rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My two best outfits

My two best outfits

A while ago on this forum, I read if you want to be in the top 5% of men for clothing (style) and the top 5% of men for body (gym), it’s easier to do it with your clothes. More men care about the gym then they care about their style.

Don’t get me wrong. Both are worthwhile investments. But I believe you can get to the top 5% faster with your clothes.

Rather than plugging a bunch of models from magazines and telling you to spend thousands of dollars on designer clothes, I’m going to outline my two best outfits, and share rules that could help you with your wardrobe.

This guide can show you where you might look to shop, what you should keep in mind when buying items, and provide tangible ideas for your style.

-------

Outfit 1:

- Blue square button down Bonobos, Slim/S, Nordstrom Rack $35
- Invisible undershirt jT-v (pack of 3), Collectedthreads.com $39
- White jeans Gap 1969, Skinny fit 30x30, Gap $60
- No show socks Ralph Lauren, one size (pack of 2), Nordstrom $15

[Image: t8TdyS2l.jpg]

The shoes:
- Converse All Star Low Tops White, Size 8.5, Nordstrom Rack $50

[Image: xFndeb0m.jpg]

I wear this outfit during the summer. I keep the top two buttons on the shirt unbuttoned and roll the sleeves up to my elbows.

I didn’t wake up one day and decide, “I’m going to buy this outfit.” I don’t recommend trying to assemble an entire outfit at once.

Last spring I was shopping for new button downs, keeping in mind the rule, “no more plaid”, and bought the blue square shirt, and one other Bonobos shirt. One of my female friends invited me to a “white party” early last summer, and I didn’t have white pants for it, so I went to the Gap and bought a pair of skinny white pants. The undershirts I’ve had for a while, and the accessories I accumulated at different times. So the outfit came together by buying each item separately.

I remember wearing this exact outfit late last summer and getting a long stare from a woman who walked by on the street. Not a girl’s usual shy glance and look away, but a long stare and a smile. After I passed her. I stopped to turn around and look at her. I saw she too had stopped to look back at me, and then she kept walking. I hesitated for five seconds, then ten seconds, then decided, I have to run after her.

It took me four blocks, but I caught up to her, I told her I thought she looked cute and we had a moment back there where we made eye contact. She was extremely happy I came up to talk to her. We exchanged numbers, went on the first date the very next day, and banged. It was the first time I had ever slept with a girl a mere one day after meeting her during the day. I suggested we meet up again over text, but she told me she had a boyfriend. Women…

Did clothes help? Of course. Also, a good haircut. I had a haircut at the time similar to the characters on “Peaky Blinders”. Did I still have to run after her and approach her and run tight first-date game? Yes.

Accessories

Here’s a close-up:
- Timex Weekender Watch with custom leather strap, Purchased at a local store, $95
- Bracelets I saw browsing on Pinterest for bracelet ideas, Guylook.com, $23
- Ring made out of a 90% silver quarter dollar, Kickstarter.com, $50

[Image: eeYtfBgm.jpg]

I saw some dude in a coffee shop wearing this watch and I went up to ask him, “Hey cool watch. Do you remember where you bought it?” He told me and I bought one a few weeks later. I wanted to buy some bracelets, so I looked on Pinterest for ideas for “men’s bracelets”, and found one I liked and bought it online. The ring I bought when I saw this Kickstarter project where a guy was turning state quarters into rings. Really cool. And it’s silver, most quarters are copper and nickel. Took me a year to get it, but very satisfied with the purchased.

-------

Outfit 2:

- Blazer with elbow patches in Italy, Size 36, Store in Naples ~$45
- White pocket square, Suit Supply $30
- White Traveler Shirt non-iron, 15/38, Suit Supply $90
- Dark blue slim jeans, Nudie 29x34, Crossroads Trading Co $38
- Wool socks mini cushion, Medium, Icebreaker.com $12

[Image: TlXF9EXl.jpg]

The shoes:
- Boots Johnston & Murphy Fulton Cap, Tan 8 M, Nordstrom $200

[Image: endgIFcm.jpg]

Like Outfit 1, each of these items were purchased at a different time. The new white button down dress shirt (staple for any guy) was because I needed a new one. I wanted a non-iron one, and found something I liked at Suit Supply. The jeans I got lucky finding in a local consignment store. The pocket square I bought years ago, and never used much. Now I always sport a pocket square when I wear a blazer. The blazer I bought when wandering around Naples, Italy a couple years ago. I wear a simple dark brown belt from J Crew (not pictured) a decade ago, and it’s still going strong. The boots I went searching for after reading HankMoody's post on this forum about anyone who could use extra height.

I wore this outfit to my friend of a friend’s holiday party last year. I banged two girls from that party. One was the same night, and one was later on in December after two dates. Both took a ton of game to seal deal. Did the outfit get the bang? No. Did the outfit help? Undoubtedly.

-------

What else do I wear?

- Men’s Bomber Jacket, Zara S, Crossroads Trading Co. $40

[Image: rRbZ38jm.jpg]

This is a mostly waterproof, all-around jacket. I can wear with anything and it goes well with a simple black long-sleeve underneath.

- Jogger pants, Publish size 30, Crossroads Trading Co. $30

[Image: eo0UMQLm.jpg]

Joggers are pants that don’t fall all the way to the shoes. I wore these pants with the boots and approached a cute 20-year old near the park, and I told her I thought she was cute. She immediately turned the compliment on me and told me that she liked my boots, and the bracelets I was wearing. I took her to yoga for our first date and the rest was history.

Also, a pair of black jeans goes with anything. Get black jeans.

- Italian medium blue blazer with patterned florals, 36R, Yoox.com $70
- Navy silk pocket square with white edge, J. Crew $50

[Image: JvjdYI6m.jpg]

This blazer gets compliments from strangers, men and women, when I walk down the street. More than the other one.

-------

Where to shop:

You might be saying, Jagnum, I’m not going to Italy. Where can I find a good blazer?

Well, you’re in luck. Italy can come to you. This is the greatest collection of blazers I’ve found anywhere.

www.yoox.com

I found this website on Black Friday last year, and bought five different blazers. My intent was to keep one or two. It took a few weeks to arrive. When they came, three of the blazers fit, and I kept two. I returned the rest. No cost for return shipping. It’s helpful to have a color in mind, and a price range to filter down your results.

Another good site for buying basics is Asos. White and black tees and basic pants.

www.asos.com

The same thing. You can buy as much as you want, and return shipping is free. I bought a great white short-sleeve “muscle” t-shirt there last year as well.

I purchased five or six items on both sites, tried everything on, kept two items from each site, and returned the rest.

As you can see, I shop at mostly at consignment stores. Go to one in the cool neighborhood near where you live. Nordstrom Rack is a discount store, and and another good option.

Zara, Topman, are all places I’ve bought things before.

For shoes and boots, I’ll usually pay full price, but other than hiking boots, the two pairs of shoes above are the only two I own. I have no qualms buying shoes at full price, but only if I can conceivably wear them everyday.

I’ll often go to these stores without finding anything that fits my style, but that’s why I make a list of things I’d like to eventually buy. Right now I’m looking to add black dress shoes with a buckle. Some days I get lucky, other days I get nothing. Kind of like game.

Then when you have time you’ll find yourself popping into a store after work, browsing around, and you might find something. I’ve slowly built a wardrobe checking items off my list when I need it. Then after six months to a year, I’ll find I've collected everything on my list. Then, I'll make a new list.

-------

Rules for clothes:

Rule #1 – If you’re not getting compliments on the item, you need to change it. Buy something edgier.
The blue large square shirt, I’ve had people pass by me on the street and say “nice shirt”. The joggers with boots, I’ve had people do the same. The white short sleeve tight shirt (not pictured), I’ve had tremendous success with girls I meet while wearing that in day and night. The boots I’ve gotten compliments. Anything that I don’t get compliments on, I try to cycle out of the wardrobe, putting it in a black trash bag stashed in my closet.

Rule #2 – Don’t wear something that 90% of other guys are wearing.
In most large cities in the U.S., the plaid or small square button down is what 90% of guys are wearing when you go out. Don’t wear what everyone else is wearing. I bought the large blue square shirt, because I wanted to get something different than plaid. I have a solid black designer button down I got at Nordstrom Rack, again, not plaid. I wear a blazer when I go out, because 90% of guys aren’t wearing blazers.

Rule #3 – Fit comes first.
If it doesn’t fit, it might be able to be tailored. I’ve tailored and hemmed pants. I’ve never done it for a shirt, although guys do that too. But I’ve found if it doesn’t fit great when I first put it on, tailoring can help, but it won’t breathe life into something that is only okay when you try it on.

-------

Pour conclure: Conclusion:

I’m not the best-dressed, nor do I claim to be. There are some cats on this forum who are much more fly. Exhibit A: Laner. But in the world of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Most men wear the same boring things. If you are tall, extremely jacked, or have a face carved out of marble, you can get away with wearing ordinary clothes. However, if you are one of those things AND you dress well, you will DESTROY. Regardless of what you look like, interesting clothes and accessories, plus a good haircut that you can keep styled, is going to help.

Game comes first. I did just fine when I was less fit and less well-dressed, but extremely motivated upon reading “Day Bang” to talk to girls with the intent of dating and getting bangs. And extremely motivated upon reading “Bang” to do the same with girls at bars and clubs. The reason I’m putting two of my outfits out there, is that clothes are a part of your vibe. It takes time to improve your style. Hopefully this short guide helps.

Quote: (07-13-2015 04:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  
If you're serious about self improvement and make real effort, this forum will always have your back.

My two best outfits

Jagnum, why should you wear an undershirt in the summer?

My two best outfits

Would like to see what these outfits look like on you. It's hard to picture your look having just seeing the clothes laid out of a bed. There's a reason why stores use manikins.

I'm the King of Beijing!

My two best outfits

Should show pics with the outfits on you. Blur out your faceb

My two best outfits

I often use a pair of Alfani dress boots that have garnered a consistent array of compliments.

My two best outfits

I generally find it's not the clothes so much as the fit and finish and overall appearance that gets you in the door. Then of course it's your game...

The clothes you have shown are dime a dozen around where I live and everyone and their grandpa's wear that kind of stuff all the time so you don't stand out at all.

I also see guys that have good clothes but do not fit them that well. These are usually the guys jumping on the bandwagon and trying too hard to follow a certain trend.

Just today, I was standing at the train station and waiting on my train and saw 3-20 something year olds wearing exactly the same thing standing next to each other. Don't be one of those guys...

Thanks for the YOOX suggestion though, I'm going to have to check them out for some fall wear.

My two best outfits

Quote: (07-11-2017 09:52 AM)chitown72 Wrote:  

The clothes you have shown are dime a dozen around where I live and everyone and their grandpa's wear that kind of stuff all the time so you don't stand out at all.

I didn't want to be the first guy to say this.

Everyone wears those converse shoes, I have an old pair and my dad has a new pair.

Zara is played out, all over. I generally buy stuff that most guys will not wear when I shop there. Sale time it is a Zoo in there.

ASOS.com is a site I use regularly for small purchases.

The blazer is the only thing I like that you posted.

Since you are in America, you have access to better quality clothing for cheap.
I have bought a ton of stuff at Sak's 5th Ave outlets in New York state. Aviator Raybans for $57 and a few pair of Persol sunglasses for $99, including the Mcqueen folding sunglasses. I picked up a Zegna suit for $600, which is made from a top quality fabric and will last me a lifetime.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

My two best outfits

I agree the outfits look ordinary on the bed, but the OP has focused on observing the reactions different items get, and has assembled outfits that consistently get the strongest reactions. They probably fit him better than some other outfits, but I don't think the actual items are the most important thing about his advice.

The part I liked best was his Rule #1: If you're not getting complements on an item, you need to change it. When you wear an entire outfit of items that tend to get complements, from shoes, pants and shirt to accessories and hairstyle, then you're making the most of your style. I try to wear sharp clothes, and have been getting particularly into nice shoes lately, but I have plenty of room to step things up further. I'm going to start using this rule as a guide.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

My two best outfits

While i agree on assembling an outfit piece-meal from items that have gotten compliments, I refuse to take advice from a man that wears ankle socks with boots. Other issues I have with your setup: No belt for either of your top tier outfits? Jogging pants + leather boots?

My two best outfits

Quote: (07-11-2017 03:45 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

The part I liked best was his Rule #1: If you're not getting complements on an item, you need to change it.

This is good rule but I wouldn't necessarily say compliments more so than positive looks. You'll know when women are checking you out for the right reasons walking down the street. You have an ace if both GUYS and GALS are both checking you out. Guys wanna be you and girls wanna get with you.

This is the reason why I like wearing sunglasses as it allows me indirect observation on who's checking me out without making it obvious.

My two best outfits

These outfits put you squarely in provider category box. A girl sees you wearing these and you're automatically put in there. Why make things difficult? Unless, of course, you want multiple dates and provide to a girl long term. Only the leather jacket and boots were good but should be matched with dark, somewhat washed out and distressed clothes to convey badboy look for fast lays.

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

My two best outfits

^I'm a beginner to style, can you elaborate what kind of clothing makes one be put into the provider category?

My two best outfits

Uh oh, another Style vs Body thread.

[Image: attachment.jpg37170]   

[Image: popcorn3.gif]

My two best outfits

You gotta wear what works for you, for what fits your personality.

If I wore blazers and man capris like y'all, it would just appear really incongruent with the rest of who I am. It would be really phony.

So I wear faded torn jeans, cowboy boots a fitted t shirt, and I open carry a gun. Does it look as stylish as some of the stuff above? No. It gives off a different vibe entirely. But it's in line with my personality, I'm a dick.

My two best outfits

Quote: (07-12-2017 05:46 AM)ksbms Wrote:  

These outfits put you squarely in provider category box. A girl sees you wearing these and you're automatically put in there. Why make things difficult? Unless, of course, you want multiple dates and provide to a girl long term. Only the leather jacket and boots were good but should be matched with dark, somewhat washed out and distressed clothes to convey badboy look for fast lays.

This is wrong. In my opinion it's a common misconception from people who have not studied what style is - instead, they see clothes, combinations and superficial trends. They miss the forest for the trees.

At this point everything is speculation because I don't know Jagnum personally, but from his clothing I'd guess he's a preppy, mid-upper class white guy around 30. If so, his style is perfectly congruent with who he is.

Napoleon has a great quote - "Put your iron hand in a velvet glove". The same can be applied for style.

If your natural, default look is preppy, there's no reason you shouldn't be preppy.

The key is - how does that match up with your personality?

A preppy guy with a preppy personality (smart, vain, maybe a little entitled, maybe kind of a pussy) will have a certain demographic he appeals to - mostly preppy girls.

But when you take a guy with a preppy look and give him a no bullshit, shit eating grin personality, this guy has DEPTH. His looks contrast with his personality (in a good way).

Girls think "He looks preppy, so he probably acts like it", and then they get a sweet reversal when they realize you are actually ruthless, ironic, dry, life of the party - whatever your personality is. You become harder to figure out. You keep them guessing. Girls love that stuff.

Two cases in point:

#1 Brendan Schaub

[Image: 1w_Kt5b0.jpg]

[Image: 590220790.jpg]

[Image: download.png]

[Image: dowsnload.png]

This guy used to be a top 20 UFC Heavyweight fighter - couldn't be more badass. Yet he enjoys teenage girl TV shows, fashion, is very sensitive to criticism, etc. The fact that he's a badass but dresses like a hipster faggot builds that "Who the hell is guy?" reaction.

This is his girl, by the way:

[Image: Sg_O3e_GU.jpg]

#2 Lapo Elkann

[Image: 1b432a8a5050e6f263c1b6e1715e496a.jpg]

[Image: 22212_Lapo_3984_Web.jpg]

[Image: 3d6012acb81818319c7446a8bbd71826--lapo-elkann-st.jpg]

[Image: 5ac46e1775534b4d72ebd33a84dabe97--lapo-elkann-fa.jpg]

On the other hand, Lapo is a billionaire heir to the Fiat group and dresses flamboyant and very rich. Yet he's a party animal, drug loving, maybe bissexual, playboy.

My point is: even if girls look at you thinking you're a provider, if your personality or mindset are not the provider kind, you'll make them realize that quick. And by doing so, you add depth and dimension to your persona - rather than be the generic guy with a leather jacket (in the summer no less...).

My two best outfits

delete

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

My two best outfits

^^ Lapo style is seriously badass.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

My two best outfits

^^ solid input.
I've been disrupting perceptions since 2005. It works every time!
I especially manipulate this with Instagram & SnapChat. Whereas, I'll be in a suit & tie jamming out to 21 Savage but Next you might find me rocking a big chain, diamond earrings lip-singing to Maroon 5. I've had several chicks tell me they love my latitude (read depth).

*ETA* OP's style is tight! Like he said, he rocks shit the rest of you guys wouldn't dare and that's what sets him apart. Follow some of the men's fashion posters on IG and you'll see OP's fashion sense is on par.

My two best outfits

Thanks all. Thanks DimeBait. Undershirt in the summer because sometimes I can sweat a lot and it helps to have a layer between me and the shirt.

Forgot to add a belt in the picture. Wear a dark brown belt from J. Crew with a simple buckle, I bought at least a decade ago. Probably time for a new one.

One other thing I’ve been wearing recently for summer is the blazer plus pocket square, with a simple white v-neck t-shirt underneath. Classy and casual.

I don’t disagree with the “provider” comment. Old habits die hard. I’m trying to stop wearing the same things I wore in college….to go more edgy instead.

For what that looks like, below is a link to a shirt I bought earlier this year which has been the best $11 investment I’ve made for pussy.

I remember approaching on a college campus with my favorite plaid shirt and some ordinary jeans and the boots. I made a bunch of approaches. I had a thick mustache then with a somewhat heavy beard. No traction, one number, she never responded.

A few weeks later, I approached on the same campus wearing this:

http://us.asos.com/asos/asos-extreme-mus...rd/6698558

Plus the dark jeans I showed above and the boots. I shaved down to light stubble.

The reaction was much better. 4 numbers, 3 girls who were very, very down to hang out. And might have banged all three had I not been leaving the city in two days. Did bang one a 19-year old and the cutest of the bunch.

This was abroad. The results wouldn’t be as good in the States, but the point was clear. Having that bad boy look paid off.

The model’s full outfit in the link above is more the bad-ass look to go for (black leather jacket, distressed black jeans, black shoes). It helps he’s got sleeve tattoos.

As mentioned, I'm by no means the best-dressed. Always trying to improve.

One last thing,

Rule #4 – Make a list of the clothes and accessories you eventually want to buy.
You don’t have to get them all at once. I’m a firm believer in that when you write things down, your world will start to align towards it. Want to bang a dozen girls? Write down “Goal: Bang a dozen girls.” So for the beginner who replied he’s looking to style, figure out what you want to go for. Decide what bucket you want to be in. Is it the asshole cowboy? Is it the bad boy? Is it the successful businessman? Is it the rockstar? Google search for a specific person in one of these categories. See what types of items jump out from people you meet, or pictures you see, and add them to a list. I bet that after six months you’ll be closer to the look you envisioned.

Quote: (07-13-2015 04:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  
If you're serious about self improvement and make real effort, this forum will always have your back.

My two best outfits

After seeing your dirty ass ankle socks I suggest you read this thread

archive/inde...23224.html

My two best outfits

Cool thread.

My general view on this sorta thing:

Mediocre physique: overdress to compensate

above average physique: dress to emphasize the physique. V-necks and a necklace to draw a girl's eye to your chest. Shirts that fight snugly on your biceps.

Pants that are tight enough to show the little snarl of muscle that forms between your quads and knees.

If you really wanna go insane, you can even wear pants that hug a bit and show the outline of whatever you're packing. I don't suggest that though unless you're truly comfortable in your own skin.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

My two best outfits

Quote: (07-10-2017 10:40 PM)Jagnum Wrote:  

A while ago on this forum, I read if you want to be in the top 5% of men for clothing (style) and the top 5% of men for body (gym), it’s easier to do it with your clothes. More men care about the gym then they care about their style.

Don’t get me wrong. Both are worthwhile investments. But I believe you can get to the top 5% faster with your clothes.

Rather than plugging a bunch of models from magazines and telling you to spend thousands of dollars on designer clothes, I’m going to outline my two best outfits, and share rules that could help you with your wardrobe.

This guide can show you where you might look to shop, what you should keep in mind when buying items, and provide tangible ideas for your style.

-------

Outfit 1:

- Blue square button down Bonobos, Slim/S, Nordstrom Rack $35
- White jeans Gap 1969, Skinny fit 30x30, Gap $60
- No show socks Ralph Lauren, one size (pack of 2), Nordstrom $15

[Image: t8TdyS2l.jpg]

The shoes:
- Converse All Star Low Tops White, Size 8.5, Nordstrom Rack $50

[Image: xFndeb0m.jpg]

I wear this outfit during the summer. I keep the top two buttons on the shirt unbuttoned and roll the sleeves up to my elbows.

I didn’t wake up one day and decide, “I’m going to buy this outfit.” I don’t recommend trying to assemble an entire outfit at once.

Last spring I was shopping for new button downs, keeping in mind the rule, “no more plaid”, and bought the blue square shirt, and one other Bonobos shirt. One of my female friends invited me to a “white party” early last summer, and I didn’t have white pants for it, so I went to the Gap and bought a pair of skinny white pants. The undershirts I’ve had for a while, and the accessories I accumulated at different times. So the outfit came together by buying each item separately.

I remember wearing this exact outfit late last summer and getting a long stare from a woman who walked by on the street. Not a girl’s usual shy glance and look away, but a long stare and a smile. After I passed her. I stopped to turn around and look at her. I saw she too had stopped to look back at me, and then she kept walking. I hesitated for five seconds, then ten seconds, then decided, I have to run after her.

It took me four blocks, but I caught up to her, I told her I thought she looked cute and we had a moment back there where we made eye contact. She was extremely happy I came up to talk to her. We exchanged numbers, went on the first date the very next day, and banged. It was the first time I had ever slept with a girl a mere one day after meeting her during the day. I suggested we meet up again over text, but she told me she had a boyfriend. Women…

Did clothes help? Of course. Also, a good haircut. I had a haircut at the time similar to the characters on “Peaky Blinders”. Did I still have to run after her and approach her and run tight first-date game? Yes.

Accessories

Here’s a close-up:
- Timex Weekender Watch with custom leather strap, Purchased at a local store, $95
- Bracelets I saw browsing on Pinterest for bracelet ideas, Guylook.com, $23
- Ring made out of a 90% silver quarter dollar, Kickstarter.com, $50

[Image: eeYtfBgm.jpg]

I saw some dude in a coffee shop wearing this watch and I went up to ask him, “Hey cool watch. Do you remember where you bought it?” He told me and I bought one a few weeks later. I wanted to buy some bracelets, so I looked on Pinterest for ideas for “men’s bracelets”, and found one I liked and bought it online. The ring I bought when I saw this Kickstarter project where a guy was turning state quarters into rings. Really cool. And it’s silver, most quarters are copper and nickel. Took me a year to get it, but very satisfied with the purchased.

-------

Outfit 2:

- Blazer with elbow patches in Italy, Size 36, Store in Naples ~$45
- White pocket square, Suit Supply $30
- White Traveler Shirt non-iron, 15/38, Suit Supply $90
- Dark blue slim jeans, Nudie 29x34, Crossroads Trading Co $38
- Wool socks mini cushion, Medium, Icebreaker.com $12

[Image: TlXF9EXl.jpg]

The shoes:
- Boots Johnston & Murphy Fulton Cap, Tan 8 M, Nordstrom $200

[Image: endgIFcm.jpg]

Like Outfit 1, each of these items were purchased at a different time. The new white button down dress shirt (staple for any guy) was because I needed a new one. I wanted a non-iron one, and found something I liked at Suit Supply. The jeans I got lucky finding in a local consignment store. The pocket square I bought years ago, and never used much. Now I always sport a pocket square when I wear a blazer. The blazer I bought when wandering around Naples, Italy a couple years ago. I wear a simple dark brown belt from J Crew (not pictured) a decade ago, and it’s still going strong. The boots I went searching for after reading HankMoody's post on this forum about anyone who could use extra height.

I wore this outfit to my friend of a friend’s holiday party last year. I banged two girls from that party. One was the same night, and one was later on in December after two dates. Both took a ton of game to seal deal. Did the outfit get the bang? No. Did the outfit help? Undoubtedly.

-------

What else do I wear?

- Men’s Bomber Jacket, Zara S, Crossroads Trading Co. $40

[Image: rRbZ38jm.jpg]

This is a mostly waterproof, all-around jacket. I can wear with anything and it goes well with a simple black long-sleeve underneath.

- Jogger pants, Publish size 30, Crossroads Trading Co. $30

[Image: eo0UMQLm.jpg]

Joggers are pants that don’t fall all the way to the shoes. I wore these pants with the boots and approached a cute 20-year old near the park, and I told her I thought she was cute. She immediately turned the compliment on me and told me that she liked my boots, and the bracelets I was wearing. I took her to yoga for our first date and the rest was history.

Also, a pair of black jeans goes with anything. Get black jeans.

- Italian medium blue blazer with patterned florals, 36R, Yoox.com $70
- Navy silk pocket square with white edge, J. Crew $50

[Image: JvjdYI6m.jpg]

This blazer gets compliments from strangers, men and women, when I walk down the street. More than the other one.

-------

Where to shop:

You might be saying, Jagnum, I’m not going to Italy. Where can I find a good blazer?

Well, you’re in luck. Italy can come to you. This is the greatest collection of blazers I’ve found anywhere.

www.yoox.com

I found this website on Black Friday last year, and bought five different blazers. My intent was to keep one or two. It took a few weeks to arrive. When they came, three of the blazers fit, and I kept two. I returned the rest. No cost for return shipping. It’s helpful to have a color in mind, and a price range to filter down your results.

Another good site for buying basics is Asos. White and black tees and basic pants.

www.asos.com

The same thing. You can buy as much as you want, and return shipping is free. I bought a great white short-sleeve “muscle” t-shirt there last year as well.

I purchased five or six items on both sites, tried everything on, kept two items from each site, and returned the rest.

As you can see, I shop at mostly at consignment stores. Go to one in the cool neighborhood near where you live. Nordstrom Rack is a discount store, and and another good option.

Zara, Topman, are all places I’ve bought things before.

For shoes and boots, I’ll usually pay full price, but other than hiking boots, the two pairs of shoes above are the only two I own. I have no qualms buying shoes at full price, but only if I can conceivably wear them everyday.

I’ll often go to these stores without finding anything that fits my style, but that’s why I make a list of things I’d like to eventually buy. Right now I’m looking to add black dress shoes with a buckle. Some days I get lucky, other days I get nothing. Kind of like game.

Then when you have time you’ll find yourself popping into a store after work, browsing around, and you might find something. I’ve slowly built a wardrobe checking items off my list when I need it. Then after six months to a year, I’ll find I've collected everything on my list. Then, I'll make a new list.

-------

Rules for clothes:

Rule #1 – If you’re not getting compliments on the item, you need to change it. Buy something edgier.
The blue large square shirt, I’ve had people pass by me on the street and say “nice shirt”. The joggers with boots, I’ve had people do the same. The white short sleeve tight shirt (not pictured), I’ve had tremendous success with girls I meet while wearing that in day and night. The boots I’ve gotten compliments. Anything that I don’t get compliments on, I try to cycle out of the wardrobe, putting it in a black trash bag stashed in my closet.

Rule #2 – Don’t wear something that 90% of other guys are wearing.
In most large cities in the U.S., the plaid or small square button down is what 90% of guys are wearing when you go out. Don’t wear what everyone else is wearing. I bought the large blue square shirt, because I wanted to get something different than plaid. I have a solid black designer button down I got at Nordstrom Rack, again, not plaid. I wear a blazer when I go out, because 90% of guys aren’t wearing blazers.

Rule #3 – Fit comes first.
If it doesn’t fit, it might be able to be tailored. I’ve tailored and hemmed pants. I’ve never done it for a shirt, although guys do that too. But I’ve found if it doesn’t fit great when I first put it on, tailoring can help, but it won’t breathe life into something that is only okay when you try it on.

-------

Pour conclure: Conclusion:

I’m not the best-dressed, nor do I claim to be. There are some cats on this forum who are much more fly. Exhibit A: Laner. But in the world of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Most men wear the same boring things. If you are tall, extremely jacked, or have a face carved out of marble, you can get away with wearing ordinary clothes. However, if you are one of those things AND you dress well, you will DESTROY. Regardless of what you look like, interesting clothes and accessories, plus a good haircut that you can keep styled, is going to help.

Game comes first. I did just fine when I was less fit and less well-dressed, but extremely motivated upon reading “Day Bang” to talk to girls with the intent of dating and getting bangs. And extremely motivated upon reading “Bang” to do the same with girls at bars and clubs. The reason I’m putting two of my outfits out there, is that clothes are a part of your vibe. It takes time to improve your style. Hopefully this short guide helps.

Picture of you with clothes on to see if the length is spot on, if you don't mind. I believe that length and fit is key even if you wear a white tee and jeans.

My two best outfits

Quote: (07-22-2017 03:30 PM)rorochido1 Wrote:  

Picture of you with clothes on to see if the length is spot on, if you don't mind. I believe that length and fit is key even if you wear a white tee and jeans.

Rorochido1, I see that you're new, so just a tip for yourself and any other new guys reading this:

It's considered low quality/poor etiquette to quote a large post just to make a very short reply. Next time just address him by his username per my example, otherwise it makes threads difficult to scroll through and read clearly.

My two best outfits

Quote: (07-22-2017 03:30 PM)rorochido1 Wrote:  

I believe that length and fit is key even if you wear a white tee and jeans.

I agree with this and most of my shirts, I get it custom tailored for length and fit(around the sides taken in some).

My two best outfits

Love this format! I'm so clueless that just having a guy saying exactly what he bought and where makes it much easier. Thank you