rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Got a woman's number at the gym today, but do not remember her name

Hey all:
I got a woman's number today at the gym. This was the first time that I got a women’s number during the day. She was staring at me when I walked in. I saw that she was doing dips on an assisted machine and I told her that bench dips would hit her triceps more. My gym does not have a dip rack. Next, I demonstrated to her how to do them. Then, I asked her if she wanted to go to a bar with me tonight. She said she had to work, so I asked for her number. She gave me her number and I wrote it down in my notebook. Next, I proceeded to continue my workout and left. My problem is that I have a general idea of what her name is, but still do not remember it fully. I plan to text her in two days (Monday) and ask her out to either a drink date (Wednesday). Also, I know she liked me because (1) she laughed at one of my jokes and (2) she gave me her number with no hesitation. My plan to figure out her name is to say what I think her name is (when I see at the bar) and ask her if I am pronouncing it right. I believe it is spelled “Usam” and have never of this name. I believe that if I tell her what a unique and pretty name she has, she will look past the fact that I did not pronounce it correctly.

Question: If the date is going well and I make out with her, what is the best thing to say in order to get her back to my hotel? My plan was to ask her if she wanted to come and watch a movie with me. Also, on drink dates, should a guy compliment a women at all regarding her attire, appearance, etc. The last thing that I want to do is put her up on a pedestal. Any suggestions on how to prepare for this date would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I generally suck with remembering names, so this is always a problem for me. Ask around your gym and see if anyone knows what her name is. If that doesn't work, I would tell her that I suck at spelling and have her spell it correctly for me in my phone. Since her name isn't common this has a solid chance of not backfiring.

As for getting her back to your place; Roosh has written a lot of good posts on persistence and it is covered very well in Bang. Inviting her back for a movie is a good move. Inviting her back for drinks once you leave the bar is even better.

Never complement a girl you haven't banged unless you ball like G or Mixx. Remember that you're the shit and she should be the one worrying about trying to impress you.

You should google the phone number.

If that doesn't work just call up and say "hey I can't remember your name" then go from there. It's ok.

Aloha!

I am the king of name forgetting.

...It's only augmented my game.

Call her a nickname by referencing something from your conversation together. Eventually you'll get a chance to ask her.

You can take it one step further by jokingly asking her: "Wait what was your name again?" (laughing a bit and smile) in the middle of a conversation. You mentioned her name is a bit unique, you could try asking her to spell it.

There are a ton of ways to handle this. You could just go without calling her by her name at all. I dated a girl for 6 months and maybe called her by her actual name two or three times at all.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Thank you guys for all of the great advice. I believe that if I make a joke about her name she will laugh and make me repeat her name. Also, I will invite her make to my room for a drink. I am confident that everything will turn out alright.

[Image: amuse.gif] I joined the Facebook for precisely this reason

Somebody get it in writing, quick!

girls ALSO forget guys' names... if YOU don't see it as a big deal, so won't they...

-granted- I've already lost girls because of name forgetting, but nevertheless I usually have a blast from these situations later on...

Just laugh it out if she gets pissed (but she won't!!!)

This thread reminds me of this.
http://youtu.be/H1g5iPdwTL4

I have like 10 numbers I got from women when I was wasted. No clue who they are or where I met them. I should probably stop drinking so much when I go out.

Why not do what master PUA, warren beatty did : "whats new,pussycat?" in other words, you use a cute nickname and cant get caught out. you could call up and say "hey Gym Girl,its me ,the handsome man you gave your number too last week".

As for getting her real name out of her, a little into the convo say "listen, my spelling is bad, spell out your name for so i can add you to my[/font] contacts properly".

i dont know about pussycat as a nickname for a chick u just meet lol

I use Roissy's old standby.

"I have a confession to make."

"what?"

"I forgot your name."

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

So how did it go, did you bang it?

Quote: (08-08-2011 11:15 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

I use Roissy's old standby.

"I have a confession to make."

"what?"

"I forgot your name."

This and if you want to go a different route as I sometimes do just to change it up, I also just give her some sort of relevant pet name/street name. She doesn't call you by your name to all her friends, she calls you crap like 'Gym Guy' or 'Barbell Boy'...so I wouldn't even stress.