rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Life advice for a high school senior.

To any older Bros, some guidance would be much appreciated.
(Background info...)
- I am on the final leg of my high school career. I did "fine" grade wise. I got excepted to college. Whole nine yards. I discovered RP thinking about a year ago and it changed me for the better. Long story short, I don't want more school. I want to get out. I'm learning Russian (I fell in love with the culture) and have aspirations to travel. Maybe teach english. (College degree needed?)
- So am I going through a phase or should I follow this path? And if so are there any tips to working in foreign lands or getting a cash flow. (I'm going through the forum now for tips.) Any books I should read? Many thanks guys!

Are you good with math and science? If so, get a stem degree. Don't avoid college, just make sure you don't borrow too much or get a useless degree.

Rich Dad Poor Dad. It's a great book.

I'm in your position.. though at 30! What is your passion beside the Russian Language? What wiuld be the ideal way for you to spend 50-60 Hours working? And also don't let this Red Pill stuff sway you away from college!

A degree, if alligned to your passions, can open so many doors my friend. And most importantly, don't lie to yourself kid. It's only going to bite you in the ass later if you do. You might be sick of school... but please find a way to love learning if you don't already.

College is a different game compared to school, so don't think that you'll dislike college because you dislike school.

College is not the only avenue you can take. You can also go to trade school. Consider all your options, and ask a lot of different people for advice.

And yes, you are going through a phase.

1. You're not in the right frame of mind to make that choice yet. Any completely life altering choice yet. You need a sense of direction into anything you want to do. So dip your toes in the water at the very least.

2. Stack cash simply to stack cash. Work part time as a lifeguard at a busy pool in town, try promoting, etc. Anywhere you can make shit pay and meet chicks. Save it up and go travel in your down time.

3. Try college just to see it and if you feel like you're learning and doing well keep at it for a functional degree. You'll be able to tell after a year if it's for you.

4. While in college try to hustle on the side. Try to start something up. Sell your old notes for classes. Etc.

5. Meet and talk to everyone. The amount of access you have to people your age and/or in your mindset is without equal in that environment.

6. Everything you do right now is a phase and will be a phase. Think long term, but at most half a year in advance unless it has to deal with making money(then feel free to plan as much as you like but you have to make tangible steps to achieve that every day which you more than likely won't do).

7. Figure out what works for you because commitment to anything and I mean anything right now for you is null. You're going to have to build up a work ethic and that means ordering your life and not drowning in the pleasures of life while it's being shoved down your throat. If you don't learn how to do it now you're gonna fuck your life up.

8. The one thing you have right now is energy and time. Every day you need to jump into something new to a degree. While doing this, as I said earlier in point 7, you're going to need to order your time so learn to relegate a certain amount of time to this endeavor. So with that time jump head first into everything under the sun that can improve your life and your station. Foreign language club try it, Muay Thai classes do it, Salsa dancing fuck yeah, banging every chick under the moon any day.

9. Dream big. Bigger than Russia. Bigger than models. Bigger than my ego. Big like Donald Trump. You're gonna need to go in with the mentality that anything is possible. Never get down no matter what just keep striving. If you've got lofty goals they'll help you get up at 7 AM with a smile on your face, rather than half awake like the rest of the people around you.

10. Fuck sleep. You're young so it's not going to bother you as much. You can survive on 3-4 hours if need be though I would recommend 5-7 if you want to function correctly. Stay up late and force yourself awake when you need too. You should be up early. You need to take advantage of both day and night. You'll also learn the value of that mid day 2 hour nap.

Those are all the things I can list of the top of my head. Drill them into your head. You'll need it because your life is still ahead of you as is mine. Though I've spent enough time learning that these are the things that I should have focused on.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Are you interested in and have the capacity to succeed at STEM?

If the answer is "no" don't go to college. It's a waste of time and money. You won't learn anything you don't already know or can't read on the internet. The professors and administrators live in a Marxist liveral bubble and will do everything in their power (which on a college campus is a lot) to make you bend to their worldview. And in exchange for that privilege, you will be in debt to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars, or more, and having a 4 year degree is so commonplace now it won't bring you any advantages in securing a job.

Work. Make money. Save money. Go out and have fun. Be young. Don't waste your time with that antiquated system of bullshit just cause every figure of authority in your life says "Oh well, you HAVE to go to college!" It's not what it used to be. Not only do you not have to go, you're far better off NOT going.

Well, would a degree in business be a good idea? I'm taking a couple business classes and I'm excelling at them. Perhaps I could try entrepreneurship. Or real estate. After a few years my money would be working for me.

The only advantage of going to school for business would be the contacts you meet there. The degree itself is worthless without a network behind it. Any "knowledge" of business that a professor will impart on his classes in lecture halls of several hundred people is readily available online, and for free.

The internet changed everything. The accumulated knowledge of mankind is available and FREE to everyone. "Higher education" no longer has any kind of practical reason to exist unless it's for specialized and skilled fields.

Develop a work ethic and some social skills.follow the Roosh V program and force yourself to focus on work/self development for at least 60 hours a week.

Also, go to the cheapest accredited 4 year collgee you can find. If you can, commute from home to save $.

As far as Career fields take a glimpse at every thing stable. Their is so much information on software development and Accounting on this forum and I would definitely read through those threads when you get a chance.

Growth Over Everything Else.

For what it's worth,
The decision will affect your entire life. I'm 28 and I am starting to see the decisions people made at 18. Some engineers don't like their work so much when the economy slows...

--> I see that you're leaning towards entrepreneurship. I'm am one of those... I have had 11 occupations before I figured out what I want to do. I learned a lot from working low-pay jobs.

It sounds like you may need to take a year off... Do some major work on your work. I know tons of guys who went to school and they hate what they are doing.
*You need discipline to decide if you want to go back or not. Falling in love with instant money is seductive. Professional Degrees are safe. But if you don't enjoy it. Don't do it.

Stacking cash for the sake of stacking cash is not really a great idea. I have rich friends and they are hollow. They're happy, but hollow.
I'm very pro-wealth and getting that paper, but you gotta know what it's for. When you're rich, you don't impress many of your neighbors with a Ferrari.

It depends what you want... Do you want money? Do you want stability? Do you want adventure? Fulfilment? Do you like sitting down all day? Do you like helping people?
How do you handle stress? How do you behave when no one is looking? Are you a self starter? How do you react if you have no money in your bank account?
Most of all you need to know how ambitious you are... Not wishing or hoping to be ambitious... But if you are ambitious or not.
My suggestion is to ask yourself the hard questions and come up with a plan any plan with some sort of substance and passion behind it.

You can have it all if you work smart enough.
Considering there is no such thing as stability anymore in this volatile economy.

I'm telling you this, because I was in the same position as you. I was the only guy out of my crew who moved out of province and went to a creative school instead of a sure thing.

I went to architecture school in the middle of the recession. There were no jobs. But because I had an artistic background. I ended up working on 3 Hollywood films and making 4 film shorts. I got to hang out with like-minded creatives, they aren't throwing yacht parties but it was alright.

The name of the game in the adventure game is getting yourself out there and I mean out there. You need to be the top Russian Translator in the Game or you will suffer.

You need to be the BEST at what you do. Not 2nd place, not 3rd place. The Best in your niche. If it's teaching Russian to blind Croatians who are new to the country. You're the Top Dog.

Whether you take the money route or the adventure route you have to know a good opportunity when you see it. I'm a bit of a lone wolf, so knowing yourself is critical. If you need people around you for support, find them. Educate yourself enough to spot a sucker/fake "mentors" along the way. Because they can ruin your life by following them.

There is no real answer to your question. Whatever you do, go 100.
Read a book called Mastery by Robert Greene.

I could go on.. But, you have to take this seriously, but not so seriously that you stress or paralyse yourself from "risky" decisions.

Don't be stupid. Do what you are VERY GOOD at and EXCEL. Dismiss all the stuff your bad or dislike at.

Learning is very frustrating work. Suicidal hard. You get frustrated with the thing and life in general if you're doing right. Stick with it.

You'll be rewarded.

All the Best.

PS - Real successful entrepreneurship is an EXTREMELY LONELY occupation. You've been warned.

1. Learn basic economics- Thomas Sowell, or the Uncle Eric Book series
2. Learn how to talk to strangers- Dale Carnegie, or books on sales
3. Understand that there is no job beneath you- (you need experience)
4. Set goals for yourself- one year, five year, perhaps even 10. Ask yourself, who am, I where am I, and where do I want to go?
5. MAKE YOU THE FOCUS OF YOUR LIFE
5. Find people to model yourself after
6. Eat right, exercise, learn how to fight.
7. Know and understand that you will never lose out on pussy by chasing opportunities, but you'll lose opportunities by chasing pussy.
8. DO NOT BECOME A PARENT UNTIL YOU ARE ESTABLISHED

Good luck

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Don't chase becoming a corporate wage slave. Odds are if this forum is a place you fit in the corporate world is not for you. Take risks. If you're interested in business, network and see if you can work under someone in an area you are interested in. Then once you can afford it and have an understanding of the industry go into business for yourself.

If you want to go the college route go for a stem degree - you can turn that into a job in just about any field. Save money going to an in state school or establish residency out of state before starting at the school you want to go to.

The advise I'm gonna give you is based on person experience.

Never follow money. Always follow your passion. With little creativity, plenty money can be made on side with little to no investment in Events, Marketing, Brokerage, et cetera.

Never rush, You may be called lazy, confused, undetermined among other things but don't rush. Some of your decisions may shape your whole life.

Set goals, set deadlines to achieve those goals. It keeps you motivated and keeps you from distractions.

Never reveal your weaknesses. Not even to your closest of friends. You'll always be vulnerable to exploitation if you do.

Be practical. There's nothing wrong with being selfish.

Surround yourself with successful and ambitious people as much as you can.

Avoid unnecessary confrontation. Avoid haters. It's best not to engage them.

Quote: (01-09-2017 08:21 AM)Xeo Wrote:  

Well, would a degree in business be a good idea? I'm taking a couple business classes and I'm excelling at them. Perhaps I could try entrepreneurship. Or real estate. After a few years my money would be working for me.

You don't need a degree for real estate just experience. And there's a lot of money in it too, but it won't give you any kind of marketable skill other than sales experience(granted that's the kind of skill that will help you off your resume more than on it).

Also a business degree is worthless. Never a good idea.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Here in Sweden universitie degrees are free, so should i go or will it be a waste of TIME?

the best way to get rich with out going through a lot of schooling is learn a trade that is in high demand, then start your own buisness
in that trade. Trade buisnesses are easy to start, all you need are hand tools and a truck, and if your trade is in high demand, you will
be making a lot of money. But the problem is america is already a developed first world country, not very many trades is in high demand.
Back in the 1950s trades were in high demand.

If entrepreneurship was easy everyone would be rich, as for real estate, people only buy houses if they are rich, so if you go into real estate I hope you know rich people.

if you want to work in a foreign land, then you should find out what skill/trade/degree is in demand in that foreign land. Learn that
trade/skill in america, then bring that skill/trade over to the foreign land, because most likely your trade/skill in america will highly sought after in the foreign land.

teaching english in a foreign land you will need a university degree with a lot of certifications if you want to make
a lot of money, otherwise you will be making very little.
Quote: (01-08-2017 10:37 PM)Xeo Wrote:  

To any older Bros, some guidance would be much appreciated.
(Background info...)
- I am on the final leg of my high school career. I did "fine" grade wise. I got excepted to college. Whole nine yards. I discovered RP thinking about a year ago and it changed me for the better. Long story short, I don't want more school. I want to get out. I'm learning Russian (I fell in love with the culture) and have aspirations to travel. Maybe teach english. (College degree needed?)
- So am I going through a phase or should I follow this path? And if so are there any tips to working in foreign lands or getting a cash flow. (I'm going through the forum now for tips.) Any books I should read? Many thanks guys!