rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

North Carolina

North Carolina

I started a thread the other day about moving from NYC to a less expensive city. After reading the responses and giving it some more thought, I'm narrowing it down to the South. Much cheaper than Cali, and much closer to NY, where I have lots of family and I'll want to visit regularly.

My background: mid-30s, Indian (raised in US, so no accent, if that makes a diff; well, Yankee accent), mediocre game (by Manhattan standards; bang 10-15 chicks a year), and into white chicks. Of the various states in the South, I'm leaning toward North Carolina for a few reasons (validity of said reasons is subject to question b/c it's just guesswork on my part, so pls correct me if I'm mistaken):
1. it gets me the feel of the South but is still driveable to NY
2. seems like NC is more likely to have single chicks in the 25-35 range than further south or west (but still in the South, like Tennessee) b/c it seems like in those places, women are more likely to marry young
3. less racism than deep South? Don’t want to get my Indian/Yankee ass lynched or shut out of the game b/c interracial dating is taboo (yeah, I know that this can work in favor of black guys, but not sure it would work in favor of Indian guys)

Now if my assumptions are way off, I’ll have to reconsider other southern states. But otherwise, within NC, I’m trying to decide between Charlotte and Raleigh. Any thoughts on lifestyle differences between those cities or where a guy like me has better odds or where the competition is weaker?

North Carolina

I hail from the Appalachian Highlands of Carolina del Norte, and have lived in Garner, Fuquay-Varina, Wilimington. Went to college at NCSU. I'd pick Raleigh, hands down. Charlotte sux. And Raleigh is closer to the beach, for weekend getaways. Raleigh has a couple female colleges, which keeps the ratio decent.

North Carolina

Quote: (09-01-2011 06:31 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I hail from the Appalachian Highlands of Carolina del Norte, and have lived in Garner, Fuquay-Varina, Wilimington. Went to college at NCSU. I'd pick Raleigh, hands down. Charlotte sux. And Raleigh is closer to the beach, for weekend getaways. Raleigh has a couple female colleges, which keeps the ratio decent.
What do you not like about Charlotte?

My thinking on Charlotte was that you'd get more women in the 25-35 range than in Raleigh.

North Carolina

Im a North Carolinian. And know Charlotte and Raleigh well. Ill give you a quick breakdown of the two cities.

Charlotte

Charlotte is alot bigger

Financial Hub (Banking)

More Expensive

Home of the Panthers and the Bobcats so you will have some pro sports to attend.

Nightlife is mostly concentrated in Uptown. Which is expensive.

Women are more up-tight and not as friendly

Raleigh

More of a college town.

Lots of young women. (Do to the Universities and the job opportunities in the triangle)

Great all around economy.

Affordable

1.5 hour drive to Wilmington (Awesome college town on the beach)

Women are nicer and more down to earth

Smaller than Charlotte, more of a mixture of suburbia.

Nightlife is concentrated downtown

Unless your looking to get a job into the banking or finance market id choose Raleigh ALL day.

North Carolina

Dash, thanks for the great breakdown.

Around what streets in Raleigh is the nightlife concentrated? Ideally, I'd get a place walking distance to the nightlife to make for easy logistics. I never understood how people outside Manhattan managed this - "you follow me in your car"??

North Carolina

Quote: (09-01-2011 06:58 PM)assman Wrote:  

Dash, thanks for the great breakdown.

Around what streets in Raleigh is the nightlife concentrated? Ideally, I'd get a place walking distance to the nightlife to make for easy logistics. I never understood how people outside Manhattan managed this - "you follow me in your car"??

Anywhere downtown / close to North Carolina State University and you will be good.

Not 100% on the exact names of the streets. This will give you a good idea

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1CHKZ_...d=0CAQQtgM

Although Raleigh isnt the city to not be having a whip.

North Carolina

Quote: (09-01-2011 07:04 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Anywhere downtown and you will be good.

Not 100% on the exact names of the streets.

Although Raleigh isnt the city to not be having a whip.
Like near the Amtrak station?

Yeah, I know I'll have to get a car for general living. I just don't want to have to drink and drive or deal with the extra logistics of bringing a girl back. I've been really spoiled by living walking distance to great nightlife in NYC.

North Carolina

Id advise going down there and going out during the weekend and walking around the area during the day to get a feel for things.

Not sure what real estate options you will have that close but im sure there is some stuff due to the University being so close

North Carolina

Didn't see your map link before, that's perfect, thanks.

North Carolina

Another benefit of Raleigh is your a short drive to Greenville.

Home of the sluttiest college girls in North Carolina! ECU!

North Carolina

Man look into Charleston, before you look into Raleigh or Charlotte. Hell look into Greenville, SC.

North Carolina

Dude why the fuck would you want to go to ECU? Those are the most disgusting females on this planet.

North Carolina

Quote: (09-01-2011 09:47 PM)rozayINTL Wrote:  

Dude why the fuck would you want to go to ECU? Those are the most disgusting females on this planet.

I assumed most guys liked a TON of HOT EASY chicks.

My bad [Image: lol.gif]

North Carolina

LoL. NC not racist? hahaha. You might want to reevaluate your choice to move from NYC to NC as an Indian. There are plenty of Indians in Raleigh, but I rarely saw them with White chicks. Maybe you're the outlier, but I'd strongly reconsider that move.

North Carolina

Why has no one mentioned Chapel Hill? Tons of talent there. Lots of Indians in Cary and Apex.

North Carolina

Quote: (09-02-2011 12:53 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Why has no one mentioned Chapel Hill? Tons of talent there. Lots of Indians in Cary and Apex.

Raleigh is pretty much Chapel Hill / Cary / Apex / Durhamn (sp?) The Triangle

All a VERY short drive with Raleigh as the base.

North Carolina

Quote: (09-02-2011 12:44 PM)dongthrust Wrote:  

LoL. NC not racist? hahaha. You might want to reevaluate your choice to move from NYC to NC as an Indian. There are plenty of Indians in Raleigh, but I rarely saw them with White chicks. Maybe you're the outlier, but I'd strongly reconsider that move.
Yikes! Anyone else care to comment on this issue?

One of the reasons I leaned toward NC over the rest of the South was that I figured racism and interracial dating would be less of an issue there. But maybe I'm off base here?

North Carolina

Quote: (09-03-2011 11:49 AM)assman Wrote:  

One of the reasons I leaned toward NC over the rest of the South was that I figured racism and interracial dating would be less of an issue there. But maybe I'm off base here?

I've been through a lot of the South (I am Mexican), and I will say the "racism" thing is a bit overblown. Sure, some of the redneck types can be a little racist, but if you stick to the cities & middle-class areas, you have nothing to worry about.

As far as interracial dating, as long as you are not an FOB or very short or have some other physical hang up, I would say you will do fine. Southern white girls tend to have a preference for tall, good-looking white guys, but it is not a super strong preference. I would say if you dress well (not like a thug) and approach them using cocky/funny type game, you will do ok.

The best advice was actually given several posts above. Fly down to NC and check out the cities you are interested in on a weekend. Don't just rely on this forum. You will be moving far, so make sure you get a good idea about the place before you move.

North Carolina

Interracial dating isn't an issue man. Not at all. Having said that I think you need to look more into Charlotte. Raleigh is boring as fuck in comparison. Charlotte is yes, a southern city, but has grown so much in the past 10-15 years because of an influx of people from all around the country. It is the financial hub (or banking hub) of the south east. Go check both cities out. Let me know what you think. It could be that Raleigh has an upside because it is less "out of control," less competition.

North Carolina

Easy E is absolutely right about interracial dating in NC. If you dress with style, class (look like you have money) southern girls will love you. The illusion (or reality) of money is everything.

Hell, maybe it's like that everywhere... but especially in Charlotte I know that's the case.

North Carolina

Thanks for easing my mind on the interracial dating aspect. Looking forward to hittin those corn fed booties.

North Carolina

Greensboro people anyone?

Cheap living, great college town lots of hot girls. Black dudes do really well here because the inter city parts of NC are very liberal and the ratios are very favorable in certain parts of town.

If there is any interest I could do a datasheet?

"Look Mama, no hands..."

North Carolina

Quote: (09-01-2011 06:31 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I live in North Carolina too.....Charlotte sucks hand down. All the places are a sausagefest on the weekend. Impossible to "game" in this kind of enviornment.

North Carolina isn't so bad if you're in college and that's the best way to gain access to pussy.

Otherwise, everyone marries too quickly. (and divorce in their 30's, so to game divorced women is the best option here)

North Carolina

Quote: (09-03-2011 11:49 AM)assman Wrote:  

There are many White chicks in the South who won't dare to marry Black guys but would do ONS with them.

North Carolina

Quote: (09-01-2011 09:46 PM)rozayINTL Wrote:  

Man look into Charleston, before you look into Raleigh or Charlotte. Hell look into Greenville, SC.

Charleston is great but you gotta dress up really well and look like you're made of money. There's a lot of chicks that comes from "old money" in the town.