rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Cobra Kai" YouTube Red series

I'm not sure what to make of this new series. It makes Daniel LaRusso look like a total douche which is kind of funny actually. Johnny looks like the protagonist and seems to want to spread some Red Pill knowledge to young boys and teach them to be masculine.

"I'm going to teach you the style of Karate that was taught to me. A method of fighting that your pansy generation desperately needs."

But then at then end some HUGE Polynesian looking chick beats the crap out one of the boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLPvW8aBuA0&t=29s

When I first saw the title I thought that Cobra and TravelerKai had produced a YouTube series together [Image: lol.gif]

Daniel is the true bully!

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple

I'll give it a shot for nostalgia purposes. I took karate as a kid and was always a fan of the original.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I’m actually really curious about this show. The only thing I saw from the short trailers that concerned me was the Polynesian chick beating up on one of the Cobra Kai students which was already mentioned above. It’s probably too much to expect a modern series not to have ANY SJW/“Girl Power” BS, but hopefully they keep that garbage to a minimum.

Final thought: What a horrible idea for YouTube to call their subscription service “YouTube Red.” Sounds too close to “RedTube” to me — a place you can catch a completely different kind of cobra rising over there.

A big difference in the students of Cobra Kai in 34 years. It looks like Sensei Kreese only trained jocks. Haha.

[Image: attachment.jpg38793]   

[Image: attachment.jpg38794]   

I'll admit I'm curious about this being a fan of the Karate Kid series, Johnny decides to redeem himself and Daniel doesn't like it.

Quote: (04-02-2018 09:04 PM)Kurgan Wrote:  

I'll admit I'm curious about this being a fan of the Karate Kid series, Johnny decides to redeem himself and Daniel doesn't like it.

Yeah, Daniel comes off as jackass in the trailer I posted. Sure, Johnny was a bully to him but that was over 30 years ago. Plus, Johnny gave Daniel respect after Daniel won by handing to Daniel the first place trophy.

Quote: (04-02-2018 02:29 AM)Long Haired Samson Wrote:  

I'm not sure what to make of this new series. It makes Daniel LaRusso look like a total douche which is kind of funny actually. Johnny looks like the protagonist and seems to want to spread some Red Pill knowledge to young boys and teach them to be masculine.

"I'm going to teach you the style of Karate that was taught to me. A method of fighting that your pansy generation desperately needs."

But then at then end some HUGE Polynesian looking chick beats the crap out one of the boys.

Yeah, but that Polynesian girl outweighed the boy by 50 pounds. At this point in their lives, the strength differences between sexes are just starting and that 50 pounds are a HUGE difference maker at this age. Plus, he kicked the shit out of her at first, felt bad, then let his inner white knight betray him. I think the trailer looked awesome.

I'm a huge fan of 80s movies. That must have been a glorious time to grow up.

^^^^

Aside from the constant implicit threat of nuclear armageddon: it was.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (04-03-2018 12:30 AM)la bodhisattva Wrote:  

Yeah, but that Polynesian girl outweighed the boy by 50 pounds. At this point in their lives, the strength differences between sexes are just starting and that 50 pounds are a HUGE difference maker at this age. Plus, he kicked the shit out of her at first, felt bad, then let his inner white knight betray him. I think the trailer looked awesome.

A good and fair point. Did you see they are also bringing back the skeleton Halloween costumes?!

[Image: attachment.jpg38797]   

Quote: (04-03-2018 12:30 AM)la bodhisattva Wrote:  

Yeah, but that Polynesian girl outweighed the boy by 50 pounds. At this point in their lives, the strength differences between sexes are just starting and that 50 pounds are a HUGE difference maker at this age.

Did we watch the same trailer? The kid could be blown over by a gust of wind, has never sparred with anyone before, and he put her down with ONE KICK. As she gets up, while he's bent over probably offering her a hand up, she sucker-tackles him down at the knees, and then drops a knee on him with all that fucking fatty fat lard behind it. Fucking Conor McGregor gets the wind knocked out of him if you throw 200 pounds of lard at his solar plexus, this is meant to prove she's some sort of MMA superstar in the making?

It's a wait and see on this one. I'm smelling they're going for original fans getting pissed at the characterisation of Danny LaRusso being an asshole despite having to literally fight for his life in Japan and winning the competition twice. The idea of Johnny Lawrence being on the road to redemption is interesting, but I get the feeling they're going to lay it on way too thick with Johnny's karate class basically being the usual UN of losers we've come to expect from sparkly diversity shit like this.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (04-03-2018 12:47 AM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

^^^^

Aside from the constant implicit threat of nuclear armageddon: it was.

The youngins always forget that OUR "zombiepocalypse" was a legit threat at all times.

I watched the series. It's pretty good. The dude playing Johnny Lawrence is actually a decent actor, I was surprised. He's the best character on the show by far.

Serious WB for some of the chicks.

[Image: WjgoYwe.jpg?1]

Quote: (04-03-2018 11:06 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Did we watch the same trailer? The kid could be blown over by a gust of wind, has never sparred with anyone before, and he put her down with ONE KICK. As she gets up, while he's bent over probably offering her a hand up, she sucker-tackles him down at the knees, and then drops a knee on him with all that fucking fatty fat lard behind it. Fucking Conor McGregor gets the wind knocked out of him if you throw 200 pounds of lard at his solar plexus, this is meant to prove she's some sort of MMA superstar in the making?

This is basically what happens except he'd been trained for about a month at this point...and Johnny does full contact sparring. She's not presented as someone who can beat up men - they only show her fight once and she gets beat pretty easily.

They make fun of the SJWs throughout the series...the former champ gives a speech at the end that's hilarious. But they also present Johnny as completely outdated.

I watched all 10 episodes. Great series! Can't wait for season 2. Johnny Lawrence is a cool character.

Would bang Daniels Wife.

Just watched the first episode. It's pretty good, although a little silly, but alot of fun. They did a good job with the flashbacks to the original movie. I recommend it.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Damn fine show, better than a series from youtube has any right to be.

Very solid redpill concepts throughout, as mentioned SJW's are given "No Mercy" in the show. The writers do a good job at presenting Johnny Lawrence as a masculine, no bullshit, but flawed leader, and it's fun to see his journey to redemption.
A few characters are cardboard cutout tropes, like Miguel's nerdy friend (the one who decides not to take classes) Daniel's son, and the Asian bully and crew (sort of pussified modern day Cobra Kais). However, you care about the main characters enough that it doesn't matter, and the show as a whole is incredibly fun to watch, both for the nostalgia and for the conflict created from Daniel and Johnny's past rivalry.

Towards the end of season 1, it begins to look like there will be no actual bad guy. I found myself thinking "the way this is going they need to introduce an actual villain." My suspicions were proven correct with a pleasant surprise end to the season, others who've watched all the way through know what I'm talking about [Image: wink.gif]

Edit: I'm also shocked that a company as SJW'y as YouTube allowed a show so redpill to be greenlit. They censor gun videos, but allow a show where the main character refers to the current generation as "your pussy generation" and constantly sticks it to SJW horseshit?
Keep up the good work YouTube!

Updated propaganda for the year 2018. Hardly bearable to the initiated - I guess appearing to be "Red Pill" to the uninitiated.

Amazon has been producing high quality content for quite some time. They just publish it on Youtube Red.

I might do a rundown of the agenda points - all despite the prevalent good characters. Even the original Karate Kid was some specific propaganda point, but it was more bearable.

I'm finding it interesting so far. There's a purposeful blurring of the defining of just which side is the protagonist. Amazing, the raw span of time since the original clash, so it makes for a truly unique platform. Now, surely, someone must've considered bringing back Sensei Kreese, Mr. Silver, and Chozen. Really, that's gotta happen.

Quote: (04-03-2018 12:35 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

I'm a huge fan of 80s movies. That must have been a glorious time to grow up.

It was, Captain, it was...

I am in love with this show. It’s very self-aware with it’s sometimes corny writing and nostalgia, but also has some VERY heavy-hitting writing and complex characters. Nobody is “good” or “bad” in this series.

Definitely watch. It skewers both hyper-masculinity and liberal PC culture in equal doses, which I found pretty entertaining.

Watched this on a whim today and gotta admit - it was really good. Like someone else mentioned, I'm surprised such a SJW company produced a show like this...

Took a look. Compared to current-year SJW garbage it has some good points. But the propaganda goes deep.

Essentially you have the anti-immigration Alpha asshole become a semi-SJW over multiple seasons. You have to remember that they are drawing this out over multiple generations.

The bad:

+ The fat black girl is supposedly a high-IQ nerd
+ The girl also competes in the male competition??!
+ I don't mind that he is now training the Ecuadorian kid - but the open-borders propaganda is noted
+ always the bully is the whitest blondest girl
+ they created a Burger King kids club bully gang headed by an Asian kid - this is not by coincidence
+ the Asians are going to get their Asian privilege right after Whites
+ White guy is so stupid and in the 1980s that he does not even know what the internet is and what Facebook is. How the fuck did he sleep in the 90s and 00s?
+ LaRusso and his family in this case are the villains. Imagine this - the villain Russo beats the bully in the tournament and the bully at the end even admits that Daniel was alright and that he did not fight fair. LaRusso then becomes a successful millionaire with a loving wife and kids. The defeated Cobra Kai champion somehow gets his previous wins forgotten, becomes a total loser who has dead-end jobs, who marries a slutting whoring woman. He somehow barely meets his intelligent talented good-looking son (Because white men are shit.) Then after all this and after Daniel being the winner and blond white guy being the total loser - this Daniel gets triggered after seeing Cobra Kai. He then raises the rent of Cobra Kai to ruin his business and affect all others in the mall. He talks shit of him constantly and attempts to kick someone who is in the gutter - to kick him even more. No mention that his cousin and his goons are even doing a criminal offense by destroying his car as meager as it was and attempt to assault and batter him with potentially deadly weapons.
+ the series constantly pushes this gender-SJW-anti-bullying crap while making a bit fun of it - don't be fooled, that will be ramped up subsequently - that is how good propaganda works
+ while the online bullying of the fat ugly girl is seen as bad, they push frequently the notion that men and women physically are ABSOLUTELY EQUAL! While the online bullying is bad note that she is the one who later in the series initiates the first physical contact - the black 200 pounds girl does a front-pussy wedgie on the blondest girl - the blonde did not put a finger on her and there was on physical danger. She takes revenge physically potentially injuring her vagina - everyone is laughing. Reminds me of all those girl-fights where the "ethnic" girls rip out hair of blonde girls in current-year USA. The SJW writers are clearly not up to date who is doing the bullying in our times ever more.

The good:
+ some anti SJW talking points, but they are depicted as going too far
+ when he says to the cleft boy LIP and tells him to harden up or do something to take the attention away from his cleft - that is the single best part of the entire series as the guy creates a mohawk haircut and gets the nick Hawk. Of course Hawk is Jewish, because only they are allowed to be Alpha. And he gets even a hot girl instantly.

Yeah - compared to the current unbearable 100% SJW crap you have a series with 60% propaganda and some good moments. But it's the usual crap of feminism, anti-White, anti-Western, pro-soy (Ralph Macchio can't act for shit and still has the body of the soy. William Zabka is actually a decent actor), pro Wakanda, pro mass immigration, kick the White guy in the face even while he is already lying in the gutter crap. They will also do an arc of how the Spaniard guy from South America becomes more evil and imbued with toxic masculinity only to be later saved from his toxicity.

So yeah - a good series for our times.