rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are Baby Boomers on the Cusp of Turning Nationalist?

I know it is popular to paint the boomers as the generation that destroyed the west, with cowardly men who lost control of their politicians and families by not doing what needed to be done. Or maybe helplessly overwhelmed too quickly by a system out to destroy our culture for control over the successful economies of a free western people...

Whatever the reasons, as I listen to my parents (early-mid 60s) and their friends and my other elder relatives and aqaintences, I think I'm hearing growing rumblings of discontent and guilt, especially from the men, over the way the world is becoming. There's a few factors which I think might just push them over the edge and unleash the biggest cohort of right winged voting we've seen yet.

1) They are retiring now, and no longer need to tow the company line. They seem to really resent having been stifled in the corporate world for the past 20 and especially 10 years.

2) Their wives are getting older, and with that the chances of divorce for sacking up and speaking their minds drops significantly. I think the news stories we hear from time to time about skyrocketing senior divorce are specifically premtively pushed to make elderly men more fearful of pissing off their wife than they should be.

3) Their sons are not getting good jobs. This seems to upset women and men equally, and makes them mad at politicians.

4) Their daughters are barren whores. This makes women sad and men guilt riden, for being shitty parents.

5) The neighbourhoods they lived in are turning into diverse shitholes. They might not know why exactly, but they are the only ones old enough to remember what it was like before, and that this new way of living isn't better.

I think that liberal governments think they'll keep the boomers on lock down with promises of low retirement ages and health care and bus passes... I don't think it's going to work, and that we are on the cusp of boomers saying a big fuck to the man, what they've wanted to do for decades but couldn't sack up and actually do it.

Better late than never, I'd say.

But if they'd kept their mouths shut for so long, and now it is too late to live life over again, how many of them could be honest with themselves about reality in order to speak up about it? When you've invested your entire life into a lie, your identity is tied to it.

^ Somewhat related to the above is my point:

You make good points, OP, but the biggest one you leave out, and sadly possibly the most impactful against your point, is that they are still hooked on the entitlement juice. It was a shrewd trap the pols laid out, sorta like when near the end of your life you know the devil played you for a fool.

Quote: (11-16-2017 06:52 PM)christpuncher Wrote:  

5) The neighbourhoods they lived in are turning into diverse shitholes. They might not know why exactly, but they are the only ones old enough to remember what it was like before, and that this new way of living isn't better.

Gran Torino

[Image: homepage_EB20081217REVIEWS812179989AR.jpg]

Of course there are bunch of woke boomers, Donald Trump WON bro, who the fuck voted for him? Not a bunch of woke 20 year old ex-soyboys.

My mother voted for Obama the first time, didn't vote the second term and went full Trump. There are also a lot of very reasonable people. Obama did seem like he would try to make America better, people did believe that. He was full of shit. Based on that many people decided to try something different. President Trump.

Quote: (11-17-2017 12:36 AM)ball dont lie Wrote:  

Of course there are bunch of woke boomers, Donald Trump WON bro, who the fuck voted for him? Not a bunch of woke 20 year old ex-soyboys.

My mother voted for Obama the first time, didn't vote the second term and went full Trump. There are also a lot of very reasonable people. Obama did seem like he would try to make America better, people did believe that. He was full of shit. Based on that many people decided to try something different. President Trump.

You'd be surprised how many 18-25 kids voted Trump. These would be the same kids that were filling up college auditoriums for Milo back when he was relevant. It's just a lot of them can't say this publicly.

And you'd be surprised how many cable TV watching Boomers voted Hillary due to believing the media bullshit. You think Boomers en masse use Twitter actively enough to make the Donald popular lol? Or the fact that r/the_donald is certainly not made up of tech and meme savvy Boomers that suddenly all learned how to use a computer.

Oh and /pol/ and /b/ is suddenly all a bunch of 50+ year olds.

Sarcasm aside. Most Boomers don't know their way around the basics of a computer much less inform could they then inform themselves on Donald Trump. Most of the Boomers were more than likely convinced through the rallies when their kids encouraged them to go see Trump live.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

To be honest, we're on the cusp of another wave of American exceptionalism.

Think of America as Rome. We're untouchable. Right now, the Republic has been gamed to kingdom come by mediocre losers. We're going to survive by kicking them out and strengthening the core of what it means to become a mighty empire for another 300 years.

All Trump needs to do is break the career politicians and destroy the Democratic party. So far, he's been on a role by strangling the financial routes of the democrats.

And he's only just begun!

Baby boomers are hopeless class of people. They were Obama's most loyal supporters. They aren't going to change. People in that age bracket rarely do if ever.

Quote: (11-17-2017 12:13 AM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Quote: (11-16-2017 06:52 PM)christpuncher Wrote:  

Gran Torino

[Image: homepage_EB20081217REVIEWS812179989AR.jpg]

Nitpicking, but Eastwood's character in Gran Torino, Walt Kowalski, isn't a Baby Boomer. He's from the tail-end of the Greatest Generation. When Walt snarls at the Hmong thugs to get off his lawn, he speaks of using Chinese soldiers' bodies as sandbags in Korea.

The Korean War was 1950 - 1953. Walt would've been at least 18 years old if not older at the time - and therefore born in 1932 at the latest; well before World War Two by any stretch of the imagination, unless the Marines were inducting 11 year olds when North Korea first crossed into the South.*

EDIT: And one might note that Walt's kids -- who are Baby Boomers -- and his grandkids -- who are children of the Baby Boomers -- are a pack of selfish, uninterested pricks. Which is why, in the end, the Gran Torino goes to the Asian kid.

Something of a statement on the fate of the West generally there.

* Clint himself was born in 1930, which if you hold the actor's age to the character's age means Walt Kowalski was 21 when the Korean War broke out. I was both surprised and unsurprised to discover Eastwood in fact was drafted for the Korean War ... but he preferred to never talk about it because he didn't want anyone to think he was any sort of a war hero or a soldier, since unlike the other poor bastards who had to go over and endure one of the toughest military campaigns the US has ever had to fight, Clint served out his military stint as a lifeguard at Fort Ord.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Some boomers will see the light but I remain confident the majority of boomers will remain lost and adrift.

When the Boomers have to choose between a nation that will remain solvent after they die and a nation that will pay out their pensions they wont even blink when they slit the throats of everyone currently under 60 years of age.

Bet.

On.

It.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Trump was elected by older and whiter voters.

Quote:New Republic Wrote:

...The baby boomers also came of age at a moment when the United States was becoming more insular than it had been before. Between 1946 and 1964, the years of the baby boom, the immigrant share of the U.S. population shrank to an all-time low (under 5 percent), and the immigrants who did arrive were largely white Europeans. Growing up in mostly white, segregated suburbs, white baby boomers did not have much interaction with people unlike them. Although baby boomers have been interested in righting domestic wrongs, such as racial discrimination, and bursting glass ceilings, they are now joining seniors in voicing sharp resistance to America’s new racial change. A 2011 Pew Research Center poll shows that only 23 percent of baby boomers and seniors regard the country’s growing population of immigrants as a change for the better and that 42 percent see it as a change for the worse. More than one-half of white baby boomers and seniors said that the growing number of newcomers from other countries represents a threat to traditional U.S. values and customs.

But there's reason to think the current political moment will be short-lived:

Quote:New Republic Wrote:

Five Charts That Show Why a Post-White America Is Already Here
Between 1790 and 1980, whites ranged from 80 to 90 percent of the population.) But whites’ tenure as America’s mainstream population is on the wane, in a demographic sense.

The most recent information from the census and elsewhere shows how quickly the shift is happening. From 2000 to 2010, a decade during which the white population as a whole grew by just 1.2 percent, the number of white children in the United States declined by 4.3 million. Meanwhile the child populations of Hispanics, Asians, and people of two or more races were increasing. In comparative terms, whites constituted just 53 percent of America’s young people (down from nearly 70 percent in 1990) while Hispanics constituted 23 percent (up from just 12 percent). Smaller white populations already are evident in institutions that serve youth, such as elementary and secondary schools, and census projections show the white child population continuing to decline for years to come. White children will become a minority of children under age 18 well before 2020, and, soon thereafter, the white population as a whole is projected to begin to decrease.

https://newrepublic.com/article/120370/f...ready-here

It has been known for a long time that older voters are more likely to turn out to vote.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (11-17-2017 01:08 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

To be honest, we're on the cusp of another wave of American exceptionalism.

Think of America as Rome. We're untouchable. Right now, the Republic has been gamed to kingdom come by mediocre losers. We're going to survive by kicking them out and strengthening the core of what it means to become a mighty empire for another 300 years.

All Trump needs to do is break the career politicians and destroy the Democratic party. So far, he's been on a role by strangling the financial routes of the democrats.

And he's only just begun!

Dude, your fingers to God's eyes! [Image: thumb.gif]