rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

IRL D&D Scores: Do you even lift, bro?

So this morning I finally got around to doing something I've been meaning to do for some time: come up with the specific percentiles of Strength and IQ, and equate them to your character scores in Dungeons & Dragons.

Here's the detailed explanation with links to the original data - but I summed up the information in the following charts:

[Image: Bench-Press-IQ-by-Ability-Score.png?w=481]
[Image: DD-Strength-Max-Lift.jpg?w=480]

Note: the green line is real world scores, the brown line is what D&D lists.

My bench is 185 lbs, which puts me at a Strength of 14. As for IQ - well, I really, really, really hate the Raven's IQ Matrices, and I don't trust any of the others. The score I got back in grade school was just an approximation, so until I find a decent test I'm keeping that to myself.

Note that I also plotted out the scores for women. The 95th percentile of women is equivalent to the 10th percentile of men:

[Image: Linear-Data.png?w=481]

So how are y'all doing on Strength scores? Tell me that you lift.

Here are the hard numbers:

[Image: DD.png?resize=1024%2C112]

Age 30-35, max bench 305, max dead 405, IQ 138 according to an online test which may or may not be accurate. In fairness, I would estimate my dexterity as well below average because I suck at sports.

So my character would probably wield the battleaxe, and either kill on one hit or miss entirely. I would use my wit to charm women at the bar, and also avoid the dance floor like the plague.

Strength 12
Intelligence 18

Magic User here [Image: smile.gif]

If we extend this to Warhammer 40K.

Do we exclude Space Marines cause they're essentially doped up on steroids, perfomance enhancers & genetic enhancers...?

My charisma is too high for me to answer this post.

Quote: (03-10-2018 05:48 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

I was Googling "nerd memes" and nothing was really delivering. Thank you for covering this.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Using stats from strengthlevels.com I get the following levels for a lifter aged 24-39 and weighing 200 lbs

Beginner: 140, strength 9
Novice: 187, strength 14
Intermediate: 245, strength 18
Advanced: 310
Elite: 380

That means that any young guy who’s not too skinny and who lifts seriously can reach 18 strength.

Bench 310 (I'm overweight and 6'3" it's not fantastic for my size but I'm stronger than most.)

Cardio: ok getting better since I started vaping (yes it's not as cool as smoking, whatever.)

IQ 125+ based on this http://www.wilderdom.com/intelligence/IQ...sMean.html
I only roll with working class people because they are the least likely to be fags in Massachusetts so I speak dumbed down and post how I speak. I was drugged to the gills in highschool and got As and Bs without much studying. I pick up on concepts quickly, learn quickly in general.

My weakness is my weight, I guess D&D I'd be some slow battle axe wielder.

FYI that link gave me a virus alert on Avast.

Quote: (03-10-2018 08:10 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

FYI that link gave me a virus alert on Avast.

Thanks, false alarm; old plugin that I hadn't disabled, it's off now. Wasn't a virus, but occasionally got identified as one.

This is RVF. The graph's Y values should start at 250 for bench and 140 for IQ.

Quote: (03-10-2018 05:48 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

Fucking bards and their +50 Diplomacy checks, CHA is meant to be the dump stat... [Image: biggrin.gif]

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

My CONstitution stat is not high enough to stomach this thread.

It goes without saying the my character wields a +5 Magical Long Staff. When are you putting together the portion on magical weapons/equipment?

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Only wizards get magical staffs. Meaning you must be a 30+ year old virgin.

How we miss Little Dark, our 15th-level fearless Paladin! Even though, come to think of it, he was probably more of a Gray Mouser...

[Image: fafhrd_mouser.jpg]

My tremendously high Wisdom score prevents me from flaunting my scores in this thread... oh wait...

That said, when other people say that I am smart, I always feel that my IQ (Intelligence) is average and what they are actually referring to is the relatively high Wisdom score.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Intelligence is useful, but your friends are more likely to consult you for your wisdom

There is no good theory of what is wisdom or how to measure it unfortunately.

Quote: (03-12-2018 02:35 PM)Montrose Wrote:  

Intelligence is useful, but your friends are more likely to consult you for your wisdom

There is no good theory of what is wisdom or how to measure it unfortunately.

Of course there's a way to measure it, you measure it by how many bonus spells you receive per day after praying at dawn to a deity within at least one step of your alignment.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

I'm going to sink to my usual level of maturity here.

[Image: takes-saturdays-off-just-to-play-dungeon...ragons.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!