rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tomorrowland 2017 Datasheet + My Experience

Well.. I was not planning to write any datasheet but I will do so since I have had an amazing experience on this festival and I think it deserves its own thread.

General Info:
As everybody knows, Tomorrowland is the biggest EDM Festival nowadays. It started in 2005, where 9.000 people attended. 2017 edition held 400.000 people. It also had the USA and Brazil Versions, which are now suspended.
The festival occurs in Boom, Antwerp. It has a huge camping site near to the festival itself.

Tickets:
Tickets are really hard to get. One may pre-regist in the minute that the site opens it, and it is still difficult to get. Once you did this, you get your own link to buy. A couple of weeks later, that buying link will be available. Normally, the site crashes, and only a few lucky ones per country can buy the ticket. If you prefer to buy the Global Journey pack, you will get a different buying channel, which does not sell out that fast. Regular 3-day Ticket + camping: around 400 Eur / Global Journey Pack: from 950 Eur.
Global Journey pack includes Flights from many airports around the globe and shuttles to Boom, besides of the tickets and camping. It can also include camping material.
If you don't buy GJpack, you must book your own flights, perhaps to Paris, Brussels or Eindhoven/Amsterdan, and then get a train / bus to Boom.

Camping:
The Camping site of TL is called Dreamville. It is divided in several zones, depending on which ticket you bought. It has many facilities, like the obvious WC, outside common showers and nside private ones (payed), bars, fast food restaurants, Lidl Supermarket, Hair saloon, volleyball, tenis and football (soccer for American fellows [Image: banana.gif]) fields, hangover areas, gardens, trampolim area, etc. It is easy to get your tent space once you get there (there is staff guiding you to the available areas). Since you prepare your new home, you start to get along with your neighbours. Everyone there is nice and happy, you don't see any fights or discussions. Concerts end at 01:00 a.m., but there is still music playing in the tents until 04:00, or so so. It is cold at night, and hot during the day. When you wake up, you will see drunk people already, music already, etc. From Dreamville to Tomorrowland it takes a 20 minute walk, perfect for finish the drinks and other stuff. (since you can't enter the TL area with any drinks or food, and it is risky to enter with drugs due to huge amount of disguised police and security). In Dreamville you can't bring any glass, just plastic bottles.

Music/Stages/Performances
Absolutly fantastic. The decorations are fenomenal, the rhythm is frenetic, the energy and the vibe are amazing. Every stage is dedicated to a different style of EDM, but the artists still randomize it a lot. The mainstage was the more commercial one, but still great. I will not describe the concerts neither the names, since they are available online in youtube or TL website

Girls
Well, I guess I will never be in an event with so tremendous quality like this one. The girls are beautiful, it looks like the Eurovision contest, where you do the trials on your country, the best samples are elected and sent to the festival. Also, the competition there is low, since many dudes are in the vibe of enjoying the music. The girls have their defenses low, they are not expecting to be approached and like it when it happens. The girls in photos and videos of this festival, which you may think are just for the video/photo and to promote, aren't fake, they are real, and they like to be fucked.

My experience
We buy the ticket from an adress of Angola, and we were 3 Portuguese guys and 1 Brazilian. We booked a flight to Paris Orly, a train from Gare Du Nord to Brussels (almost missed it since the flight delayed !!), and then, spent the first night in Brussels. Went for beers to Delirium Café, which was surprisingly good. Collected a few numbers from people who would be at the festival (never seen them, it is impossible to find anybody due to the dimension of TL). Made out with a drunk brazilian girl.
Second day, caught the train to Boom and checked in in the dreamville. Went to The Gathering, the opening concert in the Dreamville itself. The for of us were getting drunk, the brazilian guy was sick with a flew and went to sleep early. I lost the others and collected a few kisses (Indian, Belgium, American if i recall). Then, sticked with a Finish one and manage to fuck her in my new tent.
Second night on the festival, first of tomorrowland concerts, third on the trip: got wasted early, lost my friends, spent the night with mexican people, who took me to my tent since I cant find it.
Third day of festival, second of TL, fourth on the trip: we did MDMA, got crazy on the concerts, and collecting kisses from everybody, we reached like 9/10 make outs each. But we did not want to get separated, so we sticked together all the time, enjoying the music and the friendship and harmony vibe. well, the theme of the festival was Amicorum which is Friendship in latin.
last night: MDMA again, harmony again all night, then 2 friends of mine suceded with kisses from the night before, I didn't [Image: sad.gif].
Last day: went back to Lisbon, the Brussels Zavantem Airport had DJ and drunk/high people, it was funny to watch.

Conclusion
It's useless to approach girls just to get contacts, just go all the way in.
Don't spend the entire festival gaming, enjoy also your friends and the amazing concerts. Tottaly worth it!!

Kinda same conclusion in the thread about Ultra. Music fests aren't great for pickup. More for going with a big group of friends, getting high as a kite, enjoying the anarchy and music.

Quote: (08-02-2017 08:28 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

Kinda same conclusion in the thread about Ultra. Music fests aren't great for pickup. More for going with a big group of friends, getting high as a kite, enjoying the anarchy and music.

Well, that was not my point.. The girls respond great to approaches because they are not expecting that. I succeded, but my point is: Divide your time in gaming, harmony with friends, harmony with sound, and it will be a blast

Did you bang any at all?

Quote: (08-02-2017 10:59 AM)Rossi Wrote:  

Did you bang any at all?

Read the "my experience" part.

Quote: (08-02-2017 11:06 AM)goncalo999 Wrote:  

Did you bang any at all?

Soft. This is an exact replica story I heard from a renter of mine who went to The Playboy Mansion and chose getting Shitfaced over Poose.

Did you bang any at all?

My bad. I missed it.

What about your friends? Did they bang any? What about concert tickets? How much were they?

Quote: (08-02-2017 11:52 AM)Rossi Wrote:  

Did you bang any at all?

My bad. I missed it.

What about your friends? Did they bang any? What about concert tickets? How much were they?

The prices are explicited in the "tickets" paragraph, but there are actually more options, like just buying one-day entrance, a 3-day pass without camping, etc. The part about my friends getting laid is written in "my experience".. But actually, that line I understand that i was not clear.. When i said that they succeded with kisses from the night before, I meant they fucked girls that they made out with the night before. Sorry, I wrote this thread on a rush

Good trip report! It sounds like you did well, mixing one night getting laid with a couple nights getting high. Its pretty hard to strike that balance perfectly. Don't want to miss the festival vibes by spending your entire time chasing women, but also don't want to spend the entire festival high and unable to get laid.

Tomorrowland is the greatest party on Earth. Bar none. +1 agree with everything in the OP.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Great datasheet and I concur. I went last year. thread-56742...pid1360118
Every stage is great. I loved the mainstage for the fireworks etc but the atmosphere was brilliant everywhere and really well organised. I did explore pretty much everywhere. Hit up hostels in Bruges and Ghent aswell before the festival that had girls in that mood.

Did you see Axwell solo? One of my favorite moments when he dropped this

As Tomorrowland is the biggest festival in the world every girl wants to say to her friends that she got fucked at Tomorrowland.

I feel the music and atmosphere is going slightly downhill (perhaps as I get a bit older other things come into play or i've seen pretty much every DJ I have wanted to) compared to a few years at dance events these days due to people getting too drunk/out of it on E (we've all been there but control it) or just standing with cameras so I pick and choose festivals/stages/sets now instead of just hitting every one possible. I go for the music but for girls, the opportunity to pick up or just enjoy the passing procession of beauties (especially at Tomorrowland) is there. I know it was two weekends this year and believe it should only be one weekend every year but £££ talks.

Nothing beats that feeling of hearing the anthems though and i'll never forget it.
Tomorrowland makes me smile looking back on it, especially with the 1 in 100 chance of getting a dreamville ticket in the general sale people were excited to be there just due to how difficult it is to get a ticket! I definitely want to hit an EDC/Ultra is the US though. The way the girls over there dress at raves [Image: banana.gif] . Probably EDC Las Vegas as i've been to Ultra Europe. Do you remember tents with a wooden gate off to your left before you just before you leave dreamville and after all the shops? I got in there so couldn't have asked for a better camping spot for a short walk back [Image: banana.gif]

I've been to more music festivals over the past 10 years than I can remember.

I agree that they are not the best places to game girls, but they aren't too bad either. Everybody is just so focused on the music, atmosphere and their friends.

Quote: (08-02-2017 08:28 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

Just saw this bullshit.

Have you even been to an EDM festival? As I stated in the Ultra thread you have no right to talk about something being bad for pick up or what have you without any personal experience.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Don't girls get extremely drunk there? Why is it not a good place to game?

^
It's an amazing place to game in my opinion.. And no, I didn't see many drunk incidents, people passing out, etc..

Quote: (09-10-2017 03:50 PM)goncalo999 Wrote:  

The hoes out for Marshmello as always [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Looks like a sausage fest.

Thanks for this datasheet. See you guys there 2018.

Quote: (09-10-2017 04:49 PM)Rossi Wrote:  

Don't girls get extremely drunk there? Why is it not a good place to game?

Most dance festivals aren't great to game at because a) you'll likely be on drugs yourself, so more focused on the music than the girls and b) even if you aren't on drugs a lot of the girls will be, so they'll be more interested in seeing the DJs play (and hanging out with their friends) than hooking up.

Though at anything as massively large as Tomorrowland there will always be a decent amount of gameable girls. Its just in general smaller dance events/festivals aren't recommended for gaming because of the above.

good tunes/friends//women/mdma.... sounds like heaven

In my opinion, its quite easy to makeout/bangs or have an "afterparty" at festivals. They're rolling and horny and you are too, if you know how to dance and bring some fun and sensuality into it, free zone bitches!

Already bought tickets to 2018 <3

Quote: (01-22-2018 05:23 PM)goncalo999 Wrote:  

Already bought tickets to 2018 <3

Which weekend did you choose? and also did just buy the tickets or did you buy any of the packages they offer?

W2 again. I bought Global Journey bus pack from Aachen (will never catch that bus) + LIS-BRU-LIS, nad got cheaper than Global Journey Flight pack from Lisbon. And also I can go a day earlier.