rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I need a rundown on the Philippines

I'm going to be in the Philippines for about 2 weeks starting mid March. Anyone been there? Please give me a rundown on the girls, the cities, the clubs, etc.

If the philipeans is anything like Thailand, It will be a fuck fest. I banged 3 chicks in 2 weeks in Thailand. My friend banged 4.

Quote: (03-02-2009 02:32 PM)PartyTime Wrote:  

I'm going to be in the Philippines for about 2 weeks starting mid March. Anyone been there? Please give me a rundown on the girls, the cities, the clubs, etc.

If the philipeans is anything like Thailand, It will be a fuck fest. I banged 3 chicks in 2 weeks in Thailand. My friend banged 4.

You should be set. From what I've heard, they love Americans even more than Thais. You should be getting all kinds of ass in the Philippines. Most are dying to meet a western guy so they can get the hell out.

Quote: (03-02-2009 07:09 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

You should be set. From what I've heard, they love Americans even more than Thais. You should be getting all kinds of ass in the Philippines. Most are dying to meet a western guy so they can get the hell out.

Nice. I think Thai's are hotter, but I'm not complaining. Man, being American has big perks. In Argentina (especially cordoba because it gets way less tourists) we got immediate status because we spoke english too.\n
I wonder if I could meet girls in the Philippines online before I go there. Like on facebook or something. That would put me way ahead and save me a lot of time, and possibly get me laid from my first night there. Anyone have experience with this?

Quote: (03-03-2009 05:04 PM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Quote: (03-02-2009 07:09 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Nice. I think Thai's are hotter, but I'm not complaining. Man, being American has big perks. In Argentina (especially cordoba because it gets way less tourists) we got immediate status because we spoke english too.\n
I wonder if I could meet girls in the Philippines online before I go there. Like on facebook or something. That would put me way ahead and save me a lot of time, and possibly get me laid from my first night there. Anyone have experience with this?

In the Phillipines, Friendster(yes remember that?) is still the main social networking site. I'd read that something like 80% of their current userbase is in the Philippines. Sign up for that if you want to go that route.

This is a part of the world where it's hard to trust the women you pick up.

The soft prostitution mentioned in the other post is big in UPI. Not as bad as Thailand.

I'll be in Boracay in the beginning of December.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to stay in Manila for a few days.

Have any of you had any REAL luck at all with girls in that area?

Aloha!

My top tip for getting laid in the Philippines is to hit the malls during the day, and hit on the girls WORKING there.

The malls in the Philippines are very nice. About as nice as U.S. malls. A lot of people will go to the mall just to hang out, even if they dont have money to spend. It beats sitting at home in the heat. The malls have AC. so the malls are packed every day of the week.

Now labor is cheap in the Philippines, so the malls have TONS of employees. I remember there were 2 employees in the luggage isle giving me demonstrations with the luggage. And at the grocery store, which was in the mall, there are a couple girls at each of the produce isles that will cut your produce for you. I bought 4 mangos, and they peeled and chopped them, arranged them on a tray and wraped them in plastic wrap at no extra charge. Much better service than the US.

But the point is there are LOTS of girls working at the malls. They are the easiest to open because you dont need an opener. Just walk up, talk to them for a while, and ask for their number. If you are decent looking guy with good body language, you're in. you dont need to wow them with openers, routines, or cocky/funny. As a foreigner you are already perceived as high-status, attractive guy. Plus Philippino guys are generally shy and never approach, so the girls dont have their shields up.

Talk to her for 5 min, and ask for her number. Phillipina girls are shy, they are not going to overtly show you they are into you. Dont confuse this as a lack of attraction. If she's talking to you and smiling, assume shes interested.

Get as many numbers as you can. Getting 10 or 20 numbers in a few hours will not be hard. Then arrange dates with them over the coming nights.

Kona, Borocay is very different than regular cities, being that its a beach vacation spot. I didnt see any malls there. Not sure whats the best strategy for Borocay.

Quote: (11-13-2009 12:10 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Kona, Borocay is very different than regular cities, being that its a beach vacation spot. I didnt see any malls there. Not sure whats the best strategy for Borocay.

Mahalo.

Now Boracay I've been to. I'm looking forward to the Euro tourist girls.

So malls are the spot.

Do I have any chance of finding a real girl in any bar in or around metro Manila? Will they all have other motives? Should I even waste my time?

When were you out there PartyTime?

Aloha!

Quote: (11-13-2009 01:31 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (11-13-2009 12:10 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Mahalo.

Now Boracay I've been to. I'm looking forward to the Euro tourist girls.

So malls are the spot.

Do I have any chance of finding a real girl in any bar in or around metro Manila? Will they all have other motives? Should I even waste my time?

When were you out there PartyTime?

Aloha!

I was there earlier this year. Sure, you can meet real girls in the bars too. There are bars that are known for working-girls or semi-working-girls, and others that are regular bars. Do some googling before you go.

But I HIGHLY recommend day gaming the malls more than the bars. I learned this the hard way.

If you get the opportunity, climb a coconut tree and pull off your own coconut. Great photo op, and a lot of fun.

Quote: (11-13-2009 02:47 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

If you get the opportunity, climb a coconut tree and pull off your own coconut. Great photo op, and a lot of fun.

I do that at my house.

That being said, I bet 50% of the girls I've banged here in Hawaii have some Filipino blood in them. Lots of them full on.

I think I'm skipping Manila.

Can you provide some Boracay info?

Such as did you see this place.

Aloha!

I'd never even heard of Boracay before. Lots of good info on the wikitravel entry: http://wikitravel.org/en/Boracay

Philippines is part of my round the world trip. I am due to arrive there spring next year. Maybe March / April time.

Lots more info please.

Info on the bar nightlife scene in Manila?

I have about 3 weeks for the whole country. How should I divide my time? Which cities? What are the must see / do things in the country?

How should I calibrate my game for the local chicks?

There's a Taiwanese American guy who's been living there a few years. His name is Winston wu and he runs a web site about it:

http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/index.html

Quote: (11-13-2009 03:08 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I'd never even heard of Boracay before. Lots of good info on the wikitravel entry: http://wikitravel.org/en/Boracay

Boracay is a bit overhyped but it's actually not bad if you're going to spend time in the Philippines. The thing is, it's very commercial with lots of rich Korean tourists who vacation there so the hotels and restaurants there are very expensive. But that is only Station 2 which is the middle of the beach. I stayed in Station 3 which is the eastern part of the island. It is quieter and the hotels there were a lot cheaper and quite nice too. I ended up paying about 30 bucks/night for a pretty decent room.

There are no gogo bars there as the mayor banned them, but there is a dance club where you can meet and pick up a girl at an agreed upon price. It's more expensive than what you'd pay in Angeles but then the whole place is expensive. I met a cute sales girl there while shopping for a t shirt, and ended up dating her, holding hands, walking on the beach and shit, although she is saving her body. Just my 2c worth.

Quote: (11-13-2009 02:28 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Info on the bar nightlife scene in Manila?

I have about 3 weeks for the whole country. How should I divide my time? Which cities? What are the must see / do things in the country?

How should I calibrate my game for the local chicks?

I was in the UPI for about six months in '02. I have a hard time believing you will find any real girl anywhere in any bar there. Only tourists.

Manila is a really big city. Makati City was the hopping section when I was there. Earlier, malls in the daytime were mentioned.

I scored with a local girl in Manila but I'm positive she was after the hotel breakfast and soaps. I speak a lot of Ilocano/Tagalog and thinking back now, she for some reason spoke another language yet had lived in Manila her whole life. She probably got a kickback from my $17 bar bill.

Angeles City north Manila is hardcore sex-tourist country. The girls all look like little kids. Everyone will assume that's why you're there. Cebu is the same way but more tourists there. Lots of Asian tourists.

Boracay has a lot of places catering to the Europeans for some reason. I'm headed there for those girls soon.

I spent most of my time around Zamboanga. Whatever that southermost island is is the best for activities other than girls. Great beaches without a lot of people. Not a lot of hotels and there may still be a little war going on. You will have no problem finding a girl or girls in Manila to take down there for a few days. But she will most likely be a pro.

My point is go for tourist chicks. Their everywhere. They are in the same bars as the pro's.

Aloha!

Quote: (11-14-2009 11:25 AM)Kona Wrote:  

My point is go for tourist chicks. Their everywhere. They are in the same bars as the pro's.

I think this must depend on when you go to Borocay. When I was there (march/april), I saw very few european girls, and the few i saw were there with husbands. However, this time of year when it is cold in Europe, I can imagine there would be a lot more euro girls vacationing in the PH.

After seeing this guy's photo set I'm about to book my ticket tomorrow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aure-paris/...314208272/

Wow! Great photos !!

I arrive there in spring next year. Can't wait.

I wonder why UPI is so much less hyped than Thailand.

Quote: (11-24-2009 01:00 AM)gringoed Wrote:  

Thats a damn good question.

I think Thailand is a more sexual culture. I mean you can catch a show where a woman pulls all kinds of things out her pussy, including a live bird, which then flies into the air.

Philippines is more Christian (not sure the %) so I think its a little more conservative. At least that's the vibe I got. Can anyone else verify this?

Quote: (11-24-2009 05:27 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

I think Thailand is a more sexual culture. I mean you can catch a show where a woman pulls all kinds of things out her pussy, including a live bird, which then flies into the air.

Philippines is more Christian (not sure the %) so I think its a little more conservative. At least that's the vibe I got. Can anyone else verify this?

I'm not sure that's the reason. Philippines is a pretty big sex tourist destination too. Angeles City is the Pattaya of the Philippines. Thailand is also a major food destination, which PI is certainly not, so that probably helps as well. I also think there's way more architectural and UNESCO sites in Thailand which is driving more people too.

Quote: (11-24-2009 05:27 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

You can see the bird-in-pussy show in UPI too.

It is heavy Catholic in UPI. The thing is over there the age of the whores is lower. UNICEF needs to go to Angeles City.

The sex tour parts of UPI are advertised a lot more in Japan, Korea and even Thailand. Places that already have a more liberal view of prostitution. For a Thai dude going to Angeles or Cebu is a sex tour, just with lower standards.

Then there's the US military in UPI. Almost everyone who's been to Iraq/Afghan has done a stopover in UPI or Japan. The first thing they do is head to Angeles. There's no in between with the travel reports those guys give. Either they love it (not me) or it makes them sick (me). They just don't talk about it when they get back because they fucked little kids.

Aloha!

After a lot of reading and fact gathering I had narrowed down my list of first-time adventure travel spots to Thailand or the Philippines. South America sounds cool but I'm more into Asian ladies. The pluses for Thailand were the many tours available, and the temples and cultural sites. The minuses were not as much English speaking and the high level of P4P. Philippines doesn't have temples and much cultural, but almost everyone speaks English and likes Americans, and the beaches are beautiful and things are cheap. Seeing as how the 2 most beautiful and cool women I ever met here in the States were Filipino, I decided to go there.

Now comes the logistics, I'll have about 2 weeks there. I'm not interested in the P4P scene in Angeles City. I here good things about Cebu, can anyone break it down for me? Where to stay, interesting side things to do?

It sounds like buying a prepaid phone and day gaming in the malls yields solid results. As I read most of the UPI uses Friendster I dusted off my ancient account there. I'm having trouble finding or adding girls from the Philippines though, apparently Friendster went through this big update to compete with Facebook. If anyone has any tips on that it would be appreciated. This would be my first big trip going solo abroad and I'll take any advice you guys can give. I have read all the forums here back aways and have gotten good tips so far.

Thanks!

Cebu might be a good choice for a short trip to the Philippines.... Centrally located so you can check out other places if you feel like it. It is close to some nice beaches (although none really really close - except on Mactan Island). You can hop on a "fast boat" and be in Bohol in a few hours (Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Sanctuary, nice Beaches) or a bus ride to elsewhere on Cebu island for more beaches or scuba/snorkeling (Bantayan or Malapascua).

In Cebu I would stay in "Uptown" near Fuente Osmena circle. Plenty of hotels depending on your budget/preferences. $20-25 for a decent budget room is no problem. Decent restaurants if you like fresh fish, chicken, rice and beer. There is naughty nightlife nearby (probably full of expats) and it is a relatively safe area. Or you could stay on Mactan Island (where the Cebu airport is). Lots of resorts and such, but more expensive. I haven't spent much time in that area so can't say much.

There are 2 huge malls in Cebu City: Ayala and SM. Ayala is more upscale but lots of girls at either one. Taxis are cheap, so check them both out. There is also a Robinson's Mall at Fuente Osmena circle where you can meet girls. As others have said, the malls really are key. When you are there, you will see why the malls are so popular... The city is dirty, polluted, poor, etc... but the malls are really nice.

Friendster is important, but I would hop on DateInAsia.com to meet some girls from Cebu before you arrive. Tons of girls from Cebu on there. Ask them for their friendster details so you can see their pics.

Yes, definitely get a pre-paid sim card. $3-$4 for the card, pop it in your phone, then charge it up with a few hundred pesos. 1 peso = 1 text message. Give girls your number and watch your phone start blowing up.

Good luck.

How much time do you need to really do the Philippines properly?