rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has crypto made you less ambitious?

When I started doing crypto I had all sorts of business ideas that I was passionate about.

Now that I've been trading crypto for a couple of months, I'm pretty sure that it would take years, blood, sweat and tears to make any business of mine anywhere near as lucrative as what is possible from just sitting at my computer reading about new tokens for maybe 1 year and that this is the easiest, quickest road to wealth that I'll will witness for a long time. This has made me a lot less motivated to do something productive with my life.

The flip side is that it is quite nerve wracking and unfulfilling to have your finances be reliant on something that is totally out of your control (the price of coins).

I guess the solution to my dilemma is to create a business in the crypto space that will benefit greatly from this gold rush as well as be something productive and in my control.

On the other hand, the businesses that I was planning on starting were not in fields that I am passionate about; I just thought that they could be profitable and the thought of money is what gave me the passion. So maybe this is a good thing because it will drive me to endeavours that I actually care about enough to make them a success.

Has anyone else faced a similar predicament?

Not at all. Say this does turn into a bubble and explode (surely by 2020/21) what will you do next ?

I’m already thinking about plans

And it’s not working in my current job

delete

Not at all.

Always be striving for the next thing, because the easy money isn't going to last forever.

If you're confident on some long term holds, set it and forget it. Then work on your business ideas.

The bubble will burst but it will still consolidate into just the successful projects, the well established blockchains and coins.

I have lost passion for my job, but it aint called wage cucking for nothing, theres nothing wrong with working for a living, but working for someone 8 hours a day 7 days a week, man fuck that shit.

If anything crypto made me more ambitious, I can see a very (and as of recently extremely) realistic goal of quitting on the gains I've made. Once you have financial freedom you can finally realize your true "passion project" and pursue it at will with no financial restrictions whatsoever.

Yes and no. It has made me waaaaay more ambitious about crypto and I even dream about it and enthusiastically wake up to check CMC and do research on new coins etc.

On the other end, everything non crypto related is starting to become boring

This is a bad time to start a business if you have some funds to put into crypto because the opportunity costs of anything non-crypto are enormous.

How much are you guys cashing out? Are you cashing out portions to fiat regularly or storing everything in BTC?

My answer is no. If anything it made me more ambitious because it could all go up in smoke one day in a black swan event. If that happens, what are you gonna do?

I'm running my biz as if cryptos didn't exist.

Is it surprising people stop caring as much about their job when your pay rise might be what 5% if you bust your balls but more likely 3%. And when your bonus depends more on the company’s performance than yours.

You earning more in a couple of days than you do for work in a month/year no surprise you not interested

I'm sure there are quite a few guys on here that are young (20-30's) and have made millions or tens of millions of dollars off crypto. It would be a strange but nice feeling knowing you can have a pretty high end lifestyle while realistically never have to worry about working again as long as you don't go too stupid with the spending.

It's certainly killed my motivation to work for a living. I used to take pride in the fact I pull in low 6-figure salary, made me feel accomplished. I grew up poor and destitute my entire life due to bad luck so my ability to earn a good wage was a big deal for me.

Now I just feel like an idiot knowing a $10000-$20000 USD investment in the right crypto early enough can dwarf the money I make from an entire lifetime of wage cuckery. That's not to say I don't love it but yes it is absolutely murders my motivation to work. It makes no sense for me to focus on my job when my crypto gains make my earnings seem like pocket change.

Not at all, Crypto has me even more motivated. I'm like, "the right money in the right crypto and I have fuck you money for a generation or two." If that doesn't get you hot and bothered, then what does?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I recently started working HARDER so I have more money to invest with. My boss is happy and I'm fucking happy because of the very real possibility of being retired before 30. Arrogant? maybe, but when you think about the gainz you make in crypto, the gainz you can make in your career are fucking paltry. I've never seen a career give a man 400%-1000% returns on money invested.

I met a guy a few days ago who has been invested in XLM since before it was even $0.01. It's now like $0.40.

If he so chooses, he can get his money out and fade into the ether. Who doesn't want that? Even if you gotta give uncle sam a cut (fucking american) that's still way more money than many of us ever make in 1-3 lifetimes.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (01-02-2018 03:35 PM)the-dream Wrote:  

When I started doing crypto I had all sorts of business ideas that I was passionate about.

Now that I've been trading crypto for a couple of months, I'm pretty sure that it would take years, blood, sweat and tears to make any business of mine anywhere near as lucrative as what is possible from just sitting at my computer reading about new tokens for maybe 1 year and that this is the easiest, quickest road to wealth that I'll will witness for a long time. This has made me a lot less motivated to do something productive with my life.

The flip side is that it is quite nerve wracking and unfulfilling to have your finances be reliant on something that is totally out of your control (the price of coins).

I guess the solution to my dilemma is to create a business in the crypto space that will benefit greatly from this gold rush as well as be something productive and in my control.

On the other hand, the businesses that I was planning on starting were not in fields that I am passionate about; I just thought that they could be profitable and the thought of money is what gave me the passion. So maybe this is a good thing because it will drive me to endeavours that I actually care about enough to make them a success.

Has anyone else faced a similar predicament?

Absolutely man, i've been pondering the same thing the last few days. If this is the biggest negative of crypto then I love it haha. But I feel the exact same way..

Quote: (01-02-2018 10:17 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

My answer is no. If anything it made me more ambitious because it could all go up in smoke one day in a black swan event. If that happens, what are you gonna do?

I'm running my biz as if cryptos didn't exist.

this is a good mindset

I think of crypto as a once in a lifetime opportunity to make some easy money (as long as you do not FOMO). In the end, this bubble is going to burst, so make as much money as you can because sooner or later it is going to be over!

Yes.

Me and my business partner have hired some people to run our business while we can focus 100% on crypto. Life changing money can be made in this space with the right info, people and research. You'd be stupid not to.

Edit: Not less ambitious on my ventures, just outsourced it while we can hopefully realise much bigger financial gains within crypto.

As someone who personally witnessed people go from boom to bust during the Dot Com bubble I advise people to tread carefully.

I agree there is much money to be made right now - I've done it and am going to invest more heavily going forward, but don't think for a second that this meteoric rise can't come down even harder.

Quote: (01-06-2018 01:06 AM)PharaohRa Wrote:  

I think of crypto as a once in a lifetime opportunity to make some easy money (as long as you do not FOMO). In the end, this bubble is going to burst, so make as much money as you can because sooner or later it is going to be over!

You can make a lot of money fast with crypto, but I don't think it's easy. There's a lot of stress associated with putting money on the line. Just my opinion.

Quote: (01-11-2018 03:35 PM)Jean Gabin Wrote:  

Yes.

Me and my business partner have hired some people to run our business while we can focus 100% on crypto. Life changing money can be made in this space with the right info, people and research. You'd be stupid not to.

Edit: Not less ambitious on my ventures, just outsourced it while we can hopefully realise much bigger financial gains within crypto.

This is more like it. Investing in crypto is more like running a business than anything else. It still requires a lot of research and networking to achieve great results.

Definitely,

I don't really daytrade, been buying a bunch of alts, but its mostly a hobby now. I see money as a joke, just fun to collect, I can't ever imagine working for 2.5k / month, feels like such a waste of time

You see money as a joke in a Dan Bilzerian type of way, or a Bernie Sanders way? There's a big difference here.

Quote: (01-11-2018 05:48 PM)stefpdt Wrote:  

You see money as a joke in a Dan Bilzerian type of way, or a Bernie Sanders way? There's a big difference here.

Good question, probably a combination of both, I got quite lucky with crypto, so it seems ridiculous that ppl spend hours upon hours chasing very small amounts.

It also seems ridiculous since it doesn't bring happiness at all, its very empty and unfulfilling, might be because i didnt work very hard for it.

Well it's actually a good thing to not have an emotional attachment to money, so you might have an advantage in that regard.

I had to work my ass off to build an online business, so I'm pretty careful about every dollar that I invest. That's the natural result of bootstrapping a business with very little money.

I'm just now entering the crypto market, so we'll see if my careful nature helps or hurts.

If you aren't fulfilled with your crypto earnings, you can always use your profits to fund a passion project. Start investing in real estate or something you can feel good about.

Also, our time on this Earth is extremely limited, so I think it's a blessing if anyone here can get filthy rich via investing in cryptocurrencies.

Financial freedom is freedom from the indentured servitude of corporatism.

Generating wealth with crypto is probably one of the fastest ways to achieve financial freedom.

So, that's why I think that money is extremely important, especially during this very limited time opportunity that we all have (crypto).