rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When did you first realise that you were ageing?

Was it an injury, worse hangover, lower sex drive, physical bodily thing or something else? For me, it was when I realised that I was going bald. Luckily though I'm still very young and still feel like I'm growing up in many other ways.

At one point last year I was fighting psoriasis and low T, at the same time.

Browsing forums for both was incredibly depressing. I'm young enough that the symptoms don't affect me that much, but I can't say the same for others. Those ailments have crushed people's lives, and shattered countless dreams.

I realized that could very easily be me. Psoriasis gets so bad some people have arthritis and can't exercise, and are ashamed to be shirtless in public because of their sores. Even though these people aren't "dead," they really aren't "living."

Life suddenly became very finite.

That's when I decided that wasn't going to be me. I was going to do as much as I could before psoriasis, hormones, or ANY sickness/disease made life inoperable.

Even if one day I wake up and can't move - I want to be able to look back and my life and say "yeah...I did that shit."

At this point in time I'm 99% clear of psoriasis, my test is in the 600's, and I left my soul sucking career. Things are working out pretty well, but could end any moment. Really gives you perspective.

You will wake up one day and be unable to to bang hot chicks. Either your dick will be broken, you won't be able to walk, or your skin will be so wrinkly no girl under 40 will talk to you. That's why every piece of pussy I pull, I smash like I just got off 10 years in federal penitentiary.

I highly recommend MikeCF's articles about Red Skin Syndrome.

https://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/08/11...-syndrome/

https://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/06/30/survive-hell/

Age ain't nothing but a number.... an jail aint nothing but a thing
[Image: youre-only-old-you-feel-happy-dirty-old-...557951.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I knew I was aging when I was in my teenagers. I never hanged out with my peers. I spent my youth speaking to my elders. I learned nothing but a series of lives full of frustration, anger, sorrow and regret.

When I saw some re-runs of early Baywatch recently. I contemplated that when the programme was made, if I'd been given a part, it would have been as one of the lifeguards. Now, I wouldn't even have played Mitch, but Mitch's boss.

Starting balding - which happened in my 20s - wasn't a factor, I just shaved it off or trimmed it down. But I would say the feeling of getting older hit me a few years ago in my late 30s when my shoulders and elbows started bothering me consistently enough that I switched from the gym to primarily calisthenics, and a year later when my body started not caring at all for some of the foods - of varying nutritional quality - I had enjoyed all my life.
On the plus side now I feel better again and I'm down below 12% body fat for the first time in 15 years, and also in better cardio shape than the last several years.

When i could no longer handle the kind of drinking I did when I was in my 20's I realized I was finally aging. I'm 36, very vibrant and healthy, but I hardly ever drink at all. If I do, it's in social settings with 1-2 drinks max for the night. In my party days, it was 10-12 drinks a night, sometimes more on unique occasions [Image: banana.gif] Still, lots of good times to live, but nothing like the way it used to be.

Quote: (10-10-2017 09:15 AM)the-dream Wrote:  

Was it an injury, worse hangover, lower sex drive, physical bodily thing or something else? For me, it was when I realised that I was going bald. Luckily though I'm still very young and still feel like I'm growing up in many other ways.

OP – Looks like I should come visit you in Southeast Asia! You’ve got some great stuff posted out there.

I read your question and had a slightly different take on it…

Over the summer, a younger forum member shared with me that younger girls even here in the good old U.S. of A. have this fetish for older guys. He and I were hangin’ out, just shootin’ the sh*t, and getting to know each other, along with a few others.

Now, this guy happens to be in college, dresses well, frequents club life, is well travelled, and is well read. He’s literally more than 20-years my junior, but I distinctly remember thinking in that moment, ‘Yeah right, Justforfun… What does He know? When are you ‘gonna pull a 20-something-year-old unless you go overseas? That doesn’t happen here in the U.S.’

I’ll happily chalk that initial reaction to either my own arrogance ('what does a young guy like Him know?'), (then) limiting beliefs, or overall (comparative) lack of experience compared to certain others who may have a lot more notches than me.

Whatever… What He said stuck in my head.

Fast-forward to about a month or so later, well low and behold, I pull a gal who is 14-years younger than me. Was a cheerleader in high school, teaches Zumba, runs half-marathons, does yoga, enjoys going to the range with me, high-energy little hottie with an attitude to match. No drug problems, no daddy issues, just 100% American Grade A.

Side note; I could give a rat’s ass about how many guys she’s been with… It just happens to be my turn for a while right now. I aint’ lookin’ to have kids and get married.

So this gal looks up at me post-coitus some weeks ago and says sweetly, ‘Know what I appreciate about you Justforfun? You dress well, you know how to walk into a room and know how to quietly command respect without being loud and obnoxious…, You know how to have a meaningful conversation without dominating it, You don’t text me constantly, you don’t ask where I am all the time or who I am with… I ‘guess that’s ‘cause you are much older. I ‘guess it’s true what they say about men ageing like good wine. I like that, but I better keep you away from my friends.’

That’s when I knew I was ageing… And I am going to be comfortable as hell with it.

"Civilization is man's project, man is woman's." - Illimitable Man, Maxim #104

Posting from somewhere close to the confluence of the Police State, the Entertainment Industry, and the New World Order.

Finding first white hair at 23. But its been one a year thankfully. Seen a few in my beard. Libido been done since 24. Now 3 yrs later its one shot and done.
Think nofap might be needed. Way to early for this

A few things did me in:

Noticed my energy level drop. I didn't feel as quick witted before. I started getting multiple day hangovers from drinking. A night of heavy partying required 3 days of recovery to get back to normal.

I became far less interested in sex and more interested in my hobbies much to the chagrin of every women i've been with until my marriage.

The final nail in the coffin of the invincibility of youth was when I walked the finish line during the Boston Marathon in 2013 about an hour before the bombs went off.

Shit woke me up really fast.

When I started growing pubic hair.

I'm the King of Beijing!

About ten minutes ago.

Got up to take a dump and fell right over. Couldn't figure out why. Barely managed to keep from a bad spill by doing an emergency tricep dip on my desk, which nearly tipped over with me. When I tried to get back up, I put weight on my left leg and went down again.

It was so asleep, I couldn't even tell that it was asleep.

This is not something that would have happened to me at 20.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Age 40: dry skin (forearms)

Playing basketball. A guy with young legs can be tough to guard at 35.

When I was 18 I tried playing with action figures and couldn't do it. Could not take myself seriously even though I was 100% alone.

It was at this exact moment I had realized a huge part of the imaginative part of my brain had been sort of outgrown. Matured-away.

Im 27 so my experience is quite limited still but here goes.

22 when suddenly my metabolism slowed, I was actually putting on weight somehow and I had to drastically alter my diet, it was the first time in my life i had to pay attention to what I was eating. Since then lots of small things arise that remind me I aint what I use to be, first white hair, lapses in memory, less tolerance to alcohol (i dont even drink more than half a pint of beer anymore, cba), more sensitive to caffeine, more recovery time needed while training etc etc...

One of the most annoying things that is bothering me currently is the amount of problems i am having with using my fingers. Most likely due to powerlifting and then gymnastics (handstands and rings), I find it harder to type, i get aches at various joints of them and they are sometimes momentarily unresponsive. Nothing big yet but it is something I notice often and I dont like the direction it is possibly heading.

You`re not old until the day you have more hair on your balls than your head!

On a serious note though, pretty much all of the health issues I had vanished very soon
after I adopted a Paleo/Low carb diet, and restricted caffeine to a couple a cups a week.
(I never got into alcohol in the first place.)
I really think it`s the only way to go diet wise, especially when you get a bit older.
I`m 37 now but I feel much better than when I was 25.

The best Paleo/LC primer I`ve come across;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzcOz38FjaU&t=14s

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

A couple years ago.

I spent my teens playing sports and my 20s working 80 hours a week doing telecom construction as well as lifting weights, and going out and banging chicks.

I am sore and creaky.

When I got my first renegade eyebrow hair.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Renegade ear hair. Just one. All thick and nasty curly. I pull that shot out and look at every so often like omg don’t let me get my old man’s ear hair.

I aged a little too early by losing hair at 15 and having to be the man of the house after my dad died at 17.

One time in my fast food working days, a group of teens were storming the place I worked at and was 20, I wanted to take a cane out and whack them with it for being so rude.

Pains happening more after working out in my 30s.

When I knew the meaning of "anxiety/stress/depression"...

Before that, I used to think only unlucky people felt those things. It was foreign to me. This is when life got a little tough and the symptoms quickly began to show:

- hair thinning
- pimples again
- developed a sense of empathy
- spent too much time on webmd looking up make-believe problems

Age 28.

Could no longer drink as much and wake up the next day feeling full of energy.
Morning wood is no longer every morning unless I practice nofap like a monk.
It runs in my family, but hair less is a big one. Started when I was 23 or so and now I just shave my head.
Your standard increase of existential thoughts, mild depression, that sort of thing.
Assuming your zest for life starts out at 100% and begins to drop as you grow older, I'd say I'm between 70-80%, depending on the day.

I absolutely NEED more sleep now as I did to my teenage years (back then just 4-6) Now at the very least 6 and a half and some days seven.

Growth Over Everything Else.

A few grey hairs here and there, t-levels dropped (might be genetic though, TRT has helped a lot) and finally reaching age 34 where I can actually put on a little bit of weight after being rail skinny all throughout my high school and post-college years. Thankfully, my health is in good shape otherwise.

Quote:Quote:

Playing basketball. A guy with young legs can be tough to guard at 35.

Yup, a young kid with good speed and hops can be a pain to guard, which is why you have to depend more upon instinct at this age than pure speed.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein