rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I rent my spare bedroom to a female college student?

I rent a big two bedroom apartment by the big city park. It is right down the street from a major university. Would you guys think it would be a good or bad idea to rent to a female grad/college student?

I am in my thirties and work full time. So, I could use the extra help on the rent ($925 a month.)

I have a feeling though that I potentially will get fucked on the rent at some point, in time. I want to stay in my area. Splitting the rent will help me out, financially.

What are your expieriences splitting rent with a bitch?

1) Does your lease allow subletting?

2) Why does it have to be a female?

@Peregrine

My landlord does not care who rents with me. The name just goes on the lease.

The girls will bring other girls. (In theory.)

No. Don't fucking do it.

In my experience, and just from how bad things have gotten since the last time I had a woman living with me or split rent with one, it's a disaster waiting to happen. Even living with guys can invite drama but having a woman living with you is a bad call. You're one phone call and one really bad mood away from being in lock-up. I'm in my early 40s, too many relationships to count, lived with 3 women or had them living with me short-term. I had dated two of whom. I was doing a FAVOR for one ex, letting her stay with me on my couch for a month, which turned into a couple, and like the proverbial camel sticking its nose in the tent, it was a bitch getting her to leave.

Don't try to dip your pen in the inkwell at home, what happens when things go south? Not if, but WHEN? You really want to fuck your life up, your job, your living situation, end up in jail, for supposedly easier, convenient poon?

I'm sorry, but if you're even thinking of doing this because 'it'll bring other girls (in theory)' then your priorities are really skewed. You're in prime earning years, and also prime years for some girl to see you're working hard and wanting to latch on. Went through a couple pregnancy scares too, also NOT fun. Oh, and one girl who didn't even live with me got really hostile with me at MY place during our break-up conversation (now I know it's a dumb move to have a heated conversation in your own space, esp. without video monitoring). I had to physically pull her to get her out of my house. That was about 8 years ago. If I was in the same situation now, the zeitgeist of American women has shifted more toward 'let's get the law involved and scream bloody murder.'

TL;dr:

NO. DON'T FUCKING DO IT!

EDIT: Note that the two women I mentioned (one who lived with me short-term, the other I ejected from my appt after repeated requests) were both native-born Hungarian women who'd come to the US. They weren't native-born or fully-indoctrinated American girls. I can't even imagine how bad it could have been in that case...

Advise against. Do not shit in your own nest.

If you need the rent money get a chill beta in.

Are you in the USA?
Your second post in this thread seems like you are specifically looking for a female flatmate so you can bang her friends (or her).
If you need a female roommate for her friends, your game is probably not on the level to be able to avoid drama while trying to bang your flatmate and her friends.

Don't live with women. Rent the room but only to men. Preferably other bachelor's that vibe well with you.

Dupe thread: thread-49789.html

In short, don't do it! Not worth the risk.

Men and women were not meant to cohabitate outside of marriage.

Why not rent it to a social male college student who will bring girls?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Do it.

[Image: OieiFBv5.jpg]

Quote: (11-15-2014 08:53 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
But guys, the fight itself isn't the focus here. How the whole thing was instigated by 1 girl is the big deal.

Unless you're ok with her sneaking random dudes in and fucking them, I'd say no. I don't like strange dudes I don't know on my property.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Send us a photo of the girl in question and we will help you decide.

In all seriousness, no don't do it.

airbnb the extra room, more money, more control, no long term deal.

Sounds good in theory cause you're picturing some sort of panty raid scenario where they just wanna bang you. Or a non stop train of fuckable young fit chicks that find you "cool" through association. Not gonna happen. You'll have ten weird college dudes in the house before you know it challenging your territory and manhood. Fuck that noise. College chicks are disgusting as well. The bathroom will be a mess. She'll think shes a princess and won't clean shit. No no no. Dont do it.

I lived with a couple female college students for two years back when I was in college. One year it was one girl with me and a couple other guys. The next year it was a big house with the same group plus a couple other guys and another girl who was to share a room with the original girl. They were supposedly friends. In total we had like 6 people living in a 4 bedroom house. I lived on the same side as the girls, so I shared a bathroom with them. Here are some highlights of what I remember from that enriching experience:

-The bathroom was always taken. These girls took the longest showers, so pretty much every time I had a morning class at the same time as one of them I knew I wasn't gonna be able to use the bathroom. When I did get to enjoy a shower in the bathroom I shared with them, filled to the brim with various brushes and makeup and shampoo of theirs, the drain was always clogged with their hair.

-The girls did cook often, and sometimes they'd share their food with me when they cooked too much. They also pretty much never did their dishes and I remember that year was a disaster dish wise. Everyone claiming they did their dishes yet the sink was eternally clogged GTFO of here. We needed a camera there to monitor that shit.

-We tried to be communal and developed a weekly chore list that would rotate responsibilities. Simple shit like take out the garbage, clean one bathroom, etc. The girls basically dodged their chores constantly, always claiming they were too busy studying (watching Netflix). This lazy attitude spread throughout the house, and by the end of the year it was basically me and a couple other guys doing everything.

-Most notably, at one point the girls got into a cold war over something. I don't remember what it was at this point, but knowing women I'm sure it was something trivial. They basically stopped talking to one another entirely, despite sharing a room together, opting to give each other the silent treatment instead. As you can imagine, this made the house awkward as they would pass each other in the hall way and say nothing day after day. This went on for over a month, before they were suddenly friends again. Of course, they never mentioned why they made up and just pretended that nothing had ever happened between them.

The next year I lived in a small apartment with just me and two other guys. Now I live alone and I couldn't see it any other way. Like everyone else has said, don't live with chicks. Especially college-aged ones. They are usually very immature and messy. Maybe you get a super studious one, but you could just as easily rent out your spare room to a foreign guy from China who will just study and sit in his room playing computer games all day.

[Image: thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif]

two scoops
two genders
two terms

A good friend of mine had a female college roommate. Totally changed his outlook on women. She would bring home 4-5 different guys every week, mostly black guys who would use her for a dumpster and leave. She was constantly drunk or drugged up. Disgusting human being with no self respect.

After that, he dropped the nightclub scene, seeing what those girls are like in their off time.

Quote: (04-26-2017 11:15 AM)Jim Johnson Wrote:  

A good friend of mine had a female college roommate. Totally changed his outlook on women. She would bring home 4-5 different guys every week, mostly black guys who would use her for a dumpster and leave. She was constantly drunk or drugged up. Disgusting human being with no self respect.

After that, he dropped the nightclub scene, seeing what those girls are like in their off time.

Maybe it's a good idea for men that still put women on a pedestal [Image: biggrin.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg36500]   

Nahhhh...

There are better ways to get pussy.

But there are not too many quicker ways to turn your place into a cock-nest.

I did this once in my teenage years, rented out 3 of the 4 bedrooms of a house to some girls off Craigslist. Next thing you know one of the girls and her hoodrat bf jamal are chilling on my couch in the living room, which looks terrible when i bring one of my own girls over.

Girls are communal people, and when you have one as a room mate your house essentially becomes a flop house for her, her friends, her boyfriend, his friends, her friends boyfriends, and her friends boyfriends friends.

I subleased a room from a house with three girls in college.

No major horror stories, these were decent girls, but the day to day matters could be a serious pain. The bathrooms were a diaster, overflowing with feminine products and hair. The random men coming by at odd hours. Each girl, at one point in the year, unilaterally and unannounced, decided to buy a new pet. Two dogs and a cat. I had to train and housebreak the dogs because the girls did not want the dog for any purpose other than cuddles. Any girl I tried to date suspected I was sleeping with my roommates. Sex and the City marathons. And they tended to park such that I could not move my own car, always right before hitching a ride to school with a neighbor.

Some upsides. Met a ton of their slutty friends. Since none of them could cook, I got plenty of practice cooking and the kitchen was practically my private domain. Shattered any illusions I had about women being special perfect princesses.

I would not recommend it on the whole. Privacy alone is worth the extra money, even if it comes out of your booze and entertainment budget.

Don't.

G

Nope.

You will be voluntarily setting up your own demise.

Someone on these forums has an excellent catchphrase which I will paraphrase "male thirst is the root of all evil".
Don't be that guy.