rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is your typing speed?

My typing speed seems to be increasing with age. I took a 2-minute test at Typing Test with the Wizard Of Oz sample. My results were off the scale.

[Image: attachment.jpg37506]   

[Image: ansaaDO.gif]

For being a writer, being able to type fast ensures that I can type as quickly as thoughts come into my brain with little lag.

My typing in my native language (Spanish) is quite average

[Image: attachment.jpg37507]   

http://www.typingtest.com/result.html?ac...3&hits=524

91 WPM. I guess I'm pro!

I did good, but I did it on a laptop keyboard.

[Image: attachment.jpg37508]   

Put me on a mechanical keyboard and I'll be off the charts.

Typing speed is important so you don't waste time writing. My style is to collect my thoughts over a long period of time, then write it all out at once. Sorta like taking a poop, except faster.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

[Image: attachment.jpg37509]   

I took a typing test years ago and came to about 60 wpm.

Self taught too. Probably why I can't go any faster!

I should take a typing class and learn how to type correctly. Still hunt and peck with my right hand.

Just took the test. Typing speed 83, wpm, adjusted with errors, 73 wpm.

Damn Roosh, you have mad keyboard fingers. 100+ WPM is certainly professional-grade typing!

[Image: clap2.gif]

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (09-08-2017 12:31 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

Damn Roosh, you have mad keyboard fingers. 100+ WPM is certainly professional-grade typing!

I like to thank a strong and independent black woman, Mavis Beacon, for teaching me how to type.

[Image: attachment.jpg37510]   

Haha, I used Mavis for a spell back in the day. Macintosh Performa with 25 mhz processor and 8 mb of RAM! [Image: biggrin.gif]

My first typing program was thanks to an Italian plumber, who no doubt kept the Strong Independent Black Woman down:

[Image: mario-teaches-typing_1.gif]

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

My corrected speed was only 53 wpm. I normally backspace and correct errors as I go, but I was hurrying and ended up with 3 errors. I'm surprised it wasn't faster. I my defense, I work on a number of different computers, and they all have different keyboards, so I constantly am having to get my fingers to adjust to slightly different keyboard spacing. I bet if I used the same keyboard exclusively as I think most people do, I'd squeeze out an extra 5 wpm or so.

I have to say that Roosh's rate is amazing. Anything over 100 has always been recognized as very high.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

I should have listened to Mavis when I was younger. Trusting those bastards Houghton and Miflin got me nowhere with their Oregon trail.

My typing test score was some pitiful I don't want to share it. Way too many mistakes.

Edit: SO pitiful not some pitiful, but you see my point.

Aloha!

I'm much faster typing my own thoughts than copying from a page. Only got 35 on the test.

Quote: (09-08-2017 12:33 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (09-08-2017 12:31 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

I like to thank a strong and independent black woman, Mavis Beacon, for teaching me how to type.

She would have been on the $100 bill by now had Hillary won.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

[Image: fecf0fb238.png]

Being a programmer by profession probably helps. [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

81 WPM, adjusted speed 75 WPM.

Just think, this is what women in the 50's would talk about at their secretarial jobs.

I scored 50. On another test a while back I think I got 60. But I think I'm faster. It's just that when you have to keep looking up to see what to type, it slows you down, but when you know what to type because it's in your head or you're listening to it, I'm pretty fast even though I don't type in the conventional way.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mavis_Be...character)

Turns out Mavis Beacon is completely invented out of thin air. All along I thought she was a real typing teacher.

[Image: mindblown.gif]

[Image: lKEtrjO.jpg]

Despite using the computer a lot most days, I haven't improved much since the end of high school.

Can't get more than 60. I assume those of you with really fast speeds use the five finger system? I can actually write without looking but I make too many mistakes and doesn't have like a system for which keys to hit with which fingers.

Read it and weep, betas.

[Image: lvgVbqJ.png]

I thought reflexes start waning after age 25... but maybe not. I took a similar test in 2010 and I was averaging 55-65 wpm, 70 at absolute best.

I think I nailed it guys.

[Image: 35JVndf.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

When I realised around 19 or so, that my day job was going to involve typing a lot of reports, I took a night course in shorthand and touch-typing. This was when electric typewriters were still being used. Since I sometimes fantasized about being a writer, I figured the skill might come in handy. *

To meet Australian Accreditation, the test needs to be five minutes to account for concentration fatigue, and anything less than 98% accuracy is considered a Fail, meaning you have to sit the test again and pay the testing fee (currently $110). Obviously, online tests don't count.

Back then, I think I was about 83 wpm, with 99.3% accuracy. You only needed to pass 25 wpm to enter the Police Force.

------------

* I was sorting through some old boxes when packing up my house recently and found some old novels. I'm too embarrassed to read them. One of them seems to be a 300 page, single-spaced 8 pt Amiga word-processed zombie novel that begins with someone getting their jaw ripped off via zombies on a motorbike, and I can only assume it goes downhill from there.

I've noticeda that as I getg oledr I can cetrainly teype faster but at teh cost of accurcay

Quote: (09-09-2017 02:27 AM)Suits Wrote:  

I think I nailed it guys.

[Image: 35JVndf.jpg]

El Mechanico still has yet to take the test.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.