rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where's the Biggest Shithole You've Ever Been?

After spending a couple days in Guayaquil, I've decided it has to be one of the shittiest places on the planet. Definitely the shittiest place I've ever been. The people are rude and dumb. The city is uglier than Sloth from the Goonies, and the women are just about as ugly as the city. The food makes you want to vomit just from looking at it. No one is out past 10 pm and everything seems to close by then as well. I don't really have anything positive to say about the place other than the people drive somewhat decent by Latin American standards.

So, what is the biggest shithole you guys have been too?

There are some nice beach towns an hour outside of Guayaquil if you want to get away...
In terms of "shit" meaning rodents, dirt and filth Bangkok is a true and tried urban moloch.

Guayaquil sucks? I'm going to hit Colombia at some point, and probably Peru. Is Ecuador not worth it?

The West Bank, hands down.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Of all the places I've travelled its a tie between Manila and Bogota but at least both of those cities have attractive women so it sounds like Guayaquil has them both beat.

Manila proper, specifically, and Pasay are HUGE shitholes.

Certain areas of Makati (greenbelt and rockwell), Taguig (the fort) and Quezon are okay.

I'm sure Guayaquil has decent parts, just like Manila. Sure, you aren't going to roam around mindlessly at 2am and feel safe, but I bet there's a nice mall you can get a pad by, and pipeline chicks from. Then hit up a few key bars and clubs. that's how this 3rd world shit is. Most of the city is a huge slum, then there are tiny western ghettos where 1st worlders operate out of. granted, I haven't been to latin america, but that's definitely how Manila is.

Texas.

Georgetown, Guyana.

Edit: neck and neck with Bunia, in the DRC.

I've only been out of the United States once but I'd say the worst shithole I've ever seen in this country is probably Wheeling, WV.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Southside Chicago.

/drops mic

Lagos. I don't have words to describe what a shithole it is.

Quote: (02-11-2013 01:40 PM)Mikev75 Wrote:  

Lagos. I don't have words to describe what a shithole it is.

I'm sure sub saharan africa and india are on a whole nudda level of shithole than SEA and latam.

Funny when people bitch about Bangkok.

Tenerife, as you stated, you have not been to Latin America. You would be surprised how nice a lot of it is compared to Bkk and other Sea cities. The thread started with the question " shit hole you have been to". I personally saw less corruption, dirt and literal shit in Brazil and Venezuela than in Asia.

BKK is Las Vegas compared with India. Even Manila comes nowhere close.

I could only imagine how dirty Africa has to be. There was just something about Guayaquil though. It's not like I haven't been to dirties places, but a lot of them were really cool places. Guayaquil just wasn't. Yeah, there were a couple nice places, but I just get a really weird feeling from the city. And I wouldn't say skip Ecuador, the beaches are real nice, just skip Guayaquil.

And it's hard for me to believe that there is more corruption in SEA than Brazil or Venezuela.

..hence I stated " I saw" less corruption. Purely personal experience. In SEA it seems a lot more open than in SA, again just my experience from 18 months in South America and 2 months sea.

it seems there are various definitions if "shit-hole". can we come up with SOME guidelines and specific examples of each?

Mariupol and Ternopil.I can hardly imagine anything worse than that in Europe.

Quote: (02-11-2013 04:46 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Mariupol and Ternopil.I can hardly imagine anything worse than that in Europe.

yeah i heard that the pollution in Mariupol is REALLY bad. what about Ternopil ?

Quote: (02-11-2013 04:31 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

it seems there are various definitions if "shit-hole". can we come up with SOME guidelines and specific examples of each?

To me, a shithole has the worst of the modern world and the worst of the undeveloped world combined in one. So take Lagos, for example:
Pollution
Insane traffic
Horrific car accidents
Pedestrians being run over constantly
Bodies left by side of road for days if no one claims them.
Limbless beggars on makeshift skateboards
Terrible infrastructure that can't handle downpours= flooding streets
Tropical diseases
Teeming slums overcrowded with angry people
Violent crime
Corruption ( I was robbed by a police officer)
Power outages
Worst airport ever
Anyone who can afford it lives in a guarded compounds

I've been to other parts of Africa and enjoyed myself, but Lagos is a next level shithole.

I always wondered what makes people want to live endless generations in these places. I understand the ties of family and all that but there has to be a line somewhere.

Team Nachos

New Delhi airport was enough for me not to ever step another foot on that subcontinent.

Quote: (02-11-2013 05:18 PM)Mikev75 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-11-2013 04:31 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

To me, a shithole has the worst of the modern world and the worst of the undeveloped world combined in one. So take Lagos, for example:
I've been to other parts of Africa and enjoyed myself, but Lagos is a next level shithole.

ah, the WORST of both worlds !!! i get it now

Lagos is bad, but try six months in Monrovia, after the Ghana Accord put the warlords in stasis. No electricity or water supply. No economy. War-wounded on the streets. What order was there was in the hands of Nigerian peacekeepers. Haven't been back since they got a government, though. Maybe it's better.

I also visited 40 secondary cities in Bangladesh over a period of three months. Returning to Dhaka made it look like the promised land. Ever see a whole plane load of passengers start applauding when the wheels leave the ground? That's the departure from Dhaka. Over a quarter of a million Bangladeshis illegally emigrate annually ... to Calcutta, for a better life.

My life is an open bar...

Quote: (02-11-2013 05:25 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I always wondered what makes people want to live endless generations in these places. I understand the ties of family and all that but there has to be a line somewhere.

A lot of people can't get out even if they want to. It's very difficult to pull together the resources to get to a wealthy country, and even if you get there you have to convince them to let you in. Most people just don't have the opportunity to get out.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat