rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How is the best way to deal with a bully?

So there is a guy who in my opinion is a bully and is a negative person, I just know him through my cousins and is more or less an acquaintance who I see at functions, parties, family, relative friendly soccer matches.

These are a couple of things he did:

1) When my sister and all of our relatives was coming back in the mini bus, he said to everyone "I look in the mirror trying to look like a barbie girl".

2) I was at soccer practice with the whole team and I told him "so how's work and everything" he said it's fine and he said to me "where are you working" and I said I'm looking for "programmer" jobs and later on in the practice session, this new guy was playing well and his cousin said "this new guy is our secret weapon" and the bully said "WHO, (MY NAME)!" trying to make fun of me.

3) I know for sure it takes the p!ss/mickey with his friends, cousins out of my back, I will never know what's he said.

4) At a football match last summer he told me can you help me with this exericse and the exercise is, he lays on the ground with his back on the ground, he brings his legs vertically up and he told me to grab his legs and push down and he kept "moaning" his face like I was doing some love making scene. I'm sure one of his pals took a picture of this.

5) There's more, but I will not go into detail.

I've been telling everyone and he knows I'm looking for a programmer, developer job. My sister and aunty heard him at the pub(I wasn't there) say I'll never get into it. However, I'm very confident I will and already had interview offers.

So what is the best way to get back at him?

He thinks I'm not going to get a job and will carry on behind my back talking sh!t about me, I want him to continue, because I will get a job and I'm seeking to also set up a freelance programming business and then kaboom when I've the job and started making some money freelancing, I'll tell him and he'll look a fool and get angry.

Because he's told everyone and all his friends I'm going to fail.

How would you deal with a situation like this?

-Step 1 : Don't post with the attitude and vocabulary of a 13 year old
-Step 2 assuming you are not trolling:
Physicially engage,even if you lose the fight,you will earn the respect of your oponent as he will think twice about provoking you again.

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Your young and in time will learn how to deal with people like him. It sound to me like he's a little jealous of you. Maybe I'm wrong in that assumption.

I've always been a blue collar tradesman. So, I've had my share of bullies in the workplace to deal with.

Remember, the world hates weak men. Sometimes in my experiences a bully will turn out to be a really good guy after you confront him and don't back down. He will sense that your scared of him but, in the end respect you for it.

In the future if he tells you to do something. He's testing you. Tell him to go fuck himself and do it himself. With a smile.

Word of warning. If your at a place were alcohol is present and he's there. Avoid him at all costs.

Lighten up. I don't think English is the OP's first language. Probably his third.

OP,
First, you will get a job as a programmer. Just don't give up. Study every day.

In this situation, this guy is clowning you. You need to clown him back. The most important thing is that you need to strike first every time. If you do, everyone will think he is always retaliating.

If he gets you first, never retaliate. The problem you are facing is that you think his actions reflect on you. They don't. Only your actions reflect on you.

Search youtube for "prank" videos. Find a whole bunch that you feel comfortable doing. Then just prank him every time you see him. He'll eventually find someone else to pick on.

Son, this is a pretty standard tactic for a high school girl to take. Male bullies get their friends together and beat the snot out of you. Only female bullies try to run their victims down to their social circles, because it's generally all those women have.

Notice how it's your sister and aunty were the ones who told you that he was running you down; again, nothing to criticise them for, they're women, you have to expect their blood pressures will hit 150/100 when they hear someone running down a family member, that's just their OS. Bug, not feature.

Unfortunately, as you're growing up in a mentally ill generation that en masse has no idea whether it has a concavity or a convexity between its legs and is too fucking scared of it to do much useful with it either way, you're going to find more chicks with dicks, as defined by their actions rather than their biology.

The first thing to ask yourself: if you're in, what, your early to mid 20s, why are you letting high school girl tactics get in your head?

Second thing to ask yourself: if any of these friends are taking his stirring bullshit seriously, why are you hanging around said friends? Even in your twenties life's too fucking short to hang around with dickheads who don't have your back.

Third thing to ask yourself: why do you feel the need to get back at him? Manhood is not getting fucking revenge for every slight you suffer, Mafia dons like to pretend that's being a man, but that's really just the only way you survive where everyone has a gun and the only way you can attain a measure of peace is to act like a psycho not to be fucked with. Real life does not operate that way.

Fuck me, dude, if your self-image is that fragile that some pinprick telling stories about you is going to cave your world in, you need to spend your energy on mindset and your own interests, not on how you can get back at the dipshit.

Reframe this experience: once you've attained sufficient grounding and self-control to be able to shrug off this sort of feminine idiocy, no woman's social ostracism tactics will ever be able to dent you again.

Next, redirect the attack.

The next time some idiot, be they a family member or a friend, says that this buttpuncher said X about you, put it back on them: "And do you believe them?"

(1) If they say yes, you've just identified a friend or family member who no longer deserves contact with you. Especially family. If your family members don't have your back over fucking near-strangers who talk shit about you, said family has broken the most fundamental aspect of the familial relationship: blood comes before water.

(2) If they say no, the opposite applies -- and you've just taught that family member an important lesson in running their mouth.

(3) If they deflect, or are silent, item (1) above applies, because a family member that's too gutless to even speak inconvenient truths with you is not going to back you up to a stranger either.

Teal deer: you are not a high school girl. Stop behaving like one and get the fuck on with your life, negative people are most efficiently dealt with by avoiding them, not wasting your energy on them.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

He sounds like a faggot, not a bully.

OP, do you lift?
People tend not to make fun of someone twice larger than themselves.

I will offer some different bully advice. I was always smaller than the rest of the kids in my classes and so was an easy target. I however, love to fight and don't back down from confrontations, so I dealt with bullies successfully.

- When I was under 18, I dealt with verbal bullies via swift physical shock. Shit talkers would have their books smacked out of their hands, or man/middle eastern slapped in the face with a "say that again" follow up, followed by another slap before they get words out. These verbal bullies were never ready to fight. These bullies were not the same as physical bullies...ie ones that will walk by and slam the heads of people into lockers at random or shakedown people. These weren't the ones I had conflicts with.

- When I was in college, I wasn't a big drinker and was an early riser and most shit talking bullies were emboldened by liquid courage. So, I would show up at their dorm room or off campus apartment at 7am after they have been out all night and remind them that they were "totally going to kick my ass" the night previous, so here I am, ready to give them their chance. Unsurprisingly, no one wanted to get out of bed and deliver on their words. They also didn't repeat the incident. I remember we were at some cabin party and one guy that could have physically destroyed me grabbed me and said "You know, I could punch you out right now" and I said "I bet you could, but then I would wait until you passed out and burn your clothes, wallet and keys in the campfire" he released his grip and declared "that I was a faggot" and walked away.

- When I was was a graduate and had workplace bullies it wasn't acceptable to challenge people to outright fights I had to change my approach. I went with awkward isolation. I would roll with their mocking/taunting in public, but I would make a point to have a private confrontation with them. I would catch them in the bathroom, or swing by their cubicle and get into their personal space. I would tell them that I'm a serious guy and not much of a 'joker', so find someone else to 'joke around with' or we will have a personal issue. That never failed.

The common thread across the college and workplace bullying resolution is to keep the follow up confrontation between you and the bully. It allows them to save face and you can just look at them sideways if they begin to get out of line with you to remind them that pushing it will result in problems for them. If you brag about intimidating them to their face, in public, or to others they will have to escalate the war to save their egos.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it.

He has embarrassed me in public twice, so I don't think I should let him off.

He does think I'm weak and an easy target.

Moreover, I feel there is jealousy towards me, I'm going to be in good career. He is 3 inches taller and a bit chubbier than me. Although he is trying to lose the weight.

Perhaps once I confront him, he may respect me and not do this again.

The very fact he's clowning me suggests he is the one who seems to be interested in me and I believe his behaviour also indicates he has nothing better to do in his life.

Bully him, but real bullying, not equivalent to the stupid stuff he says and does. He seems like a nice target for some funny moments.

Quote: (12-27-2016 07:14 AM)Atom89 Wrote:  

So there is a guy who in my opinion is a bully and is a negative person, I just know him through my cousins and is more or less an acquaintance who I see at functions, parties, family, relative friendly soccer matches.

1) When my sister and all of our relatives was coming back in the mini bus, he said to everyone "I look in the mirror trying to look like a barbie girl".

2) I was at soccer practice with the whole team and I told him "so how's work and everything" he said it's fine and he said to me "where are you working" and I said I'm looking for "programmer" jobs and later on in the practice session, this new guy was playing well and his cousin said "this new guy is our secret weapon" and the bully said "WHO, (MY NAME)!" trying to make fun of me.

3) I know for sure it takes the p!ss/mickey with his friends, cousins out of my back, I will never know what's he said.

4) At a football match last summer he told me can you help me with this exericse and the exercise is, he lays on the ground with his back on the ground, he brings his legs vertically up and he told me to grab his legs and push down and he kept "moaning" his face like I was doing some love making scene. I'm sure one of his pals took a picture of this.

I've been telling everyone and he knows I'm looking for a programmer, developer job. My sister and aunty heard him at the pub(I wasn't there) say I'll never get into it. However, I'm very confident I will and already had interview offers.

He thinks I'm not going to get a job and will carry on behind my back talking sh!t about me, I want him to continue, because I will get a job and I'm seeking to also set up a freelance programming business and then kaboom when I've the job and started making some money freelancing, I'll tell him and he'll look a fool and get angry.

What you have just described is not a bully. That's just some garden variety hater. Fuck him. You care waaaay too much about what other people say about you.

Too many of you guys in the younger generation don't have thick skin at all. If you worked in the oil field, you'd want to quit in 2 weeks.

If someone is talking shit in front of me, I either ignore him or talk shit back. If you don't know any good comebacks or anything clever to say, ignore them then. The older I get, the funnier I get. That said, I am having a hard time trying to remember the last time I shut down a hater in public. I have made too much money, traveled the world enough, had enough good looking women, that I could give a shit less about what some lard ass thinks about me. I wouldn't dignify that trash with 5 minutes of my time. There is nothing anyone here or outside this forum could say to me to make me feel bad even for a nanosecond. Kevin Hart could log in to the forum and clown me, and I would laugh at it probably. Even he could not make me feel bad about anything I have done.

You are destined for greatness. You are here and you are aware. If you think this is a challenge young man, I got news for you. This is nothing. Wait until your own family starts criticising you. What if you leave your home country to chase women and run a IT Developing business remotely like some of us are doing right now? Will your dad say something fucked up to you? Will your cousins try to look down on you leaving the rest of the family to go abroad or to another state?

Fast forward to when you are a father. How are you going to deal with relatives questioning your parenting style or how you want to educate your children in a more red-pilled fashion?

How are you going to handle all those blue pilled colleagues/buddies you went to college with, that you are soon going to have nothing in common with in 5 or more years? When they are effeminate and passive aggressive, then they get pissed off you won't come drinking with them, how are you going to handle that?

You need more confidence in what you are doing and where you are going. To do that, you need knowledge. If you are here talking to us, you have that at your fingertips. You are lightyears ahead of that guy. He isn't a bully. That fucker is pure 103 octane FUEL.

Fill up your gas tank with that fuel and drop the hammer on that clutch and haul ass into the rest of your life, because there will be enough turns, enemies, and cockblockers up a head that you will need to race past, that you will have no choice but to address.

Speed is relative. Run your life at YOUR pace. However, momentum is everything. Keep that momentum going and do not let up.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quote: (12-27-2016 12:00 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

What you have just described is not a bully. That's just some garden variety hater. Fuck him. You care waaaay too much about what other people say about you.

Too many of you guys in the younger generation don't have thick skin at all. If you worked in the oil field, you'd want to quit in 2 weeks.

If someone is talking shit in front of me, I either ignore him or talk shit back. If you don't know any good comebacks or anything clever to say, ignore them then. The older I get, the funnier I get. That said, I am having a hard time trying to remember the last time I shut down a hater in public. I have made too much money, traveled the world enough, had enough good looking women, that I could give a shit less about what some lard ass thinks about me. I wouldn't dignify that trash with 5 minutes of my time. There is nothing anyone here or outside this forum could say to me to make me feel bad even for a nanosecond. Kevin Hart could log in to the forum and clown me, and I would laugh at it probably. Even he could not make me feel bad about anything I have done.

You are destined for greatness. You are here and you are aware. If you think this is a challenge young man, I got news for you. This is nothing. Wait until your own family starts criticising you. What if you leave your home country to chase women and run a IT Developing business remotely like some of us are doing right now? Will your dad say something fucked up to you? Will your cousins try to look down on you leaving the rest of the family to go abroad or to another state?

Fast forward to when you are a father. How are you going to deal with relatives questioning your parenting style or how you want to educate your children in a more red-pilled fashion?

How are you going to handle all those blue pilled colleagues/buddies you went to college with, that you are soon going to have nothing in common with in 5 or more years? When they are effeminate and passive aggressive, then they get pissed off you won't come drinking with them, how are you going to handle that?

You need more confidence in what you are doing and where you are going. To do that, you need knowledge. If you are here talking to us, you have that at your fingertips. You are lightyears ahead of that guy. He isn't a bully. That fucker is pure 103 octane FUEL.

Fill up your gas tank with that fuel and drop the hammer on that clutch and haul ass into the rest of your life, because there will be enough turns, enemies, and cockblockers up a head that you will need to race past, that you will have no choice but to address.

Speed is relative. Run your life at YOUR pace. However, momentum is everything. Keep that momentum going and do not let up.

Thank you very much for your top quality advice.

I will take what you've stated very much on board.

I'm 27 and the idoit is 37 with a wife and two young children. He sure is very immature for his age.

Quote: (12-27-2016 12:20 PM)Atom89 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-27-2016 12:00 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Thank you very much for your top quality advice.

I will take what you've stated very much on board.

I'm 27 and the idoit is 37 with a wife and two young children. He sure is very immature for his age.

OP another thing you can do is anaylze how you are spending your time and where. If you find yourself at too many "functions" that have family you don't need to see again so soon and the bully and other prople of no value yo you, ask your self why you are not fown at the racetrack or [insert cool place] instead of the functions with this clown.

Are you hanging around with people you aspire to be with or just those that drag you down. At 27 its time to start thinking like this and asking these questions.

Quote:Quote:

I have made too much money, traveled the world enough, had enough good looking women, that I could give a shit less about what some lard ass thinks about me. I wouldn't dignify that trash with 5 minutes of my time.

TravelerKai hits on a very important point: life experience, becoming successful with women and business, and all other manners of self improvement make many of issues that normal people deal with every day little more than a blip on the radar, if anything at all.

Back before I was 26, stuff like what you described used to bother me. I found myself surrounded by both family and friends who loved to clown me, especially when they could gang up two or more against me. They talked shit in public, embarrassed me in front of female prospects, and downplayed my chances for future success.

Then, when I turned 26, I took three weeks off and drove all over the US by myself. I slept in a tent, explored a lot of the natural beauty this country has to offer, and met some cool strangers. But most of all, I discovered this untapped well of energy and confidence that I hadn't felt before. I had always wanted to leave my home town, but kept making excuses not to.

I moved across the country a few short months later, where I struggled for a couple of years, but enjoyed some great times, made some true friends, and learned some extremely valuable lessons about women, finances, and toxic people. I became location independent and have moved twice since then for better opportunities.

When I go back home, I still see some of these people. I am impervious to their clowning. It either rolls off my shoulder or I toss it back in such a way that freezes them. One of my best friends back home took notice, and about a year ago said, "That shit they talk doesn't bother you any more. You handle it like a pro now." And now, I barely even hear a peep. They've figured out that it doesn't bother me any more.

OP, go gain some life experience. Use the hate as fodder for growth and don't get too caught up in what they say. Travel, see some new places, move if you have to, and meet some new people. You'll struggle as you grow, but we all do; just use the lessons to forge a stronger man rather than wallowing in defeat, and don't make any catastrophic life choices. Do this, and you'll look back a few years from now and not even remember this clown's name.

Quote: (12-27-2016 08:28 AM)Conscious Pirate Wrote:  

He sounds like a faggot, not a bully.

Most faggots and bullies are one in the same. Don't ask me how I know.

(Preface: Why is this in the Game forum? The bully is man, not a girl OP wants to bang.)

Ok OP, still waiting for examples of when he actually bullied you.....

When I was in school(late 90's early 2000's) bullies:

1) Took the dessert off your lunch tray, ate it in your face, and dared you say something to them.

2) Or he'd pants you(pull down your pants and sometimes your boxers) while you were trying to kick game to your crush after school.

3) Or he's steal someone's watch/Game Boy/expensive electronic device and then plant it your bag days laters so you'd get detention/suspended.

Why do you care what he tells his friends? He's just saying silly things to get under your skin. Guess what? It's working! But it doesn't have to. You've got three options*:

1) Cut him off. Stop associating with him. Shunt him from your reality as if he doesn't exist.

2) Make fun of him back. Agree and amplify everything he say. Using your number 4 example, when he starts moaning and shit say: "Your sister/mom/girlfriend made the same sounds last night."

3) Fight him.

Notice that none of these options involve what you're doing now, which is letting him piss you off(which is exactly what he wants!).

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Stand up for yourself and...

Fight.

There is no other way.

Went to give advice, found Paracelsus already nailed it.

If you want to keep it simple then find the one thing he's ashamed of and hammer it every time he comes at you.

You suggested he's trying to lose weight.

Every time he makes some wise ass comment just reply with "sorry, fat man, what was that?"

"I'm having trouble hearing you over all that fat."

"Fatty says what?"

Say it with a serious face. No smile. No chuckle. It's the same as saying "fuck you" in a more socially acceptable manner. At first he'll take it as some sort of a social challenge but if you keep at it he'll inevitably realise that it's a physical challenge because if you're not engaging him on a social level (dumbing down everything to "you're fat") that only leaves the physical, and if he's not willing to throw a punch then that's the same as backing down.

It sounds childish, but I've found that trying to outwit bullies is a complete waste of time and energy that just prolongs an inevitable confrontation. Playing games with them simply justifies their nonsense and invites further bullshit.

Of course none of this might apply if he's strong enough to pound you into paste. If that's the case then that's your main problem. You need gorilla mindset and gorilla muscles. For that there is no substitute.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

OP - You're fucking 27, not 15?!!

No reason to "fight," bully-back or have any confrontation. I thought this was about a high school student. You're afraid of being alone yet feel secure in a toxic environment. Why didn't you move away a long time ago?

Suggestions - Take it or Leave It.
Move away. Find a job in a bigger city. Experiencing the adversity of moving builds character. You don't seem to know who you are and can use some adventure.

Why are you surrounding yourself around losers? Don't hang out with negative people, even if they're family. Find a new group of friends who are confident and ambitious.

Train your mind to focus on achieving your goals and block idiots. There are tons of free tools, e.g. Books, audio books and DVDs from the library.

You have everything you need to be successful and happy. It's your decision to change.

The best way to shut up a bully is to get up in their face and tell them to eff off. Bring a weapon in your hands like a glass bottle or a screw driver and make it clear that it is a potential weapon. Im just plain violent and make it clear I want to cause physical harm to them. I also just straight up tell them they are gay and being a bully towards the wrong person. I have done this with men and women also.

But it does not end there. Next you have to go up to the bullies friends and clearly tell them you stood up to them and had a bottle you wanted to crush over their face. Let their friends know you have a problem. Also just continue being transparent and open about telling the bully to eff off. Tell them you plan to physically attack them. Preferably humiliate the bully in front of their friends and call them the jerk off.

^Kinko, I don't think this kind of reaction is adapted to this situation.

OP's "bully" is just a talkative bitch, he doesn't use neither force nor physical intimidation.
Reacting like if OP's life was threatened, would only make him look insecure.

Example :
Bully : "Hey OP, you're weak."
OP : "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? I'M GONNA KILL YOU, YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR FAMILY WITH MY KNIFE MATE!"
--> Reacting like that would make OP look like an insecure teen.

I'd rather advise indifference / agree and amplify / laughing / "So what?" answers, with a smirk on the face and looking straight into the bully's eyes.
Here, it's a battle of frame, not of fists.

[Image: main-qimg-9659b11ea5334575d08631566f2fe0..._webp=true]

Some advice from the God Emperor himself:

Since OP seems to have received the responses he wants / needed, I think it would be appropriate for me to hijack a little bit here.

I'm in a bit of a similar situation, except the guy isn't really full on bullying me but it's pretty close. However this guy is more of a physical bully. Couple of examples:

One time at a party, he just grabbed me out of nowhere and threw me on a mattress. Literally out of fucking nowhere, and just laughed.

Pretty much every time I come up to their group of friends and start talking to them he tries to test me in one way or another. About 2 weeks ago I came up to them in the cafeteria and started talking to the people there, nothing special and then he starts punching my arm and making fun of me.

Another time he left his chair in the cafeteria and was gone for like 15 mins so I thought it would be okay to take his chair since it didn't seem like he'd come back. Well, he did come back about 10 mins later and when he couldn't find a free spot he dragged me off the chair ( lol ).

Bunch of other things like this. It's not really full on bullying but he seems to hold no respect for me and I'm getting sick of it. How should I proceed here? It's worth noting that this guy is a damn beast too, he is somewhere around 6'3" and probably 230 lbs or something, he has worked out for a couple of years. I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs.