rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Undervalued cryptos

Undervalued cryptos

Are there any cryptos out there that you guys consider to be highly undervalued? I personally feel Nav coin fits the bill.

Undervalued cryptos

ChainLink in my opinion is undervalued especially considering what other shitcoins got pumped over the past few days. The ChainLink product can be a game changer and Sergey is a great developer.

The problem is that their team has no clue about marketing which is really important for pumping a crypto coin (Omisego is a great example for doing great marketing). But according to Sergey they are hiring a marketing director so things should get better on that front. I just bought more Link today and give it another six to twelve months.

Undervalued cryptos

For alt-coins, I'm liking REQ. There is a a lot of potential if the team can deliver and so far they've been ahead of schedule. There is a discussion in the day-trading thread.

Undervalued cryptos

Particl. I’ll let Isaac Jordan chime in.

I think it’s the most undervalued coin of them all.

Disclaimer: I hold particl.

Undervalued cryptos

PreSearch (decentralised search engine in beta) - good team; hasn't had too much exposure. Price has stayed more or less $0.20.

EDO - Good team, making heavy inroads into the general wallet territory, which so far has not been sufficiently cracked IMO. It's been added to Bitfinex, but has languished pretty low. I tip this one to get pumped soon and pumped hard. Only pumped about 50% in the last month or so.

AVT - Added to Bitfinex but not seen much action. No considerable pump.

OMG - Compared to other coins near the top of the coin market cap, this one has seen some of the least pump action.

KNC - One that Vitalik Buterin is adviser for.

It's getting really difficult to pick the next pumps now. I am going to move to scanning volumes and prices to identify incoming pumps and try and ride these.

Undervalued cryptos

Obsidian. Yes I am holding it, and have been since the ICO due to a tip off from a member here, whom to my shame I can't remember.

Undervalued cryptos

I just converted some BTC to XRB. I was contemplating the move when it was $1 but now it's $5!. I think there's still room for growth since it's not on any big exchange like Binanace

Undervalued cryptos

Quote: (12-21-2017 11:14 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Totally agree with you.

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

Undervalued cryptos

REQ / RHOC

Undervalued cryptos

Lisk, Neo, OMG, Ark, ADA, XRB

Undervalued cryptos

Listing alt.coins without citing reason why they're undervalued isn't very helpful...

Undervalued cryptos

Quote: (12-21-2017 01:29 PM)britchard Wrote:  

Obsidian. Yes I am holding it, and have been since the ICO due to a tip off from a member here, whom to my shame I can't remember.

Probably Cleanslate. He was the first to bring it to my attention.

Undervalued cryptos

Looking at the Hype train of XRP, I'll say XRP.

Found a reddit thread where the guy answeres the question of; "Why can't banks just use ripple tech and avoid XRP?"
https://np.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/...h=861c6727

Undervalued cryptos

How do you define "undervalued"?

In finance terms "undervalued" usually means that an asset is, on the basis of some multiple or other (e.g. price / earnings or in real estate price/rental income) cheaper than it's peers are.

Cryptocurrencies are not backed by any form of cash flows and lack any kind of easily quantifiable value metrics that allow one to compare their value against each other relatively. By the same token you can't arbitrarily decide that bitcoin is overvalued because then it becomes "overvalued relative to what other cryptocurrency"?

What exactly is the metric? The number of units released for initial circulation and total possible are both arbitrary which means the price per unit is also somewhat arbitrary as well (Unlike with stocks where any splits also means earnings per share falls to match and everything stays balanced). Trading volume? Because trading volume isn't ever used when analyzing comparable valuations.

I have no idea.

Undervalued cryptos

Quote: (12-21-2017 01:29 PM)britchard Wrote:  

Maybe it was me. At the time it seemed like a promising project, then 4chan fudded the coin to death. It was the most brutal FUD I’ve ever seen. The ODN team handled it quite poorly first by ignoring it and then losing frame by lashing back.

However, they may be making a comeback with the new messenger release. Time will tell.

Undervalued cryptos

Anyone buying less known coins given today's massive declines?

Undervalued cryptos

Quote: (12-22-2017 01:02 PM)Jestx Wrote:  

I might snag some XVG now that its under .10.

Thought XRP might fall back to .60-.70 but its being surprisingly resilient.

If XLM goes down into the .teens then might get a few thousand.

Undervalued cryptos

Quote: (12-21-2017 10:00 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

In finance terms "undervalued" usually means that an asset is, on the basis of some multiple or other (e.g. price / earnings or in real estate price/rental income) cheaper than it's peers are.

Cryptocurrencies are not backed by any form of cash flows and lack any kind of easily quantifiable value metrics that allow one to compare their value against each other relatively. By the same token you can't arbitrarily decide that bitcoin is overvalued because then it becomes "overvalued relative to what other cryptocurrency"?

What exactly is the metric? The number of units released for initial circulation and total possible are both arbitrary which means the price per unit is also somewhat arbitrary as well (Unlike with stocks where any splits also means earnings per share falls to match and everything stays balanced). Trading volume? Because trading volume isn't ever used when analyzing comparable valuations.

I have no idea.

Like everything else in the space:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Get with the program, Easy_C.

That's like asking how do we assign value to a unicorn, man.

Clearly, you look at its sire and dam's health history, you look at the health of it's coat, and you want to make sure the horn is pearly and straight, with no mottling, for example.

Same principle, basically you analyze what everyone's saying about the nonexistent company in order to assess the nonexistent revenue so as to project the nonexistent profits based on the nonexistent sales.

It's a new paradigm man, you can't let old-fashioned and obsolete ideas about profits, losses, accounting, regulation, and most of all potential fraud, hold you back from becoming a member of the new elite that's being created before our very eyes.

Your quaint, outdated mind may not fully understand all of this, but know that many millions of folks far more intelligent than you fully grasp this new paradigm. Have faith in their financial acumen and jump on the bandwagon quickly, Easy_C, it won't be waiting for you forever.

Undervalued cryptos

Once it became clear it was going off a cliff I market sold everything. So far there have been two weak pumps up to 1400 and 1300, the books are thinning out and a lot of downwards pressure, margin pressure is evaporating, MACD 3-day is about to cross, 1 week RSI pointing almost straight down, technically this is worse than the 12-2013 crash.

Not planning on buying back any time soon.

Undervalued cryptos

Quote: (12-22-2017 02:06 PM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-21-2017 10:00 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

I have no idea.

Like everything else in the space:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Get with the program, Easy_C.

That's like asking how do we assign value to a unicorn, man.

Clearly, you look at its sire and dam's health history, you look at the health of it's coat, and you want to make sure the horn is pearly and straight, with no mottling, for example.

Same principle, basically you analyze what everyone's saying about the nonexistent company in order to assess the nonexistent revenue so as to project the nonexistent profits based on the nonexistent sales.

It's a new paradigm man, you can't let old-fashioned and obsolete ideas about profits, losses, accounting, regulation, and most of all potential fraud, hold you back from becoming a member of the new elite that's being created before our very eyes.

Your quaint, outdated mind may not fully understand all of this, but know that many millions of folks far more intelligent than you fully grasp this new paradigm. Have faith in their financial acumen and jump on the bandwagon quickly, Easy_C, it won't be waiting for you forever.

I must be an old fart because I remember the same things being said about dotcoms. Some of the dotcom stocks uhm... "mooned" since then, but there was no way of knowing back then which ones had potential.

Guys who made money investing in crypto, good for you, at least cash out what you had initially invested in fiat money. Because I also remember how one former dotcom multimillionaire gave a lecture to a bunch of students including me after dotcom bust. Before the bust, he had millions on paper from his startup stocks, but there was no way for him to cash out, so he lost everything. The difference now is that there is a relatively easy way for you to cash out either fully or partially. Use it to your advantage.

/old fart lecture over

Edit: Spaniard, I understand your comment was tongue in cheek

Undervalued cryptos

I believe ETH is undervalued. When the BTC hype dies (which this week’s correction from $19,000 to $13,000 should help towards), the “normies” may likely go “oh well the Ethereum network is actually a product!”

Or maybe they won’t and 2018 will be a bear market, which is fine.

Undervalued cryptos

You could make a case that any coin is undervalued, or overvalued. There are rational arguments on both sides. Nobody really knows what the future will look like. If you ask me, one privacy coin will be a big winner and may even dominate all currencies. Most likely that coin will be XMR or Zcash.

Blockchain technology and smart contracts will almost definitely be used in the future. The best coin leading the way on that is definitely ETH.

There's also good reason to think that DAG's and the tangle will be important for speedy and free transactions. DAG is relatively new but if it can fulfill its promises it will be a superior technology to blockchain. For that, look into IOTA and XRB.

Disclosure: I own ETH and XRB.

Undervalued cryptos

Quote: (12-21-2017 11:14 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Good call 70% growth today.

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

Undervalued cryptos

Quote: (12-22-2017 01:34 PM)Adonis Wrote:  

I might snag some XVG now that its under .10.

Thought XRP might fall back to .60-.70 but its being surprisingly resilient.

If XLM goes down into the .teens then might get a few thousand.

XVG started its climb up 163% 10 min after I posted and hit .25, if the Wraith Protocol is released .50 will be in sight.

McAfee pumped up DGB as his coin of the day now thats up 144%.

XRP holding the line hard, tough shit I wanted to get more under 1.00.

Edit: VertCoin (VTC) took a beating in the sell off but I think its a solid coin. ASIC resistant, Lightning compatible, and a strong possible to be added to CoinBase later this year based on their criteria. About $8 now.

Undervalued cryptos

It would be good to come up with some type of criteria for what constitutes 'undervalued' in this space. I've been doing my own research and looking at potential use cases and what type of markets the coins can penetrate.

Also how transparent and hard-working the development team is counts in my eyes. If they are bad with updates or keep giving 'we're working on it' BS type of updates with no beef, I tend to write them off right away. Still it's rather subjective.

Now for me to be transparent with the forum, I want to mention that I was a relatively early adopter of BTC (~2014) and most of my gains came from the bull run we've seen in BTC and the other large cap coins. I've been selling in increments to lock in gains as the price shot up. No one ever went broke taking profits.

The reason I mention this is that I'm playing with house money, so my risk tolerance my be higher than others for some of these alts.

Still always be skeptical, the Wolf of Wall Street film should heed as a warning, just replace 'stock' with 'crypto'. I bet that a lot of coins are pump and dump schemes especially coins with smaller market caps that can be manipulated easily. There is no regulation in this space.

I suspect that some of the positive attention for certain tokens are lots of people working together to pump and publicize the coin using certain influencers. I mean imagine if somehow we got McAfee to pump a coin that we were the holder of? This sort of stuff with influencers happens in several industries. When there's a lot of money at stake there will be corruption.

Funny scene below, and also truth in it.