rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being made fun of because of height

Hi guys. I am a 5'4 guy, and as you can see I get mocked because of my height. It's never women who mock my height, it's always other guys. It doesn't really upset me, but it kinda hurts my pride. There is really only 2 guys who make fun of my height - both being 6ft2. Next year in a literal 365 days I will being going to uni. So I am not too bothered about what those guys really say. I did notice though, the 2 guys try their best to mock me whenever I talk to girls, I usually literally ignore them and the girls usually do so too - most of the girls see them as major dicks (ngl them making fun of me does seem to help, since most girls get comfortable quicker around me). Just wanted to hear from you other short bros about your experiences!

NOT AN INCEL THREAD!!

It's your job not to give a fuck, it's your job to ignore that shit.

People are going to give you shit, just ignore it and avoid people who are a drain on your life.

Fuck those two guys - there isn't much you can do for your height besides getting some lifts for your shoes (at most).

Girls get comfortable around you quick because they see you as a victim as a friend zone because "poor you, little short guy is getting bullied by other guys" - you don't want to the vicitim and self deprecation route.

Look up a guy on here named Hank Moody - he's 5'4" and has pretty good success.

height, in my opinion, is relative. I'm 5'10 and people make fun of my height. i know 6'0-6'3 point guards in college who were called midgets.

Like kaotic said, just ignore it.

Hey dude, I’m a short guy too (a bit taller than you, however, I live in a country where people on average are tall)

When I was 15-17 years old (today I’m in my early twenties) my biggest wish was to grow taller. My height was a big insecurity of mine (especially regarding getting laid) and for some reason, people often talk about height, which annoyed the crap out of me.

I would watch and read all kinds of content on how to grow taller.
I did the stretches (even the ones where you hang in pull up bars - lol). I got my 8 hours of sleep (almost) every day. I ate healthily - at times I even drank broccoli- and beans-filled green smoothies before going to bed since those were supposed to help (according to the self-proclaimed height gurus).
Absolutely nothing made me grow, not even a bit. So DO NOT bother with those gurus, if you’ve considered it (luckily I never bought any of their products, e.g. pills). (and I’m not saying it’s stupid to eat healthily, sleep 8 hours and stretch - it’s great)

Obviously, it would be nice to be a few inches taller, however, you’re not. Fucking ACCEPT IT. (I have - or at least I think I have). Do your best with what you are given.

Quote: (05-15-2018 12:33 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

People are going to give you shit, just ignore it and avoid people who are a drain on your life.

I completely agree with Kaotic on this part, however, I would not get shoe lifts. They are just another for bullies to mock you (if they find out). Even though ignoring them would be the best thing to do, it is easier said than done. I would not give them that opportunity.
And what about when you get home with a girl and take your shoes off? It could probably mess with your mental game. When the girl sees it, she may think that you are insecure about your height, which isn’t positive.
Instead get some normal shoes that are just tall (like Nike epic react flyknit or something) - getting that extra height will increase your confidence, which is what you need.

Here are some things you can do to increase your confidence:

- As Kaotic kinda mentioned, look for other short dudes who are having success (personally, rsdmax infields and talks about height have boosted my confidence - it just gives hope… (he’s about 5 foot 7 himself)

- The basics are even more important when short:
  • Dress well - there are webshops who specialize on clothes for short dudes, petermanningnyc.com is one of them (I haven’t tried it, but it has good reviews)
  • build muscle/workout
  • Have a good posture - don’t make yourself shorter by not standing up straight.
What else (IMO) are good things to do (these are things that I do at times):

Joke about your height - it’ll indicate that you don’t give a fuck about it, which is attractive to girls. It'll also make it harder for guys to bully you when you can just laugh it off with some joke.

Turn that shit around: e.g. when you’re with a girl who you find attractive, you could say something like this (with a smirk of course), “don’t be insecure about the fact that you are as tall as I am… it does not bother me, you are still kinda cute.” (that line could obviously be better - I’m not a pro)

And yeah did I mention, stop focusing on the negatives dude, you CANNOT change it.

Cheers! :-)

Are you a minor? Beat them with a blunt object and say "bow down bitch!" Always stand up to bullies.

Just kidding, obey the law always.

Don't worry about it. There's more to life than being tall. Yeah, guys who are 6'2 probably have an advantage with girls, but that's not you and that's not me. Game was made to compensate for that, so speaking of game:

Guys making fun of you are just like shit tests from women and you can respond in the same way. Agree and amplify is simple and it might even be the best way. After all, you are short. Nobody who sees you can deny that and some idiot pointing it out doesn't actually change anything. Agree and amplify and laugh at yourself a bit. People expect short people to resent their height and you can be the outlier that takes it with good humor. After all, there is nothing you can do to stop being short.

Since you can't do anything about it, the only thing that will happen if you resent it, is that you will now be short and resentful...

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Fuck those two guys - there isn't much you can do for your height besides getting some lifts for your shoes (at most).

Girls get comfortable around you quick because they see you as a victim as a friend zone because "poor you, little short guy is getting bullied by other guys" - you don't want to the vicitim and self deprecation route.

Don't even ignore it, use it as an opportunity to turn things around on them. When actress Katharine Hepburn met Spencer Tracy, she said "I fear I may be too tall for you, Mr. Tracy”. Spencer Tracy responded "Don't worry, I'll cut you down to size.". Predictably, he ended up banging the shit out of her.

Quote: (05-15-2018 02:55 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

Don't even ignore it, use it as an opportunity to turn things around on them. When actress Katharine Hepburn met Spencer Tracy, she said "I fear I may be too tall for you, Mr. Tracy”. Spencer Tracy responded "Don't worry, I'll cut you down to size.". Predictably, he ended up banging the shit out of her.

Should of been more clear:

Ignore the dudes comments, not the females comments****

A good advice right here

There are some things in life you can change and within your control. And some you can't. All the people who mocks you wouldn't be "mocking" you in your nice suit and Ferrari. Work on your stronger points, and ignore the things you cannot change.

Quote: (05-15-2018 12:11 PM)N00B Wrote:  

Hi guys. I am a 5'4 guy, and as you can see I get mocked because of my height. It's never women who mock my height, it's always other guys. It doesn't really upset me, but it kinda hurts my pride. There is really only 2 guys who make fun of my height - both being 6ft2. Next year in a literal 365 days I will being going to uni. So I am not too bothered about what those guys really say. I did notice though, the 2 guys try their best to mock me whenever I talk to girls, I usually literally ignore them and the girls usually do so too - most of the girls see them as major dicks (ngl them making fun of me does seem to help, since most girls get comfortable quicker around me). Just wanted to hear from you other short bros about your experiences!

NOT AN INCEL THREAD!!

It`s a good chance that your epiphyseal growth plates have not closed yet if you`re around 20, or yearly twenties. If you want to give yourself a change of gaining a few cm do the following;

-Eat a nutrient dense Paleo diet.
Meat, fish, unlimited low starch vegetables, traditional fats, low sugar fruits, berries, nuts, (not legumes) herbs and spices.

-Focus on a high protein intake. Protein increases mTor, a regulator of anabolic growth in cells. http://www.pnas.org/content/114/45/11818

-For a couple of years (but not permanently) consume decent amounts of high fat dairy, (full fat milk, cream) hard cheeses, and good quality whey protein. (Assuming you`re not lactose intolerant, and hopefully working out.) In addition to protein which elevates mTor, bovine insulin in dairy also is a potent growth promoter, via IGF-1 and Tor again.
Unfortunately there is an antagonism between growth (which involves increased cell proliferation) and ageing, but a few years of a growth promoting diet is not a problem when you`re young.

-Eliminate, at least for a year or two all; grains, sugars, seed oils and alcohol. Particularly grains as they contain anti-nutrients called phytates that bind to minerals in your intestinal tract, and thereby interfere with nutrient absorption, including nutrients vital for bone growth like calcium and phosphorus. Also I would skip caffeine with it`s endocrine disrupting effects.

Not saying your height is a problem, but it`s definitely worth a shoot. This is a very healthy and muscle promoting diet anyway so you have nothing to lose. You would have to start immediately though!

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

Most bullying happens due to personality and less physical appearance.

Are you involved in any sports.? your height is optimal for wrestling.

You're a bit short for boxing unless you have a decent reach, but getting into other combat sports will do wonders for your confidence.

A lot of really great fighters are short.

Also most military pilots are short, You can start taking flight courses pretty young. Basic ratings are not expensive to get.

I'm assuming you're in High School.

My first mentor in the game was a short, fat, ex-con biker dude.

Wanna guess how often he got made fun of? Nola's comment is on point.

Ask Hank Moody

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Mate they are always going to find something to have a shot at you over. (bad teeth, less hair, color blind, ugly, dumb etc etc)

I am a tall guy, and still have weaknesses that blokes target. Its what we blokes do, we banter and take shots at each other.

Think of it as harmless way to make sure you don't get to out of touch with your humility.

So tread the middle ground, don't get butt hurt, but remember to be in touch with reality.

Quote: (05-15-2018 05:42 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Mate they are always going to find something to have a shot at you over. (bad teeth, less hair, color blind, ugly, dumb etc etc)

I am a tall guy, and still have weaknesses that blokes target. Its what we blokes do, we banter and take shots at each other.

Think of it as harmless way to make sure you don't get to out of touch with your humility.

So tread the middle ground, don't get butt hurt, but remember to be in touch with reality.

I think it`s more a question of establishing a pecking order.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

Quote: (05-15-2018 05:42 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

I got to disagree here a bit. 1) There's a difference between banter with close buddies then some dudes taking shots. 2) Doing this publicly is NOT cool. 3) Doing this in front of women is REALLY NOT cool. Especially since this is something out of your control. Whoever mentioned the pecking order is right.

I got buddies I banter with and we'll go in to each other hard but if we're around other people we don't denigrate each other. This is some weird Western phenomenon with male "friendships" where there's expectations about taking shit from people, in lieu of actual friendships. Oddly enough in these circumstances, the guy giving the most shit writes it off as friendly banter, but when the shoe's on the other foot, he can't handle it as well. This is the guy in the group that is only friends as long as he gets to be "alpha dog" and the shit more often than not rolls one-way. This guy is not a friend, he's using his buddies as a stepping stool to elevate his perceived status, but is friendly enough so as to be able to save face if he gets called out on it. It's a toxic dyanmic where guys put up with it so as to not be excommunicated from the "cool group" or simply due to a fear of confrontation.

You want to really demonstrate you don't give a fuck? Call his ass out on it. Tell him to quit being a faggot. Brushing it off so as to seem like it doesn't bother you when it does so as to "play it cool" isn't an IDGAF attitude, it's being scared, it's going along to get along, no different than the "happy wife, happy life" crowd. Being a man isn't about trying to be Mr. Smooth Operator full of one-liners and brushing shit off, it's about knowing what your boundaries are and holding them steady. It's a slippery slope when people start taking shit and brushing things off, as this slowly becomes their modus operandi and they slowly start accepting more and more shit until they become shells of men later in life, taking shit from bosses, coworkers, wives, even their children. The best women don't want men who stay quiet to keep the peace. They want hard men with hard lines in the sand.

P.S. Nola's advice is spot-on. The issue isn't whether you're tall or not, the issue is that these guys shouldn't feel comfortable bringing it up.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

You'll figure it out with time man. I am going to assume you're a teenager since you're about to start college.

When you're young, all you do is compare yourself to others, especially nowadays where everything in your life revolves around likes, followers, and popularity.

As you get older, you stop comparing yourself to others. Mostly because life happens. You're just trying to stay alive and survive and spend as much time with your friends and family before they pass away. When you are a teenager, you don't have the same type of friendships that you have in your late 20's and 30's. When you are young most of you friends are acquaintances who either live close to you, go to school with you, or work with you. But as you get older, it takes a lot of effort and responsibility on your part to maintain friendships. Men understand this. And if someone considers you their friend, the last thing they want to do is insult you. Mostly they want help you and be there for you.

So, don't worry about it. It'll stop as you get older.

Looking forward to HankMoody weighing in.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Good advice from Nek and Linux.

Also, if it really does bother you, keep in mind you're only short if the guys around you are taller.

So at 5'4", you can get a bump to close to average height if you move to certain countries in Asia. It could be like being 5'9" or so in America.

That's about the only way I know of to get taller once you're an adult.

I hear HankMoody is a short fellow.

Aloha!

Your problem isn't your height it's that you let these guys get to you. Think of a comeback before it happens again, you know exactly what they are going to say because guys like that are not original.

Buy some Sonos speakers.

Quote:Quote:

It doesn't really upset me, but it kinda hurts my pride.

They know it hurts your pride, that is why they mock you.

In University I remember two guys who where around 5' or even less. One was a hell of a futsal (indoor soccer) player, quick and bulky at the same time. The other was a funny as hell and true charismatic character, also he supplied drugs.

You think anyone mocked them about height or anything for the matter?

Quote: (05-15-2018 04:15 PM)nola Wrote:  

Most bullying happens due to personality and less physical appearance.

Are you involved in any sports.? your height is optimal for wrestling.

Bingo.

Get into wrestling and guys won't be making much fun of you anymore, unless you come off as a try-hard (thankfully the Tapout era is over).

Quote: (05-15-2018 06:56 PM)nek Wrote:  

I got to disagree here a bit. 1) There's a difference between banter with close buddies then some dudes taking shots. 2) Doing this publicly is NOT cool. 3) Doing this in front of women is REALLY NOT cool. Especially since this is something out of your control. Whoever mentioned the pecking order is right.

I got buddies I banter with and we'll go in to each other hard but if we're around other people we don't denigrate each other. This is some weird Western phenomenon with male "friendships" where there's expectations about taking shit from people, in lieu of actual friendships. Oddly enough in these circumstances, the guy giving the most shit writes it off as friendly banter, but when the shoe's on the other foot, he can't handle it as well. This is the guy in the group that is only friends as long as he gets to be "alpha dog" and the shit more often than not rolls one-way. This guy is not a friend, he's using his buddies as a stepping stool to elevate his perceived status, but is friendly enough so as to be able to save face if he gets called out on it. It's a toxic dyanmic where guys put up with it so as to not be excommunicated from the "cool group" or simply due to a fear of confrontation.

Great post.

I had a "friend" I was pretty close with who always busted my balls. I'm not the type to get offended easily but sometimes he would take shit too far. One time in a group of other dudes he referred to me as a "big nose motherfucker". I never talked to him again after that. Now looking back, I probably should've called him out on it, but hindsight is 20/20 and all that.