rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Everything happens for a reason"

Have you ever been with a girl, especially one you've committed to, and she throws out this line?

It's the most inane verbiage that proliferates the minds of young females.

I've googled tons of articles and have found no sort of philosophical argument in favor of this theory.

It teaches women that no matter what happens within a relationship or breakup, there will always be a better deal waiting around the corner, a prince charming who will swoop her up and make the entire past relationship irrelevant.

Clearly these women haven't met enough post-wallers who blew too many shots at their good relationships. Clearly they haven't visited a prison and seen the regret in every man's eyes, the self-awareness of their ruined lives.

I have a theory that this philosophy causes much destruction in people's lives. "Hey, I just wasted my entire youth with men that didn't marry me, but everything happens for a reason!"

How to Get What You Want
(Everything Happens For a Reason - and It's All Your Fault)

Full Article here:

http://www.gll-getalife.com/get-success/...f-the-time

I know, it's (((Amy Schumer))), but this the mindset them have. Women don't use philosophical reasoning, they use feelings which is rooted in solipsism.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

This is the most American idea in the world. In fact, you can say it's the American idea, and the biggest reason we're the one country in the world that really matters. And yes -- every last city Americunt possesses this idea pretty much as organically as a Mormon elder, a Purdue engineer, or an up and coming football star on a scholarship in some gloriously insane militarized prep school in Alabama.

"Everything happens for a reason" means: the entire past -- no matter how seemingly barren, wretched, or unwise it has been -- is the best of all pasts, because it has led to this present, this moment and therefore -- and most importantly -- to the future and its possibilities which are known -- known -- to be strictly boundless and unlimited. This is something that a true American believes as a matter of course and, in fact, so shruggingly that it would never occur to him or her to question it. It's the belief which is our birthright and which we never give up unless we give up on life itself.

If you say that this leads to some worthless basic bitch always thinking that Prince Charming is just around the corner, well, you're right, it does. She's an American after all, so she knows that the next thing is always better than the last one, that the only point of the past is that it has brought her to what she can do and what she can be NOW. It also leads to some 65 year old granny down in Florida getting a full sleeve tattoo for the first time in her life because she decided she can. It also leads to Donald Trump becoming president of the United States. It is part of the great health of America which is the health that is stronger and sweeter than any other: the health of youth.

We are a young culture, and a fundamentally future-oriented and hopeful one. It makes our men and women insane in their different ways; it also makes us into an unstoppable force that sweeps all else aside and that will keep conquering the world for as long and far as the eye can see. You might think that we've had our problems recently, and maybe we have; but because here, if nowhere else, everything happens for a reason, these problems are only going to lead to greater and entirely new opportunities. In other words, not only Great Again; but, very importantly, Greater Than Ever Before.

In short, next time you hear these sacred words, "everything happens for a reason", from some seemingly unprepossessing or even deluded American slut, know that in her humble way she is expressing the health and strength of the greatest civilization that the world has ever seen; and what's more, that she's right and understands something that you can't easily find in any worthless old philosophy that you might look up on Google. And so, content in that knowledge, send her along her way with a smack on her American butt; and, because everything happens for a reason, realize that she only served her humble purpose in preparing you for the next and far more interesting adventure.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

The truth behind "everything happens for a reason" is usually "your actions and choices have consequences".

Ironic that modern women, who so assiduously avoid any accountability or responsibility for the consequences of their own actions and choices, should adopt such a catchphrase.

The truth behind "everything happens for a reason" is usually "your actions and choices have consequences".

Ironic that modern women, who so assiduously avoid any accountability or responsibility for the consequences of their own actions and choices, should adopt such a catchphrase.

ETA: well, now don't I look cynical after posting this at the same time as Lizard of Oz.

Just don't get me started on that other basic catchphrase, "It's all good". That'd be a cynical rant.

Quote: (01-06-2017 10:40 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

It also leads to some 65 year old granny down in Florida getting a full sleeve tattoo for the first time in her life because she decided she can.

Ha! A couple of weeks ago, a good friend of mine told me his mother (who is around 65) recently got a tattoo on her back. He was shaking his head, like "What the fuck, Mom?" I could tell that it bothered him.

Your points were well said though. Solid take...

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

Her destiny...

[Image: 0877cfd6aececf3a7a04299a7d95a401.jpg]

It would be one matter if chicks realized their underlying "operating system" is one of juvenile fantasy.
Yet the reality is they're oblivious to it all.

Conditioned from birth by Disneyesque juvenile nonsense. Yet they expect that juvenile fantasy to occur in reality.

That said. It won't get any better in the short term.
Coming this Valentines day :

@joerogan 2m
Quote:Quote:

Single guys prepare yourselves: easily influenced women are gonna start asking you to choke them again

[Image: fifty-shades-darker-poster-cropped-compressed.jpg]

I think you're expecting too much. Women that say things like that are the same ones that behave like children and do all sorts of irresponsible things.

There are two very different interpretation of the phrase:

1. For men, it means that your actions have consequences and you need to be accountable for them. Guys above said it better.

2. Women and manginas use it instead of the phrase: "It was destiny." Which actually negates any accountability.

I've heard this in conversation via topics about religion, but not really pertaining to women. Personally, I've never heard it used an as "excuse" by a girl for sleeping with a dude.

I think the explanation for her using it is much simpler: she's deliberately not completing the sentence, in her mouth, or in her head.

The full sentence is: "everything happens for a reason, and in this case it is my stupidity".

She's just expressing the "I don't want to think about my actions and consequences" in a different, more subtly avoiding manner. As long as she doesn't attempt to think through to an actual conclusion, she can pretend the conclusion is beyond comprehension or just stemming from the natural order of things, instead of just being a few minutes of honest thought away, and ascribable to personal individual action, and thereby sustain safely undisturbed her fundamentally lazy form of living.

Quote: (01-06-2017 10:47 PM)Alsos Wrote:  

ETA: well, now don't I look cynical after posting this at the same time as Lizard of Oz.

Just don't get me started on that other basic catchphrase, "It's all good". That'd be a cynical rant.

^^I don't care if you're a man/woman/extraterrestrial: Using "It's all good", should earn you a water balloon filled with piss to the face.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

I fucking hate that line.

Be the reason shit happens, don't drift and passively accept.

Loz interpretation reminds me of manifest destiny. A pioneering concept from going west in the 1800s

Current form is a bastardization that equates life to flowing down the lazy river in a way which absolves people of agency and accountability.

Take the former and run with it

It doesn't bother me as much as hearing, "God will never put more on you than you can bear."

Meanwhile guys are standing in a corner in a mental institute banging their head on the walls and shitting themselves and old men are freezing to death in the snow because they had dementia and decided to take a walk.

But then again, humanity has always had these sort of beliefs because when you stop believing in justice, karma, and destiny, people panic and lose hope when they realize they are in a random uncontrollable world represented by time decay as the ultimate Mephistopheles.

This phrase is largely borne out of emotion and blissful ignorance, but being an emotional animal does not preclude stupidity.

This belief is the reflection of living life as innocent little butterflies swirling around waiting for things to happen around you. After all, the worker ants, men, are here to protect you from the big bad world. You will be saved, whatever you do you will find your way.

Strange that a single woman in her 50s with bags under your eyes with a sour, pungent look may find that phrase of unexpurgated tripe a little more suspect to believe.

Strange indeed.

It's just another rationalism that the user can apply however they see fit. It makes sense if used practically but most hoes are just trying to solicit magic from the cosmos.

Quote: (01-06-2017 10:40 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

This is the most American idea in the world. In fact, you can say it's the American idea, and the biggest reason we're the one country in the world that really matters. And yes -- every last city Americunt possesses this idea pretty much as organically as a Mormon elder, a Purdue engineer, or an up and coming football star on a scholarship in some gloriously insane militarized prep school in Alabama.

You are COMPLETELY OFF, LoZ. American idea is only a few centruies old while "EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON" is as old as NON-DUAL TEACHINGS are - which is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH OLDER than a mere FEW CENTURIES.

When a woman says that is just to justify the reason behind their actions, specially negative ones. I just dumped your ass for a guy for a guy with more money/ better looking, because I am superficial and I am just saying this to feel better with myself kind of line.

My blog: Wolfsout

Right up there with "It is what it is"

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Quote: (01-10-2017 03:33 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

Right up there with "It is what it is"

And, "It's all good."

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

How about, "It's all good for a reason."

Carl Jung

Or, "You only YOLO once, so start killing it."

Carl Jung