rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Canadian clarinet player sues ex for deleting his scholarship offer

Well, this is kinda fucked up, but I would imagine that the settlement amount takes the sting out of it.

Summary: A young Canadian clarinettist has been awarded C$350,000 (£200,000) in damages after his girlfriend sabotaged his music career by impersonating him.

Quote:Quote:

In 2014, Eric Abramovitz's then-girlfriend sent emails in his name to turn down a valuable scholarship.

She did so apparently to keep him from leaving her. Mr Abramovitz later realised the deception and sued her.

A judge ruled that Jennifer Lee's actions were a "despicable interference in Mr Abramovitz's career".

The full scholarship offer, from Colburn Conservatory of Music in Los Angeles, was worth about $50,000 (£38,000) a year.

Mr Abramovitz - who had studied the clarinet since he was seven years old and won many prestigious awards - had been desperate to win a place on the course as it was led by one of the world's greatest clarinet masters, Yehuda Gilad.

After flying to Los Angeles for a live audition in front of Mr Gilad in 2014, Mr Abramovitz, then 20, was sent an email to tell him he had been successful - but he never received it.

It was intercepted by Ms Lee, who was living with him in Montreal, where they were both music students.
How did she do it?

Ms Lee had access to his laptop and he had left his email account unlocked because he trusted her.

She found the email and replied in Mr Abramovitz's name, saying simply that he could not accept as he "would be elsewhere". She deleted the evidence.

She then created an email account in Mr Gilad's name, [email protected], to falsely tell Mr Abramovitz he had not been successful.

She invented an alternative offer - for the University of Southern California, where Mr Gilad also taught - but with a fraction of the funding that he had hoped for.

Mr Abramovitz said Ms Lee knew he would have to refuse the offer as it would have been too costly.

"I was numb when I read the email. I had to read it a few more times," Mr Abramovitz, now 24, told BuzzFeed News. "When I found out I didn't get it, it was really hard to deal with. I went through some really dark, sad, angry days."

He stayed in Montreal to finish his music degree, but the relationship soon fell apart.

How he found out

He only started to become suspicious when he met Mr Gilad, some years later, at another audition at the University of Southern California, according to the Montreal Gazette.

Mr Gilad asked why he was coming back to him if he had already rejected his offer of one-on-one tuition.

The young clarinettist did not know what to make of it at first, but when one of Mr Gilad's students asked him why he once turned down a full scholarship, he decided to trawl back through his old emails.

Mr Abramovitz found the one he sent, replying to the rejection. He sent it to Mr Gilad, who told him he did not recognise the words or the email address; it was not from him.

Eventually, Mr Abramovitz started to wonder if his ex-girlfriend was behind the emails. He said he knew she must have been when he found he could access the fake Gmail account by using one of her favourite passwords.

'An unthinkable, immoral act'

His damages case - filed in Ms Lee's home province of Ontario - cited loss of reputation, loss of educational opportunity and a delay in entering his chosen profession.

Quoted in court documents, Mr Gilad said: "To sum up, I am very frustrated that a highly talented musician like Eric was the victim of such an unthinkable, immoral act that delayed his progress and advancement as an up-and-coming young musician and delayed his embarking on a most promising career."

The Ontario judge awarded the $300,000 Mr Abramovitz requested, plus an additional $50,000 to express the "court's revulsion at what Ms Lee has done" and for the "personal loss suffered by Mr Abramovitz by having a closely held personal dream snatched from him by a person he trusted".

Ms Lee did not attend court or offer any defence, and she has not responded to media requests for comment.

Mr Abramovitz has recently accepted an offer to join the Toronto Symphony Orchestra.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44493585

[Image: abramovitz-lee-1.png]

WLHPMSF (Would Let Her Play My Skin Flute), then would lock PC.

"....but I would imagine that the settlement amount takes the sting out of it."

It won't. What are the odds someone who was a crazy desperate music major has $350k?

Yep, he won't get much. She will most likely declare bankruptcy and it's unlikely that she has any valuable assets.

This is at my university and everyone I know is talking about this. Crazy thot.

WNB

delete

Quote: (06-15-2018 01:54 PM)C-Note Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2018 01:44 PM)Labienus Wrote:  

Yep, he won't get much. She will most likely declare bankruptcy and it's unlikely that she has any valuable assets.

This is at my university and everyone I know is talking about this. Crazy thot.

I don't think bankruptcy shields you from civil court verdicts.

No but all they can do is seize her assets if she can't pay. She probably has very few valuable assets. At most he will get a few thousands.

At least she will have a bankruptcy on her record and everyone will know that she is a crazy thot.

I don't feel bad for this guy at all. Even at my most blue pill I didn't "trust" girls with any of my accounts. Did he give her his pin number and let her hold his debit card as well?

She may have done him a favor. If he had taken the scholarship she would have dragged his ass down, gotten him kicked out, and he wouldn't be playing in a symphony at all. She fed him a much softer red pill then she could have (left him some busker in Portland.)

Quote: (06-15-2018 01:56 PM)Labienus Wrote:  

No but all they can do is seize her assets if she can't pay. She probably has very few valuable assets. At most he will get a few thousands.

At least she will have a bankruptcy on her record and everyone will know that she is a crazy thot.

Bankruptcies eventually get discharged and protection from creditors ends. Can't he go after her income/assets after the bankruptcy period expires?

I hope so.

Quote: (06-15-2018 02:15 PM)JayR Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2018 01:56 PM)Labienus Wrote:  

Bankruptcies eventually get discharged and protection from creditors ends. Can't he go after her income/assets after the bankruptcy period expires?

I hope so.

He can garnish her wages but I don't think a music major will make much. Bankruptcy will protect her but whether it's permanent will depend on the court.

Bankruptcy protection

I am more versed in the process in the US, but I expect the process in Canada is like the US process.

I think people are confusing the automatic stay while the bankruptcy is ongoing verses the eventually distribution of assets, if any to distribute.

In general, the process is that when the bankruptcy is filed, there is a automatic stay in place. No creditor can take any action without the permission of the court while the bankruptcy is going on. All of the debtors assets and liabilities are put into the bankruptcy estate at the moment of filing. A trustee is assign to oversee the case. The debtor can exempt some assets from being distributed to creditors. Any assets not exempted are collected by the trustee and distributed in order of priority for the claims against the estate. At the end of the case, the debtor is left with whatever was exempted, the creditors are paid their shares of the assets in order of priority. At the end of a case usually any liability not paid is discharged and can't be collected.

Now, there are exceptions to getting a discharge. Student loans usually are not dischargable in bankruptcy. Another non dischargable item is usually anything incurred with fraud or a judgement involving fraud. In this situation the judgement against the woman probably can not be discharged in bankruptcy. In the US her wages can be garnished but that is limited to 25% of disposal income.

So, in conclusion, I expect that he will be able to collect something from her every month, but it will take years for him to get the full amount that he lost and it is possible that he will only get a small part of that over the years.

The best hope for him to ever recover the full amount is that something happens like she gets a large inheritance.

Gilad is an extremely thorough and talented clinician. Good to see some justice served at least, but as said above...he left himself open.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

(((Mr. Abramowitz))) the clarinet player.

Aloha!

Quote: (06-15-2018 02:42 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

(((Yehuda Gilad)))

They're everywhere!

Bet they won't play Wagner though.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Why would she have access to his passwords? That's the question you need to ask this guy.

Even if I found the most trustworthy girl, she's not getting into my private accounts. This is just silly and could have been prevented with proper security on his part. Too trusting.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Lol sabotaged his music career? She did him a favour, no way can you make that much money being a clarinet player these days. He hit the jackpot.

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

Quote: (06-15-2018 03:48 PM)RedPillUK Wrote:  

Lol sabotaged his music career? She did him a favour, no way can you make that much money being a clarinet player these days. He hit the jackpot.

An orchestral musician is not in it for the money.

Being a Clarinet player, if that's what he wants to pursue, then fine whatever.

But if some bitch (or anyone really) screwed me out of some potentially life-changing (for the better) thing, be it scholarship, job promotion, etc. I would make it my life's mission to destroy them and everything they cared about. At least until their own life was sufficiently messed up. Eye for an eye +1.

I wonder if she can be charged for some sort of identity theft or impersonation.

Quote: (06-15-2018 06:32 PM)monster Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2018 03:48 PM)RedPillUK Wrote:  

An orchestral musician is not in it for the money.

I saw a different article about this posted on Instapundit, which talked about the two years he missed out on a substantial income if he had gone to study with him right away. Apparently the difference in income and the difference in school expense is the basis for the $300,000 award.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote: (06-15-2018 06:41 PM)Penta Sahi Wrote:  

Being a Clarinet player, if that's what he wants to pursue, then fine whatever.

But if some bitch (or anyone really) screwed me out of some potentially life-changing (for the better) thing, be it scholarship, job promotion, etc. I would make it my life's mission to destroy them and everything they cared about. At least until their own life was sufficiently messed up. Eye for an eye +1.

I wonder if she can be charged for some sort of identity theft or impersonation.

Or sue her and then post all over the internet about it and let it go viral, so anyone who googles her name sees the story... just an idea.

White man Asian woman... Yea no shit you were gonna lose him honey, he was going to LA as a prestigious music student surrounded by girls way hotter than your flat chested ass.
In this situation, most thots break up with the guy to spare themselves the impending humiliation. This one was far more sinister.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

His current girlfriend:

[Image: 4D43B09500000578-5848205-Abramovitz_is_n...431299.jpg]

Quote: (06-15-2018 03:04 PM)YoungBlade Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2018 02:42 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

(((Yehuda Gilad)))

They're everywhere!

Bet they won't play Wagner though.

You might be surprised.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Quote: (06-16-2018 02:53 AM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

His current girlfriend:

Upgrade!

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

He looks happier

Quote: (06-16-2018 02:53 AM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

His current girlfriend:

[Image: giphy.gif]