rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Easy Game Tip for Short Guys and My Hobbit Brothers

I'm about 5'5, or 5'6 if you ask my OkCupid profile.

My fellow hobbit brothers, if I had one good advice for you it would be this - wear boots.

Boots add like 3 - 4 inches to your height. When I wear them, I've found that I'm average height of 5'8 - 5'9, and it's lead to a DRAMATIC increase in my cold approach success rate. I'm no longer short around all my friends.

These are the ones I wear with normal clothes:

http://www.amazon.com/Chippewa-20065-Han...ewa+apache

This is what I wear with a suit:

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Mens...dress+boot

(There are cheaper dress boots out there than Allen Edmonds. Regular wingtips make you really short, as do most tennis sneakers).

Just a few inches in height makes a dramatic increase in cold approach success rate and dates, particularly if you're like me and game shorter girls. I'm astonished at how much of a difference it's made.

Quote: (11-27-2015 01:59 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

My fellow hobbit brothers, if I had one good advice for you it would be this - wear boots.

Boots add like 3 - 4 inches to your height. When I wear them, I've found that I'm average height of 5'8 - 5'9, and it's lead to a DRAMATIC increase in my cold approach success rate. I'm no longer short around all my friends.

These are the ones I wear with normal clothes:

http://www.amazon.com/Chippewa-20065-Han...ewa+apache

This is what I wear with a suit:

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Mens...dress+boot

(There are cheaper dress boots out there than Allen Edmonds. Regular wingtips make you really short, as do most tennis sneakers).

Just a few inches in height makes a dramatic increase in cold approach success rate and dates, particularly if you're like me and game shorter girls. I'm astonished at how much of a difference it's made.

Channeling George Castanza, I like it!

Quote: (11-27-2015 01:59 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Wait....those boots give you 3-4" in height? How? They look like they give you 2" max which is about the most you will get from brands that are not height increasing brands.

Boots are doubly good if you want to put inserts in as you need some height on the shoes to accommodate them.

Quote: (11-27-2015 05:17 PM)booshala Wrote:  

Boots are doubly good if you want to put inserts in as you need some height on the shoes to accommodate them.

I do this, I have flat feet though so my inserts are like actually necessary....it just so happens to also add a couple of cms to my height lol.

Edit: I went on a date once where the chick was only mildly taller than me (online not cold approach) and I could visually see the disappointment in her eyes when we met it was fucking crazy. Bought some boots the day after this shit happened specifically because had I worn them I would have been her height if not slightly taller.

Fast forward a year later and the exact same situation, except this time with boots, date went fucking awesome and I'm still seeing her on the regular. It did help that she didn't wear heels, when girls do that you tend to be pretty fucked.

Which sucks for us short guys though, heels are hot but they make the girl taller than us which sucks.

I would also add to maybe grow your hair out a bit on the top (growing outwards and not parted to the side) as it is just more height illusion.

- Boots with inserts. Easy win for up to two inches. You will never get called on it.

- Tall hair (nothing outrageous, just short on the sides and spiky or bouffed on top)

- Get your posture sorted. Yoga, Alexander technique, get some professional advice. Just lifting won't do it. This is a big one and takes some effort but you will look better and be literally taller.

- Careful selection of clothes and accessories.
Basically, don't wear outsize or chunky accessories or watches - the big man chunky watch doesn't make you look bigger by extension, it's the opposite.
Don't have a highly visible breakline at your waist - I don't wear contrasting colors on my upper and lower body.
Fitted clothes. Never let an untucked shirt hang to the bottom of your zipper, things like that. I've even had T-shirts taken in at the hem by an inch so everything is in proportion.
Basically, keep your clothes within proportion and keep the lines flowing from head to foot.

With all of these things, most short guys will be able to move from "first impression - SHORT" to "first impression - neutral".

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Fellow hobbit reporting, I approve of this advice. Short guys have to improve so many more areas of ourselves in order to make up for height. Boots can definitively help you out when gaming, timberland has some nice boots for casual occasions, however when I wear something more professional like a suit I tend to wear chukkas. They don't add as much as height as boots but look better in my opinion.

These are the ones I am currently wearing, great pair for the price:

Frank Wright Chukkas

It should be noted that I don't wear boots all the time and neither should you. This just makes it seem like you are insecure about your height

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

A 3-4 inch boost off of mere standard boots? Do you have any perception of just how much that is?

[Image: facepalm3.gif]

This so patently ridiculous and misleading to the readership that I just don't know what to say.

Quote: (11-28-2015 12:49 AM)civpro Wrote:  

A 3-4 inch boost off of mere standard boots? Do you have any perception of just how much that is?

[Image: facepalm3.gif]

This so patently ridiculous and misleading to the readership that I just don't know what to say.

What?

I'm 5'7" (which is pretty short in Australia), and have dated many girls taller than me, including my current woman. I used to pay serious attention to these shoes to make me taller, but they just end up making me stiff and clumsy. Now I wear barefoot-style shoes casually (not the toe ones) and normal dress shoes formally. If I can move around well and feel athletic, I will be more confident, instead of being conscious about my height all the time.

This isn't to say that if I were taller I wouldn't get better results. It's just that I don't think short guys like us must get these stupid shoe inserts, or else.

What if you are 5'2? What then?

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Quote: (11-28-2015 01:44 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

The shoes have got to come off some time right?

Quote: (11-28-2015 01:44 AM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

Move to SEA or Mexico. You wouldn't be too short there relative to their average.

I'm part of the short guy club and would like to add that if you're short, you need to be working out to improve physique as best you can. I've been dating a girl recently who's two inches taller than me and over a decade younger but having more energy than her and being in shape has been a great equalizer. She'll often feel my arms and chest when we make out so I know it's helped. I'm currently working on abs but can imagine that would def be a great equalizer.

Look into low carb high fat diet (keto) and using stuff from Tim Ferriss four hour body has helped immensely

Oh, one more thing. Be a brave ass direct mother fucker!!! While taller, good looking guys will often use indirect openers, social circle, if you can learn to be brave as fuck, girls will instinctively feel you are a man despite being shorter. Many of my exgfs have commented that I'm the shortest guy they've been with but as long as you fuck em proper, they won't give a shit

Being strong and athletic also help.

I can pick my taller girl up, carry her and throw her around like she's a toy (also helps that she's slender and light, I'm not lifting heavy bitches!). It's usually an ability women only associate with much larger men, and it is a huge turn-on for them as they get completely dominated in bed.

I forget that I'm a shorter guy most of the time, I have a larger presence than most men when I'm out purely because I know I'm far stronger than them.

Agree with lifting. One advantage of being a short guy is you can look ripped in literally half the time it would take a 6 foot + guy with the same effort, the muscle has less place to go. I also where a trench coat to give that long, straight illusion. I also wear shoes which give a height increase of 8.5cm, with thick insoles and thick socks I'm like 5 foot 9, which is like UK average. It helps to be a good-looking guy facially as well.

"I have failed over, and over, and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed".

Odd note...

I have more success with taller girls than shorter girls. 5'4 - 5'8.

The ones I want, in the 5'0 - 5'3 range, seem to want taller guys.

That said, my last two girlfriends have been 5'0.

Shorter girls are more height conscious. They want a giant man to compensate her height deficiency to her offspring. That's why it sucks to be way below average.

A girl who's 6ft would date a guy who's 5'10.
A girl who's 5'2 would avoid like the plague guys shorter than 5'7. She'll even brag about her 6ft man!
A guy from 5ft to 7ft will bang a girl who's 5'2 if she's not fat!

I don't think those boots will give you 3-4 inches unless you are wearing inserts.

I have a few boots from Aldo in the 100-150 range that can be wore with formal attire as well as jeans. I have never been called out on them by a girl after they see me flat-footed although I am sure they notice. The only issue is you get psychologically dependent on them and you won't want to go out without the extra height.

Grils have asked if they can wear heels with me and I always tell them to do so.

I few inches does make a big difference if you are below average in height.

I cosign that shorter guys must develop their fashion sense and work out with weights. I am surprised when I meet shorter guys who have not made weight training an important part of their life.

I am 5'8 and have out-pulled most of my taller friends. Height is just another factor. Short guys need to work harder in other areas to stay competitive. Some of the most successful payers I have met have been shorter guys, but they have generally been handsome, muscular (proportioned), gregarious, solid game and had fashion sense.

It's ridiculous the TS thinks he's about 5'9" by wearing those boots.

I know some guys that actually think they are taller than they are. One friend of mine is a little over 5'8" and thinks he's 5'10". Its even on his license.

delete

[Image: mystery-and-style-pua-peacocking.jpg]

Looks completely normal to me.

As a tall guy, I'll gladly steal this

Quote: (11-28-2015 02:20 PM)The Wire Wrote:  

I know some guys that actually think they are taller than they are. One friend of mine is a little over 5'8" and thinks he's 5'10". Its even on his license.

From my experience, standard boots will get you around 2", but it's still a considerable difference. I'm a little above average height and boots can make you feel like a giant when you are standing beside people with normal footwear.

And it is true a lot of people think they are taller than they are.

I was waiting in line at the DMV one time when a guy was asked by the clerk to go check his height for his new license. He was wearing massive military boots (probably gave him 2-3 inches) and marched over to the door where the height chart was. He stood against it then asked some people sitting down how tall he was. Someone got up to check but before they could respond he cut them off and said "5'10? Okay cool," then walked away. He was maybe 5'8 on the chart with the boots on. It was hilarious.

Also, sometimes the subject of height comes up amongst people you are hanging out with. For example, someone who is clearly shorter than you will claim they are 6 feet tall and when you respond "well I'm 6 feet" they say "nah man, you are like 6'2." I've even had chicks I've dated think they are an inch or two taller than they actually are (until I proved them otherwise.)

Kudos to people who are not delusional about their own height, especially the shorter guys. Footwear, lifts, and lying online to add an inch or two is all fine as long as you are not lying to yourself about how tall you really are.

Quote: (11-29-2015 05:30 AM)balmainjeans Wrote:  

Quote: (11-28-2015 02:20 PM)The Wire Wrote:  

From my experience, standard boots will get you around 2", but it's still a considerable difference. I'm a little above average height and boots can make you feel like a giant when you are standing beside people with normal footwear.

And it is true a lot of people think they are taller than they are.

I was waiting in line at the DMV one time when a guy was asked by the clerk to go check his height for his new license. He was wearing massive military boots (probably gave him 2-3 inches) and marched over to the door where the height chart was. He stood against it then asked some people sitting down how tall he was. Someone got up to check but before they could respond he cut them off and said "5'10? Okay cool," then walked away. He was maybe 5'8 on the chart with the boots on. It was hilarious.

Also, sometimes the subject of height comes up amongst people you are hanging out with. For example, someone who is clearly shorter than you will claim they are 6 feet tall and when you respond "well I'm 6 feet" they say "nah man, you are like 6'2." I've even had chicks I've dated think they are an inch or two taller than they actually are (until I proved them otherwise.)

Kudos to people who are not delusional about their own height, especially the shorter guys. Footwear, lifts, and lying online to add an inch or two is all fine as long as you are not lying to yourself about how tall you really are.

I'm 5'6". Both my parents are 5'6". I used to be self conscious about it, but I realized it's one of those things you have no control over, and moved on. I recognize that it's a negative for most women, so I focus on changing what I can to compensate. I focus on gaining muscle, dressing with style, grooming well, and improving my social skills. I'm at the point where I don't even think about it unless it gets brought up, and even then I just shrug about it. I bought lifts but decided they were pointless and they're now collecting dust somewhere.

The closest I come to being delusional about it is giving myself an extra inch on dating sites. Women will next guys for the dumbest, most arbitrary reasons that they would overlook in person. If these 20lb overweight chicks can claim to be "fit", then adding an obligatory inch is fair game.