rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quarter Life Crisis

Quarter Life Crisis

On the eve of my 25th birthday, I can't help but feel like I"m getting old.

My hairline has receded a bit, I see some wrinkles forming, and I"ve developed this somewhat cynical old man mentality about a lot of things. I guess I can chalk it up to experience.

The first half of my twenties were filled with incredible experiences, beautiful women, and lasting friendships.

However, the fact that the first half of my twenties was great doesn't change the fact that it's over.

Quarter Life Crisis

Been there and beyond it (34 now). Best advice I can give is to keep your diet clean, watch the alcohol intake, don't smoke, and stay in shape. You're still young, but now is the time to be taking care of your body to fight off those characteristics of aging. The body is a temple.

Quarter Life Crisis

Thanks Smitty. Health and fitness is a HUGE priority for me as I get older.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com

I figure I gotta eat and train like this guy to look like this guy, who I believe is well into his fifties.

Quarter Life Crisis

Quote: (08-12-2011 06:36 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

My hairline has receded a bit, I see some wrinkles forming, and I"ve developed this somewhat cynical old man mentality about a lot of things. I guess I can chalk it up to experience.

The first half of my twenties were filled with incredible experiences, beautiful women, and lasting friendships.

However, the fact that the first half of my twenties was great doesn't change the fact that it's over.

Yep, it's over for you YMG. Might as well head out to pasture. In a few months your pee-pee will stop working and girls will laugh cuz you get a discount on coffee at Hardee's. [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (08-12-2011 06:40 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

Been there and beyond it (34 now). Best advice I can give is to keep your diet clean, watch the alcohol intake, don't smoke, and stay in shape. You're still young, but now is the time to be taking care of your body to fight off those characteristics of aging. The body is a temple.

You worry too much. I drink copious amounts of alcohol to the point of blacking out, smoke like a freight train, eat as I want, and am lucky to sleep 5 hrs a day. I still look young and fuck like a sexual pterodactyl. Why? Cause I don't give a fuck. That's the key. Stop worrying what men's magazines tell ya. Their written by women.

Quarter Life Crisis

Cry some moar?

But seriously, I would give a nut to have this kind of resource (the forum) at age 25 in the year of 2011. You're just passing time anyhow until you're 30 and can start living the good life!

Quarter Life Crisis

Its all in your mind, i am 25 and i dont feel old. Just get that paper.

Quarter Life Crisis

Yeah I recently heard from a 40 year old playboy baller I know:

"You feel old? I'm 40, fat, and bald and we regularly go out and bang dimepieces. MEN DON'T GET OLD. Women get old. Men get experience."

I thought that was a really interesting way to put it.

Quarter Life Crisis

Your not old till your 60 bro.

Only thing that comes into account and causes concern/stress is if you wanna have a family & kids at a decent age (30-35)

Quarter Life Crisis

YMG, I feel ya. I am going through this at 29. I have had some set backs in my life just like anyone.. but it has left me with this irrational anxiety about wasting time.

After 13 years of wishing, I am finally out DJ'n and fully involved in the nightlife/party scene. I have conquered so much fear over the last few years. I got out of a bad marriage and only lost $2k in fees, I quit smoking, I started eating better and working out. I started living out and chasing my dreams.

I look forward to the 30-40 decade. I have learned a lot and I look forward to applying it. I feel like the things I am getting too old for aren't really that great.. college bars become lounges, and 18 y/o freshman "just here to dance" become 25 year old post grads DTF.

Quarter Life Crisis

Beautiful women from where? [Image: smile.gif]

Quarter Life Crisis

Quote: (08-12-2011 07:04 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (08-12-2011 06:36 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Yep, it's over for you YMG. Might as well head out to pasture. In a few months your pee-pee will stop working and girls will laugh cuz you get a discount on coffee at Hardee's. [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (08-12-2011 06:40 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

You worry too much. I drink copious amounts of alcohol to the point of blacking out, smoke like a freight train, eat as I want, and am lucky to sleep 5 hrs a day. I still look young and fuck like a sexual pterodactyl. Why? Cause I don't give a fuck. That's the key. Stop worrying what men's magazines tell ya. Their written by women.
Haha. I'm 42 Drink about a gallon of vodka a week, drink 10 frappes a day,chain smoke, Eat pot brownies and vicodin for breakfast and still pull more ass than the ladies room at the airport.

You will be fine YMG..Don't worry!

Quarter Life Crisis

I think that, in the face of a greater purpose and mission in life, all anxieties about aging will fade away.

Quarter Life Crisis

Quote: (08-12-2011 07:05 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Cry some moar?

But seriously, I would give a nut to have this kind of resource (the forum) at age 25 in the year of 2011. You're just passing time anyhow until you're 30 and can start living the good life!

Vicious, I'd be interested in hearing about how/why the 30's/40's are the good life. This is not the first time I've heard this. Frankly, I don't see how getting older can make things better. Clearly I'd be interested in hearing your end of the story.

Quarter Life Crisis

It is simply a matter of life experience and resources. Both which are available to you in a much greater extent than when you're 25 (unless you've been flipping burgers). Today I have the means to go anywhere in the world and do just about anything I'd ever want to. Up to now I was saving my dime, going to school or hustling in a junior position that only allowed minor excess.

Quarter Life Crisis

Quote: (08-12-2011 10:13 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

It is simply a matter of life experience and resources. Both which are available to you in a much greater extent than when you're 25 (unless you've been flipping burgers). Today I have the means to go anywhere in the world and do just about anything I'd ever want to. Up to now I was saving my dime, going to school or hustling in a junior position that only allowed minor excess.

More important question is do you have total freedom? IE Time wise

Money is only good if you can use it the way you want.

If you do have this total freedom, what job do you have that is allowing for such travel?

Quarter Life Crisis

It's interesting to see so many of the guys drinking and living hard while maintaining their younger looks, but I still don't recommend it. Treat your body well and it will take care of you. Most people don't even realize how poorly they feel until they clean up their diet and quit smoking. I can attest to this through my own experiences.

Quarter Life Crisis

Quote: (08-12-2011 11:05 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

It's interesting to see so many of the guys drinking and living hard while maintaining their younger looks, but I still don't recommend it. Treat your body well and it will take care of you. Most people don't even realize how poorly they feel until they clean up their diet and quit smoking. I can attest to this through my own experiences.
Greek blood Mr. Smith! katalavas?

Its normal for greek males to party like rockstars in their 40s and 50s

Quarter Life Crisis

Yeah for me a big thing is how to avoid becoming a fat old man. I have to be very vigilant in general to make sure I don't balloon up.

Quarter Life Crisis

Quote: (08-12-2011 11:10 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (08-12-2011 11:05 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

Greek blood Mr. Smith! katalavas?

Its normal for greek males to party like rockstars in their 40s and 50s

You're telling that to a greek man, my friend. [Image: thumb.gif]

Quarter Life Crisis

A lot of modern society is obsessed with youth. The media seems to cater to nothing else sometimes. But the older I get (nearing 30) the less I miss my youth. The disorganization, the flakiness of other young people, the drifting, the lack of knowledge about how the world works, the mistakes...I feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin with every year I age. I spent a lot of my 20s just sort of messing around, not wanting to choose anything that would limit my options, but I think it helps you get over your quarter life crisis when you have a vision and a means of pursuing it, even if it means giving up on other things. Narrow it down.

YMG, you seem unsure of where you really want to be, and what you really want to do. You have a lot of ideas, and it seems like you need to pick a place, and pick an idea that stimulates you, and just give yourself a few years to go after it letting nothing stand in your way. Maybe you will have to party less, or have less money in the short term, or spend less time with chicks, but you will be building something. I think a lot of that aimless feeling in our twenties comes from not wanting to limit our freedom by making any sort of binding choice, but we don't realize that this itself is a binding choice that may leave us older and still drifting, and past the point where we can start from scratch and give it our all again.

Check out some related materials here, that might help you sort some things out in your head related to drifting in your 20s and the need to make decisions and reduce the choices available to you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/09/opinio...15532.html

http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_...hoice.html

Quarter Life Crisis

Ajiaco great comment, the best on here so far.

Yeah YMG i also think that you are not too sure about what you are doing. If you limit a bit of your freedom and focus the next 5 yrs on creating good results with realistic goals, the 30s should be a walk in the park.

Quarter Life Crisis

Quote: (08-12-2011 12:01 PM)Ajiaco Wrote:  

A lot of modern society is obsessed with youth. The media seems to cater to nothing else sometimes. But the older I get (nearing 30) the less I miss my youth. The disorganization, the flakiness of other young people, the drifting, the lack of knowledge about how the world works, the mistakes...I feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin with every year I age. I spent a lot of my 20s just sort of messing around, not wanting to choose anything that would limit my options, but I think it helps you get over your quarter life crisis when you have a vision and a means of pursuing it, even if it means giving up on other things. Narrow it down.

YMG, you seem unsure of where you really want to be, and what you really want to do. You have a lot of ideas, and it seems like you need to pick a place, and pick an idea that stimulates you, and just give yourself a few years to go after it letting nothing stand in your way. Maybe you will have to party less, or have less money in the short term, or spend less time with chicks, but you will be building something. I think a lot of that aimless feeling in our twenties comes from not wanting to limit our freedom by making any sort of binding choice, but we don't realize that this itself is a binding choice that may leave us older and still drifting, and past the point where we can start from scratch and give it our all again.

Check out some related materials here, that might help you sort some things out in your head related to drifting in your 20s and the need to make decisions and reduce the choices available to you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/09/opinio...15532.html

http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_...hoice.html

I agree with your statement. I know some cultures where you only get respect (including pussy handed to you) when you are actually older.

In one of the things I do, one of the lizards there really likes me and she is only 20.

There are other guys there who are 22 and 24 but she seems to be zoned in on me.

However, I don't mix business with pleasure (MOB - See Athlone) so I can't really holla at her.

I nearly snagged a 21 year old mulatto at the bus stop coming back from Jambam *chortles* but she chickened out at the last minute..

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quarter Life Crisis

Yeah, Ajiaco and Pitt - you hit the nail on the head - and it's something I haven't wanted to admit to myself.

I've got so many good opportunities in front of me right now that I've become a bit scattered.

Thanks for the article and TED talk.

Quarter Life Crisis

My life didn't really get started until after 25.

My life didn't really really get started until after 30.

Quarter Life Crisis

Quote: (08-12-2011 03:16 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

My life didn't really get started until after 25.

My life didn't really really get started until after 30.

Ditto. I'm looking forward to 30.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee