rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Master thread for my book Game

This thread is for all reviews, questions, and discussion about my new book. I'm giving out review copies today and will hopefully have a cover finished next week. I'll ask for opinions on potential covers in this thread.

It looks like the release date will September 14, possibly one week earlier. Almost there!

I will be providing you all with an indepth and honest review of this new book. Game.

This far I've read the prologue. Roosh is damn right, the glory days are over. Thirty years almost I've been doing this shit, I've seen big changes.

Regardless, sounds good so far.

Just a heads up, I tried on the safari app in Apple carplay in my truck. It don't let me download the pdf. That call at thing censors srltuff like crazy. The YouTube won't show David aurini videos, and the list of Roosh YouTube videos is a lot smaller than on my phone or computer. Watch out.

Aloha!

What will be the best way to get a .pdf copy, and to get a physical copy?

Quote: (08-11-2018 07:00 PM)Thot Leader Wrote:  

What will be the best way to get a .pdf copy, and to get a physical copy?

It will be officially released around September 14. If someone is posting about the book in this thread before then, they received a review copy.

(Read about a chapter)

It's fascinating- I feel you've changed your views a lot and are much more into relationships now and less into bangs, having realised the lack of fulfillment notch chasing gives. That being said, you do paint a defeatist view of women/society nowadays. I wished I was around to experience the peak player years, but I do realise it was only a temporary state that was unsustainable.

It's kind of fascinating how it's a huge struggle to get girls, yet our competition is worse than ever before. How broken can society get?

Does the cover design need to have "Roosh Obama" or just "Roosh V"?

I'm 100 pages in and it's very good so far. I would have preferred some stories to exemplify his points, something akin to the Bang tourist books, but it's a minor complaint. I definitely like how Roosh offers up simple solutions that will help the mass of men. Don't know what kind of haircut to get? Try an undercut. Never lifted? Read Starting Strength.

I also think Roosh's writing style has improved by becoming slightly more succinct.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

I'm 60 pages in, and it is definitely written in a much more mature tone than the earlier stuff from you. I think that the focus on lifestyle is paramount in 2018 when it comes to game, and I'm glad that you've included it in the book as being a staple in building yourself into a game aware man.

The inner game stuff is also extremely important, and one thing that I've noticed about the book is that it goes above and beyond getting better at game. It can be applied to living a better life, increasing your overall value, and being a better man. I'm enjoying it so far.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

90 pages in, I'm impressed by how much you detail what things in particular you think are important, and break things down step by step, yet unlike your previous books, write in a high-level broad view as well that focuses on fulfillment of life in general.

Quote: (08-12-2018 12:05 AM)renotime Wrote:  

I'm 100 pages in and it's very good so far. I would have preferred some stories to exemplify his points

I realized the book was going to be so long that I had to consciously sacrifice stories to convey information. It's a trade-off I made to squeeze it all into one book.

Quote: (08-11-2018 08:54 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

It's kind of fascinating how it's a huge struggle to get girls, yet our competition is worse than ever before. How broken can society get?

I can't wait to read the book, but the bottom line is that men today are fighting not against each other, but against the expectations we are measured against.

Quote: (08-12-2018 08:41 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (08-12-2018 12:05 AM)renotime Wrote:  

I'm 100 pages in and it's very good so far. I would have preferred some stories to exemplify his points

I realized the book was going to be so long that I had to consciously sacrifice stories to convey information. It's a trade-off I made to squeeze it all into one book.

Maybe you could add them as a bonus.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Any way to get a review copy?

I'm 4 chapters deep so far and only found one error.
in the introductory chapter, 'Game should be tool' should instead read 'Game should be a tool'

I'm surprised that so much of the start of the book is not the sort of stuff one typically finds in other game books, it starts by recognizing the state of the sexual climate, handling self-limiting beliefs and addressing the main pre-game issues like style/hygiene and such. All the sections make their points without getting deep enough to get lost in them.

I was always skeptical of the 'mindset' category of game advice after seeing that 'stop being such a faggot' ROK article years ago, but I did read Gorilla mindset and I'm willing to give this affirmation stuff a try.

So far I'm left with the same impression that drew me into Roosh's method in the first place, it feels more authentic and focused on real results, and less PUA snake oil salesman trying to make people addicted to self-help nonsense. It is practical and authentic. I'm fresh off an LTR and re-entering game in my 30's too, so it feels very relatable.

I've listened to the first 3 chapters and I'm enjoying it so far. With audio books I sometimes zone out a bit but I've been glued to the material the whole time I've been listening (which I've done while running, cooking, etc.).

Echoing Silver_Tube above, I don't always buy into a lot of "mindset" talk but what I've heard so far is really resonating with me. I thought Chapter 2 had some good insights about developing your internal game by creating a healthy belief system, including affirmations. I'm far from a game guru but this seems like an underrated aspect that many people lack when they jump (back) into battle, newbie or otherwise. I ended a LTR this past January, and I wish I'd had that perspective when I put myself back out there a few months later.

Roosh, one quick thing - I'm not sure if this is the type of feedback you're looking for, but I figured I'd throw it out there before you release the book - towards the end of Chapter 2 (Internal Game), from 30:30 onward your voice sounds different than usual. It sounds like you had a cold that day or were really tired, with a lower than usual pitch. It only lasted for a few minutes until the end of the chapter and wasn't overtly obvious, but I did want to point it out.

Verdict - so far so good, I'm looking forward to listening to the coming chapters.

Quote:Quote:

towards the end of Chapter 2 (Internal Game), from 30:30 onward your voice sounds different than usual. It sounds like you had a cold that day or were really tired, with a lower than usual pitch

That's when I recorded after waking up! It turns out that my voice is much deeper then. You'll notice this happens several times throughout the book. If I only recorded in the afternoon, it would take me much longer to finish.

A question.

You keep repeating how a girl would always want to be with the highest value man she can be with.

How would you explain many (decently attractive) girls seemingly happy and to some extent "in love" with their beta and/or loser and/or unattractive boyfriends, rejecting guys better than him without caring too much? I would've attributed to pair bonding but you don't seem to write about this much?

I'm in chapter 4 reading the bit about attraction triggers. The part with insecure thoughts translated into cocky lines is great.

Overall the clarity of the writing is a cut above any of your other books I've read.

Not a question or a review. Just a thought.

I would be willing to pay a premium for a package deal like the kind that have been offered before. As in, buy Game before this date and get a copy of the Roosh Anthology.

Currently out of office.

How can I get a review copy? I can write a detailed review. If not, I can pay the retail price just want early access.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

Quote: (08-12-2018 10:09 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

A question.

You keep repeating how a girl would always want to be with the highest value man she can be with.

How would you explain many (decently attractive) girls seemingly happy and to some extent "in love" with their beta and/or loser and/or unattractive boyfriends, rejecting guys better than him without caring too much? I would've attributed to pair bonding but you don't seem to write about this much?

I agree with this. We all know about women reaching 30+ and settling for a provider of resources rather than the unreliable alphas she has banged in the past, but there are many other cases where, seemingly contrary to the black and white "absolute hypergamy" view i.e. that women want to be with and tend to choose the highest value man she can be with, women, even young women in their prime, choose whatever is in front of them. Some of them are just settling for a comfortable relationship within their social circle, others are actually genuinely "in love" with their relatively low value / beta BFs. These girls would actually reject men who are technically "higher value" because she is dedicated to whatever relationship she already has, even if it is with a low value man. For someone who is "game aware" and taught that women will always go after the higher value man, this can be confusing.

This happens even in the west, where "beetroot" BFs can be with a vastly superior girl in looks, but obviously it is much more common in Poland, Ukraine, FSU. Noting the difference between these places would be worthwhile, because if the book is titled "Game", my question would be, "Game for where?" For although there are many similarities based on location, there are also quite stark differences as well. Roosh's extensive travel and experience with women around he globe would put him in a very good position to point out differences between certain parts of the world. After all there is no "one size fits all" type of Game, but given Roosh's comments on the length of the book already, I'm not sure how practical or possible it is to give full treatment to these differences.

A question.

That's a philosophical question that merits its own thread. Short answer: if you're using cold approach game, you will be rewarded if you present alpha traits instead of beta. Also, girls who have beta males they "love" still crave an alpha man. If she doesn't have a barrier to cheating, she will.

Quote: (08-13-2018 07:16 AM)the Thing Wrote:  

How can I get a review copy? I can write a detailed review. If not, I can pay the retail price just want early access.

There are no more review copies available. I will consider doing an early "soft launch" if there is time.

Most of them will readily admit that they would leave their partner in a flash for __alpha celebrity of the month__

The final cover designs for my book Game are in!

Vote on the one you like the best: https://99designs.com/contests/poll/ef91a5499b

The cover with the couple sitting under the tree is definitely the best. It's a timeless image that succinctly conveys the essence of the subject matter. A very nice aesthetic that would look good on a hardcover. The other covers look much more amateurish and only suitable for an eBook. They don't grab you right away like the image of the couple under the tree does.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]