rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

University Snowflake Receives Criticism for Crappy Writing; Blames Racism

Buzzfeed and Cosmo jumped at the opportunity to post articles about a precious snowflake at Suffolk University who felt she was the victim of racism. Cosmo’s headline reads “A College Professor Left Racist Notes on This Latino Student’s Paper.” Very objective reporting.

Here are the pictures of the two supremely racist comments (from the Buzzfeed article).

[Image: sub-buzz-9791-1477669022-1.jpg?resize=*:...size=800:*]

[Image: sub-buzz-30686-1477667376-1.jpg?resize=625:833&no-auto]

As you can see from these snippets, this student is well on her way to winning a Pulitzer. Before the word “Hence,” we see an exclamation point. Now, having personally graduated with a Master’s degree, I can tell you firsthand that nobody in the academic world (as of a decade ago) uses exclamation points. It is juvenile and a clear indication of an immature writer. The same goes for works of fiction. Exclamation points are to be used sparingly or not at all.

Her title, “A Latinization of Public Schools,” is laughable. It clearly made a poor first impression on the professor. Hence (heh) the reason the letter “A” has a blue dash through it.

The other comment, “Indicate where you cut and paste,” is a reference to her poor citations (or lack thereof), not an accusation of plagiarism. You can see that “(Irizarry and” is crossed out. This indicates that she did not use the proper format to cite her source (Irizarry and Donaldson, who are referenced in the following sentence). Just after that, we see the phrase “was selected specifically because of.” Not much later we see her using a first person pronoun. I mean, come the fuck on. Did this bitch even proofread this fucking thing?

Wait, hold up, this girl is God’s gift to academia, as she so eloquently points out in her blog post—a post that went viral because of virtue-signaling, leftist rags like Cosmo and Buzzfeed.

Instead of knocking her down too far, though, I’m going to give her some pointers to help her avoid these nasty, racist situations down the line once she takes out another six figure loan to get her PhD. My comments will be in parenthesis. Link to her blog article.

Quote:Quote:

My name is Tiffany Martínez. As a McNair Fellow and student scholar, I’ve presented at national conferences in San Francisco, San Diego, and Miami (I have instead of I’ve. Which conferences? Show, don’t tell). I have crafted a critical reflection piece that was published in a peer-reviewed journal managed by the Pell Institute for the Study of Higher Education and Council for Opportunity in Education (The Pell Institute published my critical reflection piece on [subject]. Avoid passive voice). I have consistently juggled at least two jobs and maintained the status of a full-time student and Dean’s list recipient since my first year at Suffolk University. I have (Is it really necessary to start every sentence with I have, you narcissistic cunt?) used this past summer to supervise a teen girls empower program and craft a thirty page intensive research project funded by the federal government (Glad to see our tax dollars going to such worthy causes). As a first generation college student, first generation U.S. citizen, and aspiring professor (I have no doubt you’ll be one. You meet the criteria) I have (Again, cut it the fuck out with the I haves) confronted a number of obstacles in order to earn every accomplishment and award I have accumulated (List these. At this point you’re a liar until you provide evidence). In the face of struggle, I have persevered and continuously produced content that is of high caliber (“High caliber content.” “That is of” are three unnecessary fluff words).

I name these accomplishments because I understand the vitality of credentials in a society where people like me are not set up to succeed. My last name and appearance immediately instills a set of biases before I have the chance to open my mouth. These stereotypes and generalizations forced on marginalized communities are at times debilitating and painful (Probably more painful than the violence and diseases coursing through the Latin American countries from which you hail). As a minority in my classrooms, I continuously hear my peers and professors use language that both covertly and overtly oppresses the communities I belong to (Provide examples, or else people might start to think you’re an oversensitive twat). Therefore, I do not always feel safe when I attempt to advocate for my people in these spaces (Not enough safe spaces? Transfer to Missouri). In the journey to become a successful student, I swallow the “momentary” pain from these interactions and set my emotions aside so I can function productively as a student.

Today is different. At eight o’clock this morning, I felt both disrespected and invalidated. For years I have spent ample time dissecting the internalized racism that causes me to doubt myself, my abilities, and my aspirations (By internalized, do you mean the way you see yourself? That’s how this reads, but you’re a great writer. Continue on). As a student in an institution extremely populated with high-income white counterparts (Ok. I’m starting to see the problem here), I have felt the bitter taste of not belonging. It took until I used my cloud of doubt and my sociological training to realize that my insecurities are rooted in the systems I navigate every day (I know you’re a Sociology student, but there is a Psychological term for this. It’s called projection). I am just as capable if not more so than those around me and my accomplishments are earned.

This morning, my professor handed me back a paper (a literature review) in front of my entire class and exclaimed “this is not your language.” On the top of the page they (Use the correct singular pronoun. If you’re trying to avoid cis-gendered, patriarchal “he/she” pronouns, just say “the professor.” Don’t use plural pronouns to refer to one person. You would know that if you fucking listened in English class.) wrote in blue ink: “Please go back and indicate where you cut and paste.” The period was included (That’s how one ends a sentence. Or did you start bleeding? I’m confused). They (Stop it) assumed that the work I turned in was not my own. My professor (There you go) did not ask me if it was my language, instead they (Nevermind…) immediately blamed me in front of peers. On the second page the professor circled the word “hence” and wrote in between the typed lines “This is not your word.” The word “not” was underlined. Twice. My professor assumed someone like me would never use language like that (If I were a betting man, and I am, I would guess that you had used the word “Hence” at least 5-10 times prior to that sentence. Your professor was probably sick of it. Kind of like how I’m sick of you using “They” to refer to one person). As I stood in the front of the class while a professor challenged my intelligence I could just imagine them (For fuck’s sake!!!) reading my paper in their (God fucking damn it!!!!) home thinking could someone like her write something like this?

In this interaction, my undergraduate career was both challenged and critiqued (Undergraduate career Hahaha!!!). It is worth repeating how my professor assumed I could not use the word “hence,” a simple transitory word that connected two relating statements (Hence and Therefore are two of the most commonly overused words when students are purposefully trying to add fluff to their papers. You’re not fooling anyone). The professor assumed I could not produce quality research (She didn’t assume. You failed to provide quality research or correctly cite your sources). The professor read a few pages that reflected my comprehension of complex sociological theories and terms and invalidated it all (Hahahahaha! I can't. "Complex sociological theories" LOL). Their (Kill yourself) blue pen was the catalyst that opened an ocean of self-doubt that I worked so hard to destroy (Key word being “self-doubt”). In front of my peers, I was criticized (Passive voice) by a person who had the academic position I aimed to acquire. I am hurting because my professor assumed that the only way I could produce content as good as this was to “cut and paste.” I am hurting because for a brief moment I believed them (Missing commas).

Instead of working on my English paper that is due tomorrow, I felt it crucial to reflect on the pain that I am sick of swallowing (Do professors offer extensions for hurt feelings these days?). My work is a reflection of my growth in a society that sees me as the other. For too long I have others assume I am weak, unintelligent, and incapable of my own success (You have others assume that? Like you’re telling them to assume that? Projection is a bitch, isn’t it?). Another element of this invalidation is that as I sit here with teary eyes describing the distress I am too familiar with, the professor has probably forgotten all about it (Reword this wordy fucking sentence. Jesus). My heartache can not be universally understood and until it is, I have to continue to fight. At this moment, there are students who will never understand the desolation that follows an underlined “not.” (Oh my, the desolation of an underlined not. There cannot possibly be anything worse in this cruel, cruel world) There are students who will be assumed capable without the need to list their credentials in the beginning of a reflective piece. How many degrees do I need for someone to believe I am an academic? (How many you willing to purchase via aggressive loans you’ll never pay back?)

At this moment, I am in the process of advocating for myself to prove the merit of my content to people who will never understand what it is like to be someone like me. Some of you won’t understand how every word that I use to describe this moment was diligently selected in a way that would properly reflect my intellect (You used a whole bunch of words. Editing would be nice). I understand that no matter how hard I try or how well I write (Hint: you don’t write well), these biases will continue to exist around me. I understand that my need to fight against these social norms is necessary.

In reality, I am tired and I am exhausted (Just say, “I am exhausted.” Fewer words, drives home the point. But yeah, being a college student is rough) On one hand, this experience solidifies my desire to keep going and earn a PhD but on the other it is a confirmation of how I always knew others saw me (Projection, projection, projection. And a run-on sentence. If you were a white male and wrote like this, you’d never get your PhD. Kudos for racking up both minority and vagina points). I am so emotional about this paper because in the phrase “this is not your word,” I look down at a blue inked reflection of how I see myself when I am most suspicious of my own success (Yes, this all has to do with how you see yourself and how you have managed to project those negative feelings onto others to avoid any blame). The grade on my paper was not a letter, but two words: “needs work.” (Because it fucking sucked. Post the paper online already instead of two little snippets) And it’s true. I am going to graduate in May and enter a grad program that will probably not have many people who look like me. The entire field of academia is broken and erases the narratives of people like me (Reword: “has bent over backwards and done everything in its power, including destroying its credibility, to cater to people like me). We all have work to do to fix the lack of diversity and understanding among marginalized communities (Diversity in marginalized communities? So you’re saying we need to marginalize people of all races?). We all have work to do.

Academia needs work (Yes it does. It needs to be purged of jackasses like you, as well as your enablers).

So what did Suffolk University do once she filed her grievance? Come on, we all know the answer. The university had the professor’s back and told the snowflake to sit the fuck down, right?

Suffolk University will conduct mandatory "microaggression" training for each academic department after an incident that recently gained attention in which a sociology student wrote a blog post saying she was wrongfully accused of plagiarism because of her race.

Kids, be cool. Stay out of school.

Great post and responses, I saw it a lot on my newsfeed but didn't have the heart to argue with people over it

That's the SJW mentality for you: Don't take time to improve your own mistakes, take time to talk about how your mistakes are not your own fault.

It is worth repeating how my professor assumed I could not use the word “hence,” a simple transitory word that connected two relating statements

Quote: (11-03-2016 05:11 PM)Serious Sam Wrote:  

Hence and Therefore are two of the most commonly overused words when students are purposefully trying to add fluff to their papers. You’re not fooling anyone

Hence is not her word or anyone's word. I'm hard-pressed to think of where it would be preferable to therefore. It's just an attempt to sound important via vocabulary rather than ideas. I can't stomach academic writing anymore.

1) first picture, line two:
"Latinx population"
[Image: icon_lol.gif]

2) Suffolk has a 82% acceptance rate.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

While the student looks like a moron immediately trotting out the race card, the professor's behavior is extremely odd. What the fuck does it mean that hence is "not your word?" It sounds like a plagiarism accusation, but that doesn't make any sense because how the hell is the word "hence" evidence of plagiarism? At the very least, the professor needs to clarify their [Image: rolleyes.gif] criticism. I have a feeling there's more to this story than is being reported.

Quote: (11-03-2016 07:14 PM)Delta Wrote:  

While the student looks like a moron immediately trotting out the race card, the professor's behavior is extremely odd. What the fuck does it mean that hence is "not your word?" It sounds like a plagiarism accusation, but that doesn't make any sense because how the hell is the word "hence" evidence of plagiarism? At the very least, the professor needs to clarify their [Image: rolleyes.gif] criticism. I have a feeling there's more to this story than is being reported.

I have a feeling this was a rough draft, which is why instead of a grade she received the note "needs work." I also have a feeling that within the context of the entire paper, the "this is not your word" note makes sense and is not racially charged. The problem is that this chick now controls the narrative, leftist outlets took off with it, SJWs started their typical frothing at the mouth routine, and the professor is automatically on the defensive. And when the professor's side comes out, you can rest assured that Buzzfeed, etc. will not retract their stories or post the professor's side of things.

Yeah that's cute a girl trying to write. Anyways any can find a pic of her? I want to know, if it's a would bang.

Quote: (11-03-2016 08:44 PM)fugly1000 Wrote:  

Yeah that's cute a girl trying to write. Anyways any can find a pic of her? I want to know, if it's a would bang.

Jesus, where are my manners? I forgot the most important part.

[Image: sub-buzz-2496-1477666788-1.jpg?resize=*:...size=800:*]

WNB

^^^. Would bang her mouth. I'm going to search for a whole body pic. To make my final judgment.

I wouldn't mind those lips slobbering on my meat. WB or me gustaría tener sexo con ella.

"To be underestimated, is an incredible gift." Rackham

The professor needs to take a penmanship class.

I can't read his scribble, hence, if I wanted to be a dick, or was a Latina with an attitude, I'd say he was racist too.

Why not? Who knows what that says.

"This is not your world" to that I say: "oh yeah cuz I'm Mexican?"

"Please go back" ... "Where mexico?!!"

"Incite whore yo" ... "I don't know what that means, racist!!"

I could go on, but you see my point.

Aloha!

It was nice of her to go on that meaningless diatribe for us. Instead of wondering if she was a shitty writer, we've had all doubt removed.

OP, please indicate your responses in bold next time. It makes it easier to pick out and read.

My name is Tiffany Martínez. As a McNair Fellow and student scholar, I’ve presented at national conferences in San Francisco, San Diego, and Miami (I have instead of I’ve. Which conferences? Show, don’t tell). I have crafted a critical reflection piece that was published in a peer-reviewed journal managed by the Pell Institute for the Study of Higher Education and Council for Opportunity in Education (The Pell Institute published my critical reflection piece on [subject]. Avoid passive voice). I have consistently juggled at least two jobs and maintained the status of a full-time student and Dean’s list recipient since my first year at Suffolk University. I have (Is it really necessary to start every sentence with I have, you narcissistic cunt?) used this past summer to supervise a teen girls empower program and craft a thirty page intensive research project funded by the federal government (Glad to see our tax dollars going to such worthy causes). As a first generation college student, first generation U.S. citizen, and aspiring professor (I have no doubt you’ll be one. You meet the criteria) I have (Again, cut it the fuck out with the I haves) confronted a number of obstacles in order to earn every accomplishment and award I have accumulated (List these. At this point you’re a liar until you provide evidence). In the face of struggle, I have persevered and continuously produced content that is of high caliber (“High caliber content.” “That is of” are three unnecessary fluff words).

Hopefully, you can see the difference in my quote above.

G

This is the hallmark of SJW dogma, nothing is ever their fault, nothing is ever their responsibility, they can never make mistakes, they can never be held accountable for their actions.

When you push victimhood mentality it eventually devolves into uncontrolled narcissism (selfie obsession, social media attention whoring) and an overinflated ego (my writing is perfect! Anyone who thinks different is waaacist!)

Modern day liberalism (Marxism) is no longer just an opposing worldview, it's a severe mental disorder.

This is why social media needs to be obliterated. It's given too many idiots voices that shouldn't have one.

Or we just need our institutions to man the fuck up and belittle this bullshit.

This is the 1,267,903th proof that universities are fucked and intelligent people should boycott them, go get trades training, and read classic books in the subjects they are interested in at home instead.

She's a mediocre writer at best, on the "normal person" scale. She's terribad on the professional scale. She uses odd language that most normal people won't understand without explanation--or rather, she uses normal words in odd ways--and she doesn't seem to understand that her audience can't read her mind. Give us some context and explanation, girl!

If she reads about 200 books by skilled writers, cranks out a million words of her own, and drops the identity wank bullshit, she might become a decent writer.

Unfortunately she's gotten thousands of comments saying how amazing she is, which will only cause her mediocrity to take root. Why improve when you're already the shit, right?

I predict she'll be writing the "Latina Angst" column at an online SJW magazine within 3 months. She'll marry some sucker, cuckold him, and live off his income while scratching out articles like "Six signs your white mother in law is actually a Nazi" for $10k a year. But she'll never really make it financially as a writer because there's just not that much money to be made when your whole audience is social justice fucktards.

A Latinx is a Lynx from Latvia, right?

But seriously, if you write anything with the word "I" in it that many times, you're a twat.

Quote: (11-04-2016 12:00 PM)weambulance Wrote:  

If she reads about 200 books by skilled writers, cranks out a million words of her own, and drops the identity wank bullshit, she might become a decent writer.

Unfortunately she's gotten thousands of comments saying how amazing she is, which will only cause her mediocrity to take root. Why improve when you're already the shit, right?

Luckily for her, we live in a world where mediocrity will give one better odds of landing a job at the New York Times than actually learning to write.

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

Thanks for your commentary OP, it was the only way I made it through that letter