rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is it so hard to meet women who are into self development?

Even the most interesting women i met throughout my life were not into self development. I am really good friends with 2 women and they are my good friends because they have this entreprenaurial side that i havent seen in other women before.

Most of women i have met in my life were not that interesting, if i had shit in common with many of them is just that we could joke around and talk about shit that everybody else talks about. I never came across the next level type of women, all the very intelligent people i met in my life were guys, i cant think of a woman best seller that writes books about self development and the women that i admire are women that have this business side on them but they still lack that next level shit that many of us on here have.

Do you guys know any women who are into self development? I dont know if it is the women that i have been coming across or what.

I 100% agree and concur. I was just having this conversation with a friend. It is 'effing' frustrating. The best I can get out of a lizard is interest in 'social situations' aka Oprah / Reality TV. As if Reality TV could be considered sociology!

I know girls who are into self-development, but that usually entails getting into yoga/meditation, eating vegetarian, and fucking foreign men.

Quote: (09-02-2011 01:48 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

I know girls who are into self-development, but that usually entails getting into yoga/meditation, eating vegetarian

I don't trust yoga women.

Those are the self development girls I know too. Meeting, and swooping them has never been an issue. For as chill and centered as they claim to be a lot of them have major problems. I live in an area where women are all into yoga and healthiness. The one that teach the yoga, or spead the yoga word, can be really fit, and fuck the hell out of you. They are also most likely to cry after sex, or start screaming at 5 am because the swear a scorpion just bit them. Those are real world experiences I've had with yoga bitches.

Watch out.

Aloha!

You can meet them in seminars.... thats how I met my craziest ex gf, she was a self made millionaire but the relationship was a train wreck. I think I like my women a little more simple, happy, chill, even dumb really, as long as its not so bad that she doesn't get a movie like inception or something like that. Smart enough is good for me now I think.

Quote: (09-02-2011 03:19 PM)Riker Wrote:  

I think I like my women a little more simple, happy, chill, even dumb really

That's how I feel. Smarter women will argue with you to death. I don't need the drama. LOL

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-02-2011 03:45 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

That's how I feel. Smarter women will argue with you to death. I don't need the drama. LOL
Women who think they are smart will argue you to death.
The ones who are really smart know when to shut the fuck up!

To answer the title question, laziness. They dont have to be. America and Western Culture has handed them everything. There are college scholarships for being a woman. You got job preference is some (if not many) cases. In a court dispute a woman's word is almost always taken over a mans. They dont have to try for anything. The abundance of betas in the social scene means they dont even have to go out with money. Where something slutty and just smile at the right guy and a girl will probably drink free all night.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Self development?
You mean you want to talk with women into Tony Robbins ,Brian Tracy,seminars etc ??
Sounds like a death sentence!

One of my good friends goes to all these seminars..gets really "pumped" and then has to go and face the real world ,where most people don't go round talking about "living with PASSION".
He talks endlessly about self development...funny thing is,he's as broke as fuck!
As many of the people who are into this stuff are.The guys getting rich and "developing" are the those charging ridiculous sums for seminars ,books etc

I find it depressing ,going into a bookstore and seeing shelves and shelves of this shit,and then they have a couple of shelves of decent literature.

You need to get out more!

One of the reasons women don't really do "self-development" is they don't think rationally. They think emotionally, and I'm sure it's pretty hard to stay on a task when your brain is going 9 different ways.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (09-02-2011 05:26 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

One of the reasons women don't really do "self-development" is they don't think rationally. They think emotionally, and I'm sure it's pretty hard to stay on a task when your brain is going 9 different ways.

...and there you have it. Girls will be Girls and Boys will be Boys. Stop trying to make orange juice out of apples.

I don't know where you live mate,but here in Australia every second woman has a pile of self help books on her shelf.The whole concept of "you can be anything you want to be as long as you beleive" is a crock of shit. Say I dream all day about winning the Olympic 100m gold medal.. do you really think I'm going to win it without the genetic potential to do so? All the beleiving in the world won't make any difference.These self help gurus prey on insecure people and try to build them up with false confidence and other such nonsense to help them feel adequate..Do you really want to mixed up with girls who beleive this stuff? and the worst thing is they turn vicious if you punch holes in whatever dream they happen to be dreaming this week.

Most women think they're into self-development. But they aren't. My soon-to-be-ex was like that; she'd make plans, she'd take classes, she'd vow that she'd get into shape and lose weight and write novels and...

But she wouldn't actually DO any of it.

You know why?

Because it's fucking hard to improve yourself. And there are so many other fun things to do that it takes, you know, actual commitment. Gmac's point on thinking emotionally is right on target. My STBX would refuse to work out, for example, because she didn't have any other friends who worked out, and it was "all about relationships"--which was an excellent way to absolve yourself of any responsibility whatsoever.

Needless to say, this crashed right into my belief that there is no field of human endeavor at which I would not want to excel. And so I wound up being better than her at enough of the things that she wanted to be good at that she left me for reasons of low self-esteem (I found her journals). Go figure.

Quote: (09-02-2011 03:52 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (09-02-2011 03:45 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Women who think they are smart will argue you to death.
The ones who are really smart know when to shut the fuck up!

LOL!

I also noticed the smarter ones want to argue.

A supprising amount of strippers are into self-help and thats gotta tell you something.

A woman doesn't need to self-actualize and develop herself. An ugly woman who is into self development will always lose out to an attractive one who is not.

SAT analogy time

ManConfusedelf-actualization::woman:losing 25 lbs

Quote: (09-03-2011 03:33 AM)BazzookaBalls Wrote:  

A supprising amount of strippers are into self-help and thats gotta tell you something.

Lmao.
I'd say game is self-development and probably the best way to actually start improving yourself.
Pussy is the ultimate motivator and thats why a lot of men start getting into self-improvement. Women don't have that kind of drive since they can easily get guys.

Of course the more you get into this the more you start doing it for yourself and not for pussy.

Quote: (09-04-2011 08:27 PM)torontokid Wrote:  

Quote: (09-03-2011 03:33 AM)BazzookaBalls Wrote:  

Lmao.
I'd say game is self-development and probably the best way to actually start improving yourself.
Pussy is the ultimate motivator and thats why a lot of men start getting into self-improvement. Women don't have that kind of drive since they can easily get guys.

Of course the more you get into this the more you start doing it for yourself and not for pussy.

This is an extremely good point.

What do women (besides the ultra progressive liberal career driven sloths) have to keep them motivated besides maintaining their physical features (considering that's all men are looking for)?

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (09-04-2011 11:46 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

This is an extremely good point.

What do women (besides the ultra progressive liberal career driven sloths) have to keep them motivated besides maintaining their physical features (considering that's all men are looking for)?

Exactly.

The really interesting part is that self development eventually espouses improvement for yourself and not for pussy. However to get into it usually requires a desire for the pussy.
Its no joke, half the guys in self development stumbled upon it from pickup.

Heck, some guys take it too far. Look at the eckhart tolle threads on rsd.

I thought self development was bullshit before I got into picking up chicks.

Quote: (09-04-2011 11:46 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

1. That's not what all men are looking for. Especially when they got older.

2. Personally I've seen at least some women everywhere I go, from the gym to the Krav Maga classe. Eliana Rodrigues was one of my skydiving instructors some time ago, and she's the world champion now. Every chick I know in Russian community here is studying something.

But well, we're into very different chicks.

Women, and specifically very attractive women get everything handed to them, so there's really no need to self-develop beyond hitting the gym and eating right

And lots of them can't even do that; I recently ran into a girl I dated on-and-off for two years and the transformation was shocking.

- 19 years old when we met, 21 years old when I washed my hands of her.
- 5'8
- 118 lbs.
- Had an ass that you could bounce a quarter off of.
- Was a nice, perky B-cup with perfect, high-hanging breasts.
- faint outline of abs.
- No tattoos.
- Smooth, creamy skin (she's half-Welsh, half-Romanian, great combo).
- Overall score: 8.5

When I saw her I almost didn't recognize her, because;

- She is now 24.
- Still 5'8.
- At least 25 lbs heavier.
- The ass, while fatter, is still acceptable.
- The tits somehow haven't expanded even though she has, but she's lost her perk.
- Muffin Top.
- Tramp stamp.
- Mild acne.
- Overall score: 4

When we dated, this girl was a typical young girl; she didn't go the gym because she frankly didn't have to, and her idea of a home-cooked meal was throwing a few frozen chicken fingers onto a cookie sheet and putting it into the oven. I used to try to teach her how to cook (depressingly, like most young North American girls, she was next to worthless in the kitchen), and joked that she needs to learn because one day it's all going to catch up to her. She'd laugh me off and say by the time it does she'd be in her 30's.

Irony, sweet and delicious. If I have a daughter and she's fat, I will remind her of it; with the choice between spurring her into an eating disorder or having her become a jaded, never-married catlady, I'll take the eating disorder every time.

Torontokid who said that men are doing self improvement for pussy? Pussy is not the main factor why im doing this. Im not looking to feel physically well all the time because of pussy, im not looking to eat right because of pussy, im not looking to get rich because of pussy, i dont read books or try stay informed about the world because of pussy, i do that shit for myself. If everything you do is because of pussy then thats you, and if i was to date a girl then she better make sure she has something to offer apart from her looks, i cant date a girl for too long if she cant impress me in a intellectual way.

I find it funny how the guys above who said that people who preach self improvement are doing this to prey on insecure people and the latter one stay broke while the others preying get rich. Well guess what, self improvement books actually improved a lot of my life and before i started reading those type of books, i already had a similar way of seeing life like these people, so if their goal is to get rich then they are doing a great job and deserve to be making such money. If you cant give props to Anthony Robbins for his work then i bet you aint doing much with your life (torontokid this last paragraph is not for you).

I have a Swedish friend who is into self-development. She told me it's somewhat popular in her country; I don't know if it's true, however, but I think it could be possible as they have a more introvert culture.

Girls are into more important things like clothes, hair, and makeup.

I don't blame them.

Looks will get a woman further then being in touch with herself.

If girls did self development, they would probably kill themselves.

Quote: (09-05-2011 03:43 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Torontokid who said that men are doing self improvement for pussy? Pussy is not the main factor why im doing this. Im not looking to feel physically well all the time because of pussy, im not looking to eat right because of pussy, im not looking to get rich because of pussy, i dont read books or try stay informed about the world because of pussy, i do that shit for myself. If everything you do is because of pussy then thats you, and if i was to date a girl then she better make sure she has something to offer apart from her looks, i cant date a girl for too long if she cant impress me in a intellectual way.

I find it funny how the guys above who said that people who preach self improvement are doing this to prey on insecure people and the latter one stay broke while the others preying get rich. Well guess what, self improvement books actually improved a lot of my life and before i started reading those type of books, i already had a similar way of seeing life like these people, so if their goal is to get rich then they are doing a great job and deserve to be making such money. If you cant give props to Anthony Robbins for his work then i bet you aint doing much with your life (torontokid this last paragraph is not for you).

What I'm saying is that pussy is a great motivator to get guys into self improvement(through learning game), at which point they realize they should be doing it for themselves and not just for some chick who looks pretty and doesn't have anything else to offer.