rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vice: We can self-sustain by eating our own excrement

https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/we...ter-future

I am not sure if i should laugh or cry. The world will really suck if these guys ever are in charge. The Voxsplaining:

Quote:Quote:

But I wonder if we cannot and should not go further. Why stop at insects? Why be satisfied with their admittedly glowing report card of optimized efficiency when we could go all the way? The logical conclusion of this train of thought, as far as I can see, is clear: Let us engineer the perfect closed loop. Let us eat, and only eat, our own poop.

This modest pooposal is not as far-fetched as it might first sound. So let me try to nip any doubts in the bud. A common objection often involves nutritional composition. How would feces ever be nutritive enough to sustain the life from which it came? The key lies in processing. As it turns out, feces is quite a complex substance. In addition to the waste of digested foods, there is actually quite a bit of useful material to reclaim from it: undigested or unabsorbed proteins, fats, carbohydrates, micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals, and even some enzymes. There is fiber, water, and dead cells from the body in there—such as red blood cells and cells from the intestinal lining—not to mention many of the microorganisms living in the gastrointestinal tract.

Animal ethics—and indeed plant ethics—will become a moot point. The only organisms we will need to use for our own sustenance will be a handful of microbes, which don’t even really count as ‘other’ because they are already a part of our bodies. Ultimately, it will be a fun and by no means insurmountable design challenge to come up with a broad array of approaches to ensure reclamation stays at, or even exceeds, 100 percent. That’s what #Innovation and Silicon Valley are for.

Even though fecal recycling is demonstrably possible, the primary objection at this point has to do with disgust. Who would eat it? Many are skeptical we could get our entire species to start eating their own excrement, but the psychological research suggests that humans’ disgust towards feces is not innate but learned, and thus may be unlearned as well.

For a start, many animals already exhibit what is known as coprophagia, or the eating of feces. Elephants, hippos, koalas, pandas, and others are born with sterile digestive tracts, and the young eat their mother’s feces in order to inoculate their own intestines with the right microbes. Dogs, rabbits, monkeys, and others have also been observed eating feces, of their own and other species (god knows what for, but they do).

As for human culture, it can alter designations of disgust quite quickly. Look at the recent debate around so-called ‘recycled water’, or water reclaimed from sewage through an extensive process of filtration and sanitation. Though recycled water comes out much purer than regular tap water, at first, many people would refuse to drink it. But this response is starting to change. And if we can learn anything from the history of food processing and marketing, it is that abstracting foods into different forms can be a highly effective way to get people to eat them. Consider, say, cricket flour, or fractionated black soldier fly fat.

Why be reformist when we can be revolutionary? Why wait for doom when we can rise up and choose our fate? No, my friends: the dream of complete self-sufficiency is within our grasp, and it begins, ineluctably, at our anuses.

The author:

Josh Evans is a graduate student at Cambridge. He was formerly the lead researcher at Nordic Food Lab in Copenhagen and is featured in the documentary film, BUGS.

My take:

[Image: 3589yw.jpg]

I honestly did not see this coming as the end-game of veganism. I am going to keep eating animals because they are tasty, my body wants to and I evolved to eat them.

If they want to treat and turn human feces into fertilizer than by all means do it.

There's no way in hell i'll consume freeze dried human turd nuggets.

[Image: zOOxMa0.gif]

[Image: JcspoU2.jpg]

Take care of those titties for me.

We could also purify our own piss and drink that, the problem is it takes energy. The same energy that we could use to produce food and water that hasn't passed through the digestive and urinary tracts of another human. I mean we could probably eat other people too, right? Many peoples have and as long as you don't eat the brain you will be allright. Eating shit, drinking piss and eating each other, is that the future we are coming too?
Maybe the fact that %40 of our food chain is lost due to waste, is the problem?

The biggest problem with this in not even that it is disgusting.

The biggest problem with this in not even that it is unhygienic.

The core reason this will never work because it would effectively be a perpetual motion mechanism and if we all know it is impossible.

This is nothing new - trough ages there have always been people of weak judgement who want to construct a perpetual motion engine. Most of these people were driven by some ideology that would align with modern leftist utopia - bring free energy to everyone so everyone would live in abundance without work and responsibility - without some sort of an ideology like that to cloud a persons judgement, no one who actually has capacity to construct any type of engine would fall for such an obvious logical fallacy.

Here is a good observation of mine - if you want to test how sensible a person is and how receptive he or she would be to talking about red pill, neomasculine or alt-right ideas, if you want to know this without taking a risk and exposing yourself, ask that person if he or she believes a perpetual motion engine is possible.

If the person says no - chances are they have at least a basic package of reason installed on them.

If they say yes - chances are they have no logical reasoning, but think that it should work because it should - because everything in the world is supposed to be for free, were it not for the pesky white men who hid this technology that would bring total equality and abundance on earth.

Guys, I do this all the time.

I just prefer to eat my shit after it's been feeding plants that a tasty mammal has been nibbling on. Then I eat that tasty animal.

It probably tastes much better that way, but I'm not sure because I haven't eaten the poopoo.

Quote: (10-08-2016 10:39 AM)philosophical_recovery Wrote:  

The most positively funny video I have seen since Trump stumped Jeb at debates

Roosh mentioned in one of his Q&A videos that he wouldn't even put his golden rod into a woman's pooperhole because it's the end of her digestive system (to be honest I didn't know that a woman's pooper was part of her digestive system, so I learned something).

But eating shit? Eat Da Poo Poo? There is a reason why poo-poo is expelled from the end of the Digestive system, but SJWs wanna use the poo-poo for sexual and now nutritional purpose.

Vedic Culture utilizes cow dung for cementing floors, but they don't eat cow dung.

So what up with these SJW introducing people to eat the poo poo? Shit-eating fetish used to happen in the decadence of Babylon I heard too, and we all know what became of that civilization. Nothing.

No way I gonna be forced to eat anything made from the poo-poo. That shit alone sounds homosexual. Only effeminate fags and lesbos eat the poo-poo, and they shouldn't force that shit on others to eat poo-poo...

Quote: (10-08-2016 10:35 AM)Mage Wrote:  

The core reason this will never work because it would effectively be a perpetual motion mechanism and if we all know it is impossible.

This is nothing new - trough ages there have always been people of weak judgement who want to construct a perpetual motion engine. Most of these people were driven by some ideology that would align with modern leftist utopia - bring free energy to everyone so everyone would live in abundance without work and responsibility - without some sort of an ideology like that to cloud a persons judgement, no one who actually has capacity to construct any type of engine would fall for such an obvious logical fallacy.

Here is a good observation of mine - if you want to test how sensible a person is and how receptive he or she would be to talking about red pill, neomasculine or alt-right ideas, if you want to know this without taking a risk and exposing yourself, ask that person if he or she believes a perpetual motion engine is possible.

If the person says no - chances are they have at least a basic package of reason installed on them.

If they say yes - chances are they have no logical reasoning, but think that it should work because it should - because everything in the world is supposed to be for free, were it not for the pesky white men who hid this technology that would bring total equality and abundance on earth.

I figured bringing up the first law of thermodynamics and it precluding a perpetual motion machine was redundant. You have met people who believe in a perpetual motion machine?

In famine hit areas they would eat human shit because nothing else was around. Once that dried up they faced a quick death.

Vegans willingly eat shit when supermarkets are open 24/7. It is a symbol of their mental illness.

The problem is you can't just keep eating Da poo poo. Eventually you have to add something back to it. AAJ mentioned about filtering piss, which yeah takes energy. But in a survival scenario, you can drink your piss no more than 3 times, because eventually it runs out of what you need and is more taxing on your body's filtering system.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Quote: (10-08-2016 11:51 AM)AboveAverageJoe Wrote:  

I figured bringing up the first law of thermodynamics and it precluding a perpetual motion machine was redundant. You have met people who believe in a perpetual motion machine?

Yes - I know a guy with a masters at jurisprudence who worked as an advisor for a minister in goverment and who's spare time hobby was to watch you tube videos about perpetual motion engines (there is an unbelievable amount of such videos, I cannot understand who makes them and why) and try to construct one himself. He was especially interested in using magnets for this purpose and given my background in electrical engineering asked me for some tips. Of course I had to explain him that this is not possible but he would not believe me. He had some savior complex about discovering this machine and solving country's energetic problems. Thankfully he got fired with the next change of cabinet of ministers otherwise I feared he would discredit and humiliate himself and propose to fund a team for researching something like that or whatever. Or maybe he did get fired over this - he wouldn't tell such shameful details obviously. He is the guy who turned my attention to the fact that there is an entire subculture of people who are obsessed with these devices - it's a diagnosis I believe.

Thankfully no one whom I know with a STEM degree has said it's possible, but some people with humanitarian education who have never given it a real thought would say - "yeah why wouldn't it be possible?" Some however insist harder that it still is possible even after you explain that it isn't. I do belive there is some deeper issue here given how many people historically have tried to construct these engines and continue to try it still and I do believe it to be loosely correlated with leftism. Check youtube yourself.

If I recall, NTP was very outspoken about colonizing Mars by the supposed use of a modern carnot heat engine or something like that. Because of the big-baller trolling I just discounted eveything else he said. What makes me really laugh is the flat earth guys. I would pay money to watch flat earthers debate hollow earthers. The combined idiocy would cause a critical mass of stupidity and everyone in the room would be consumed by spontaneous human combustion.

Quote: (10-08-2016 12:27 PM)Mage Wrote:  

Quote: (10-08-2016 11:51 AM)AboveAverageJoe Wrote:  

Yes - I know a guy with a masters at jurisprudence who worked as an advisor for a minister in goverment and who's spare time hobby was to watch you tube videos about perpetual motion engines (there is an unbelievable amount of such videos, I cannot understand who makes them and why) and try to construct one himself. He was especially interested in using magnets for this purpose and given my background in electrical engineering asked me for some tips. Of course I had to explain him that this is not possible but he would not believe me. He had some savior complex about discovering this machine and solving country's energetic problems. Thankfully he got fired with the next change of cabinet of ministers otherwise I feared he would discredit and humiliate himself and propose to fund a team for researching something like that or whatever. Or maybe he did get fired over this - he wouldn't tell such shameful details obviously. He is the guy who turned my attention to the fact that there is an entire subculture of people who are obsessed with these devices - it's a diagnosis I believe.

Thankfully no one whom I know with a STEM degree has said it's possible, but some people with humanitarian education who have never given it a real thought would say - "yeah why wouldn't it be possible?" Some however insist harder that it still is possible even after you explain that it isn't. I do belive there is some deeper issue here given how many people historically have tried to construct these engines and continue to try it still and I do believe it to be loosely correlated with leftism. Check youtube yourself.

[Image: perpetual-motion-machine.gif]

What people think when you say pepetual motion machine:

[Image: Newtons_cradle_animation_book_2.gif]

I prefer to see this in a metaphorical way.

The leftist safe space echo chamber can certainly sustain themselves with their own excrement. What else have they done?

Quote: (10-08-2016 02:01 PM)The Man w/ the Golden Gun Wrote:  

I prefer to see this in a metaphorical way.

The leftist safe space echo chamber can certainly sustain themselves with their own excrement. What else have they done?

They have controlled the narrative to the point where now telling them to "eat shit!" has no shock value or negative social connotation.

Even the ancients knew that being an auto-fecalphage-one who eats their own shit-was a bad idea.
That is why the ancient proverb "Eat shit and die!" exists.

Been done before

[Image: 200_s.gif]

http://www.bugsfeed.com/joshdevans

"Josh Evans was born in Canada on Vancouver Island, and is a graduate of Yale University where he studied humanities and sustainable food systems. He was the lab’s lead researcher and manager of the project “Discerning Taste: Deliciousness as an Argument for Entomophagy”.... He is an adamant proponent for the argument that entomophagy in itself cannot “save the world”. Rather, it’s the way we think about and engage in food systems in general that must change. Josh begins postgraduate research in history and philosophy of science at Cambridge in the fall of 2016."

So, he fucking loves science, but doesn't actually know any. Thus his perpetual digestion machine idea.

"Through his research Josh aims to come as deep as possible into the cultures that he encounters on the lab’s field trips around the world."

Planting his seed, as it were.

And of course he has a shit-eating grin. Just not the good kind.
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gettyimages.com%2F...597390&f=1]

As I long suspected, Vice is - quite literally - full of shit.

What the fuck is he wearing on his feet?

Look like reefwalkers, usually used by Japanese Fishermen.