rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man shoots up newspaper for reporting on case involving his "harassment" of women

Man shoots up newspaper for reporting on case involving his "harassment" of women

He killed 5 people at an Annapolis, Maryland newspaper:

Quote:Quote:

The suspect charged in the killing of five people at the Capital Gazette in Maryland, Jarrod Ramos, had a longstanding vendetta against the paper and disturbing history of harassing women.

Ramos’ sued the paper for defamation in 2012 after it reported accurately on his guilty plea for harassing a woman he went to high school with.

Brennan McCarthy, the attorney who represented the woman Ramos tormented, told CBS that Ramos used Facebook and email to harass and stalk his client for years.

“He was as angry an individual as I have ever seen,” McCarthy said. “She lost her job because of this individual … He is malevolent. He forwarded a letter to her employer, basically stating that she was bipolar and a drunkard which is ridiculous.”

Court documents show that harassment began in 2009 when Ramos and the woman became friends on Facebook. In 2011, Ramos pleaded guilty to criminal harassment and was handed a 90-day jail sentence but was ultimately placed on 18-months’ probation.

Five days after Ramos pleaded, The Capital published a column by Eric Thomas Hartley titled, “Jarrod wants to be your friend.”

The article reveals details from the trial outlining how shortly after becoming friends on social media, Ramos became angry and fixated with the woman and started sending threatening messages.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4304882/capit...-facebook/

Here's the original article which caused Ramos to sue the paper for defamation. He lost the case in court.

"If you're on Facebook, you've probably gotten a friend request or message
from an old high school classmate you didn't quite remember.

"For one woman, that experience turned into a yearlong nightmare.

"Out of the blue, Jarrod Ramos wrote and thanked her for being the only
person ever to say hello or be nice to him in school.

"She didn't remember him, so he sent pictures. She Googled him, found a
yearbook picture and realized they apparently did go to Arundel High
together.

"He was having some problems, so she wrote back and tried to help,
suggesting a counseling center.

"'I just thought I was being friendly,' she said.

"That sparked months of emails in which Ramos alternately asked for help,
called her vulgar names and told her to kill herself. He emailed her company
and tried to get her fired.

"She stopped writing back and told him to stop, but he continued. When she
blocked him from seeing her Facebook page, he found things she wrote on
other people's pages and taunted her with it, attaching screenshots of the
postings to some of his emails.

"She called police, and for months he stopped. But then he started again,
nastier than ever.

"All this without having seen her in person since high school. They never met
until they came to court a couple of months ago.

"Last week, Ramos, a 31-year-old federal employee, pleaded guilty in District
Court to a misdemeanor harassment charge.

"Judge Jonas Legum, who called his behavior 'rather bizarre,' suspended a 90-
day jail sentence and placed him on probation, ordering him to continue in
therapy and not contact the victim or her family in any way.

"The case is extreme. But it provides a frightening look at the false intimacy
the Internet can offer and the venom that can hide behind a computer screen.

"'I read about this all the time, where Facebook conversations, email
conversations, start out fine and then take a turn where they become nastier
over the course of time,' said Ramos' lawyer, Christopher Drewniak, 'And this
is apparently one of those situations.'

"The victim, who asked that her name not be printed, said she lived in fear for
her safety for months.

"The emails started in late 2009 or early 2010 – she can't remember exactly,
because it was only a few months later that they grew disturbing and she
started documenting things.

"At first, she felt bad for him, so she shared some personal information and
offered advice.

"'But when it seemed to me that it was turning into something that gave me a
bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, that he seems to think there's some sort
of relationship here that does not exist ... I tried to slowly back away from it,
and he just started getting angry and vulgar to the point I had to tell him to
stop,' she told the judge.

"'And he was not OK with that. He would send me things and basically tell
me, "You're going to need restraining order now." "You can't make me stop.
I know all these things about you." "I'm going to tell everyone about your
life."

"An email in April 2010 said, 'Have another drink and go hang yourself, you
cowardly little lush. Don't contact you again? I don't give a (expletive).
(Expletive) you.'

"Later that month, the woman was suddenly put on probation at the bank
where she worked. She said a supervisor told her it was because of an email
from Ramos and a follow-up phone call in which he advised them to fire her.

"She said she was laid off in September and believes, but can't prove, it was
because of Ramos. She's since gotten another job.

"When she learned what Ramos had done, she called police. He stopped
contacting her for a while and started counseling in November. Still, the
silence was not comforting.

"'That just left me to feel like he was stewing,' she said. 'For all the time he
was silent, he's collecting things about me. And then comes back at me, like,
10 times worse than he had before.'

"The messages resumed in January, referring to friends' Facebook profiles and
postings about her and about Ramos himself.

"His messages rambled, calling her 'a bipolar drunkard leading a double life'
and saying 'Expletive you, leave me alone' though she hadn't written him in
months. He told her she was afraid to let a man get close to her and discussed
her family, friends, job and Rotary Club involvement – all information
gleaned from the Internet.

"In January, the victim went to court to get a peace order and file charges.
Finally, he stopped for good. Ramos, a tall, thin man with long hair he wears
in a ponytail, did not speak at the hearing and did not return a call for
comment left with his attorney.

"He has a degree in computer engineering and has worked for the U.S. Bureau
of Labor Statistics for six years, Drewniak said. He had no previous criminal
record.

"Detective Rob Cremen, who handles domestic violence cases in the county
police Southern District, said sustained harassment like this is rare.

"Facebook and networks like it offer the chance to reconnect with old friends.
But they also can invite unwanted attention. Many people don't realize how
much information about them is on social networking sites and elsewhere on
the web.

"'It's kind of a double-edged sword,' Cremen said."

Source is the original lawsuit: http://170.99.108.1/appellate/unreported...281s13.pdf

The article doesn't at all appear defamatory. Looks like he was indeed a nutjob.

Quote: (06-29-2018 02:30 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

He killed 5 people at an Annapolis, Maryland newspaper:

The suspect charged in the killing of five people at the Capital Gazette in Maryland, Jarrod Ramos, had a longstanding vendetta against the paper and disturbing history of harassing women.

Ramos’ sued the paper for defamation in 2012 after it reported accurately on his guilty plea for harassing a woman he went to high school with.

Brennan McCarthy, the attorney who represented the woman Ramos tormented, told CBS that Ramos used Facebook and email to harass and stalk his client for years.

Source is the original lawsuit: http://170.99.108.1/appellate/unreported...281s13.pdf

The article doesn't at all appear defamatory. Looks like he was indeed a nutjob.

In a massive (((coincidence))), the exact same shooting was "drilled" a week before it actually happened. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

[Image: Dg0kD-QWAAAa_2r.jpg]
[Image: Dg0kD-FXcAA4Iz_.jpg]

The crazy thing about this is that all the blue check mark twitter "journalist" tried to blame Milo Yiannopoulos for inciting the shooting just 24 hours ago:

Quote:[/url]

Quote:

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/eugenegu/status/1012487171310153728]

I guess they were wrong, again.

I`ll bet the farm that this guy was on SSRI`s. They`ve started hiding it now. Same thing with Minassian, the initial court proceedings included questions on the use of prescription medications, however the answer did not reach the public. Makes sense, this type of information is not coming out anymore as they`ve realized that people are more savvy regarding this issue now.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

Here on RVF, we all thought:

"It's another guy who can't get laid"

The rest the world thinks this kind of thing is completely inexplicable.

Game saves lives.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote: (06-29-2018 07:01 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

Here on RVF, we all thought:

"It's another guy who can't get laid"

The rest the world thinks this kind of thing is completely inexplicable.

Game saves lives.

Yes indeed. Game is also about being a man & controlling your destiny (in addition to the nice prize of getting laid). Incels that are dependent on meds tend to struggle at these things.

Incel loser.

The guy was/is the definition of an incel.

It’s getting virtually no news coverage despite the fact that a guy shooting up a newspaper is to the press, akin to desecrating a holy temple. And the reason why it’s getting minimal coverage is due to what Chris Matthews on msnbc said yesterday. He said that since the guy used a shotgun, they can’t use this incident to press the gun control narrative.

Quote: (06-30-2018 11:52 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

The guy was/is the definition of an incel.

It’s getting virtually no news coverage despite the fact that a guy shooting up a newspaper is to the press, akin to desecrating a holy temple. And the reason why it’s getting minimal coverage is due to what Chris Matthews on msnbc said yesterday. He said that since the guy used a shotgun, they can’t use this incident to press the gun control narrative.

Agree with this, but also the Ramos name might be a factor.

George L. Mallory

The problem with game saves lives is that dudes that far gone are never ever going to actually make any attempt to learn game. Even if they read through the entire manosphere the most you'd see is they make one spergy attempt to talk to a girl, the girl tries to gently let them down, and they're back to cursing her out and calling her a whore and insisting that all game material is just a scam to sell kratom.

Quote: (06-30-2018 04:56 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

The problem with game saves lives is that dudes that far gone are never ever going to actually make any attempt to learn game. Even if they read through the entire manosphere the most you'd see is they make one spergy attempt to talk to a girl, the girl tries to gently let them down, and they're back to cursing her out and calling her a whore and insisting that all game material is just a scam to sell kratom.

This is not addressed to you specifically.
Simply as a general notion :

Ironic. Promote Darwinism & "natural selection" to the nth degree. Get rather fussed when people put said ideas into practice...

It's worse than that.

Elliot Rodgers was on PUAhate so therefore it was the manosphere's fault he killed those people.

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

Quote: (06-30-2018 05:29 PM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

Quote: (06-30-2018 04:56 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

This is not addressed to you specifically.
Simply as a general notion :

Ironic. Promote Darwinism & "natural selection" to the nth degree. Get rather fussed when people put said ideas into practice...

As far as Darwinism goes, in tribal or more traditional societies these guys get eliminated. If you've ever visited one of those nightmare fuel gore sites, a pretty common video will be some creep that was diddling kids in a rural third world village getting brutally murdered by the mob. Oddly they never seem to fight back or try to run away either, no idea why that is.

The reason spree killers, diddlers, and all the other antisocial unstable males persist and even seem rife in our society is that it's possible to live in our society as a nutcase in a totally solitary manner until you decide to go out in a bang or you finally manage to get sloppy enough with the serial killing or diddling so even the police are able to figure it out between their hourly Starbucks runs.

The problem is there are so many creepy teenage boys that grow out of it, I can't see any sort of system that would successfully detect the future incel spree killers without unfairly ruining the lives of people who are just awkward or socially anxious.

Ramos is responsible for his actions and should be punished.

The newspaper did not have to publish a headline mocking an unstable man.

Who are the other women he was harassing? Was there a pattern of behavior? Are there police reports? How did an unstable harasser of multiple women fall through the cracks?

There are millions of potential Ramos' and Rogers out there in US society.

Our society is perfectly designed to manufacture these crazies at a startling rate.

If you sat down and designed a program to make as many crazy homicidal spree/revenge shooters/bombers as possible, if you intentionally wanted to create a era of US history in which mass shootings increased and became normalized...you could NOT DO BETTER than the system we have now.

Take young men and indoctrinate them from birth that "they are monsters". Then eliminate the US military, farming, and other brute physical labor, as a way to gain some success. Then eliminate marriage and family. What you have left is about 5-10% of the boy population that COMPLETELY INSANE.

Any of them can snap at any time and start killing people.

You can't stop them.

You can't detect them.

You can't ban weapons...they can make explosives out of common household materials. Or drive cars at high speeds into crowds.

What's the solution: THERE IS NONE.

Eventually this will grow and destabilize the country, the law enforcement agencies will go crazy and lock down every possible behavior, but it won't fix anything. Eventually this leads to universal male criminality. Then men, destroyed as a gender, will really go crazy and then you have a *real* war and women lose. Then we have Gilead and universal female servitude.

Asymmetric Threats. You can't fight them.

PS. If you want to get your comment instantly banned on any discussion forum, mention this dilemma. Of all the thing that strikes instant, insane and reflexive fear into any woman, it's this issue. Why? Because this is the root of their problem with the universe and they know it. They bred teenage males to be homicidal, the most aggressive killing machines on the planet, for a million years. Now they suddenly don't want it any more. Oops. Ain't gonna happen ladies. Read a book called "the Gate to Women's Country" by Uber-man-hater author Sheri s. Tepper.

Quote: (07-01-2018 12:23 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

snip

[Image: potd.gif]

Take young men and indoctrinate them from birth that "they are monsters". Then eliminate the US military, farming, and other brute physical labor, as a way to gain some success. Then eliminate marriage and family. What you have left is about 5-10% of the boy population that COMPLETELY INSANE.

You're absolutely right. Add in weak-willed single mothers and pushover metrosexual soy fathers and further restrict any possible outlet for aggression - shooting as a hobby, professional trades/trade schooling, even violent video games - and you have a cauldron waiting to boil over.

^^^^

Wait a second.

Does anyone have access to reliable statistics that show these incidences of multiple (or mass) shootings is rising? Because I remember reading that fewer of them were happening -- at least per capita.

The U.S. has always had its share of maniacs, from Manson to Gilmore to Starkweather to the guy who shot students from the bell tower in the '60s. We just don't remember most of these men unless they become the subject of a song, book, or movie.

Anyway, this isn't my area of expertise, but I'm not sure I agree with the concept that we're breeding more of these types until I see some non-partisan data.

Our society is perfectly designed to manufacture these crazies at a startling rate.

If you sat down and designed a program to make as many crazy homicidal spree/revenge shooters/bombers as possible, if you intentionally wanted to create a era of US history in which mass shootings increased and became normalized...you could NOT DO BETTER than the system we have now.

You can't stop them.

You can't detect them.

You can't ban weapons...they can make explosives out of common household materials. Or drive cars at high speeds into crowds.

Eventually this will grow and destabilize the country, the law enforcement agencies will go crazy and lock down every possible behavior, but it won't fix anything. Eventually this leads to universal male criminality. Then men, destroyed as a gender, will really go crazy and then you have a *real* war and women lose. Then we have Gilead and universal female servitude.

PS. If you want to get your comment instantly banned on any discussion forum, mention this dilemma. Of all the thing that strikes instant, insane and reflexive fear into any woman, it's this issue. Why? Because this is the root of their problem with the universe and they know it. They bred teenage males to be homicidal, the most aggressive killing machines on the planet, for a million years. Now they suddenly don't want it any more. Oops. Ain't gonna happen ladies. Read a book called "the Gate to Women's Country" by Uber-man-hater author Sheri s. Tepper.

Interesting that you mentioned farming. The average age of the US farmer is almost 60 yo! So it should be a perfect time for young men to get into farming. Unfortunately, big-food, big-pharma (selling animal antibiotics etc.) and of course big-gov have made it almost impossible to gain entry into farming. The financial impediment is to great to overcome for a young person. You either do it their way, which entails heavy investments to get started, or you will face major problems ranging from the USDA, insurance companies etc. The tax burden on US farmers is also very substantial in general.

Raising healthy animals and producing food in an holistic manner (really hate use that word) is something that could be very worthwhile to do for young men these days. You could help improve the nations health. Fight obesity, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, nutritional deficiencies and so on. Also help the environment. (for real) Adding topsoil, sequestering carbon, utilizing the land much more efficiently than with monocropping etc, via this holistic principle again. Drastically improve animal welfare. (Healthy animals also taste better.)

Had not Government gotten in the way for reasons relating to profit, for themselves and for big-food and big-pharma again, (also as a downstream effect of all the drugs people have to use resulting from eating mostly flour, sugar and seed oils) this would have been relatively easy to get into. A small investment to get started really. It could (and should) also be very profitable. The demand for healthy food is definitely there, and it would be easier to come by and somewhat cheaper had people like Salatin been allowed almost complete freedom.

PS: There`s also a link between nutritional deficiencies, like for example the lack off riboflavin, (vit B2) trace minerals like lithium, essential minerals like magnesium etc. and people going bonkers. Eating animals and produce raised in the way mentioned above provides these dietary elements in abundance and hence gives the brain what it needs in order to stay calm and collected. Plenty of studies confirming that in fact.

George L. Mallory

Quote: (07-01-2018 02:13 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

^^^^

Wait a second.

Does anyone have access to reliable statistics that show these incidences of multiple (or mass) shootings is rising? Because I remember reading that fewer of them were happening -- at least per capita.

The U.S. has always had its share of maniacs, from Manson to Gilmore to Starkweather to the guy who shot students from the bell tower in the '60s. We just don't remember most of these men unless they become the subject of a song, book, or movie.

Anyway, this isn't my area of expertise, but I'm not sure I agree with the concept that we're breeding more of these types until I see some non-partisan data.

Good point. However, there is no single definition of mass shootings -- apparently the US Congress definition is three or more people killed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting#Definitions

What would be interesting is the number of killings among non-blacks (both mass shootings and non-mass shootings), that are not motivated by some kind of obvious material gain or gang warfare.

Quote: (07-01-2018 02:13 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

^^^^

Wait a second.

Good point. I have no hard data on this. Would be interested to see any that can be found.

9 people stabbed in mass attack

https://apnews.com/c7c1eb7337664e58ba5fa224ed5cd9a9

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A man who had been asked to leave an Idaho apartment complex because of bad behavior returned the next day and stabbed nine people, including six children, at a toddler’s birthday party, police said.

Timmy Kinner showed up late Saturday at the complex, which houses many resettled refugee families. Kinner, who is not a refugee, targeted the party that was held a few doors down from the apartment where he had stayed for a short time, police said.

You can't stop them.

You can't detect them.

As usual, MrLemon makes an excellent and deeply unsettling point. Despite material abundance, our society manages to alienate, degrade, and scare young men to the point they have serious psychological disorders. We have absolutely none of the organic social mechanisms that used to harness and manage male aggression constructively.

I was talking with my friend last night about how men must socialized with each other in ancient hunting parties and tribes. Even though there was probably a competitive element, and none of the overt affection that women show one another, you would definitely be concerned about the welfare of the other men in your tribe. You would also know that they were concerned about you. Which makes sense, since you were likely genetically related, or married to each others sisters, or whatever. You would also have depended on each other if the tribe was ever attacked by a neighboring tribe, so deep levels of trust would have existed, too. You would ensure their well being if they got hurt, and vice versa. And if either you or your wife tried to step outside of your wedding vows, the entire tribe would have flipped the fuck out, and put you right back in line, to maintain social order.

If .1% of the male population decided to go on the warpath, they could shut the country down overnight. I sincerely hope it doesn't come that, ever.

Well, maybe its exactly because of our material abundance that this happens.
If they had to farm or hunt to eat, then they wouldn't have the time to go crazy.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Notice that the media almost immediately lost interest in this case.

They frequently like to claim that they're concerned about "saving lives" and that this has absolutely nothing to do with preventing citizens from having weapons that would allow them to effectively resist the government's troops. Actual events prove otherwise. In multiple instances they have blown into an absolute frenzy trying to have various forms of "assault weapons" banned that are almost always the worst choice for any kind of shooting engagement....EXCEPT for medium to long range firefights the kind of which happen during asymmetric warfare. When it comes to the kinds of weapons like shotguns that are by far the most deadly in the hands of an untrained shooter the response is crickets. In fact these kinds of small scale murders with shotguns and pistols happen all the time whereas assault rifle shootings are relatively rare.