rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Newly single Brit heading to the states

As the title suggests, recently became single again and looking to head stateside at the end of the month.

Average looking, beard etc but fairly skinny. got a bit of a cockney accent but can do the Hugh Grant if required.

Anyone recommend the best place for high quality/numbers?
Also advice on playing up the fact I'm British on tinder to increase chances. Thanks

It honestly depends on your budget, but the absolute best place in the continental US for a single guy is NYC, hands down.

Also worth mentioning: Vegas and South Beach in Miami if you're big on clubbing.

None of the above will be cheap, though, hence the question re. your budget. Also, if you can, roll with a wing or two. It's not impossible to score without one, but makes things much easier (usually, anyway) as I'm sure you're already aware.

Pussy ain't for pussies...

That depends. Are you/do you look fairly young? If so college town all the way. You could go to some big city and spend a bunch of money where girls are used to foreigners and your competition is high, or you can go somewhere cheaper, with huge numbers of 18-22 yo girls, where you have high exotic value. Plus school will be starting at the end of this month.

thread-14257.html [Image: banana.gif]

Seriously though, the accent plays if girls aren't used to foreigners. My very average friend from England cleaned up when he came to visit me in college.

These guys get it:
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bnpbp...rch-of-sex

"Dan: About two years ago, I did. Other people come, my brother and that. This is William's first trip with us. We just thought, and not based on that movie, but in general, "Why go to Vegas and make things hard?" Everyone there is trying to show off, money and that.
Chris: But in America in, say, Arizona, or wherever, it's absolute nothingness! You know, in West Chester, Pennsylvania, it's forest for miles.
Carl: It's that pull. That pull of being foreign, of being English, that's a big pull here.
Chris: Right. Like, Alabama is the best place!
William: A British accent is nothing [in San Diego,] but middle America? It's the best tool in the world."

Most English guys I know who travel to the States do unbelievably well. They say that Love Actually is a realistic depiction of the receptiveness of American girls to the English charm.

Got NYC booked for December, already done Vegas and South Beach. Looking for a decent college town where English people rarely go

American women love British accents. Make sure you leverage that in all of your conversations and play the foreigner card hard.

American will be your pussy paradise with that accent.

Austin or Charleston come to mind. Especially Austin in your case.

Mesa, Arizona could be good too, but might just recommend staying in Scottsdale.

End of summer/early spring is prime time for Madison which would be lots of fun. Huge party college town.

New Orleans isn't a college town but might offer what your looking for.

Posting up in hermosa beach could be chill too although not a college town, lots of beautiful women. Brits seems to love SoCal so that might be something for you.

Also FYI Americans have no idea what a cockney accent is. I wouldn't expect much of a bump for being British.

What type of girls do you like? Most USA cities are filled with recent foreigners and resemble Brazil. Do you just want to get laid and up your notch count or are you looking for quality? Some of the remaining white Midwest areas, if you went to those smaller towns and those white girls heard your brit accent they'd go crazy. I'm from Kansas the girls here have no idea between cockney, Chelsea, welsh accents, etc... they'd go apeshit over it. But that would require substantial travel and investment on your part. Whereas NYC or Miami it would be easier for you to find a party / packed bar / club instantly upon arrival.

So I'd say before setting expectations on your 'American' experience lets just start with whether you want to party and get laid or if you have curiosity about other parts of it.

Quote: (08-04-2018 09:04 PM)phluff127 Wrote:  

Austin or Charleston come to mind. Especially Austin in your case.

Mesa, Arizona could be good too, but might just recommend staying in Scottsdale.

End of summer/early spring is prime time for Madison which would be lots of fun. Huge party college town.

New Orleans isn't a college town but might offer what your looking for.

Posting up in hermosa beach could be chill too although not a college town, lots of beautiful women. Brits seems to love SoCal so that might be something for you.

Also FYI Americans have no idea what a cockney accent is. I wouldn't expect much of a bump for being British.

If you wind up visiting Austin, please make sure to tell all your friends back home what a great place Lubbock is...

The British accent will help you a lot in the States. However, you mentioned being skinny. This will hurt you more than in Europe. I would suggest you start lifting before you go. You don't need to get huge but looking a bit athletic will help enormously in the States. The gym culture is strong here and even fat/lazy American women think they are entitled to an athlete.

Hit up small college towns. Especially in the midwest.

Quote: (08-04-2018 03:52 PM)Jimmye30 Wrote:  

As the title suggests, recently became single again and looking to head stateside at the end of the month.

Average looking, beard etc but fairly skinny. got a bit of a cockney accent but can do the Hugh Grant if required.

Anyone recommend the best place for high quality/numbers?
Also advice on playing up the fact I'm British on tinder to increase chances. Thanks

I would recommend staying out of the Western U.S. because there's too much of an oversupply of single males, and little single women. Plus cities like Salt Lake, Denver, Phoenix, and Las Vegas (outside the strip) is more for married families with children and retirees. I think you'll be fine in Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, Philadelphia, Boston, NYC

Make our guns illegal and we'll call them "undocumented"

NYC and Vegas are probably the two easiest cities in the US to get laid all else being equal, but your accent won't set you apart there the way it will in most of the rest of the country--tons of British tourists both places (and ex-pats in NYC).

Depending on how much time you have I'd focus on some combination of Chicago, Nashville, and Charleston, SC for swooping. The latter two in particular, you will clean up if you are at least average in the looks/game department to go along with the British accent.

I got my Magnum condoms, I got my wad of hundreds, I'm ready to plow!

Yeah adding on what I posted before (and clarify)....having a British accent in large American cities such as NYC, LA, Boston, etc. will have zero exotic value. I currently live in NYC and there are a ton of dudes with both British accents and accents from all around the world. Women here are not impressed by any accent because they simply hear it so much.

Outside of the big cities you will definitely have some value because of your accent.

I think the value of an English accent is a bit overrated from what I have noticed. It can be a supplement but won't help you on its own unless you are in a town in the middle of nowhere.

That being said, it helps once you have all else on lock.

I'd avoid college towns for the most part, Greek Life in America tends to ruin the game for anyone not a part of their crew which makes it tough to get the hot girls you want.

If I were you, I'd pick Vegas, NYC or any younger city where girls outnumber guys. Give Charleston, SC a visit, full of fine southern girls who are hot and the ratios are way in the favor of guys. It is mostly a beach city but if you want quality and women, then on its own the place is one of the best cities in America for single men.