rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trump-isms

Trump-isms

Who's started picking up Trump mannerisms?

I've been watching so many rallies that his speaking patterns and persona have been brainwashed into me.

My hand gestures have doubled, while my "ummm" use has plummeted. I regularly catch myself saying "believe me" and "here's the story folks..." in everyday conversation. I've even been flashing the double thumbs up.

[Image: erPdYD.jpg]

Trump-isms

This is one of those threads that if the OP had 0 reps and 6 posts, I'd figure it was a troll. But with 1,433 and 38 reps its hilarious.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Trump-isms

I've incorporated the Trump finger into my gestures. It's great for emphasizing a point:

[Image: trump_finger.jpeg]

Trump-isms

Yuuuge and disaster for me

Trump-isms

So....blah blah blah

Blah blah blah. Believe me.

Sad!

Un-. Believable.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Trump-isms

Sad!

I've picked up the way he pauses and emphasizes his words and sentences.

I also sometimes throw out the phrase "let's make _____ great again!".

Trump-isms

I've never seen anything like it!

Sad!

Trump-isms

Tremendous has entered my vocab.

China is now pronounced Ji-na and emphasized.

Trump-isms

Total disaster.

Tremendous.

Bigly.

Everyone knows.

We must...

That I can tell you.

Trump-isms

Chai-na

Ending my sentence with "folks!"

Bigly

You have such high/low energy..

It's so dishonest

My father is the hardest working man I know..

_______ LOVE ME! (blacks/Asians/Mexicans/etc)

Trump-isms

Disaster is the one I've been using a lot.

^^ Curious to know how the username [email protected] is working out for you? Much spam?

Trump-isms

I'm a nationalist every day and sometimes wear a MAGA hat.

The open, but commanding hand gestures while speaking are very effective, probably more effective than I could make use of, it isn't something I do but I recognise how Trump uses it. I think it is subconscious for him a lot of the time, it definitely works for him.

Trump-isms

I find myself cutting off annoying people by holding up a finger saying " excuse me"

Trump-isms

Quote: (08-17-2016 01:43 AM)Sooth Wrote:  

Tremendous has entered my vocab.

China is now pronounced Ji-na and emphasized.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Trump-isms

Yuge

Believe Me

Folks

Excuse Me

...That, I can tell you

Tremendous

Total Disaster

We're not going to have a country any more

Trump-isms

I haven't picked up any, I don't watch realty tv.

Trump-isms

"Chai-nah!" has come up a lot due to the Olympics

"Bye bye!" I use with my kids when I leave for work.

I've been using "Yah fired!" For years in my payroll work.

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

Trump-isms

I catch myself going off script, Trump style, during a sales pitch..

Sales pitch example:
[Image: picture-23-e1296206633791.png]

Me:
I found your website on Google. You have a quality website. Quality website. I absolutely love it....

I really think you should own the domain because it is perfect for your company. It's perfect...

_____ is a great product, it's great, ...

I plan to offer this product to several companies, several, ..

I appreciate your time, I really do..

I catch myself doing the hand gestures as well, but I just can't bring myself to tell the customers I love them.

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Trump-isms

I didn't realize he said "Bigly", I thought he was saying Big League

Trump-isms

Nobody mentioned the wall ("and they gonna pay for it!"): I've started using, "It just got 10 feet higher!", on various occasions.

Trump-isms

Not really a Trumpism, but "Over the wall you go." has become a regular in my conversations.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Trump-isms

I told a chef that I work for that it's unfortunate we would have to fire our Mexican dishwashers after November. He was on the floor laughing his ass off.

Trump-isms

Trumpisms I've picked up:

That hand motion with the tip of your pointer finger touching the tip of your thumb.
The famous "excuse me"
Unbelievable
Tremendous
It's like nothing you've ever seen.
Believe me
We aren't babies/X isn't a baby, folks!
Folks
Bing bing bing
I LOVE THE [insert-race/group]!
Big league
Darling
THE SINGLE BIGGEST/GREATEST X YOU'VE EVER SEEN
Out Out Out!
They/You have to go back!
Branding people with [negative adjective][Name]
SAD!/BAD! (Only when typing)
He's got a voice like Pavarotti
Not gonna happen, folks

Trump-isms

I've already used Mr Trump's farewell technique for exiting failed pick up or set I don't want to be in.

What Mr Trump does is when he realises being with a reporter is a waste of time he smirks and waives the palm of his hand up like in a greeting gesture, says "bye!" and quickly walks away. I thought this was powerful because leaving a set was always awkward for me but doing it like this makes me feel very powerful, it frames the interaction as I don't want to be here because I'm not interested and I've chosen to spend my time elsewhere productively.

Trump-isms

Absolutely.

I tell you, they need to use Trump speech clips as references in speech classes.

I had to take a class called Oral Communication my first semester of college and I wish I had waited to take it around this time in my life. I've absorbed so many of Trump's mannerisms now. He's the master of public speaking: Keep it simple, stay confident, don't be quiet, and above all be human - Stay away from robot mannerisms, e.g. Clinton and Rubio.

I also admire the way he grabs his podium. On the sides, arms wide, slight relaxed posture without slouching. Looks strong and shows he's comfortable up there on stage and he's in control.

[Image: donald-trump-media.jpg?quality=75&strip=color&w=594]

Unlike how most people would be behind a podium. See if you can notice the difference.

[Image: AP399984507448-540x360.jpg]

Above all, I owe Trump a lot. Just by following him he's unconsciously increased my confidence and bettered my overall speech delivery. Can't wait for this man to be president.