rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why Do You Think Chicks Are So Obsessed With Paris?

With every other major city, there's usually a 50/50 split interest between men & women. London, NYC, Tokyo, etc. Men & women are equally fascinated by these cities.

But when it comes to Paris, the interest is overwhelmingly female. If there's one city women around the world are obsessed with, it's Paris. Why?

To me, Paris isn't even the most beautiful city in Europe (that's Rome). Is Paris just marketed better or what?

I'd ask why they're more obsessed with Dubai.

Well we all know that women are too smart to be influenced by movies and pop culture, so it couldn't possibly be that...

Funny part is after their visit, most of them is like meh..

It's known for fashion, art, food, and romance/sex. That last one is mostly from its early to mid 20th century reputation and based on films.

I visited it 20 years ago and it was quite nice then.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Romantic fantasy ideal.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Unless they went with their lover and he spent mad money making sure they had all the right pics. Good location, good food, good views.

Paris can be a dangerous dump for those on a budget.

Also, chicks that go there and bang a cool local. Then they can brag that they had the "real Parisian" experience. They love Paris.

Quote: (09-13-2016 04:18 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Unless they went with their lover and he spent mad money making sure they had all the right pics. Good location, good food, good views.

Also, chicks that go there and bang a cool local. Then they can brag that they had the "real Parisian" experience. They love Paris.

Hey ladies, come to Paris and get the REAL Parisian experience:

It's that carefully cultivated romantic image.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Someone told me the place was socially like Boston with french speakers everywhere.

That's all i needed to know and bumped it down on the list of places to visit.

Quote: (09-13-2016 04:22 PM)NewMeta Wrote:  

Quote: (09-13-2016 04:18 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Hey ladies, come to Paris and get the REAL Parisian experience:

Unfortunate but France has been complicit in the destabilization of several African countries for many decades.

Not to say that they deserve this but the conspiracy theorist in me says this is some kind of kickback to African governments.

I stayed in Paris and I would say it warrant its reputation.

It is incredibly beautiful, the whole city is an open air museum.

It is also an open-air bar, you can basically meet people everywhere.

Transportation is great, lost of museums and culture, always something to do and it is impossible to get bored, cinemas everywhere, the food is great, not regional but it has a bit of everything from the whole France. The French girls themselves are ok, but there are a lot of tourist chicks coming every year.
It's very easy to get inspired by Paris and after leaving the city all other places feel meh.

Staying there for 5 days is ok, but after coming back more and more, you start feeling home there.

City is not that expensive if you know where to go out. Rents are expensive though but pretty much like any other world capital.

Paris can be romantic, it can be pretty much what you want it to be. If chicks find it's a romantic place it is easy to justify; beautiful place, cheap wine, used to be the center of the world of romance, philosphy, and science.

It is a great transportation hub, you can fly to almost everywhere in Europe for cheap and everywhere in the world.

It is debatable if Rome looks better than Paris, I would say Paris is more beautiful because Napoleon wanted it to be the Rome of its empire

Paris has some problems: dirty in some areas, lot of people and tourists, some places overly expensive. But for me it is a great place where to live and study.

[Image: Boutique_Louis_Vuitton_au_101_avenue_des..._Paris.JPG]

Rome and Paris were both two of the most smelly cities I've ever visited (did both in April as part of my Euro tour). Due to the drop in tourism after the terrorist attacks over the past 10 months, the local businesses in Paris are hurting. Still beautiful, still iconic... but losing a bit of its luster compared to 10-20 years ago. Issues like rampant migrant criminal activity that have not been an issue in the past are today. So the experience is not quite the same.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Because they watch too much tv.

Why are loads of Europeans (especially chicks) obsessed with going to LA? Same reason...they were sold on perception.

[Image: tumblr_n9mzlc2Owu1ql5yr7o1_500.gif]

[Image: 35d4abf094336cdcbe3e7e0efb1bcc0ffa21d5fd...069d50.jpg]

[Image: 98572e852d60c0be876c5e4734015f96.jpg]

Quote: (09-13-2016 06:19 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Rome and Paris were both two of the most smelly cities I've ever visited (did both in April as part of my Euro tour). Due to the drop in tourism after the terrorist attacks over the past 10 months, the local businesses in Paris are hurting. Still beautiful, still iconic... but losing a bit of its luster compared to 10-20 years ago. Issues like rampant migrant criminal activity that have not been an issue in the past are today. So the experience is not quite the same.

I visited Paris for New Year's almost three years ago and was aghast to find a Starbucks in Le Grand Prix, a mall I used to frequent when I lived there 13 years ago.

G

Paris Syndrome: culture shock sickness sends Japanese tourists packing

Quote:Quote:

Paris Syndrome is a psychological condition experienced almost exclusively by Japanese tourists who are disappointed when the city of lights does not live up to their romantic expectations.

The syndrome, considered an extreme case of culture shock, causes symptoms such as an acute delusional state, hallucinations, anxiety, dizziness, and sweating, has been documented by medical journals.

So why does Paris make Japanese visitors sick?

The French psychiatric journal Nervure cites the disappointment many visitors feel is caused by the over-romanticised expectations of Paris as a city of love, fashion, and glamorous people.

The city is a popular tourist destination due to Japan’s fascination with all things French; cities such as Tokyo are filled with French patisseries and luxury French fashion outlets such as Chanel and Louis Vuitton.
Around six million Japanese people visit France each year.

In Japanese popular culture Paris is associated with romantic films such as Amelie and is thought to be the stuff of fairytales, cobble-stoned streets and all.

When the reality of the modern city of Paris sets in, with its notoriously rude service and confusing public transport, some tourists simply cannot cope with their expectations being dashed.

Combined with exhaustion, language barriers, and culture barriers, homesickness and culture shock can cause serious psychological distress.

The Japanese embassy in Paris repatriates up to 20 tourists a year, sending them home with a doctor or nurse to ensure they recover from the shock.

The embassy also runs a 24-hour helpline for expatriates experiencing the syndrome.

The problem appears to be growing worse instead of improving, as there have been reports of Chinese tourists, part of the country's emerging middle class travelling abroad for the first time, experiencing the syndrome.

While lowered expectations may prevent the shock, Professor Hiroaki Ota who first identified the syndrome over 25 years ago, says there is only one cure.

The permanent fix is board a flight home and never return to Paris.

Bon voyage.

Japanese people definitely love all things French. At the Meiji Shrine (A Japanese Emperor's shrine) they have barrels of French wine.

I guess a French player who takes care of himself could do some serious damage in Tokyo.

Versailles culture.
Aristocrats had to move to apartments in the palace at Versailles, just outside Paris, or risk losing royal influence.
If the King liked you, you got ahead. If he yawned at your play, you were ruined.
So you had huge numbers of very rich and powerful men, clustered in the same place, in a sexual culture where the King had a semi-official mistress on the side.
Intrigue, drama, wealth, proximity to fame, and maximum female sexual choice.

Compare it to England during the same period. English aristos lived in isolated estates, and mostly gained influence by sending their sons to the same handful of schools and the same two universities, and by attending parliament. Not much absolutism - they sucked up to the King as usual, but it wasn't social death if he sniffed at you. Women were mainly isolated in country estates.
Stoicism, cooperation, non-dominant king, and minimum female sexual choice. Not much potential for drama or cheating.

4 posts 4 threads how are you JohnBozzz?

[Image: troll.gif]

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Kiev, Warsaw, Bangkok, Manila and Bucarest are sexual destinations for men and therefore are considered third world, shitty and crappy places.

Paris, Barcelona, London, Milan, Lisbon and Marrakesh are sexual destinations for women and therefore are considered modern, glamorous and trendy.

7 Things Tinder Taught Me About French Men

Quote: (09-14-2016 01:27 AM)Silvestroyer Wrote:  

Kiev, Warsaw, Bangkok, Manila and Bucarest are sexual destinations for men and therefore are considered third world, shitty and crappy places.

Paris, Barcelona, London, Milan, Lisbon and Marrakesh are sexual destinations for women and therefore are considered modern, glamorous and trendy.

7 Things Tinder Taught Me About French Men

I disagree with your reasoning. Paris, Barcelona, London, Milan, Lisbon are all wealthier than Kiev, Warsaw, Bangkok, Manila and Bucharest.

They're looking for that french cock.
Women travel to sleep around after all.

I for one hope that anglosphere chicks stop coming to Paris and pollute the pussy pool here.

Every time I go to a bar, the loudest, fattest and most annoying chicks speak English.

The thing about Paris is that most people come here dont get the whole experience if you dont speak French. Then you will only see a noisy, smelly, super-crowded artistic city with rude people.

Most chicks give no shit about culture/art, even about fashion, and mostly come just to get a selfie with the Eiffel Tower.

When I first came to Paris, thanks to my school partnership program I got the crazy luck of living with the Countess of Gastille, one of the last few noble houses in France. The house is located right in the middle of Bastille (think Centre Square in NYC, except that history was made here), and the room was a fucking museum decorated with portraits of her old ancestor, one of which the Duke de Gastille, Master of the Hunt of Napoleon III.

She told me she stopped hosting girls, because the last American girl she hosted wanted to move out because internet was down in the house. Bitch was living in the cradle of history, nobility and civilization, and all she thought of was her stupid smart phone and social apps.

Still, the romantic side of Paris is well and alive and accessible to tourists along the borders of the Seine and the various beautiful gardens.

But if you need to get deep down into the soul of this city, you need to speak French, and go out with French people. They will show you the hidden bars behind a charming cathedral, the best creperie in town that never gets mentioned in the travel guide, and the correct way to enjoy an apéro at sunset. Also, the public transport system is the best and cheapest among the major capitals IMO.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie