rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tachycardia/High resting heartrate causes/treatments?

Recently I had my heartrate(among other things) tested at one of the things set up at a park festival when doing a free breathing check.

It was ~120 bpm resting and apparently it should be ~60 for a guy my age. The nice old lady was wondering if I just vigorously exercised, or am super unfit, or was particularly stressed, or took coffee/drugs or something. None of the above was true.

Just wondering what the possible causes/solutions for this is. I feel it would really impact my quality of life if I can get this fixed as this explains why I feel so relatively anxious/impulsive.

Higher weight, no regular cardio is a frequent scenario.

I believe that regular steady state cardio between 120-135 BPM is a good way to improve cardio health.

That being said, if you find yourself over 100 at random you should probably get it checked out ASAP.

I am not a doctor, lawyer, etc.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Go get checked out by a doctor, bro. I had a similar situation a few years ago and it turned out I had a serious heart condition. It is probably nothing serious -- and could simply be anxiety-related -- but you should err on the side of caution and get looked at. Don't play around with heart issues. Let us know how everything goes.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

2Wyked is right, go check w/ your Doctor, make sure it's not something serious.

That being said...

Tachycardia/Arrhythmia's can be due to mineral deficiencies - magnesium and/or potassium. While you can try and buy those as supplements and see how they work, I prefer pure, unsweetened coconut water as the best source for such minerals and micronutrients. In it's natural state, you absorb it better through Coconut water than from taking it in pill form.

Another thing you can try is Ubiquinol - the derivative liquid form of CoQ10. The brand name we have here in Hawaii is called Quinol.

Don't know if you can get it in AU, but if you can, that stuff is awesome for heart issues - i.e. even if you do have a serious heart condition causing your problem, it can only help you to take Ubiquinol in addition to whatever your Dr. suggests. You can go and research it on PubMed for yourself and see what I'm talking about.

The stuff was basically manufactured and marketed for people taking statin drugs - which among other things, inhibits the liver from creating CoQ10 in its natural state, which is vital for heart function.

It is actually one of the few supplements I regularly take (and I have no heart/statin issues), but it's supposed to be good for you because even if you're healthy and not on statins, your body still produces less natural CoQ10 as you age.

I retested at home with another device(blood pressure machine), instead of that finger thing they had. I am currently 80-90 at night and 60 in the morning. I don't know if I still need to bother going to see a doctor. But it does mean that I get stressed more easily than I should and probably if I can get my stress under control it would help a lot.

Nofap strengthens and lowers my pulse. If someone has a heart condition, that might help. Or it might stress them out lol, best to get medical opinion.

Quote: (11-26-2017 05:30 PM)Overflow Wrote:  

Nofap strengthens and lowers my pulse. If someone has a heart condition, that might help. Or it might stress them out lol, best to get medical opinion.

Nofap also helps me fly and run faster than a speeding bullet. Would recommend.