rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which SEAsian country is best to visit first?

1st time poster, long time lurker.
All my best wings are Roosh people, so i decided to join.

I'm from Oslo, Norway.

Currently planning a trip to SEAsia, i want to visit Manila, Saigon, Hanoi and Bangkok.
Possibly even South Korea and Japan, if it's really the best bet for me.

After gaming feminists in Norway, i am just curious which country to go to first, so i don't feel like a fish out of the water too much.

I'm good both night and day.
I'm also shit in terms of online game, as i never do it.

Running around and chasing girls and getting results from that is what i enjoy the most. I don't mind putting in effort. I like to play the game. It clears my head.

I also like to fuck the same girl on a few different occasions and, not 'THAT' interested in providing another ride on the carousel for girls ''ordered'' from online apps to show up at my door. (Like MINI-girlfriends)

TL;DR - Which city in Asia is best if you don't do online?

I'm also 6'1, 23, fit, kinda look like a shittier version of Mariano Di Vaio.

Which city would suit me best?

Bangkok in Thailand is the best starter Southeast Asian city for everyone, yourself included. Once you get the hang of Bangkok you can move onto Vietnam / Philippines

I've only been to the Philippines in SEA so I'll chime in where I can. When I was in your shoes last year, I was deciding between Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines for my first SEA country. I ended up going with the Philippines because it has the friendliest language barrier of the four. It's also one of the less populated expat countries if that matters to you.

Talking to other guys in the region, they seem to agree with Que that Bangkok is the friendliest SEA city for beginners. It's apparently the most developed of the bunch while having great nightlife, plenty of other expats on the ground if you like some familiarity, and according to airbnb the bang for buck in accommodation is superb. Saigon has a pretty big expat scene and bang for buck accommodation as well according to airbnb and reports.

My pitch for Manila would be that as a rookie traveler, having people that speak your language is a nice asset to have on the road plus you can still do day game in the malls and night game in the nicer clubs while still standing out. For western convenience, BGC and Makati will make you feel like you're in the first world while still getting the cultural experience if you walk around other sections of the city.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Thailand IMHO is the most foreigner friendly SE country. I was amazed how open and friendly the women were (not referring to bar girls). I also found Laos to be very pleasant country to visit.. but this was waaay back in 2002.. things may have changed since then. When I was there, tourism had only recently ramp'd up. The country previously was almost North Korea like closed to the West.

Phuket, Thailand.

Traveller friendly, English spoken, local and overseas girls, cheap living, eating, stunning scenery, plenty of things to do, and the beautiful Thai people all around you.

SEA can be a bit overwhelming at first if you're from a developed country. I'd agree with people here who say Bangkok is the best entry point. It has the best infrastructure and level of comfort out of the places you mentioned (besides S Korea and Japan of course).

From there you can go to other places in the region. Flights out of Bangkok are cheap. If you feel like you're having a hard time connecting to locals, try the other places. I found Vietnamese to be slightly more friendly and welcoming than Thais even though the language barrier is about the same. I've heard Vietnamese usually take a few dates before putting out.

Philippines has the lowest language barrier, it's easiest to connect with people, and has good nightlife. But it has it's own issues (traffic, higher cost of living for a nice place, internet stability) that will be noticeable compared to SGN and BKK.

Whatever you decide, you should have a good time if you're an attractive young guy making his way around SEA.

Do you have experience traveling in South East Asia, other Asian regions, or even in general?

My vote also goes to Bangkok, because it's simply the easiest point of entry for first time South East Asia travelers. There's lots of cities and places that are better in one department, but lacking in others. Bangkok may not be the best in any of the departments, but it sure is the most well rounded.

Also, all the other cities you mentioned are only a couple hours flight away from Bangkok. Depending on how long you plan to travel, you could visit them all.

Then again, you did say this:

Quote: (08-03-2018 03:06 PM)EvilStoic Wrote:  

Running around and chasing girls and getting results from that is what i enjoy the most. I don't mind putting in effort. I like to play the game. It clears my head.

I also like to fuck the same girl on a few different occasions and, not 'THAT' interested in providing another ride on the carousel for girls ''ordered'' from online apps to show up at my door. (Like MINI-girlfriends)

I'd say Saigon would be your best bet for a quality mini relationship. But if its your first time traveling the region, it's not the easiest city to start your SEA journey in.

If you have enough time, I'd spend at least a week in Bangkok first, then go to Saigon.

Head to Tokyo and Osaka firstly unless you have a very low interest in north east asia. You aren't spending much more than in BKK these days.

If you still want to try SEA after that head to Bangkok, but keep in mind girls you'll meet at clubs frequented by foreigners are either fulltime hookers or semi pros.

Millions of foreigners visit Bangkok every year and girls are generally jaded from having been pumped and dumped by dozens of tourist guys before.

Some won't ask for money upfront but will play the long game of you sponsoring her. Money rules south east asia - totally different ballgame from north east asia where looks and game will get you girls that are actually into you.

If after your visit you aren't like "fuck this guttier tier trash country" then you're ready to head to Manila and Vietnam which are much grimier.

Quote: (08-03-2018 09:55 PM)Winston Wolfe Wrote:  

Then again, you did say this:

Quote: (08-03-2018 03:06 PM)EvilStoic Wrote:  

I'd say Saigon would be your best bet for a quality mini relationship. But if its your first time traveling the region, it's not the easiest city to start your SEA journey in.

If you have enough time, I'd spend at least a week in Bangkok first, then go to Saigon.

In what way is Saigon harder than Bangkok?

Quote: (08-04-2018 02:02 AM)AsiaBaller Wrote:  

Head to Tokyo and Osaka firstly unless you have a very low interest in north east asia. You aren't spending much more than in BKK these days.

If you still want to try SEA after that head to Bangkok, but keep in mind girls you'll meet at clubs frequented by foreigners are either fulltime hookers or semi pros.

Millions of foreigners visit Bangkok every year and girls are generally jaded from having been pumped and dumped by dozens of tourist guys before.

Some won't ask for money upfront but will play the long game of you sponsoring her. Money rules south east asia - totally different ballgame from north east asia where looks and game will get you girls that are actually into you.

If after your visit you aren't like "fuck this guttier tier trash country" then you're ready to head to Manila and Vietnam which are much grimier.

Lol, i grew up in a 1200 people town in Poland with alcoholics everywhere, it won't be that bad.

Are the Japanese and Korean girls receptive to white dudes? I've heard there is propaganda against us there.

Quote: (08-04-2018 04:44 AM)EvilStoic Wrote:  

Lol, i grew up in a 1200 people town in Poland with alcoholics everywhere, it won't be that bad.

Are the Japanese and Korean girls receptive to white dudes? I've heard there is propaganda against us there.

I've been in Japan and S.Korea for some months and the biggest limiting factor in my opinion is the language barrier. The girls tend to be the prettiest in Asia but the English levels spoken are seriously atrocious. I really hate having to resort to pigin English and body language.

The Philippines (Manila) is the easiest place for girls and they have decent English levels too, but there is absolutely nothing to do in the city for a tourist maybe apart from Intramuros.

In the end it comes down to how you want to spend your time during your vacation. During my travels I noticed I easily get bored if there's nothing to do during the days. Unfortunately the easiest places for girls (Manila & Jakarta) have close to zero tourism value. Therefore it will always be a tradeoff if one of your goals for your travels is to meet girls.

Japan & S. Korea
+Prettiest girls
+Best infrastructure
-Awful English levels
-Most expensive

Philippines (Manila)
+Best English levels in Asia together with Singapore
+Easiest place for meeting girls together with Jakarta
-A lot less stunners than in Japan and S.Korea
-Nothing to do during daytime. Can be alleviated by traveling around the islands with the best girl you find in the city.

Thailand (Bangkok)
+/- Is pretty much the middle road. Decent infrastructure, alright girls, so so English.
+Nightlife is probably the most active here
+Easiest city to find a decently priced place to stay at.

What? Which coffin in Tokyo are you living in? Do you bathe in the moat by the Emperor's palace?

That's an absurd statement, drop a datasheet if you have on the ground knowledge otherwise.

Quote: (08-04-2018 05:58 AM)Gunnar Wrote:  

The Philippines (Manila) is the easiest place for girls and they have decent English levels too, but there is absolutely nothing to do in the city for a tourist maybe apart from Intramuros.

Not really true.

Entertainment:
- Archery, Laser Tag, Bowling or Ice Skating at Megamall
- Go Karting at Circuit SM Makati
- Bowling or shooting at Makati Square
- Rock climbing at Greenfields

Spas
- ACE Water Spa
- Lasema Jjimjilbang

Tourism
- Intramuros walled city
- Museums near Lunetta park
- Ayala mall in Greenbelt

Markets
- Salcedo Saturday market
- Legazpi Sunday market
- Greenhills

Main draw is nightlife. Poblacion has some really unique and bumpin spots. Hard to replicate elsewhere.

Quote: (08-04-2018 08:34 AM)ts58 Wrote:  

What? Which coffin in Tokyo are you living in? Do you bathe in the moat by the Emperor's palace?

That's an absurd statement, drop a datasheet if you have on the ground knowledge otherwise.

Yea I would echo this. For the kind of places I got in BKK, the equivalent in Tokyo would've been 3-5x the price. For food it wasn't as pronounced but still noticeably higher. I'd say as a general rule, Tokyo is 3x the price of BKK.

Bangkok so you have the option of going out 7 days a week.

Quote: (08-04-2018 09:16 AM)thoughtgypsy Wrote:  

Quote: (08-04-2018 05:58 AM)Gunnar Wrote:  

Not really true.

Entertainment:
- Archery, Laser Tag, Bowling or Ice Skating at Megamall
- Go Karting at Circuit SM Makati
- Bowling or shooting at Makati Square
- Rock climbing at Greenfields

Spas
- ACE Water Spa
- Lasema Jjimjilbang

Tourism
- Intramuros walled city
- Museums near Lunetta park
- Ayala mall in Greenbelt

Markets
- Salcedo Saturday market
- Legazpi Sunday market
- Greenhills

Main draw is nightlife. Poblacion has some really unique and bumpin spots. Hard to replicate elsewhere.

Yea I would echo this. For the kind of places I got in BKK, the equivalent in Tokyo would've been 3-5x the price. For food it wasn't as pronounced but still noticeably higher. I'd say as a general rule, Tokyo is 3x the price of BKK.

Thanks, I wish I had knew this when I was there. Regardless it's a real pain in the ass to move around anywhere in Manila due to the insane traffic.

No need to drop a datasheet for that.

For the sub 30 guys centrally located hostels aren't much more expensive unless your idea of staying in Bangkok is slumming it with trashpackers on Khao San Road.

[Image: 5Kx96M1.png]
[Image: rCPVy18.png]

Keep in mind in Tokyo if you bang you can just go to a love hotel which is expected and socially accepted while a non hooker in Bangkok won't be down to go to a short time hotel.

Also in Bangkok you still can't walk to any of the clubs in Thong Lo even from that good location and you'll have to cab it which will likely add the difference while in Tokyo you can just walk to the clubs in Roppongi.

Now for the older guys or those who don't like hostels there are plenty of cheap centrally located hotels in Tokyo. Hotels in general won't allow random overnight guests so you would have to go to a love hotel either way.

[Image: p0D2Zv2.png]

This one is in walking distance to Roppongi for 60 bucks a night.

This hotel near Phrom Phong is about on the same level for 48 a night and you still need to cab it to clubs (hotels around Thong Lo and Ekkamai cost about 70 a night)

[Image: icgEegn.png]

There are some dingy hotels left for less than that but I wouldn't really want to stay there. Lower Sukhumvit is also taxi mafia territory which means you can't get cheap or further away rides at all.

This is still greatly skewed. I've booked cheap places by Roppongi with similar room dimensions. It's probably one of the five worst places I've stayed in my life. First of all, the size of the room is literally the size of the bed mattress. The corners of the bed are touching the walls whereas in SEA you can get a full sized apartment for half the price. I brought a girl back once in Roppongi that got freaked out that my room was literally just the bed. She got up pretty quick. Those rooms are not good for fighting off any legitimate LMR because it doesn't give the chicks any plausible deniability.

Second of all, the Roppongi area is more dangerous than gets talked about on the forum. Really not the most ideal place to stay. It's legit surrounded by aggressive Nigerians trying to get you into their shitty shady scam bar girl clubs and it's the area where Tokyo wants to dump all of the foreigner trouble into one place. They'll turn a blind eye to foreigners getting scammed and targeted there. I really wouldn't recommend it if you're white especially, some Nigerians tend to have something against white westerners.

You are out of your mind if you think Tokyo and Bangkok/Manila are in the same price range. I spent the same amount in Tokyo for 10 days that I did in Manila for a month...... And Manila is more expensive than Bangkok supposedly.......

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Quote: (08-04-2018 12:19 PM)yankeetravels Wrote:  

I brought a girl back once in Roppongi that got freaked out that my room was literally just the bed. She got up pretty quick. Those rooms are not good for fighting off any legitimate LMR because it doesn't give the chicks any plausible deniability.

A Japanese girl would never be freaked out as this size is normal. Also hotels don't allow overnight guests and generally want extra money for double occupancy.

Quote:Quote:

Second of all, the Roppongi area is more dangerous than gets talked about on the forum. Really not the most ideal place to stay. It's legit surrounded by aggressive Nigerians trying to get you into their shitty shady scam bar girl clubs and it's the area where Tokyo wants to dump all of the foreigner trouble into one place. They'll turn a blind eye to foreigners getting scammed and targeted there. I really wouldn't recommend it if you're white especially, some Nigerians tend to have something against white westerners.

If you don't engage the Nigerians and follow them to their rip off joints you have nothing to worry about, just like you have nothing to worry about in the west if you don't go to sketchy clip joints.

It's pretty laughable to call the area dangerous when in Bangkok stuff like this happens all the time:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut...story.html

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/f...everything

http://time.com/3674200/thailand-tourism...extortion/

Thai guys generally hate western foreigners and pull everything from petty scams (taxi mafia) to full blown multi thousand dollar shakedowns (corrupt thai police is usually involved) and murders out of jealousy or to gain financial benefits are not uncommon (usually thai wifes who want to get the husbands assets).

https://www.farang-deaths.com/

Thailand is a lawless 3rd world country, Tokyo is safe first world if you don't engage sketchy africans.

Stay away from Roppongi. Shibuya is the best night life in Tokyo if you don't know locals in other neighborhoods. Hotels tend to be more expensive but I never had issues bringing a girl back up to my room.

I used to start the evening at either the Hub or Scramble right next to Shibuya crossing. Plenty of foreigners and Japanese chicks looking to meet foreigners. I like that self selecting group even though the rate of stunners is lower. From there you can ask around about other interesting places or go to another stop with a group.

I was laughing reading about tiny hitels where the room is literally a bed and a shower/shitter combination. Had the same experience in Hong Kong bringing a girl back to the room where she freaked out. Hotel was next to Lan Kwai Fong, what did she expect lol.

Quote: (08-04-2018 11:46 AM)AsiaBaller Wrote:  

For the sub 30 guys centrally located hostels aren't much more expensive unless your idea of staying in Bangkok is slumming it with trashpackers on Khao San Road.

AsiaBaller, I've read your stuff and I just don't think you actually know BKK even though you may have been there.

https://imgur.com/a/s65bLtA

This was my room in BKK. 20000 THB monthly = 30 USD/night. Every girl I brought back mentioned my room was nice. Damn right it is. 30 stories up on Rama 4. There is a balcony to the left in the pic and behind me a couch. Hostels? In BKK? Come on.

Also in Bangkok you still can't walk to any of the clubs in Thong Lo even from that good location and you'll have to cab it which will likely add the difference while in Tokyo you can just walk to the clubs in Roppongi.
I've cabbed 900m down Sukhumvit to my place to seal the deal. Cabs are dirt cheap in BKK. If you really want to not walk, get a place across RCA or Thong Lor soi 10. Pay up for the better logistics.

This hotel near Phrom Phong is about on the same level for 48 a night and you still need to cab it to clubs (hotels around Thong Lo and Ekkamai cost about 70 a night)
I have a go to place about 600m away from Terminal 21 that I pay at most 30 USD/night, not the place in my pic above that's 80% of the size of the room in the pic, no kitchen.

You just have to look around for the deals.

I can't comment on Tokyo, but I can't agree Tokyo is approaching anywhere near BKK prices/values. That's just a ridiculous statement.

I've been to Bangkok and Toyko - there is no equivalence on price.

Bangkok is the cheapest 5 star hotel city in the world. There is a lot of competition. My favourite place to stay is The Muse.

I want to hear more from OP. What are your plans?

Quote: (08-04-2018 01:25 PM)monsquid Wrote:  

I was laughing reading about tiny hitels where the room is literally a bed and a shower/shitter combination. Had the same experience in Hong Kong bringing a girl back to the room where she freaked out. Hotel was next to Lan Kwai Fong, what did she expect lol.

I had some of the best sex of my life in a room in Chungking Mansion. The 1 square meter dimensions actually made for better fucking because it was easier to maintain exotic positions with supportive walls within arms reach in every direction.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Vietnam is a massive shit hole rife with scams that can be easily overlooked. Literally the second you leave the airport you’re going to get scammed by the fake taxis. Most girls aren’t even easy lays. Would avoid, especially as a newbie to SEA.

I’d personally go to Korea/Seoul as a first fun trip to Asia. At least you’ll be sure you won’t have any problems. It’s safe and developed. Slightly cheaper than Tokyo. Hot girls. Should be able to find deals on Airbnb. If you’re tall, blond and in decent shape then hooking up with girls shouldn’t be a problem.

My next choice would be Tokyo, then Bangkok.

My first stop in SE Asia was Bangkok. It sounds like you have some game so it should be great. Just get out and do your thing. I hooked up 7/9 nights I was there, literally every night I went out. There's also tons of cool temples, night markets and awesome food.

Manila is a shithole and most of the women that will come directly to your airbnb are dirt poor and looking for a ticket out. Personally I like when girls are attracted to me, not some material thing I can offer them. After a few days in Manilla, I felt degenerate and dirty. Other places in the Philippines however are awesome.

Quote: (08-05-2018 12:25 AM)asiaslayer Wrote:  

Vietnam is a massive shit hole rife with scams that can be easily overlooked. Literally the second you leave the airport you’re going to get scammed by the fake taxis. Most girls aren’t even easy lays. Would avoid, especially as a newbie to SEA.

I’d personally go to Korea/Seoul as a first fun trip to Asia. At least you’ll be sure you won’t have any problems. It’s safe and developed. Slightly cheaper than Tokyo. Hot girls. Should be able to find deals on Airbnb. If you’re tall, blond and in decent shape then hooking up with girls shouldn’t be a problem.

My next choice would be Tokyo, then Bangkok.

I hear that about every place i visit and i have never been scammed by anything. I have no problem telling someone to fuck off.