rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gender ratios in cities and common misconceptions, featuring NYC, LA

I checked gender ratios across different cities and I noticed a trend of old women in "unbangable ages" are the ones skewing the statistics. New York City is often cited as a city with great gender ratios with an excess of women making it easier for men.

I checked the stats on multiple cities and for some reason the younger population usually has a higher percentage of males I don't know why this is. The older population is skewed toward women but that is because woman live longer. In NYC men in the 18-19 age range there are 1.2% more men then women, at age 20 there is 2.3% more men then women.

21 years is old when there starts to be more women then men by 1.8%, At age 18-22 this trend has a big increase of 7.7% more women then men. This trend then increase by age 21+ women always outnumber men in NYC. This is still a very good gender ratio and one of not if the best for a major city in North America. But to understand why the ratio is as high as it is you have to look at the whole age range. In ages 65-66 there are 31.7% more women then men, at age 80-84 this increases to 72.5% and at 85+ it becomes 125.8%. These women in obvious unbangable territory are the ones giving NYC such crazy gender ratios. So for the guys that say they are only interested in the 18-25 age range, ages 18-21 have more men then women and then from there it's more women then men.

In Los Angeles at age 18-19 there is an equal amount of men and women, at age 20 there is 4.8% more women then men. At age 21 there is 0.3% more women then men. Then from ages 22-49 there ranges from 2.2%-7% more men then women, I guess that's why the call it Los Mangeles. From age 50+ it ranges from 2.2-78.3% more women then men.

For those of you that have been to these cities how do you feel gender ratios impact thing, do you feel it in everyday life or in gaming? And what other cities do you feel have notable gender ratios? Do you feel like gender ratios is a decent criteria to use in deciding a city to live in/visit?

Sources: https://statisticalatlas.com/place/Calif...ge-and-Sex
https://statisticalatlas.com/place/New-Y...ge-and-Sex

@Pargan,

What city are you based out of?
How are gender ratios there?

There are already a ton of threads on gender ratios with maps and data. Use the search function.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Are illegals accounted in those stats?
Are the obese and overweight monsters accounted in those stats?
Some cities like Los Angeles have a huge number of celebs and sports stars living there. Those men create quasi-mini harems or occupy the pussies of countless women. New York has money and much less celebrities per capita.

There are other metrics that we can add like the men who are commuting from the LA area and vicinity, but are not counted among the general stats.

Zel pretty much answered and I was about to write something similar but I will add that:
WHO CARES ABOUT THESE STATS?

At any point in time there will be 1 or maximum 2 women (I know I know but I am taking it as an example to make my point) in your bed at a point in time...so why look at all those percentages that include all sorts of women.

Are you out in LA/NYC/etc? In a bar? At the beach/pool? In a club? Or maybe doing online (this I don't do so can't help you there)? Then just run game to get that girl you liked. Period!

Generalizing these stats and taking them in consideration sounds like looking for excuses to me.

I work in technology but I wanna mention that game is not really math and numbers and science, go out there and just do it!
Cheers!

I’ve lived in both cities. The gender ratios are, in fact, significantly worse in LA. “Los Mangeles” is an appropriate nickname. It also shocked me at how entitled, money-hungry the women there were, to a far greater extent than NYC, even though NYC is actually the more expensive city.

Los Angeles just has a really shady, sleazy, “leachy” vibe. Toxic place. This thread (and the opening video) does it justice:

thread-20733.html

Ratios are bad in almost all major US cities in the 18-35 demographic (the only one that counts). We are talking about cities with populations of 500k+
To add to that an overabundance of generally bad looking overweight women (as compared to other countries) and bitchy African American women and one almost does not feel like gaming.
What this means to most of us is that game has to be extra sharp to get anything of value above a 6.5. That is why for serious game I recommend leaving USA and heading either to EE, SA or Asia [Image: smile.gif]