rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Visa tips for bringing a girl back to USA

I love foreign women but really prefer to live in America. I know there's ways to meet foreign women in the states, but are there ways to bring back a foreign girlfriend, for a year or two? I don't want to get married so I'm not interested in the fiancee visa.

I own a company so in theory I could sponsor a work visa, but it seems they need you to show that the person has specialized training that you can't find locally.

Has anyone brought a foreign girlfriend back to the states for longer than a tourist visa? Or looked into it? Would love to learn more about this.

Your best bet is a student visa! Find a local community college and inquire if they sponsor student visas...Studying English seem to be a popular choice.

You don't have to get married if you bring her on a fiance visa - she will have 90 days to decide if she wants to marry or not. The downside - you can sponsor someone on a fiance visa twice in your life. After that you will have to justify it a little better!

There's always a border run option from Mexico - but it's not worth it in my opinion unless you know what you doing.
I would also be interested in a skill based work visa,but I hear they are hard to process.

Quote: (04-05-2017 02:43 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

I love foreign women but really prefer to live in America. I know there's ways to meet foreign women in the states, but are there ways to bring back a foreign girlfriend, for a year or two? I don't want to get married so I'm not interested in the fiancee visa.

[Image: cat-travel-carrier.jpg]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (04-05-2017 03:48 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

[Image: cat-travel-carrier.jpg]

Excellent choice. You can fit about three or four girls from Thailand in there.

G

I own a company so in theory I could sponsor a work visa, but it seems they need you to show that the person has specialized training that you can't find locally.

Has anyone brought a foreign girlfriend back to the states for longer than a tourist visa? Or looked into it? Would love to learn more about this.

If you try that, you would find that it is harder now that Trump is president. Also, if you ever marry a chick that came here on a visitor or business visa, the USCIS may not let her get a green card. They will know what you did, because lots of people do this, especially rich-ish ones from China and other parts of Asia. They absolutely hate people that circumvent the K1/K3 visa process.

Then those same folks have to get a good immigration lawyer and go through hell to get it fixed.

If you do it anyway, better not let her state that she is going anywhere near you when she applies for it.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

If you're wanting her here a year or two then the easiest route is what Wayout suggested. Enroll her in a cheap Junior College on an F visa (students). You can get her a B visa (visitor) but she'll have to get extensions and those aren't guaranteed and max is 1 year. She won't be able to legally work on either of those visas, unless she's an F-1 student and works ON-campus less than 20 hours a week.

I wouldn't fuck around with the K visas (fiancee) if you have no intention of marrying her. She'll only get 90 days and then have to depart with no extensions possible. In the future, you may actually find a foreign hotty you wanna bring over, and you'll possibly have trouble convincing the gov't to let you do this again.

And if you're going to hire an immigration attorney, do your research. A lot of "immigration" attorneys don't specialize in immigration matters but will certainly take your cash and merely have their legal secretary fill out forms you could do yourself.

Wouldn't it be much more simple to find a foreign community near you and find cute girls that live there.

Quote: (04-27-2017 05:20 PM)Malamore Wrote:  

Wouldn't it be much more simple to find a foreign community near you and find cute girls that live there.

Have you met both foreign girls and their western counterparts? They get worse living in the west by the day.

Smart move for the OP to want to trade her in after a year or two. I take it he's done this before.

My fiancee died during delivery. That was the last time i ordered a mail order bride from China.

Quote: (04-27-2017 10:53 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

My fiancee died during delivery. That was the last time i ordered a mail order bride from China.

I'm extremely sorry to hear this. My condolences, brother.

G

Quote: (04-27-2017 11:04 PM)Geomann180 Wrote:  

I'm extremely sorry to hear this. My condolences, brother.

G

Hey, it was a joke. Maybe a bad one.

Quote: (04-27-2017 11:05 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Hey, it was a joke. Maybe a bad one.

Hah! No worries!

[Image: 123ec66e588aeeeadb42a76ab8b03d8f.jpg]

G

They have a better chance of survival if you bring them in the airplane cabin vs in the cargo hold. They make carriers for your pussy that'll slide right under the seat

[Image: pet-travel-carrier-bag-1.jpg]

Just put her in one of these and she wont disturb the other passengers

[Image: gimp.jpg]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

I read B visa holders can work as domestic servants. That's what the us embasdy website says anyway. Like living in someone's house as an au pair.

I have a girl I want to bring over from Laos to USA for a 2-3 month road trip. I'm encouraging here to apply but she has no confidence about her chances. Everyone she knows gets denied.

She asked me for a letter but the embassy website says it's not needed. That they don't even use letters in their evaluation. It bears no weight.

However it also says they need proof she can fund her trip without working. So I assume they'll need something from me saying we will be camping in national parks in my RV and her expenses will be nothing.

It seems contradictory.

I remember when gettingbmy china visa people made it sound overly complicated. I ignored the bullshit people. It was as easy as preparing the forms, documents, paperwork, paying the fee. I'm guessing it's a little more complicated for the US. Most young Asian girls I meet get repeatedly denied.

Someone said don't let the girl mention she's going to see her bf? My Laos girl went to a visa agency today and they told her something similar. What should she say to the embassy? I'm her homo friend she's going on a family road trip with? Have my sister write the letter?

Quote: (05-11-2017 03:50 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

I read B visa holders can work as domestic servants. That's what the us embasdy website says anyway. Like living in someone's house as an au pair.

I have a girl I want to bring over from Laos to USA for a 2-3 month road trip. I'm encouraging here to apply but she has no confidence about her chances. Everyone she knows gets denied.

She asked me for a letter but the embassy website says it's not needed. That they don't even use letters in their evaluation. It bears no weight.

However it also says they need proof she can fund her trip without working. So I assume they'll need something from me saying we will be camping in national parks in my RV and her expenses will be nothing.

It seems contradictory.

I remember when gettingbmy china visa people made it sound overly complicated. I ignored the bullshit people. It was as easy as preparing the forms, documents, paperwork, paying the fee. I'm guessing it's a little more complicated for the US. Most young Asian girls I meet get repeatedly denied.

Someone said don't let the girl mention she's going to see her bf? My Laos girl went to a visa agency today and they told her something similar. What should she say to the embassy? I'm her homo friend she's going on a family road trip with? Have my sister write the letter?

You can't be this naive to think this will work out for her. A poor girl from Laos coming over on a non-fiancee visa with almost no funds? With no hotel reservations but a letter saying your gonna tour around in a RV. I have had middle class friends get visas rejected with plane tickets, hotels, and even proof of funds / property.

Slim to Zero chance. Probably have a better chance flying her to Mexico and having her cross illegally. Then again, Mexico probably wouldn't even approve such a visa.

^ 100%.

She has everything to gain and nothing to lose by staying.

I want to get my 'main in Ukraine' a chance to visit me in the US; is a tourist visa a realistic expectation?

Quote: (05-11-2017 08:26 AM)scrambled Wrote:  

I want to get my 'main in Ukraine' a chance to visit me in the US; is a tourist visa a realistic expectation?

I knew someone who tried that for a really long time and it never worked.

Does she have anything tying her to Ukraine itself? A house, good job, etc.

Quote: (05-11-2017 08:42 AM)This Is Trouble Wrote:  

Retail store job; flat in the concrete suburbs; graduate degree in Econ;

If not, is a fiancee visa the only solution? We are fairly serious

Quote: (05-11-2017 08:46 AM)scrambled Wrote:  

Yeah, doubt that will be enough from what I've heard.

Student visa is another option, but pretty pricey.

Quote: (05-11-2017 08:46 AM)scrambled Wrote:  

You have zero chance of her coming over here then on a visitor visa. She needs her own company and alot of money to even have a shot at that.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Yes I'm "naive" to the visa process. I just started investigating it. That's why I'm here asking questions.

I agree. I don't think she'll get approved for the visa. Somewhat because she's dumb and lazy about this kind of thing. She's clueless about how to present herself professionally and maximize her assets. If she did she'd have taken over her ex-sponsors business now.

Also she knows many other Laos people who got multiple rejections. So she's not being proactive. She's barely willing to invest in the process. She's convinced she won't be approved. So why bother.

My girl in Laos does own her own house in the capitol. It's a very nice big house. Her family has a nice house too. She also owns a nice car. She also has thousands of dollars invested (poorly) in Laos. Is this enough? Maybe not.

She may start a job training program there soon. She'd like to start her own small home business afterwards. I'm not sure she has the follow through to get it up and running. I'm sure that would help the visa.

Her family are all educated and working good jobs in Vientiane. She spends the majority of her time with them. The family bonds are strong. I don't know how the interview goes about determining the actuality of that. But it's true she doesn't want to live away from them long term.

I think she has a good case but it's not solid. I'm thinking it really comes down to money.

My Chinese girl had no issue getting her visa even though she had family in the USA she was staying with. But she owned a successful business in china. So I'm guessing it's mostly comes down to showing the visa office you have a good job back in your home country.

As for showing tickets hotels and all that. The visa website says that bears no weight on their decision. They actually advise you not to book anything until after you get the visa.

You could fly her ass to Mexico and she can walk across the Rio Grande. She won't need a visa and the state will give her free shit.

Getting a temporary visa to come to the U.S. is mostly about money. The people that get accepted for a temporary visa - student, visitor's, business, etc. - are people who have good reasons to go back to their country after being in the U.S. The U.S. embassy is not likely to give the visa to a poor person who, as mentioned above, has everything to gain and nothing to lose by staying in the U.S. after their temporary visa stay expires.

So the people who are likelier to get a visa approval are people with a good job in their home country, are married to someone there, has younger children there, doesn't have too many family members in the U.S., etc.

The people who are less likely to be approved don't make much money, are dating someone in the U.S., or are single.

But, the most important part of it all is probably money - people with money are just likelier to get the visa, because why would they want to become undocumented in the U.S. (after overstaying their visa) when they have a good life back home?

Quote: (04-05-2017 03:30 PM)Wayout Wrote:  

Your best bet is a student visa! Find a local community college and inquire if they sponsor student visas...Studying English seem to be a popular choice.

Student visas still require the person to have a lot of money, or have a financial sponsor. The applicant has to show money in their family's bank account to cover the entire length of the school program, including living expenses - so usually at least $10,000 or much more. If they don't have that money, it's true that they can get a financial sponsor, but that means having connections, and usually someone with connections is moneyed anyway, at least in developing countries.
She'd probably be laughed out of the embassy if she claimed you (the gringo in America) as the financial sponsor, because the embassy would think that you want to marry her, etc.

Do you have a link?
There is a visa for au pairs but I believe that it's not the B visa. I may be wrong.

Yeah, the invitation letter is pretty useless. People wrongly believe that it helps or even that it's necessary. But what matters most is that you show the embassy that you have every reason to go back home after your stay is done in the U.S.

What does seem to help a bit is applying for a B2 visa for a special event, like a wedding or a graduation ceremony.

Also, sometimes particular embassies will seem to suddenly be giving everyone a visitor's visa, and everything we've discussed on this thread goes out the window for a while. It does seem to happen, if only for certain periods of time, Maybe there's a quota system.

Yeah, if she mentions that she's seeing someone in the U.S. and that she'll be spending time with him on her trip, they're going to deny the visa.

Anyhow, as others have mentioned, if a visitor's visa is not an option, and assuming she doesn't have money to invest in the U.S., then the fiance visa is another option. You have to have met at least once in person in the last two years.

Gringoed, I forgot to mention that you might wish to consider the H-2b visa program. It's for temporary workers in times of seasonal high demand. Like ski lift operators in Colorado during the winter. It may be an option for your girl. Not all countries are eligible.