rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Near Death Experiences

Near Death Experiences

I've been looking around the forum and shockingly, I have seen no topic on this. One thing I've always wanted to discuss with redpill men is a near death experience. For a redpill forum, we don't seem to explore death too often and how the threat of it can change you or your beliefs on afterlife can effect the way you live life.

For today, I want to talk about near death experiences. I had a close call earlier this year where I could've lost my life or at least have had permanent injuries. I'm working on a book now about it and how the events leading up to it have changed my life now.

The details I will say are that it was an accident that I had a 50% chance of survival from, otherwise I would've died in my early 20's. I was a bit reckless, put myself in not the best position, and at the time was somewhat indifferent about the thought of dying when the threat became more real.

Afterwards, I figured out who I considered to be very important in my life and those people would be very difficult to live without, who really cared at the thought of losing me, the realization that I had a lot more to live for than I thought before, figuring out time and loved ones were definitely more valuable than money, in a too complicated to explain here way I figured out how to accept grief from loss of a loved one, my views on afterlife became more center, I realized I would be willing to take a bullet for those I really cared about, that I still wanted to see more of the world despite facing danger while traveling, and that I lived too boring and stable of a life with the wrong type of girls back home.

The question I really want to ask the rest of you is if you have had a near death experience? What was the threat if you want to talk about that? How did it change the way you live after?

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Near Death Experiences

Nice topic.

I've had 2 near death experiences.

The first was in high school where I mixed a lot of Valium with a lot of alcohol and basically went almost comatose.

I woke up a full 48 hours later in my house not really knowing what happened. My friends later told me I was totally unresponsive and just blanking out.

It didn't "feel" like I had almost died but my understanding of this combination is that your heart can just slow down to a crawl and stop and that's that.

What did I learn from this incident? Not much I guess, I was a teenager after all, but I never mixed benzodiazepams and alcohol again that's for sure.

Second time felt more "real"...

It was about 4 years ago in Chiang Mai. I was up at the national park at the base of Doi Sutheep and went up the waterfall and decided to try and fuck around on the rocks and would up slipping and taking a ride.

I woke up in an ambulance with my head banged up, nose broken, and chin busted.

Lucky there was some Indian chick on vacation at the bottom of the falls who was a nurse and scooped me out of the water, called emergency, and took care of me until the ambulance arrived.

I also had my girlfriend at the time with me, she was pretty shaken up.

That experience was pretty amazing because I knew the moment I slipped that I'm going down, and time seemed to freeze. In that moment I felt like "well, if this is it, old boy, so be it" and I was totally calm and content. I'd left my country and my job, I came to Thailand with a laptop and a dream, I met this great chick from Hong Kong, and I was ready to die.

I came away relatively unscathed, just some bumps and bruises mostly.

But the tranquility of the experience stayed with me for a while.

Here's the thing though...enlightenment wears off.

I'm not saying you need to go throw yourself down a flight of stairs to remind yourself of your mortality. But you do need to find ways to remind yourself of your mortality, whatever that looks like to you.

A good recent read was Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss - a lot of talk about death from a lot of smart people in there. Reminds you just how little time we have and that it's a sin to fritter it away.

Near Death Experiences

Quote: (12-19-2017 01:24 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

That experience was pretty amazing because I knew the moment I slipped that I'm going down, and time seemed to freeze. In that moment I felt like "well, if this is it, old boy, so be it" and I was totally calm and content. I'd left my country and my job, I came to Thailand with a laptop and a dream, I met this great chick from Hong Kong, and I was ready to die.

Dude, this paragraph hit me hard. This was literally my exact mindset when my accident happened. It was something I knew could possibly end badly and not a complete blindside so I pondered with it. Time froze and I became numb and content to life in general. I was young, possibly dying at half, third, and even a quarter of the age of some of my elder family members who would've been heartbroken, I still felt content. What did it for me was that I just graduated college and never had to spend years of misery in the rat race and instead went to the east, discovered fun I could not have imagined for myself ever in the west, and got to live out some adventures with some awesome girls.

It makes me glad I discovered this site at times. It made me feel like I was living life with my eyes wide open instead of on auto pilot. After that, it gave me some perspective though on making that feeling last for as long as you can and not being as reckless in the future so I can keep enjoying the people and things I love in life. People back home were scared and couldn't imagine what I went through in the east (believe me, I went through some shit that will be with me for the rest of my life) but despite the negatives, I knew there was something right about the lifestyle. I felt like for the first time in my life, I was truly living.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Near Death Experiences

I can't wait for Merc to post in this thread.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Near Death Experiences

I don't want to get too detailed for fear of doxxing but I had a life-threatening illness as a child and it left bodily scars which was the driver behind my shyness and feeling the only avenue to women was through the friend-zone. I'm still super self-conscious taking my shirt off because of this. Since we try to maintain anonymity people tend not to appreciate that everyone's got their own unique challenges in the sexual marketplace, and some of them don't just disappear by getting jacked or acting alpha.

Near Death Experiences

Quote: (12-19-2017 11:12 AM)questor70 Wrote:  

I don't want to get too detailed for fear of doxxing but I had a life-threatening illness as a child and it left bodily scars which was the driver behind my shyness and feeling the only avenue to women was through the friend-zone. I'm still super self-conscious taking my shirt off because of this. Since we try to maintain anonymity people tend not to appreciate that everyone's got their own unique challenges in the sexual marketplace, and some of them don't just disappear by getting jacked or acting alpha.

Similarly, I just recently got over taking my shirt off in public (at the beach, pool, lake) in the last 6 or so years. As a toddler I ended up getting too close to a candle and have giant 3rd degree burn scars all over my chest. Which of course I was made fun of growing up, I'm sure was part of what fucked me over with women mentally for a long time.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Near Death Experiences

Wrecking my motorcycle going approx. 230 km/h.
Thanked past me for not cheaping out on riding gear so much.
Literally saved my ass and everything else too.
I didn't die but fucked myself up pretty fucking good.
3 weeks in the hospital and 7 months of physio. I only have a slight barely noticeable limp in my step, otherwise i'm find

I never take stupid physical risks now, probably the safest guy you'll ever talk to.

Near Death Experiences

Fuck man, if you survive a motorcycle crash going over 200km/hr, it's time to choose a religion.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Near Death Experiences

Quote: (12-20-2017 06:10 AM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

3 weeks in the hospital and 7 months of physio. I only have a slight barely noticeable limp in my step, otherwise i'm find

I never take stupid physical risks now, probably the safest guy you'll ever talk to.

I'm guessing your body slid to a stop in a very open area. I saw a guy cut in half by a flimsy light pole while only going around half that speed.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

Near Death Experiences

Quote: (12-19-2017 03:28 AM)Suits Wrote:  

I can't wait for Merc to post in this thread.

Yeah I want hear about his boating accident

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.indiatimes.in%2Fme...25.jpg&f=1]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Near Death Experiences

Such a great thread topic.

I actually studied near death experiences for quite some time, because I wanted to get closer to the truth about what's most important in life (chasing enlightenment, maybe).

Many people who have had near death experiences have flashbacks about:

1. The people who they love most
2. The memories that they shared with those people

That seems to be all that matters in the end.

Not the petty arguments. Not the bullshit that you're worrying about right now that isn't going to matter in a year or two.

Near Death Experiences

Quote: (12-20-2017 10:52 AM)Number one bummer Wrote:  

I'm guessing your body slid to a stop in a very open area. I saw a guy cut in half by a flimsy light pole while only going around half that speed.

This was on the highway at around 6:30am on a Sunday. Hardly any traffic and it was straight and flat.
My friend and his gf watched it happen and they thought i was dead.
They told me after i hit a rock my front tire started to wobble and then i put the bike down on its side and i flew over it landing on my back and sliding to a stop in some grass at the side of the road.

I woke up 3 days later with some broken bones with no recollection of what happened.
Even now some 12yrs later it's only bits a pieces.

Near Death Experiences

I had one with an unusual disease that usually isn't a problem if treated, but doctors couldn't figure it out in my case for a few years, resulting in it solidly meeting the criteria of a near-death experience. It took place in my late teens, and left me bedridden for two years, and it took a couple of years to recover after that. It was quite degrading to not work or be productive, and to fall behind in my life. People are made to work. Most of my time was spent reading. Doing this while bedridden helped my somewhat escape the perspective of our time.

The symptoms of this disease are largely mental, and in the last three months or so before I was correctly diagnosed and treated, I had a hard time following simple conversations and doing addition. This brainlessness finally kept me from reading, which left me with little to do but pacify myself with videos and movies. This lack of mental ability also resulted in me not feeling emotions as strongly. The less I could use my mind and emotions, the more my conscience kicked in. Things which most would consider small or meaningless like little white lies or masturbation became a massive torment, even before I became aware of any danger to my life. It felt like if I were to die at that point in my life, that I would be thrust into a deep part of Hell for things I'd done. My conscience was more sensitive than I'd supposed. So many people think they're a good person. I know what they'd say if they were forced to confront their conscience.

I kept asking a question. Why do people think that God is unjust for the existence of suffering? I was physically, mentally, and emotionally uncomfortable, but knew and felt that it would benefit me in the end. I couldn't understand why people considered God as unjust for doing something (allowing suffering) that benefits all who come to Earth. As my mind declined, I could perceive the question in a way that I can only describe as an attitude, only there was no emotion involved. I supposed, and still suppose that to be the perception of my soul, rather than my passionate body, or my calculating brain. One book I had read before I got too bad was The Brothers Karamazov, and I kept rereading the story of Zosima's brother Marcel. I wept every time I read it; I wept for its poignant beauty and how it paralleled, or how I hoped it would parallel, myself. When I started to recover, I would go for short walks, and looking around at the once ordinary scenery, I was struck with a sense of spiritual beauty, with joy that was as great as any pain I had ever experienced. Every pain well endured brings a greater reward.

Integrating back into society took time, however, now I'm a patient man. As a teenager I was an extremely fiery, hotheaded loudmouth who loved to argue, and was excellent at it. I wish I'd kept my debating skills, debating occasionally comes in handy.

Near Death Experiences

I had a near death experience in DC the other weekend. My Uber driver was Abu Bakr.
The leader of ISIS is apparently a middle aged Somali man in a Prius. Hiding in plain sight and all that...

I am afraid that women appreciate cruelty, downright cruelty, more than anything else. They have wonderfully primitive instincts. We have emancipated them, but they remain slaves looking for their masters all the same. They love being dominated.
--Oscar Wilde

Near Death Experiences

When I was 10 years old I was almost run over by a train(it was my fault). Felt the air current behind me as I jumped just in time. I can't say it affected my life one way or the other. I was too young to extract any insight or life experience from it, and I also don't see it as a particularly bad memory.

There was no "time compression" or anything like that. All I remember was that after it happened I heard someone yelling and cursing me for my stupidity, and then running all the way home. From what I can remember all my attention was focused not on almost getting killed, but on hiding my obvious fight-or-flight state from my parents. A few days later I decided to tell my father, and as a reward for my honesty I caught a few smacks from him.

Near Death Experiences

I experienced similar with the whole slow motion thing, was hit by a car on my motorbike, luckily I was only going slow and the car wasn't going to fast either. Still did some serious damage and required 18 months of rehab and is still not 100% recovered because of nerve damage and the like.

It's funny that I've never really regarded it as a near death experience, even though now having read this thread I absolutely could have died, I was lucky that I was conscious in the air and able to "design" my landing and also landed in a space with no objects to cause a sudden stop, the entirety of the damage was basically impact of the car which I guess in itself could kill.

As for lessons... I think the only one was more subliminal than a conscious decision. With the inability to play sports, go to the gym or do any of the things that took the majority of my focus in my 20s I dedicated myself instead to making money over that 18 month period and I've basically obtained financial freedom as a result. It didn't hurt that I also decided to not drink until I could run 3k in under 11 minutes again which ended up with me not drinking for over 2 years as the rehab and then rebuilding fitness and strength was a brutal process. Now I've mostly moved on and it really only impacts me in that I have been retired from sports I love that I'd planned on still playing to my current age for what seems like forever now and looking back on that still makes me angry but the financial freedom of being pretty much retired in my 30s is a pretty decent alternative.

But yeah, can't say I came out of it having found any kind of faith or greater message from it. I still ride motorbikes, still do stupid shit that is risky and make plenty of bad decisions.

Near Death Experiences

My wife had a near death experience last Sunday.

Yeah, she started vacuuming while I was watching the game.

Take care of those titties for me.

Near Death Experiences

A shootout downtown between cops and thugs. It began a few feet from where i had walked past minutes prior. There was so much gunfire, and it felt like it lasted for ever. Everyone in the vicinity tried to duck by diving and lying flat on the ground. We were so close to the victims that when i got home i realized that my jacket had blood spatter all over it. I could hear their last words (basically cursing at the cops). Two thugs met their end that day.

It really taught me that the end can come when we least expect it. And it can happen at any time to anyone.

What began as a very "normal" day took a drastic turn for the worse in a matter of seconds and will remain etched on my mind forever.

Near Death Experiences

What safety gear did you have on? I have a bike and I want to live if I wreak.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Near Death Experiences

Quote: (01-04-2018 10:24 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

What safety gear did you have on? I have a bike and I want to live if I wreak.

When i crashed i had on full Kevlar/composite riding gear. Jacket, pants, gloves, boots.
I wouldn't even both with leather riding gear (unless its kangaroo leather), its makes you too hot and almost discourages you from wearing it when you really should.
I think i paid just under $800 for my helmet. Not because of the material or construction but because the fit of the helmet is very very very important. I have an odd shaped head though.

Please stay away from "riding jeans". They are absolutely worthless in a crash.