rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South America or Eastern Europe?

Folks,

I did a search on the forum and really couldn't find anything about it. I know many of us (including me) are sick and tired of the rat race in the West (specially Western Europe and North America). And we eventually want to make a move and live in countries which fit better to our values.

I personally have visited both Eastern Europe and South America. Both of them have their pros and cons.

Where do you go if you want to start a new life?

Any ideas? And why?

Lots of us on the forum are law and order types. Roosh himself mentioned the criminality in Latin America is a major disadvantage over Eastern Europe.

Quote: (12-19-2016 05:58 AM)IronShark Wrote:  

I personally have visited both Eastern Europe and South America. Both of them have their pros and cons.

Maybe you can share some of your thoughts then.

The biggest problem I have with Eastern Europe is the winters.

Women are completely bundled up head to toe so you can't even see their bodies, you're slipping on ice, it's literally freezing, the sky is grey and the hours of sunlight are few. Since day game is such a good way of meeting girls it makes that much more difficult and less enjoyable. Online game in Eastern Europe is more difficult than in most countries in South America, depending on who you are of course.

South America is a nice play to be when Eastern Europe is totally covered in snow.

If you want a LTR EE.
If you want a lot of bangs, SA.

Also you better have at least decent Spanish to enjoy SA.

For some, South American culture may be a negative.
In general it's more fun but low IQ, unreliable, and loud.
You take the good with the bad.

In the winters in EE, you can take a month or two off and follow the girls to Asia where it will be nice and warm.

April to September EE.
October to March SA.

I have only spent 6 days in SA, but I can already say both have pros and cons which more or less weigh each other out.
The weather would be the biggest concern. So this schedule makes sense.

I would say that explaining what you mean by "start a new life" would better help me give you personal feedback from my experience on where to choose.

"Start a new life" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

To some it's fucking, to some it's finding happiness, to some it's finding themselves.

What does it mean to you?

As a Canadian who's lived and been in all the provinces in Canada, Eastern European winters got nothing on Canada unless you go to Siberia.

Quote: (12-20-2016 07:35 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

April to September EE.
October to March SA.

How bad does the weather get in SA though during the winter? Are we talking crazy cold winters like Canada? Or much milder, like say Florida or Los Angeles? I'm thinking of doing a trip for a few months to SA, but it will have to start in April.

Pussy ain't for pussies...

Depends on where u go.
Could be warm like Rio or colder like Santiago. But in general, no not like Canada winters.

Quote: (12-19-2016 11:34 AM)Nowak Wrote:  

Lots of us on the forum are law and order types. Roosh himself mentioned the criminality in Latin America is a major disadvantage over Eastern Europe.

The criminality is an issue shouldn't be ignored. I think countries like Ecuador are quite safe if we apply common sense like avoiding poor areas late nights. Plus, I've been in some small cities in Eastern Europe. Not too far from South America. Specially if they notice you don't speak their language.

I'm 32 and think I'm ready to start a LTR. I'm kind of done with easy bangs I get after living for 6 months in Tehran, Iran (I've had 19 bangs in this city so far).

Now, I'm looking to start a new life and go into trade business or starting a fast food shop. I'm now more focused on 2 countries. Poland and Ecuador.

Poland is part of EU and I won't have immigration problem with my British passport. But this country is not a very entrepreneurial friendly (because of their still Soviet Union culture). But I still prefer the quality of Polish girls over Ecuadorians. Entrepreneurship is not impossible thou. I have a Polish friend who's started a beer company in Poland. He's doing well. But he splashed $500K as starting capital.

Ecuador doesn't have exactly the best quality of women. Obesity is very common there. I also don't find native Americans attractive (just my personal taste). So I know I should focus on Spanish people there. But it's a very good place to start a business. I have an American friend who left California 14 years ago and moved to Ecuador. He imports sunglasses to the country and his capital is over a million dollar easily, started with $15K. Plus their currency is USD $ which makes it safer.

Quote: (12-20-2016 01:51 PM)NerdyNomad Wrote:  

If you want a LTR EE.
If you want a lot of bangs, SA.

Also you better have at least decent Spanish to enjoy SA.

For some, South American culture may be a negative.
In general it's more fun but low IQ, unreliable, and loud.
You take the good with the bad.

In the winters in EE, you can take a month or two off and follow the girls to Asia where it will be nice and warm.

Starting a new life means having a stable income, starting my own tribe (as I had in London) and having a LTR.

At the moment in Tehran, I can run my father's company. But this city is crazy. 15 millions population, traffic, terrible culture, hipsterism and a herd of girls who are ready to jump on your dick because you are British and can get them out of hell on a marriage visa!

Quote: (12-20-2016 07:54 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

I would say that explaining what you mean by "start a new life" would better help me give you personal feedback from my experience on where to choose.

"Start a new life" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

To some it's fucking, to some it's finding happiness, to some it's finding themselves.

What does it mean to you?

I'll go to Poznan in Poland.

Guayaquil or Cuenca in Ecuador

Quote: (12-21-2016 12:00 AM)worldtraveler3 Wrote:  

Depends on where u go.
Could be warm like Rio or colder like Santiago. But in general, no not like Canada winters.

Quote: (12-21-2016 03:46 AM)IronShark Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2016 11:34 AM)Nowak Wrote:  

The criminality is an issue shouldn't be ignored. I think countries like Ecuador are quite safe if we apply common sense like avoiding poor areas late nights. Plus, I've been in some small cities in Eastern Europe. Not too far from South America. Specially if they notice you don't speak their language.

In what countries in Eastern Europe did you find dodgy small cities?

Like Kosice in Slovenia and some other places in Hungary and Romania

While many have endorsed EE or Central Europe, let me tell you something about Chile.

First of all, nearly half of the skinny nation's (2600 miles long) population is in the capital city of Santiago. Or maybe only 40% - depending on the census. 14 to 16 million total (ergo 4 to 7 million in S). And it is one of the few in SA gaining population, mostly from neighboring countries. Chile is perhaps the newest member of the OECD - a globalist outfit (YES), but one which is sort of the club for the developed world.

Both of these facts speaks well to its desirability! And around 10% of the population speaks English.

Gaining residency takes about 3 to 4 months. Officially, it is up to 6 - but I hear the former is the norm. (And going through a lawyer is best.)

Once you have that, you can visit nearby MERCOSUR (spell?) countries on that document alone. If you wish to leave, you need to either revisit yearly or else file with the local Chilean Embassy for up to 4 years. After that, you can apply for citizenship.

Expats can either enter Chile on a tourist visa and then look for employment and apply for a temporary residence permit (valid for a year), or they can arrange a work visa prior to their arrival with a firm offer of employment from a Chilean company (normally valid for two years).

I'm told that Las Condes West of Santiago is the richest neighborhood or "commune", and nearby is the one with most of the foreign embassies, Providencia.
Close to the center but towards the west - served by SAs largest and newest metro - is Barrio Italia, a neighborhood of once newer large mansions, since redeveloped into desirable smaller hubs of shops, cafes, and pubs, and flats. I'm told that this might be my style!

Chile is a young nation with old roots, because - unlike Brazil, Venezuela, or Argentina and Columbia - it had no outlet to the Atlantic. In the middle of the last century, Santiago grew from 1 (in 1940) to 2 million (in 1960). And it's seen a great deal of growth since then!

About 70 miles away is Valparaiso (population c. 800,000), with a bay focus so lovely it has been called 'Little San Francisco' because of the similar wandering hilliness.

The mountains, of course, are west of Santiago, reached in only 90 minutes to 2 hours - in other words, much like Denver in the USA, only with opposite directions.

[Image: Santiago_en_invierno.jpg] The view East from the financial center of Santiago

The climate is warm in the summers, 20 to 30C, and 15 to 20C in winter, and only the coldest night in winter reach freezing temps.

Beaches and desert climates are only some 7 hours to the North, at places like La Serena, population 400,000.

At any rate, the only downside is smog in Santiago valley in winter from temperature inversions.

I hear that Chile is a very affordable step up from central American nations like Panama and Costa Rica, in quality of life and diversity of opportunities. The nation seeks to grow! Thus, overall, there are a lot of win-wins in my Chile outlook!

Why not check it out?

Quote: (12-19-2016 05:58 AM)IronShark Wrote:  

Folks,

I did a search on the forum and really couldn't find anything about it. I know many of us (including me) are sick and tired of the rat race in the West (specially Western Europe and North America). And we eventually want to make a move and live in countries which fit better to our values.

Where do you go if you want to start a new life?

Any ideas? And why?

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

You are right Iron Shark, Ecuador may be the safest country on SA, except Guayaquil which is actually not only dangerous but ugly, dirty, corrupt... a shithole.
Quito and Cuenca are much better but still big cities where it wont be hard to get robbed in the long term, with no cultural offerings or nightlife. And both on the mountain, so not the best climate.
Would be hard as balls to have employees or do business with anybody honest.

If I were to come back SA again (lived around 3 years on the cost, 200km north Guayaquil) it would be Medellin, spent a month there and was heaven, safe if you stay within the city main neighborhoods, birds are extremely hot and everywhere, lots of things to do, clean streets and quite a nice city.
The difference here is that in Ecuador will be quite hard to find people which you can befriend due to... cultural limitations (they are dumb) Medellin on the other hand it's a mix of people with European ancestors and natives, I would say more than 30% of the faces you will see in Poblado/Laureles... would be obviously European, much easier to have a beer with and talk some sense, do business... this mix is a bless as there is some mix races hotties that will make you hold yourself.
Forget about Bogota, Cali... you don't want to live your live looking back your shoulder everyday.

Except some (small number) birds in Cuenca, Ecuador has an awful quality.
If you still go for Ecuador, I would choose any small town from Guayaquil to Manta, excluding both. And go there with a nice lady or you will be hitting on tourist within a week.

Will love to learn more about East European countries so I will keep and eye here, problem for me is the temperature, as stated before by 'Tenerife' and after 3 years of constant 15º - 25º Celsius, this would kill me.
I am quite sure I will finish in Asia quite soon with summer months in Europe.

If you have any questions about Ecuador let me know I will gladly try to help

Just finished writing above, came back to the travel forum and found the following threat where the OP gives his opinion on Guayaquil:
thread-20601.html

@Orson great info on Chile. Is there any resources you could recommend for more information?

Guayaquil is not exactly clean. And I was mainly hanging out in shopping malls. The weather is hot and humid. So shopping malls are good refuge!

But if I want to start a business, I prefer to go for bigger cities to access bigger market. The quality of women are not good as I mentioned earlier.

Quote: (12-21-2016 04:25 PM)IronShark Wrote:  

@Orson great info on Chile. Is there any resources you could recommend for more information?

Just google Chile and sovereignman.... No - here are some links:

http://www.escapeartist.com/chile/

https://www.sovereignman.com/chile-correspondents/

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/on-r...e-in-chile

From these sources, I've since searched up various informational and sometimes tourist oriented video on Youtube - that sealed my seriously positive 'deal' on Chile for me.

I admit to never having been to Chile. But a buddy, seriously into wine a few years back, and I debated SA alot.

I was open to Argentina, in large part because of BA and the size of the country, its population and physical diversity. It's turned a corner after such a long, longtime suffering.

And because of the many positive comments and experiences about places in Columbia here at Roosh, I grew enamoured with Medilen (sp?).

But my old friend kept telling me about Chile, and in fact read a few books and tour guides to assess the opportunity. In fact, had Hillary Clinton won the US Presidency, I'm sure he'd be headed there to 'life in that skinny country!'

So I've only come around recently.

My latest find is this $10 eBook, a Kindle on amazon: "Chile: The Expat's Guide" by Nathan Lustig (2013), 217 pages.

This seems to be the most comprehensive, concise, authoritative and recent source for insider info available.

Here's the table of contents: lot's helpful nitty-gritty stuff!

Quote:Quote:

able of Contents

Introduction

Chapter 1: Chile at a Glance

Chapter 2: What’s Chile like?

A brief history of Chile, Chilean culture, sports, food & drink and a section on dating and relationships.

Chapter 3: Getting to Chile & Getting Situated

Chapter 4: Getting Around Santiago and Chile

Chapter 5: Cost of Living

How much do you need to earn to live well in Chile? What costs more? Less? The same?

Chapter 6: Safety

Tips and tricks to stay safe in Chile. How to recognize scams. Parts of the country to avoid.

Chapter 7: How much Spanish do I need?

How to survive without speaking much spanish, learning spanish, understanding Chilean spanish.

Chapter 8: Business Climate

Chapter 9: Visa and Entry Requirements

How to come to Chile on a tourist, work or student temporary visa. How to stay for longer if you want to.

Chapter 10: Working in Chile

How to get a job, what to expect in interviews, what to expect in the workplace.

Chapter 11: Apartment Hunting

Where to live, how to find the perfect apartment, how to rent the apartment you want.

Chapter 12: Santiago City Guide

The best restaurants, bars, clubs and parks. Where to go for music, theater, sports, culture and more.

Chapter 13: Banking

How the banking system works in Chile.

Chapter 14: Cell phone and Internet

How to get a cell phone that works in Chile. Best plan recommendations.

Chapter 15: Heathcare

Overview of the Chilean system and who it affects foreigners.

Chapter 16: Education

The education system and how it affects foreigners.

Chapter 17: Real Estate

How to buy or rent the property you want. An overview of the Chilean market.

Chapter 18: Natural Disasters

Everything from earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis to poisonous spiders.

Chapter 19: Entrepreneurship and Starting your Own Business

Chile’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and culture.

Chapter 20: Travel

Travel guides for Chilean destinations like Patagonia, Chiloé, Pucón, the lakes region, La Serena, San Pedro de Atacama, Pichilemo, Valparaiso, Viña del Mar and more. Foreign destinations like Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Uruguay and Colombia.

Chapter 21: Services and Discount Guide

The best service providers that I use in Chile. Phone companies, car rental, attorneys and more.

Chapter 22: Chilean Slang

A basic dictionary to help you understand the intricacies of Chilean slang.

Finally, there is author Nathan Lustig's book companion web site.

PS Chile gets a 'bad rap' here because the birds are unimpressive. Well, I think it's all about numbers and time - not just place - in finding suitably compelling women.

As one of my sources (above) argues, Chile is growing fast and smart, but is does lack many thing of quality - like good restaurants and stores. But this creates opportunities for those with time, interest and the vision to be part of creating them!

In addition, what I found compelling in looking tat her demographics is this: the single largest demo slice is the age groups 15 to 34 years old - with the one in their 20s the very largest!

And isn't this precisely the age-group we Roosh fans are most interested in? Of course it is!

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I honestly think eastern europe is better, with the expansion of the EU with all it's regulations isn't a bad thing. Cost of living is still very low in Poland and the baltic states and you can get a lot of bang for your buck relative to other western countries. You also have access to the EU market for whatever that's worth if you want to do a business. It's also very safe place and the quality of goods and services is pretty good as well.

Speaking as someone who has been to Chile, I have no intention of returning. Simon Black pushes the Chile button so hard, but guess what you never hear him talk about? THE WOMEN.

Chilean women are near the bottom of the South Am totem pole. Save yourself the trip.

I've also been to Santiago de Chile, for the skiing.

The women in Santiago itself? Meh.

Quote: (12-23-2016 03:20 PM)Jack Of All Trades Wrote:  

I honestly think eastern europe is better, with the expansion of the EU with all it's regulations isn't a bad thing. Cost of living is still very low in Poland and the baltic states and you can get a lot of bang for your buck relative to other western countries. You also have access to the EU market for whatever that's worth if you want to do a business. It's also very safe place and the quality of goods and services is pretty good as well.

That's all true about Eastern Europe and the effect of EU to make it a more regulated country. However, I think we are talking about micro-businesses we try to start there. So, starting a sole trader import/export business, a local restaurant or a consultancy shouldn't not be a big problem in SA countries. Plus, most Eastern European countries, including Poland, still suffer from the Soviet Union bureaucratic legacy.

Overall, I'm leaning toward South America mainly because:

- Learning Spanish is way easier than Baltic languages. I've also tried Russian. Mate, it's not easy.
- After shivering for a decade in UK, I don't mind a bit of tropical weather.
- I guess Ecuador is still an unknown land and I can start importing goods there. As I mentioned before, I have a friend who's done that in Ecuador.
- I personally prefer Eastern European women over South American. But this is what I'm ready to compromise.