rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is the friendzone even a "thing" at all?

I see all this talk on the internet and other miscellaneous pop culture about being "stuck in the friendzone". I would define being in the friendzone as wanting to bang a girl much more than being her friend, but is friends with and not banging her anyway.

I suspect it's not really a thing. How much you want to bang a girl depends on your T levels. Also how much you can stand annoying chick behavior especially in a friends context also depends on your T levels, but the other way. I know much of the really alpha, chad, lifters have really high T levels and constantly want sex. I also know many guys who are soft/herb/soyboys/BFFs with girls.

I can't really fathom a situation where the high T guy will be "just friends" with a girl he wants to bang in the long run; eventually he will either drive the girl away most of the time with his intensity/spiking/masculinity or the girl would be really attracted. Neither can I imagine a soft dude having enough of a sex drive to want to bang the girl that much, I genuinely think because of his effeminate mindset he actually likes being friends with girls nearly as much, if not more, than banging them. So the "friendzone" isn't really a thing because the guy does not have a high enough sex drive to justify calling it that.

I know my sex drive differs wildly from when I feel flat, unmotivated, masturbate every day, to when I lift weights, stop masturbating for weeks straight, eat healthy, and go out and achieve things. So extrapolating high T guys would want sex even more than me when I want it most and low T guys would want sex even less than me when I want it least. I cannot imagine being high T and putting up with girls' bullshit nor can I imagine being low T and wanting to have sex with girls that much at all.

Friend zone describes any situation where a girl is leeching attention or resources from a guy without the guy getting anything sexual in return much less companionship.

And it's pretty damned common. Hell they even do it to guys they haven't met yet from Tinder to scam dinner dates.

I have seen guy labeled meal ticket 1, 2, etc on a girl's phone which she showed me unprompted and damn is nega game a thing.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (10-17-2017 12:42 AM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

I see all this talk on the internet and other miscellaneous pop culture about being "stuck in the friendzone". I would define being in the friendzone as wanting to bang a girl much more than being her friend, but is friends with and not banging her anyway.

I suspect it's not really a thing. How much you want to bang a girl depends on your T levels. Also how much you can stand annoying chick behavior especially in a friends context also depends on your T levels, but the other way. I know much of the really alpha, chad, lifters have really high T levels and constantly want sex. I also know many guys who are soft/herb/soyboys/BFFs with girls.

I can't really fathom a situation where the high T guy will be "just friends" with a girl he wants to bang in the long run; eventually he will either drive the girl away most of the time with his intensity/spiking/masculinity or the girl would be really attracted. Neither can I imagine a soft dude having enough of a sex drive to want to bang the girl that much, I genuinely think because of his effeminate mindset he actually likes being friends with girls nearly as much, if not more, than banging them. So the "friendzone" isn't really a thing because the guy does not have a high enough sex drive to justify calling it that.

I know my sex drive differs wildly from when I feel flat, unmotivated, masturbate every day, to when I lift weights, stop masturbating for weeks straight, eat healthy, and go out and achieve things. So extrapolating high T guys would want sex even more than me when I want it most and low T guys would want sex even less than me when I want it least. I cannot imagine being high T and putting up with girls' bullshit nor can I imagine being low T and wanting to have sex with girls that much at all.

Yes the "friendzone" is a thing. But its not about a guys desire to bang a girl but rather her lack of desire to fuck him. Girls are the "friendzoner", and the guy that wants to bang her but cant create the necessary attraction to arousal sequence is the "friendzonee"

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (10-17-2017 12:49 AM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Yes the "friendzone" is a thing. But its not about a guys desire to bang a girl but rather her lack of desire to fuck him. Girls are the "friendzoner", and the guy that wants to bang her but cant create the necessary attraction to arousal sequence is the "friendzonee"

The way I was thinking about it is. If a girl doesn't like a guy, then a high T guy generally won't be friends with her for long. But a low T guy would be relatively happy to be friends with her and seems quite content not having sex. Are you implying guys in the friendzone are not content? I don't really probe deep enough to ask guys in that situation if they are or aren't.

I also wonder if it's cultural- it seems Americans have a really strong focus on the idea of "getting laid".

You're way too hung up on high/low T.

Lots of wimpy looking guys have raging libidos. They may not have a good way to satisfy it, but the libido is there.

Quote: (10-17-2017 12:54 AM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

The way I was thinking about it is. If a girl doesn't like a guy, then a high T guy generally won't be friends with her for long. But a low T guy would be relatively happy to be friends with her and seems quite content not having sex. Are you implying guys in the friendzone are not content? I don't really probe deep enough to ask guys in that situation if they are or aren't.

Has nothing or little to do with high or low T. The friendzone is just a moniker for trhe situation where a guy wants to bang a girl but has been unable to elicit the girl's attraction for any number of reasons.

If a guy has plenty of options then he doesn't really give a shit if any particular girl doesnt want to bang him. Girls he isn't banging are basically (in my view) "furniture"

If a guy has limited or no other options and a girl has friendzoned him then yes he's likely to be discontented.

I also wonder if it's cultural- it seems Americans have a really strong focus on the idea of "getting laid".

Have you had your T levels checked?

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

It does exist but it is more prevalent with younger men.

Partly because men begin as romantics and end as realists while the reverse happens to women. Also it is an overflow of the sheer amount of attention that young women receive when they are arguably their most poor and least able.

As I have aged, I noticed that the "pussy or bust" attitude that I had in my PUA days which was designed to either get me laid or kicked off the friends list, actually cost me lays. I should have gone on that third date and been more patient.

The internal key is that a man who has options doesn't mind the friends list risk as even the whiff of a man who has options is enough to trigger jealousy.

I think that the friend-zone may have been a pre-smartphone phenomena. I was certainly friend-zoned during the college phase of my life, but that was back when cellphones were new, but they couldn't do much more than call and text.

The friendzone involves women trading the possibility to sex eventually happening for free attention.

With the advent of the smartphone era, women don't need to presence of a supplicating male to get attention.

I'm not arguing that guys aren't still being friend-zoned, but I'm guessing that it's less prevalent now, as women have less to gain from it.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (10-17-2017 01:58 AM)Suits Wrote:  

I think that the friend-zone may have been a pre-smartphone phenomena. I was certainly friend-zoned during the college phase of my life, but that was back when cellphones were new, but they couldn't do much more than call and text.

The friendzone involves women trading the possibility to sex eventually happening for free attention.

With the advent of the smartphone era, women don't need to presence of a supplicating male to get attention.

I'm not arguing that guys aren't still being friend-zoned, but I'm guessing that it's less prevalent now, as women have less to gain from it.
Agreed its kind of an issue of the past that still exists but isn't as common. I don't agree that social media and smart phones are the driving factor though.

I think most dudes have smartened up a bit and are aware to. I'm not talking everybodies hand selected examples of lib tards but normal guys.
Everyone knows its a thing and if you get caught in the friend zone you're pretty much fucked.

Girls are also sluttier and posing as friends can be an entry point that covers this up when talking about social circle,and party scene type chicks.

When you narrow it down to hot girls who don't have disgusting overweight figures most of these chick are fucking with a select number of dudes.Often times guys and girls can be friends but its not like the friend zone type thing because the guy already has options,enjoys the company of said girl,and/or gains access to social groups through her. Everythings so lose that even in such cases that doesn't mean they wouldn't have sex.

I remember the friend zone was mostly a product of being 'forced' to spend time with somebody ie in school or a shitty part time job. The guy wants to get with her but things don't pan out so now he's forced to be around this girl he likes but not be able to do anything because he's been friend zoned so they play friends.
I could hardly imagine someone stepping to your local blonde,number closing,getting rejected,and being stuck in the friend zone....

What you describe is a classic friendzone where a guy is attracted to a girl more than she is to him so he's friends with her and plays nice in hope to get some eventually.

There is also different friendzone called friends with benefits. It's when you are both attracted to each other and have sex occasionally for fun but you both stay cool and unattached to each other like friends. Happens mostly in college. Some guys surround themselves with girls party with them and try to bang them all but in fun way only no romance (no 1 on 1 dates no flowers no holding hands etc). Officially they are all friends and nobody can tell what's between them.

Question.. why regular orgasms (however achieved) make you feel flat unmotivated etc?

Currently, for me the biggest fear is ending up in the "player zone" where I'm so damn irresistible that girls literally steal my phone just to get their hands on my number.

I'm the King of Beijing!

On my part I can't stand to be with a woman for more than 5 minutes unless I'm attracted to her, started seduction, and on my way to banging her. I feel that's what makes an alpha with women - some guys can stand to be around them and some can't - those who can will run the low risk/low reward friend strategy to try to bed them. They put themselves in the friendzone. Those who can't will figure out how to charm girls to get action fast; with the more you hate spending time with them, the more work putting in to perfect your natural talent.

As far as it costing you lays... if you're good looking and can make a girl have fun, it won't. The only time I would recommend taking it slow is if she's a virgin and you intend to marry her.

Oh, it's a thing alright...

To OP:

Diminishing the relevance of the friendzone is a great way to a) stay there and b) not get laid.

Be careful about over analyzing.

Quote: (10-17-2017 06:32 AM)Cobra Wrote:  

To OP:

Diminishing the relevance of the friendzone is a great way to a) stay there and b) not get laid.

I don't think he's over analyzing. He's got it right. If he likes being in the friendzone of a girl he's really into then so be it. I've known average guys that have gotten really hot girlfriends after being friends with them for years - now that's what you call long game (or beta feeble man game lol). Some girls are like that and if you're a low T man, then perhaps it's not such a bad idea.

But OP don't do mental gymnastics - you're in the friendzone. Don't be ashamed of who you are, as long as you enjoy it.

Translation after being pumped and dumped the girl nearing the wall settles with her long time beta bucks. Not a good strategy.

Friendzone is definitely a thing. It's a long game strategy by thirsty guys who hope to get pussy. It usually results in more failure than success. Women probably aren't even doing it on purpose, they just 'don't see you that way' but of course they'll never tell you that. Why would they? You're giving them attention (and God forbid, money). They are in complete frame control of the friendship. Their pussy is dangled in front of you like a carrot.

One solution is don't be friends with girls (unless you're using them to get close to their hotter friends). What does a woman bring to a friendship that a man does not? I can't think of anything. I have plenty of guy friends and we have a fun enough time playing cards, watching sports, drinking, chasing females, etc. Having female friends brings nothing of value to me.

Their are millions of women out in the world. Why waste your precious time listening to her bitch about Chad and how big of a jerk he is?

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Quote: (10-17-2017 01:58 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Der Ewige Friendzone

Instagram, snapchat, Facebook, ect, has made the friendzone of yesterday a near universal phenomenon. The difference is in the current year, the chick doesn't even need to stomach being around the orbiters in the physical world and can actually quanitify their simpery via numbers of likes, follows, ect.

Add to that the fact that most attractive bitches with a willingness to attention whore (that is to say, most of them) can easily accrue said followings of thirsty beta simps whom they digitally friendzone.

The friendzone didn't go away...just changed forms.

So in other words, OP, yes it's "a thing".*

*Use of this phrasing is so very soy by the way.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

We've all met some bitch's personal Ser Jorah while breaking it off in her asshole.

[Image: jorah-friendzone-memes-08.jpg]

It's the logical conclusion of broken blue pill thinking. If becoming a subservient provider is the way to keep a woman who is interested, then it's also the way to convert a woman who isn't interested.

Does. Not. Work. Women trade in male attention because it satisfies their primal need to know that they can convince someone to give them food and shelter. If she's getting that attention for free, she has no reason to try harder.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Question.

Has anyone gotten into a woman's friendzone and gotten good enough friends (rather than her just using you as an emotional tampon) where she's hooked you up with one of HER friends?

As much as she might want to help, the odds would probably be against it because if she doesn't see you as good enough she might have a hard time convincing her friends you are. So if she did hand you off to a friend it would probably be someone really desperate.

But I'd like to hear people's stories (if any) on this front.

Quote: (10-17-2017 12:42 AM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

You're first problem is you are categorizing men as "High T/Low T level guys" that's bitch shit. Sure your levels matter but you also have a mind, the faculty to make rational decisions

Quote: (10-17-2017 06:56 AM)Striking Wrote:  

Quote: (10-17-2017 06:32 AM)Cobra Wrote:  

To OP:

I don't think he's over analyzing. He's got it right. If he likes being in the friendzone of a girl he's really into then so be it. I've known average guys that have gotten really hot girlfriends after being friends with them for years - now that's what you call long game (or beta feeble man game lol). Some girls are like that and if you're a low T man, then perhaps it's not such a bad idea.

But OP don't do mental gymnastics - you're in the friendzone. Don't be ashamed of who you are, as long as you enjoy it.

So how many of these "average guys" that "have gotten really hot really hot girlfriends" by hanging around with them as friends for years have you known exactly? I cant recall a single time thats happened ...except in some cheesy Hollywood movies

Personally I dont think hanging around watching while a girl youre attracted to enjoys the cockathon for years waiting for her in the hopes she decides its your turn to get some of that 100k mile pussy is a strategy Id endorse. But thats just me

Joseph Campbell

No men who don't have dignity, (at least don't have esteem in their sexual value) will lay around in the weeds and try to friendship their way into pussy. If they are really a beta bitch, they will be content with being "friends" because they don't want to "lose" her but this is all evasion of the mind. They are lying to themselves. Because they get some attention from this girl and because they like her so much they will settle for just that but it eats them up on the inside. Has nothing to do with low T levels, maybe higher ones will make you a bit more bold but the shit starts with the mind. Men who don't have a lot of confidence don't understand how to escalate with a woman, they skip the attraction part and go right to "comfort" and they mistake the woman's positive reaction to this as a sign of mutual attraction, then sometimes when they go for the kill (seduction) the woman will be freaked out because the emotional indicator she get's is similar to if her brother (someone she like's but is not sexually attracted to) had tried to hit on her. But in most instances these dudes will just be her friend and not want to "ruin" the friendship, like I said before. Especially if its someone they met through mutual friends, school, work etc, its almost like the person is intertwined with their life and they feel it would be "immoral" to make sexual advances with this NOBLE person.

Quote: (10-17-2017 10:43 AM)Grizwald1400 Wrote:  

No men who don't have dignity, (at least don't have esteem in their sexual value) will lay around in the weeds and try to friendship their way into pussy. If they are really a beta bitch, they will be content with being "friends" because they don't want to "lose" her but this is all evasion of the mind. They are lying to themselves. Because they get some attention from this girl and because they like her so much they will settle for just that but it eats them up on the inside. Has nothing to do with low T levels, maybe higher ones will make you a bit more bold but the shit starts with the mind. Men who don't have a lot of confidence don't understand how to escalate with a woman, they skip the attraction part and go right to "comfort" and they mistake the woman's positive reaction to this as a sign of mutual attraction, then sometimes when they go for the kill (seduction) the woman will be freaked out because the emotional indicator she get's is similar to if her brother (someone she like's but is not sexually attracted to) had tried to hit on her. But in most instances these dudes will just be her friend and not want to "ruin" the friendship, like I said before. Especially if its someone they met through mutual friends, school, work etc, its almost like the person is intertwined with their life and they feel it would be "immoral" to make sexual advances with this NOBLE person.

[Image: clap.gif]

Welcome Grizwald....refreshing to see a new member that isnt a troll and gets it

Joseph Campbell

This T-level stuff is really cringe. Testosterone isn't game.