rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Stop Hangovers?

How to Stop Hangovers?

I'm noticing my hangovers are lasting longer and longer.

Any tips for reducing hangovers?

How to Stop Hangovers?

Don't drink.

I'm the King of Beijing!

How to Stop Hangovers?

Don't get old.

How to Stop Hangovers?

Avoid cheap booze

How to Stop Hangovers?

A good rule is to take 1 glass of soda between each other drink. Ideally, soda with lime and salt. This will significantly cut your level of drunkenness though, but it works.

Another, last resort option, is to purchase electrolytes and to drink 1 liter exactly before going to sleep. Before, not when you wake up, or else you will begin to dehydrate asleep.

How to Stop Hangovers?

Couple advils, and a couple glasses of fresh orange juice. Then grab a bowl of hot soup. Be good to go in no time.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

How to Stop Hangovers?

Eat half a raw potato before you go to bed.

Aloha!

How to Stop Hangovers?

Quote: (09-03-2017 10:14 PM)Ternarydemonite Wrote:  

A good rule is to take 1 glass of soda between each other drink. Ideally, soda with lime and salt. This will significantly cut your level of drunkenness though, but it works.

Another, last resort option, is to purchase electrolytes and to drink 1 liter exactly before going to sleep. Before, not when you wake up, or else you will begin to dehydrate asleep.

This is stuff we tell women so they drink more.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

How to Stop Hangovers?

don't drink green tea before sleeping after a night out.

How to Stop Hangovers?

WestCoast's blog suggested chlorella in high doses. After trying it a few years ago, I've decided to stick with a bottle of pedialyte and alkaseltzer tabs in consistent h2o with a protein-heavy meal the day after. I don't need to utilize that formula much these days, fortunately.

It seems that very rapid consumption the night of is the culprit. Chemically, no correlation exists between types of alcohol and the way your body responds to it (as far as I know) but depending on what you've been doing and eating leading up to your night of drinking, you might experience different reactions. Since most people who go out and get hammered don't do it with scientific regularity, the idea that certain shit affects them differently arises but doesn't have a basis in reality.

That said, fuck jager and grandma, that shit makes me black out walking and car bombs make me start fights.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

How to Stop Hangovers?

Drink 2 pedialites mixed with Gatorlytes in each

follow that down with a few glasses of water

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

How to Stop Hangovers?

5.000mg vitamin C before going to bed.

8000mg in the morning.
Double or triple dose of high-potency Multivitamin in the morning and eat something.

Drink a lot and take vitamin C pure.

How to Stop Hangovers?

Quote: (09-04-2017 11:14 AM)Mufasa Wrote:  

Drink 2 pedialites mixed with Gatorlytes in each

follow that down with a few glasses of water

This is good and it's along the lines of what I used to do when I drank a lot which is:

1 large gatorade before bed + 1 banana.

Good ole electrolytes and potassium

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

How to Stop Hangovers?

It's largely dependent on what you're drinking.

I can get a hangover after only a few beers, but give me clear alcohol like vodka and I pull up just fine.

Drink clear drinks, have a few waters and maybe a berocca, and your hangover is going to be greatly reduced.

How to Stop Hangovers?

"Gatorlyte"?

Are you people wizards? In my single days all I had was a 2:00 pm breakfast at Denny's once I finally stopped throwing up long enough to take a shower. The future is outstanding.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

How to Stop Hangovers?

If you are very drunk and have been drinking up until you are about to sleep, go to the restroom stick your finger in your mouth and throw up. Then eat something very light like a banana or some bread, drink a glass or two of milk and you will sleep like a baby. When you do wake up all hungover, feeling cottonmouth and dehydrated the best remedy is another few beers. Trust me it works every time.

How to Stop Hangovers?

Ask Gmanifesto. He drinks at least fifteen cocktails a night, pops a couple bottles of champagne, has a five-way with European models until they all fall asleep around 8 am, then he wakes up a few hours earlier than that at 4 am to go surfing and hit the boxing gym, chain-smoking the entire time.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

How to Stop Hangovers?

I have had great success avoiding the headache portion of a hangover, though I still feel groggy, fatigued, hazy the next day. Avoiding the headache is all about hydration. sometimes I drink a lot of water before I go out and while I am out, but every night I've had more than a handful drinks I spend the 30-45 min before I lay down to sleep downing water. I usually take in between 40-80 oz. depending on how much of a rush I am in to get to sleep/how many drinks I've had. I'm also approx 225 lbs. so most guy probably won't need so much (or drink as much booze to begin with).

I on my final seven days of a Europe tour and I wake up ready for action everyday. In Amsterdam my buddies were laughing at me for this but I was the only one ready to get on the bike everyday we were there - and we went hard every night. Anyway, it may seem like overkill, or even silly, but trading 45 minutes drinking water so you have 0 headache hours the next day is a no-brainer in my book.

How to Stop Hangovers?

Alternate hot coffee and cold water in the morning.

or

Eat red meat while drinking. Start at the first drink though, or it will not go well for you.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

How to Stop Hangovers?

I don't get hangovers, so probably not the best one to reply, but in general drinking a lot of water has made me feel a lot more fresh overall. I normally drink about 5L per day, and I think I can sleep about an hour less a night as a result. It's hard to ease into, but once you get there you feel the benefits, and I have to imagine being extremely hydrated helps with hangovers.

How to Stop Hangovers?

Quote: (09-04-2017 11:15 PM)Fitzgerald Wrote:  

Ask Gmanifesto. He drinks at least fifteen cocktails a night, pops a couple bottles of champagne, has a five-way with European models until they all fall asleep around 8 am, then he wakes up a few hours earlier than that at 4 am to go surfing and hit the boxing gym, chain-smoking the entire time.

Sprezzatura.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

How to Stop Hangovers?

Quote: (09-04-2017 11:15 PM)Fitzgerald Wrote:  

He doesn't age though he's still in his mid thirties so he's good.

How to Stop Hangovers?

Drink a lot of water before going to bed.
Or recently I found some pills which help against hangover and supports your body with stuff you are lacking after drinking.

"Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

How to Stop Hangovers?

Stay Drunk

But seriously drink everyday...Health Canada suggests 3 beers everyday (for a guy) is beneficial along with a healthy diet/fitness/plenty of water e.t.c

Drinking daily trains your body to deal with alcohol. When you go out drink your normal drinks and throw in 5 or so more.....drink a few glasses of water before you pass out

If your getting smashed when you go out...then I got nothing for ya.....nor are you getting laid (I assume) and probably not getting it up...(LMAO)

Limit how much you smoke (if you do) when you go out. Some peeps have told me heavy smoking while drinking makes hangovers worse. (along with pot and drugs)

and oh yes...Some scientists did a study (long story short) they gave a placebo drink to a group and told them it was booze .....naturally the group acted drunk ....and were shocked later when told that hadn't been givin booze (funny)

..the moral of the story...watch what you tell yourself...if you start thinking your going to have hangovers....you'll probably get them!

How to Stop Hangovers?

Quote: (09-05-2017 02:17 PM)tomzestatlu Wrote:  

Drink a lot of water before going to bed.
Or recently I found some pills which help against hangover and supports your body with stuff you are lacking after drinking.

Yup once you have the hangover its too late. A hangover is due to your brain being dehydrated, and drinking fluids the next day isn't immediate because it still takes time for your body to process the fluids and rehydrate all of your body.

What you can do is the last few drinks of the night, order a water with each. Don't have another drink until you also finish the water. Then jug more water before you go to sleep, and eat some carbs to soak the alcohol up.