rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2016-2017 San Francisco Datasheet
016-2017 San Francisco Datasheet
San Francisco
San Francisco is a 7 mile by 7 mile square and a very densely populated city in Northern California. It feels more like a European city than any other city on the West Coast. This is not Los Angeles. San Francisco is the center of the tech boom and is being flooded with money and highly intelligent and highly paid young professionals. It's a gold rush city that is changing rapidly. It is currently the most expensive city in the United States if not the world. Accommodation is extremely expensive, food and transportation are reasonable.

Background
I am a San Francisco native in my late 20s. I am 6'3, athletic and good looking. I started pickup in early 2016. I am a quiet guy who struggled socially growing up. I prefer an upscale or sophisticated vibe and I value status and physical attractiveness over friendliness or ease of game. I vastly prefer night clubs to dive bars.

2016 Laycount: ~40, ~30 in SF and maybe up to 10 of those from Tinder. Vast majority of these were Asian girls from cold approaching at clubs. I've had a handful of 8s in SF. A decent amount of 7s, but probably 50% of my lays were in the 6-7 range with a couple of shameful 5s. I have only closed one notably hot girl here who was not Asian (in 2016).

I run simple direct game and have met a large portion of the SF PUA community. There are certainly a large number of active PUAs in SF but I haven't seen many organized crews or inspiring individuals.

Nightlife
San Francisco isn't really renown for its nightlife and last call is 2 AM, as it is in all of California. Some clubs stay open until 4 AM and there are underground after hours places but the quality there is so low it is almost never worth it. I go out on Fridays and Saturdays and sometimes Thursdays. The level of talent and volume makes it not worth going out on other days, you'd be better off setting up dates Sunday-Thursday.

Here are your best options for nightlife broken down by day of the week:

Monday
*Madrone Art Bar: Might charge a small (<$5) cover. Best times to go are 9pm-12. The event is called Motown Mondays and it attracts a hipster crowd for dancing. There are not many other options on Mondays.
*Q Bar: A gay bar in the Castro with drink specials on Mondays. It attracts an international crowd.

Tuesday
*Nick's Tacos at Rogue: Taco Tuesday, packed with a good looking fratty crowd. Good from evening until around 10 or 11. Venue is a bit logistically difficult to game because most of the hot girls will be in booths or at tables.
*Blue Light: A bar in the Marina that attracts a foreign crowd. Most of the people here will be Brazilian or international students. It gets pretty packed and stays busy until 2.

Wednesday
*EPR: An 18+ rave event that is as packed as any club in SF on a Friday or Saturday. Be aware that most of the people here will be under 21 (sometimes under 18) and that a lot of them will be driving from an hour or more away and be on drugs. Attractive, young, raver girls can be found here.
*F8: Never went here but this is a small club that has a popular EDM night on Wednesdays.

Thursday
*Polk St: Try Playland and Mayes Oyster House. This is where an international student pub crawl happens every week. If you go enough you will see the same faces over and over again. Good if you like foreign women.

Weekends
Districts
*Polk St: Fratty shit show scene with a meat market vibe. Probably the most packed and drunkest bar district in San Francisco. It is easy to pull from here. Huge volume on weekends but questionable quality. Try Playland, Mayes, McTeague's, and Vertigo.
*Marina: Preppy and fratty with a surprising amount of bridge and tunnel (hood) people. You can find some stunning blonde girls here but the quality overall can leave a lot to be desired. The vibe is also very bitchy and girls here are notoriously rude. Volume is pretty good but sometimes it is inexplicably dead. Try Stock In Trade, Jaxson's, Eastside West, Matrix, and The Brixton
*North Beach: A mix of tourists, frat people, and hood people. A historic bar district that has crowded dive bars and tons of strip clubs. Kell's is probably the best bar here to do pick up in. I go to North Beach mostly for big drinking holidays.
*Mission: Hipster central. Social Justice Warrior HQ. Not worth going to pick up chicks unless you are very into that look. Friendly vibe, volume is good, but it is not a meat market or sexual place at all. I prefer taking girls here for dates.
*Folsom: Good mix of venues. I particularly like the combination of Bootie SF (Saturdays at DNA Lounge), Audio, and Bergerac. Volume is good but quality can be be really bad sometimes. There are a bunch of other venues here I never go to.
*Inner Richmond: Generally pretty quiet. Sometimes it can be good on Thursdays. USF and SF State students hanging out at dive bars. Try Ireland's or the Abbey. I wouldn't recommend gaming here unless you specifically want to target college girls and live near by.

Clubs
*Temple: The largest club in San Francisco and by far the best option if you like Asian girls. Two floors, three rooms. Long lines and steep cover charges. You can find really hot international girls here most weekends.
*1015 Folsom: A very large music venue/club in San Francisco. I go here if there is a good event. The crowd is totally dependent on who is playing.
*Infusion: A mid sized club that plays hip hop primarily. Doesn't attract much of an Asian crowd as opposed to most San Francisco night clubs. Requires a collared shirt on Saturdays.
*Ruby Skye: Mostly a concert venue. The crowd will lean heavily Asian and most people will be twacked out on molly. I don't like gaming here.
*Audio: Small club that has a Burning Man vibe on many nights. The quality here can be okay but it is so dark you won't be able to tell.
*DNA Lounge: Very big venue but kind of an anti-club club. Friendly bouncers and unpretentious and open to anyone which means tons of unconventionally attractive people.
*Love + Propaganda: Small/mid sized stylish club that can be very hit or miss. Sometimes there is good talent here sometimes it is empty.
*The Grand: Mid sized club that can be very good some nights depending on the event. I rarely go here. Attracts an Asian crowd usually.
*Origin: A mid sized club that is almost exclusively Asian. Can be pretty empty. Gender ratio is usually terrible and I rarely go here.
*Cat Club: Mid sized club with a weird vibe. Usually hosting niche events. I never go here.
*Harlot: Small stylish club that attracts a predominantly white crowd. I almost never go here because it is so small but sometimes it has good talent.
*Public Works: Pretty big venue. Burning Man and druggie crowd. Leans heavily white. Great music, not great for pickup
*Halcyon: Newest club in SF. Mid-sized. It has a 24 hour liquor license but won't use it for some reason. Was totally dead when I went here on a Saturday night. A burner/drug crowd.
*The Great Northern: A new club which unsurprisingly caters to the burner/drug crowd.
*Verso: A mid sized club which caters to the burner/drug crowd.
*Empire Room: A new mid sized club that caters to a hip hop crowd, which I tend to avoid.
*City Nights/Club X: 18+ club, I haven't gone here in years. I used to pull from here back when I didn't know game and was younger, it might come off as a bit odd if you are over 25 and gaming here regularly though.

Events
There are big events that are very good gaming opportunities if you want to mass approach in San Francisco. Here is a list of some:
*St Patrick's Day: March. Check out Polk/Marina/North Beach.
*Bay 2 Breakers: Happens in the month of May every year. A "race" that is really more like a drunken parade that runs from downtown to the beach. The party area of the race is in the panhandle. It is a total shit show.
*Gay Pride: End of June. Huge turn out in Civic Center and most of the people who are partying are straight. Be aware that many of the hot girls you will want to approach will be underage.
*Hardly Strictly: End of September. Huge free music festival that attracts hundreds of thousands of people in Golden Gate Park.
*Thanksgiving Eve: Check out Polk/Marina/North Beach.
*Santa Con: In December. Huge shit show with amazing talent. Check out Polk/Marina/North Beach.
*Guardsman Party: In December, a holiday party that caters to the preppy Marina crowd. Highly recommended, over 2000 will attend.
*Holiday Parties: There is a huge tech boom and lots of money to spend on various company holiday parties. If you can get into one of the holiday parties at a large company you will have a lot of fun.
*Tech Conferences and Mixers: There are frequently industry conferences held in SF and usually there are tons of parties associated with them. It can be difficult to secure entry but it is definitely a SF scene.

Day Game
I don't do day game, but the Marina Green/Fort Mason on Saturday or Sundays will be packed with hot girls. Dolores Park is even more crowded, especially on Sundays, but attracts more of a hipster crowd.

Westfield/Union Square is where most people day game during the week.

Online Game
I stopped doing online game early in 2016, but Tinder is very popular in San Francisco. The quality of girls in SF is already pretty low so subtract a point or two from their appearance and be prepared to be disappointed. Hooking up with girls from Tinder on a first date is fairly easy in San Francisco. My dates usually ended in sex or there was zero chemistry at all.

Dating & Demographics
San Francisco has a pretty bad rep in the pickup/dating world. The women are generally considered unattractive and extremely liberal/progressive. I would agree that is true but would note that San Francisco is a world city now and you can avoid most of that by sticking to certain venues, staying away from hipster hang outs, and dating foreign girls. The hottest girls in San Francisco are almost invariably blonde white girls from LA who are fairly conservative or girls from Asia or Europe. San Francisco's population leans heavily Asian and my friends who like Asian girls are fine here, but my friends who prefer white girls seem pretty unhappy. Even in Temple, if you like Asians, you will only see 5 or so 8s on a good night and they might all be in VIP. You might see 5-10 white 8s in the entire Marina on a Friday or Saturday night. San Francisco night life is mostly filled with 6s and below. Girls are usually open to casual dating or keeping things undefined. One night stands are not rare but not extremely common either. If you don't like condoms it isn't hard to convince girls here not to use them.

Oakland/Berkeley
I don't have a lot of experience gaming in the East Bay but UC Berkeley is a huge school and that means a huge population of girls 18-22 and a surprising number of them are attractive considering UC Berkeley does not have that reputation. Very healthy Greek life on campus, the few college bars there are are not that great. I have only gone out in Oakland a handful of times, some of the bars and clubs there are very black leaning.

San Jose
The south bay has a huge population of Latinas and Asian girls, of particular note are the ABGs (Asian Baby Girls). ABGs are usually Vietnamese and have fake tits, lips, are tattooed and love to party. There are topless cafes and underground clubs where you can hang out with Vietnamese gangsters and ABGs. I don't have much first hand experience here, but it is something to consider if that sounds interesting to you. In general I hear terrible things about the south bay because of the gender ratio and very spread out nature of the region.

Feel free to ask questions or post your experiences. I would also encourage you to PM me if you want to meet myself or my wings and get off the keyboard and in the field. Several members can vouch that I get pretty solid results and am a good wing.
Great sheet. 6'3 as an Asian? You realise you must be in the top 0.1% for Asian men in terms of height?
Quote: (01-02-2017 04:28 AM)britchard Wrote:  

Great sheet. 6'3 as an Asian? You realise you must be in the top 0.1% for Asian men in terms of height?

There are actually a ton of rich, tall Asians flooding the city now.

There is a huge difference between the American born Asian population in SF and California and the recent immigrants or international students.

The people who were born here whose families came in to the US in 1980 or before are generally studious, quiet, and extremely hard working. You see a ton of doctors and other professionals from these groups. There are some notable exceptions (ABGs and gangsters).

The recent Asian migration wave is comprised of extremely rich trust fund kids or wealthy individuals who party hard and live very differently than the children of immigrants. A lot of college kids from China or Korea here drive luxury cars and barely go to class and just get fucked up at clubs all the time.

They look different and behave differently.
This is the best data sheet on SF now. I know Baffled King personally, he was one of my best wings back in SF (and probably among the best PUAs in the city). I second all of the information in this data sheet, it's current and based upon our hundreds of nights gaming in SF. I would add that anyone going out in SF should download the guestlist nation app. SF is a bad place for game, especially if you don't like Asian girls, but this data sheet should be the standard for anyone new or struggling in the city.
Can vouch for Baffled King as well - a nice guy who cares about the people around him and who just happens to be solid at game as well.
Hey Baffled King you mentioned mass approaching at events, is Chinese new year parade weekend fun? gonna be there anyways...
Dude, you nailed that city - great (if a bit depressing) data sheet. I'd say you're probably working twice as hard to get any play than you would have to anywhere else, but good for you. Then again, as an Asian guy with extra height, maybe you've found a sweet spot. I definitely do not miss ManFrancisco one bit, though.

As to the bits about tinder and the ease of girls letting you go raw, yeah, both are true but don't do them together. I had a buddy wind up with chlamydia from a tinder hookup where he did just that. She was a real troll too - pics did not match her current look, but he did it anyway and paid the price.

There's way better places to meet Asian women but good info for sure.
As a Bay Area native myself, I can tell you with authority, you pretty much nailed it. I strongly agree that the only LTR/girlfriend worthy girls in San Francisco are going to be foreign nine times out of ten. The local white and American-born Asian chicks are a dumpster fire of mediocre looks and bad attitudes. The sweetest girls you'll meet in SF are FOB Asians who came from second-tier cities in the old country, or European girls that just moved there.

I would never advise a man to move to San Francisco or the Bay Area unless he had a sweet job lined up for him. The cost of living is brutal, the women are blah (with few notable exceptions) and the politics are full SJW retard. Women should be a far secondary concern for any man considering the area, and I would never travel there solely with the intention of gaming women or getting into LTR. There's higher quality elsewhere. Come to the Bay Area to make money, cash out and move out. That would be my advice.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein
Quote: (01-02-2017 07:17 PM)JohnnyQuick Wrote:  

Hey Baffled King you mentioned mass approaching at events, is Chinese new year parade weekend fun? gonna be there anyways...

I would guess it's mostly families and stuff. Mass events where drinking or partying is involved would probably be better. If you have balls anything works though.
Quote: (01-02-2017 07:32 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

Dude, you nailed that city - great (if a bit depressing) data sheet. I'd say you're probably working twice as hard to get any play than you would have to anywhere else, but good for you. Then again, as an Asian guy with extra height, maybe you've found a sweet spot. I definitely do not miss ManFrancisco one bit, though.

As to the bits about tinder and the ease of girls letting you go raw, yeah, both are true but don't do them together. I had a buddy wind up with chlamydia from a tinder hookup where he did just that. She was a real troll too - pics did not match her current look, but he did it anyway and paid the price.

There's way better places to meet Asian women but good info for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I like San Francisco as a city and I definitely do well here. I've had a wild 2016 and some very memorable experiences. I have had success with white girls too, I just prefer the night club scene and that is predominantly Asian.
I lived in the bay for 3 years and visit on a regular basis. Your data sheet is pretty much spot on. Not a lot of guys I know discuss the EDM scene when talking about nightlife in the bay, but hands down those can be some of the best places for pulling. Would be curious to see how it's changed recently since the last time I hit bootie was over a year ago.
Quote: (01-03-2017 01:13 AM)RDF Wrote:  

I lived in the bay for 3 years and visit on a regular basis. Your data sheet is pretty much spot on. Not a lot of guys I know discuss the EDM scene when talking about nightlife in the bay, but hands down those can be some of the best places for pulling. Would be curious to see how it's changed recently since the last time I hit bootie was over a year ago.

DNA Lounge is probably shutting down and Bootie always had very mixed talent. Wouldn't really call it an EDM scene.

I agree that a lot of PUAs seem to prefer bars or lounges and don't really do clubs which is a big mistake IMO.
Well thats all the proof I needed, RVF has been infiltrated by gay men. Time to do the opposite of everything I read here. Encouraging guys to approach at a gay pride parade? How dumb is this forum? For those of you who are gender fluid, SF is the best city to be in as you will find lots of people who are accepting of that. I won't fire any shots but why does Baffledking have extensive knowledge of 5 gay bars and promote the pride festival? In his next post he'll tell you to get on a float covered in glitter with your shirt off. If you are a heterosexual male in your 20s or 30s, stay far away from the Bay area. If you're in your 40s with less than 5 lays from women you probably want to move to the Bay area. It's a great place to live if you just want to earn money and date 50 year olds.

Nambla, the infamous pedophiles group, tried to set up shop in San Francisco. Why? I'll give you three guesses bro. Too pumped up about meeting hot girls at the Gay pride parade to think straight? (Pun intended) OK I'll break it down.
1. The Bay area is the most pusillanimous place in America. Social disputes are resolved with law enforcement because direct confrontation is avoided at all costs. This trend has gone up recently from tech workers with no social skills. The police can't be everywhere at once so lots of crime goes unchecked.
2. The lgbt population is reported at 10 percent, it's really 40 when you count gender fluid people
3. The liberal pc wagon has decided to allow people to say they were "born that way" to excuse any type of behavior. This is a very bad argument, what if someone is born and likes to stab people?
Quote: (01-03-2017 01:36 PM)Mshake510 Wrote:  

Well thats all the proof I needed, RVF has been infiltrated by gay men. Time to do the opposite of everything I read here. Encouraging guys to approach at a gay pride parade? How dumb is this forum? For those of you who are gender fluid, SF is the best city to be in as you will find lots of people who are accepting of that. I won't fire any shots but why does Baffledking have extensive knowledge of 5 gay bars and promote the pride festival? In his next post he'll tell you to get on a float covered in glitter with your shirt off. If you are a heterosexual male in your 20s or 30s, stay far away from the Bay area. If you're in your 40s with less than 5 lays from women you probably want to move to the Bay area. It's a great place to live if you just want to earn money and date 50 year olds.

Nambla, the infamous pedophiles group, tried to set up shop in San Francisco. Why? I'll give you three guesses bro. Too pumped up about meeting hot girls at the Gay pride parade to think straight? (Pun intended) OK I'll break it down.
1. The Bay area is the most pusillanimous place in America. Social disputes are resolved with law enforcement because direct confrontation is avoided at all costs. This trend has gone up recently from tech workers with no social skills. The police can't be everywhere at once so lots of crime goes unchecked.
2. The lgbt population is reported at 10 percent, it's really 40 when you count gender fluid people
3. The liberal pc wagon has decided to allow people to say they were "born that way" to excuse any type of behavior. This is a very bad argument, what if someone is born and likes to stab people?

People like you are why Roosh/redpill/PUA communities get bad PR.
I'll be moving out to San Francisco this summer. Not sure if this is the place to ask questions but it's the most recent data sheet.

Most important question I have is where should I rent my apartment? I'm in my late 20s if that means anything. I really don't know where to even begin to look.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock
Quote: (01-31-2017 11:28 AM)Mentavious Wrote:  

I'll be moving out to San Francisco this summer. Not sure if this is the place to ask questions but it's the most recent data sheet.

Most important question I have is where should I rent my apartment? I'm in my late 20s if that means anything. I really don't know where to even begin to look.

I haven't lived in SF in years, so you may want to double check this info.

On the most practical level, earthquakes do happen there, so, do you want to be in the middle of a bunch of tall buildings when the shaking starts? Also, the marina, though close to some of the best bars and filled with the well off, was built on top of all the rubble from the 1906 quake and, despite its surface glamour, does really badly in earthquakes.

Castro, is out, gayville. Mission, Tenderloin, too dangerous.

Most other neighborhoods I don't have any experience living in, but remember, SF is a small, walk-able city, and also you are always only a block or two from some form of public transport, and riding a cable car to work is pretty fun.

The neighborhood I liked living in the best was the Sunset, on the West side of town, with a bunch of smaller houses, wooden, which supposedly shake during an earthquake instead of collapsing.

You can easily commute downtown to work, and then come home to a pretty happy neighborhood with a lot of restaurants, cafes, book stores. I was right across the street from Golden Gate park, not near the feral Haight, West of that, and used to game girls in the bars and then try to talk them into sneaking into the park at night and visiting the herd of buffaloes.

Also, you are a couple of minutes tram ride from the beach, so if you wanted to, you could go the the beach and watch the sunset from the sand every day. I worked in a restaurant downtown when I lived there, and periodically I would talk a gaggle of the waitresses to come with me to watch the sunset after the lunch shift.

I found a good local bar where I went a lot, and gamed hipster girls and waitresses, and had a pretty good time there, although this wasn't recently, so you would have to check it out and see what you thought.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung
Where to move in San Francisco depends much on your budget. I advise you to situate your self near Polk (Russian Hill) or Chestnut (Marina). The city is rather crappy though, prepare yourself.
Ratios at the Blue Light bar on Tuesday are outrageously bad. Strike it from the list of possibilities entirely.
Quote: (01-31-2017 11:28 AM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Depends on your budget, one of the nice condo buildings downtown would be the best, but they are expensive.

Mission or Tenderloin area are grittier but still good logistically.

Avoid the Richmond or the Sunset or Excelsior.
Quote: (02-08-2017 02:26 AM)Vivaldo Wrote:  

Ratios at the Blue Light bar on Tuesday are outrageously bad. Strike it from the list of possibilities entirely.

Ratios are always going to be bad in SF. Most places with good targets are known to the PUA community and always swarming with them. You'll have to outcompete them in SF.
Don't act so surprised guys. The entire Bay Area is one massive sausage fest. The only reason why you should move there is to focus on your career, make bank ASAP and move out to somewhere where there are actually feminine women available. In fact, moving to the Bay Area only makes sense if you're offered a VERY high paying job, given the outrageous costs of living there. You may be able to make less money in a state like Texas, but take more of it home due to lower taxes and cost of living. I don't know of a single man that moved to the Bay Area because of the women.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein
The challenge of San Francisco ultimately is not the male competition, but the dearth of quality female opportunities. You have to ask yourself, is it worth your time to fight over less than scraps. The quality is really abysmal. I concur that the only legitimate reason to be in San Francisco is if you are racking up $250,000 or more with a plan to get out. Otherwise you're just wasting your possibilities.
Chicago has cheaper costs of living, and much more feminine women, including a lot of European imports. NYC has tons of options, with a higher cost of living. LA has a moderate cost of living, but lots of options. Really, you should be making in rain in the Bay Area, stacking cash and have a deadline for moving. I left over 10 years ago and have never looked back.

Just come back to visit friends and family, but laugh that the 2100 sq foot house in the East Bay that was originally purchased for $200k 20 years ago is now going for $1.5 million. Ridiculous, unless you're pulling in a massive rake like Vivaldo suggested. Come to the Bay Area for the Venture Capital cash, a great well-paid senior leadership position or some other career related reason. Once you've made out like a bandit, head for greener pastures before the crazy culture and lefty women drive you insane.

Yeah I wouldn't live here if I wasn't in tech. Chicago is significantly cheaper, but not vastly superior in my experience in terms of talent, but a great city to live in. Almost all the girls in SF I approach are from Asia or Europe or visitors from LA.

Stick to clubs and approach foreign women. The bar scene here sucks unless you are super into hipsters or something.
Strongly disagree that Chicago doesn't have better talent. There's lots of cute Polish, Russian, etc girls that are sweet and don't have SJW infections like the women from the Bay. As someone who has lived in both areas for multiple years, I can say that with authority.