rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rapper XXXTentacion Dead at 20

Quote:Quote:

Rapper Xxxtentacion was shot in South Florida on Monday, USA TODAY has confirmed.

The rapper (real name: Jahseh Onfroy) was gunned down outside of a motorcycle dealership in Deerfield Beach, Fla., the Broward County Sheriff's Office told USA TODAY.

Rescue workers transferred the 20-year-old to North Broward Hospital. At 5:40 p.m. ET, local police tweeted that "the adult male that was taken to the hospital has been pronounced dead."

Authorities in Florida say they're searching for two suspects in the fatal shooting.

XXXTentacion had been at RIVA Motorsports checking out inventory, the sheriff's office said. He was in a black luxury vehicle and preparing to leave when two armed suspects approached him. At least one of them fired, and then both suspects fled the scene in a dark SUV.

Investigators say the shooting may have been a possible robbery.

Xxxtentacion began to gain mainstream attention in early 2017 after uploading his single, "Look at Me!" to Soundcloud. His album "17" landed at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, and in March, XXXTentacion’s album “?” debuted at No. 1.

The adult male victim has been confirmed as 20 year old Jahseh Onfroy aka rapper #XXXTentacion.
— Broward Sheriff (@browardsheriff) June 18, 2018
But the Florida native was a controversial figure, and had many run-ins with the law. He was currently awaiting trial on charges including domestic battery, aggravated battery and false imprisonment against his pregnant girlfriend stemming from 2016.

According to the "Miami New Times," his ex Geneva Ayala's depositions "detail a pattern of regular, torturous abuse that summer, with daily verbal attacks and physical incidents every three or four days."

According to Ayala's statement, he beat her at times, choked her, broke clothes hangers on her legs, threatened to chop off her hair or cut out her tongue, pressed knives or scissors to her face, and held her head under water in their bathroom while promising to drown her.

Reaction from the music community came pouring in following news of Xxxtentacion's death.Rapper Xxxtentacion was shot in South Florida on Monday, USA TODAY has confirmed.

The rapper (real name: Jahseh Onfroy) was gunned down outside of a motorcycle dealership in Deerfield Beach, Fla., the Broward County Sheriff's Office told USA TODAY.

Rescue workers transferred the 20-year-old to North Broward Hospital. At 5:40 p.m. ET, local police tweeted that "the adult male that was taken to the hospital has been pronounced dead."

Authorities in Florida say they're searching for two suspects in the fatal shooting.

XXXTentacion had been at RIVA Motorsports checking out inventory, the sheriff's office said. He was in a black luxury vehicle and preparing to leave when two armed suspects approached him. At least one of them fired, and then both suspects fled the scene in a dark SUV.

Xxxtentacion began to gain mainstream attention in early 2017 after uploading his single, "Look at Me!" to Soundcloud. His album "17" landed at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, and in March, XXXTentacion’s album “?” debuted at No. 1.

The adult male victim has been confirmed as 20 year old Jahseh Onfroy aka rapper #XXXTentacion.
But the Florida native was a controversial figure, and had many run-ins with the law. He was currently awaiting trial on charges including domestic battery, aggravated battery and false imprisonment against his pregnant girlfriend stemming from 2016.

According to the "Miami New Times," his ex Geneva Ayala's depositions "detail a pattern of regular, torturous abuse that summer, with daily verbal attacks and physical incidents every three or four days."

According to Ayala's statement, he beat her at times, choked her, broke clothes hangers on her legs, threatened to chop off her hair or cut out her tongue, pressed knives or scissors to her face, and held her head under water in their bathroom while promising to drown her.

Reaction from the music community came pouring in following news of Xxxtentacion's death.

I'm not a fan of his, IMO his music is pretty mediocre and his rise in popularity is indicative of the decline in quality of entertainment and of American culture. That said, his music must have made quite an impact with the younger generation as they apparently related a lot his lyrics with themes of depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, etc. The dude was basically a sociopathic criminal yet he was lauded as this artistic genius who brought great value to the music world. I realize I sound like "kids these days!" bitter old fella but I'm in my 20's and looking at what the kind of entertainment and bullshit that the media promotes and the public laps up makes me feel quite disconnected.

Unless you're under 25 I'd imagine most members here would be unaware of XXXTentacion's existence. I only made a post about him because his story is kind of interesting when viewed through a red-pill lens.

Onfroy's tumultuous but intensely close relationship with his mother, Cleopatra Bernard, was one of the defining aspects of his early life and tied to the pattern of fighting that characterized his adolescence. He didn't live with her while growing up; she was 17 or 18 when she had him and in a hard spot financially. "Raising a kid was, honestly, one of her last priorities," the singer says. He spent the first decade of his life cycling through the homes of friends, family, and babysitters.

Onfroy picked fights with other students to get his mother's attention. "I chased her," he says. "I used to beat kids at school just to get her to talk to me, yell at me."

Raised by a single mother: check
No mention of father figure or male influence whatsoever: check

Soon after starting school at Piper High in 2012, Onfroy graduated to more serious offenses, including armed robbery, burglary, possession of a firearm, resisting arrest, and possession of oxycodone

Huge rap sheet before graduating high school: check

"It was like, 'My bad, dude, I can't get you on this show,'" Calle recalls. "But he shows up anyway. He's like, 'I'm performing.'" Calle tried to stop him. Despite his size, Onfroy had a way of making things happen. "You have to understand," Calle says, "he's very sure. He's very absolute."

Despite his flaws, the guy seemed pretty fucking Alpha. Did whatever he wanted, and beat he fuck out of anyone that crossed him.

The guards opened the cell and pulled Onfroy off. "I told you I would kill him," the rapper reports saying. He contends the guards didn't charge him. Instead, they told him to clean up. His mother was visiting, and when she spotted blood under his fingernails, she asked what had happened. When he responded, "This n**** did some gay shit, so I had to crack his head open," she began crying.

The dude literally didn't give a fuck.

Back in Parkland, in the dim recording studio of his $1.4 million home, Onfroy explains why he's not a feminist. Feminists aren't looking for equality, he says. They want empowerment. "Women may see or feel that they're belittled," he says, "but you're only belittled if you want to be belittled." Take, for instance, Hillary Clinton, he says. "She ran [for president] and she wasn't killed for it. That says everything."

In this post-#MeToo moment, when abuse allegations "can go off hearsay," Onfroy argues, "women are almost more powerful than men."

Dude was pretty redpill lol

In late May 2016, Onfroy was preparing to perform at an impromptu venue next to a thrift store in Oakland Park. As concertgoers crowded in, Onfroy spotted a girl from across the room. She had a model's frame, dark eyeliner, inch-long acrylic nails, and a head of short, loose curls. Onfroy beelined for her. "He locked eyes with me," the girl says. Then he grabbed her by the throat. "He made it seem sexy."

P solid approach, bro.

Onfroy intimated that he liked Ayala and at one point pulled her onto his lap in a surprising but not off-putting way. "I liked him too," she says. "I thought, He's cute. He seems intelligent."

Seems like he had pretty tight game for a sixteen year old.

So when Onfroy moved to Orlando in late June 2016, Ayala went with him. The depositions detail a pattern of regular, torturous abuse that summer, with daily verbal attacks and physical incidents every three or four days. According to Ayala's statement, he beat her at times, choked her, broke clothes hangers on her legs, threatened to chop off her hair or cut out her tongue, pressed knives or scissors to her face, and held her head under water in their bathroom while promising to drown her.

The same people who retweet #MeToo posts probably bump this guy's music and helped make him famous.

While Onfroy was in custody, Lee and a few other friends helped Ayala escape. Shortly thereafter, she moved to Texas, safely far from Onfroy.

But by August, the two were talking again. In September, when Onfroy was released on $50,000 bond and placed under house arrest, they decided to move in together. They found a place in Sweetwater: an apartment complex near Florida International University where three friends were living.

You know the story...

This post wasn't a huge investment of my time, just thought it'd be interesting to throw it out there. I don't care about the music these rappers make but their fame and cult of personality based on notoriety really fascinates me. Does the populace look up to these people because they break rules and reap the benefits? Do they really not have that much going on with their lives that they pseudoworship a sociopathic scrub? Tbh I spent 30 minutes reading up on the guy so I guess I fell into it as well :/ hope everyone has a great night

Quote: (06-18-2018 11:08 PM)BlastbeatCasanova Wrote:  

Rapper Xxxtentacion was shot in South Florida on Monday, USA TODAY has confirmed.

Reaction from the music community came pouring in following news of Xxxtentacion's death.Rapper Xxxtentacion was shot in South Florida on Monday, USA TODAY has confirmed.

Reaction from the music community came pouring in following news of Xxxtentacion's death.

I'm not a fan of his, IMO his music is pretty mediocre and his rise in popularity is indicative of the decline in quality of entertainment and of American culture. That said, his music must have made quite an impact with the younger generation as they apparently related a lot his lyrics with themes of depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, etc. The dude was basically a sociopathic criminal yet he was lauded as this artistic genius who brought great value to the music world. I realize I sound like "kids these days!" bitter old fella but I'm in my 20's and looking at what the kind of entertainment and bullshit that the media promotes and the public laps up makes me feel quite disconnected.

Unless you're under 25 I'd imagine most members here would be unaware of XXXTentacion's existence. I only made a post about him because his story is kind of interesting when viewed through a red-pill lens.

Onfroy's tumultuous but intensely close relationship with his mother, Cleopatra Bernard, was one of the defining aspects of his early life and tied to the pattern of fighting that characterized his adolescence. He didn't live with her while growing up; she was 17 or 18 when she had him and in a hard spot financially. "Raising a kid was, honestly, one of her last priorities," the singer says. He spent the first decade of his life cycling through the homes of friends, family, and babysitters.

Onfroy picked fights with other students to get his mother's attention. "I chased her," he says. "I used to beat kids at school just to get her to talk to me, yell at me."

Raised by a single mother: check
No mention of father figure or male influence whatsoever: check

Soon after starting school at Piper High in 2012, Onfroy graduated to more serious offenses, including armed robbery, burglary, possession of a firearm, resisting arrest, and possession of oxycodone

Huge rap sheet before graduating high school: check

"It was like, 'My bad, dude, I can't get you on this show,'" Calle recalls. "But he shows up anyway. He's like, 'I'm performing.'" Calle tried to stop him. Despite his size, Onfroy had a way of making things happen. "You have to understand," Calle says, "he's very sure. He's very absolute."

Despite his flaws, the guy seemed pretty fucking Alpha. Did whatever he wanted, and beat he fuck out of anyone that crossed him.

The guards opened the cell and pulled Onfroy off. "I told you I would kill him," the rapper reports saying. He contends the guards didn't charge him. Instead, they told him to clean up. His mother was visiting, and when she spotted blood under his fingernails, she asked what had happened. When he responded, "This n**** did some gay shit, so I had to crack his head open," she began crying.

The dude literally didn't give a fuck.

Back in Parkland, in the dim recording studio of his $1.4 million home, Onfroy explains why he's not a feminist. Feminists aren't looking for equality, he says. They want empowerment. "Women may see or feel that they're belittled," he says, "but you're only belittled if you want to be belittled." Take, for instance, Hillary Clinton, he says. "She ran [for president] and she wasn't killed for it. That says everything."

In this post-#MeToo moment, when abuse allegations "can go off hearsay," Onfroy argues, "women are almost more powerful than men."

In late May 2016, Onfroy was preparing to perform at an impromptu venue next to a thrift store in Oakland Park. As concertgoers crowded in, Onfroy spotted a girl from across the room. She had a model's frame, dark eyeliner, inch-long acrylic nails, and a head of short, loose curls. Onfroy beelined for her. "He locked eyes with me," the girl says. Then he grabbed her by the throat. "He made it seem sexy."[/quote[

P solid approach, bro.

[quote]Onfroy intimated that he liked Ayala and at one point pulled her onto his lap in a surprising but not off-putting way. "I liked him too," she says. "I thought, He's cute. He seems intelligent."

Seems like he had pretty tight game for a sixteen year old.

So when Onfroy moved to Orlando in late June 2016, Ayala went with him. The depositions detail a pattern of regular, torturous abuse that summer, with daily verbal attacks and physical incidents every three or four days. According to Ayala's statement, he beat her at times, choked her, broke clothes hangers on her legs, threatened to chop off her hair or cut out her tongue, pressed knives or scissors to her face, and held her head under water in their bathroom while promising to drown her.

The same people who retweet #MeToo posts probably bump this guy's music and helped make him famous.

While Onfroy was in custody, Lee and a few other friends helped Ayala escape. Shortly thereafter, she moved to Texas, safely far from Onfroy.

But by August, the two were talking again. In September, when Onfroy was released on $50,000 bond and placed under house arrest, they decided to move in together. They found a place in Sweetwater: an apartment complex near Florida International University where three friends were living.

You know the story...

This post wasn't a huge investment of my time, just thought it'd be interesting to throw it out there. I don't care about the music these rappers make but their fame and cult of personality based on notoriety really fascinates me. Does the populace look up to these people because they break rules and reap the benefits? Do they really not have that much going on with their lives that they pseudoworship a sociopathic scrub? Tbh I spent 30 minutes reading up on the guy so I guess I fell into it as well :/ hope everyone has a great night

I'm largely in agreement. This song had a nice beat IMO:

XXXTENTACION - Supra (ft. Kin Soul)

XXXTentacion is the rapper on the 2nd verse that starts roughly around the 1:45 mark

This kind of shit is amusing but ultimately cancerous for society. It's funny for me as a 26 year old man to look at this kind of stuff and laugh at the drugs humor, but then I remember that middle schoolers are listening to this guy. If you guys really want a laugh, look up Xan Frank -- this is a dude who tattooed a picture of Anne Frank smiling onto the side of his face. When asked why he did this, he said "you know, I read about Anne Frank dying in that attic, and that really resonated with me, you know, cause I die for my music". These trends are funny as fuck but yeah, not the greatest role models for kids.

If we ban cars & bikes.

There will be no more drive by shootings...

well if it's popular music it's most of the time pure shite ain't it? well in my book that is.

Looks like they'll be pimping his act on our national radio now... (europe)

Its terrible for various reasons.
-He put other peoples lives in danger. Fucking idiot.
-His family will have to now mourn his death.
-The thousands and thousands of dollars that will go toward investigate and prosecute if they find the guys.
-His fans will make him some kind of martyr.

All I've gotten so far from my brief read into him is that he was a bad dude. If this is the type of figure the youth these days look up to thats pretty sad.

I had never heard of him till today. Probably for the better. What goes around comes around in this world.

Wasn't there some white teenager musician with who killed himself recently too? Same calibre of person. These face-tattooed millenial musicians sell for their antics rather than for their music, which is just bad. They're imitating the Cobain/Tupac mould respectively, without the artistry.

Quote: (06-19-2018 03:00 AM)churros Wrote:  

Wasn't there some white teenager musician with who killed himself recently too? Same calibre of person. These face-tattooed millenial musicians sell for their antics than for their music, which plainly sucks. They're just imitating the Cobain/Tupac mould respectively, without the actual artistry.

Probably Lil Peep. I think he died of an overdose of some sort.

Yup, lil peep died of an overdose.

These rappers know how to market themselves. Ia 2-minute song doesn’t cut it. It’s the endless stream of snaps and insta posts that gets kids hooked.

The dude literally didn't give a fuck

Stupendous commentary, I look forward to the future verbages you plan to grace the forum with.

Thay aside, this dude is only famous for getting shot like a chump.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/McDonaIdsDM/status/1008827282302164998][/url]

Quote: (06-18-2018 11:22 PM)Bastard Sword Wrote:  

This kind of shit is amusing but ultimately cancerous for society. It's funny for me as a 26 year old man to look at this kind of stuff and laugh at the drugs humor, but then I remember that middle schoolers are listening to this guy. If you guys really want a laugh, look up Xan Frank -- this is a dude who tattooed a picture of Anne Frank smiling onto the side of his face. When asked why he did this, he said "you know, I read about Anne Frank dying in that attic, and that really resonated with me, you know, cause I die for my music". These trends are funny as fuck but yeah, not the greatest role models for kids.

That's exactly how I think about it. Same with Lil Xan, another scrub with face tats producing low quality derivative music.

Quote: (06-19-2018 03:00 AM)churros Wrote:  

Wasn't there some white teenager musician with who killed himself recently too? Same calibre of person. These face-tattooed millenial musicians sell for their antics rather than for their music, which is just bad. They're imitating the Cobain/Tupac mould respectively, without the artistry.

As mentioned, it was Lil Peep. Same situation, I never listened to his music but looked into his cult of personality when the internet blew up about his death. Same shit, videos of him popping Xans while he's fucked up posted literally hours before his death, his friend even posted a video of him comatose. The guy was probably already gone without his buddy realizing it.

Your last two sentences sum it up extremely well. As asdfk also said it seems like it's less about the music and more about social media presence/lifestyle of the "artist." The older I get the more I view social media as a cancerous development.

Quote: (06-19-2018 08:50 AM)cascadecombo Wrote:  

The dude literally didn't give a fuck

Stupendous commentary, I look forward to the future verbages you plan to grace the forum with.

Thay aside, this dude is only famous for getting shot like a chump.

On a more serious topic I might be more inclined to flex my syntactic muscles [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (06-19-2018 09:00 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

Humorous although appears to fake

Never liked his music..

Sounded like beef to me and not really a robbery.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

When keeping it real goes wrong.

Don't debate me.

Damn. Who is going to find a cure for cancer now?

Quote: (06-19-2018 09:00 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

More importantly, how do I get my free Big Mac and Drink?

[Image: ThinApprehensiveBillygoat.gif]

This is the same guy that came out with a music video in 2017 depicting himself lynching a white child.

[Image: TApdOxI.jpg]

All because of Trump, of course. The Trump curse claims another victim!

I hate to say it but I'm glad this dude got murdered.

Quote: (06-19-2018 11:45 AM)redonion Wrote:  

I hate to type some so edgy while simultaneously making sure my boss or other employees don't see me do it, but I'm glad this dude got murdered.

Fixed it.

Reading about this guy, it seems hilarious parents were worried about the influence of Axl Rose and Madonna on kids 30 years ago.

Quote: (06-19-2018 12:02 PM)Psygnosis89 Wrote:  

Reading about this guy, it seems hilarious parents were worried about the influence of Axl Rose and Madonna on kids 30 years ago.

Why?

Madonna WAS a huge influence on pre-THOT culture before there was a Sex and the City or Real Housewives of who-gives-a-fuck for teen girls to emulate.

She is the withered tit that Britney, Christina and all the other disney pop whores suckled on. Not to mention how Madonna helped make being Pro-gay and Anti-catholic trendy. Looking back 1980s parents were spot on for worrying about Madonna.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

X was for the kids, so to speak. His life and all the fucked up things he did are a clear marker of what not to do. I guess you could be happy he’s dead, but that seems a little shallow to me. His antics would have landed him in the ground eventually either way.

His influence was undeniable in the new scene of rap, like it or not. He was for the kids because he spoke to the heart about issues with depression and how frustrated a lot of young people are today. His music slaps, no one can tell me otherwise.

It’s not just not one thing, but social media I think has a part in all this. We’re supposed to act like everything’s ok: why wouldn’t it be? Look at how great my life is on Instagram! Look at how happy I am! But no, everything’s not ok. A lot of young people are really struggling with these two sides: one, the real world and the other some sort of construct of ourselves we’re building up.

I don’t know the statistics but it seems like almost 1/4 if people at university have depression, even more with mental health problems. I think a real water shed moment is coming up for this generation; regardless of the negative implications of the internet, it’s raising the collective conscious of every one and it’s up to us to make sure we make it out on the right side... we’ll see. Fuck this, man.

Quote: (06-19-2018 01:13 PM)Saccade Wrote:  

It’s not just not one thing, but social media I think has a part in all this. We’re supposed to act like everything’s ok: why wouldn’t it be? Look at how great my life is on Instagram! Look at how happy I am! But no, everything’s not ok. A lot of young people are really struggling with these two sides: one, the real world and the other some sort of construct of ourselves we’re building up.

Thousands of kids lived Kurt Cobain's, Tupac's lifestyle. He represented a real genre of person. Tentacion and Lil Peep live on instagram. There is no genre of kid that wears face tattoo. Because unless you're a total degenerate, you can't live like that.

Tentacion and Lil Peep go to extremes to produce authenticity, because they are completely inauthentic, and because their fans crave more intense lifestyle pornography. In their own lives they're just clicking around on instagram and watching their phones.

This explains why the music is shit, I have to insist. I will admit the depression angle with Tentacion is very rare in black music, and intriguing, but I suspect emo rap will go the way of nu-metal.