rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The RVF community should become a polygynous tribe

It's been encouraged in a recent thread that RVF members marry within the tribe. Liberty Sea remarked, "The MSM will start calling us a cult, though." Since they're going to do that anyway, why not adopt another cultlike practice by practicing polygyny? This would involve RVF members' being open not only to their daughters' marrying an RVF member, but also to their daughters' being the first, second, or third, etc. wives in a polygynous marriage. Some thoughts on this:

(1) Marrying two sisters would help preserve the original familial bonds (as opposed to separating sisters by dispersing them among multiple husbands). It would also eliminate the father's need to find another guy to marry his younger daughter. He would have already screened the first guy and would have a few years of marital track record to review in making his decision. He might even offer a discount on the dowry, e.g. buy one daughter, get 50 percent off the second. The husband would also avoid the need to meet and get to know another set of parents when looking for a second wife, and would in general get to avoid having multiple sets of in-laws to deal with.

(2) Polygyny leads to more harmonious marriages, by giving wives another adult in the household to talk to besides their husband. As someone pointed out in an RoK discussion on polygamy, "2 women openly with 1 man will STFU and compete like mad, while absorbing each others need for long winded emotional 'relationship' conversations.... it's a bit like the way noise cancelling headphones work..."

(3) Polygyny reduces the need for people to resort to premarital sex and extramarital affairs. Polygyny allows (1) there to be enough alphas to go around to all the women who want an alpha, so that women will have less of an incentive to delay marriage in order to spend their prime years chasing after alphas; and (2) allows alphas to get both sexual variety and marriage at the same time, reducing their incentive to either delay marriage while they play the field, or have a mistress after they're already married.

(4) Polygyny will heighten competition among men to become desirable enough to attract one or more women. This will encourage men to learn game, become fit, strive for greatness, etc., which will benefit society in a variety of ways. Married men will have a reason to not slack off, but rather continue improving themselves in order to get more wives. Women tend to be more attracted to men who already have a woman; polygyny will allow married men to leverage this advantage without cheating.

(5) Polygyny can help the RVF tribe grow more rapidly. After all the available women in the RVF tribe have been married off, the remaining single men will have to choose between celibacy or marrying women outside the tribe. If they choose the latter, then polygyny will increase the overall number of women who are married to men in the RVF tribe, which presumably will increase the total number of children being born to these men.

If men choose celibacy (or have celibacy thrust upon them by a scarcity of available women), perhaps the tribe can find some helpful role for them as modern-day priests or monks who have given themselves wholly to a worthy object of devoted effort, from which they will not be distracted by women. If a worthwhile goal is found for them to pursue, and they are honored as altruistic benefactors of society rather than despised as losers, it might not be such a bad gig for those who have the right temperament for it. Not everyone is meant to be good at everything, and a lack of desirability to women under nature-ordained conditions of polygyny could simply be a sign that one is meant for a different calling.

(7) Polygyny gives women more flexibility, by allowing one of a man's wives to be a career woman while the other stays home with the kids. This provides increased security in case of the husband's death or disability. If something happens to the husband, two parents remain in the household, so that neither is left as a single mom. One wife will be able to stay home with the kids and the other will be able to work without feeling guilty that she's leaving the kids in the care of strangers. In the case of two sisters being married to the same man, there will be a biological affinity encouraging them to love the other wife's children all the more as her own family.

You are a very interesting character [Image: biggrin.gif]

The final paragraph of SCOTUS's ruling over homosexual marriage gives plenty of room to many interpretations of marriage, being poligyny just one of them. I agree with your points. Women don't care sharing a man, having many hands at home will make easier the domestic chores (already very easy in the West with so many appliances in the market). One of the wives can be a career woman helping to provide to the family; and women can schedule the order in which they are going to have sex with their shared husband. Yeap, it's a go.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

If any of you guys allowed your daughter to date me , I would seriously question whether or not you're mentally retarded.

Guys, keep your daughters away from me. They deserve better. Much better.

I'm the King of Beijing!

RaymondKertezc I don't think you've thought this all the way through

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Only if the first wife retains seniority and the others are of concubine status. Then things will be in order.

It sounds like Ray here wants his blood to ride the RVF carousel.

When Raymond first started posting threads, I immediately assumed that he had been created by Roosh as an elaborate April Fools prank. As time past, I relinquished the theory due to its absurdity.

I think it's time to revisit the possibility.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Depends, if an RVF were serious about starting a family and I had a willing daughter, that could be a considerable proposition because the last thing I would want is for my future daughter to marry some weakling who believes all this MSM bullshit.

I used to think those stern, serious fathers were dickheads, but I just see it for what it is right now.

I'd rather put her in the care of a strong man with similar values. that said, I don't trust you guys to not pump and dump my daughter and make me look like a total fool (suits).

But if there were an RVFer or close friend who were really solid and serious about living a next level life, why not?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I mean I'll take two of your sisters if you're offering..........

*Warning not responsible for any molly use, crying phone calls home that I'm not back by 7 AM, pink dyed hair, tattoos with my name on them, or any other assorted social/habitual/psychological maladies that may result*

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (06-15-2016 08:42 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I'd rather put her in the care of a strong man with similar values. that said, I don't trust you guys to not pump and dump my daughter and make me look like a total fool (suits).

I'm pissed that you didn't capitalize my name.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (06-15-2016 07:43 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Guys, keep your daughters away from me. They deserve better. Much better.

Suits, will be the first name on the RVfourm list of men never to be left alone with any member's daughter/sister/cousin/aunt/mother in an empty room. We have been forewarn.

Quote: (06-15-2016 08:47 PM)Suits Wrote:  

That's because you're a lower case kind of guy, suits.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (06-15-2016 10:52 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2016 08:47 PM)Suits Wrote:  

That's because you're a lower case kind of guy, suits.

Thersites gets a rep point for using an uppercase 's.'

I'm the King of Beijing!

Let's get this thread back on track.

If polygamy and polygyny are back on the table then I am willing to take on an as yet indeterminate number of female burdens.

Said burdens will be assigned an LTR value from one to ten. Dowry payable to myself will be equal to (ten minus the LTR value) x 10,000 Australian dollareedoos. This is downright charitable of me but I feel a certain brotherhood for you yobs. That said, this is a limited time offer because these prices can't last forever.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Guys are missing the most important thing here:

For polygyny to work you need to have enough money to support more than one wife and double the number of children.

Serious polygyny is a high roller's game.

Quote:Quote:

It's been encouraged in a recent thread that RVF members marry within the tribe.

[Image: 6209cb747111e90597e3de71c05cc2009569cbfe...e09ad2.jpg]

Sounds like a great way to fracture and destroy this community. Polygyny is inherently unstable and leaves most men stuck with nothing, providing them with very strong motivation to either:

A) fight the luckier members of society
B) spread out and start their own society
C) give up and turn into sexually frustrated omegas

If you've ever been wondering how it's possible for certain Islamic societies to simultaneously be both so aggressive and so limp and lifeless, polygyny is your answer. It combines a pervasive life-draining force and incompetence with violence and a constant need for expansion. At least matriarchal societies like Mosuo are quietly degenerate instead of requiring world conquest just to continue existing.

I appreciate food-for-thought discussions but really Raymond, this is just a horrible idea.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (06-16-2016 05:35 AM)Mercenary Wrote:  

Guys are missing the most important thing here:

For polygyny to work you need to have enough money to support more than one wife and double the number of children.

Serious polygyny is a high roller's game.

Nah, Brah! You have one third of the wives looking after the kids and the other two thirds working.

Or you could go hard and take a lesson from the islamists in London, Bruv. Just pop 'em out as quick as you like and each of 'em draws a tidy profit from the welfare mob.

Easy money. [Image: banana.gif]

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (06-16-2016 07:59 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Sounds like a great way to fracture and destroy this community. Polygyny is inherently unstable and leaves most men stuck with nothing, providing them with very strong motivation to either:

A) fight the luckier members of society
B) spread out and start their own society
C) give up and turn into sexually frustrated omegas

If you've ever been wondering how it's possible for certain Islamic societies to simultaneously be both so aggressive and so limp and lifeless, polygyny is your answer. It combines a pervasive life-draining force and incompetence with violence and a constant need for expansion. At least matriarchal societies like Mosuo are quietly degenerate instead of requiring world conquest just to continue existing.

I appreciate food-for-thought discussions but really Raymond, this is just a horrible idea.

I must say I agree.
While the concept is interesting in principle and there are solid arguments in favour of it, the problem is that polygyny produces much more jealousy and far less cooperation among men.
If you look at societies both historically and at present day, those that are polygynous are usually worse off than those that are monogamous. I'm thinking now about both Muslim and African societies.

Monagamy didn't arise out of nowhere. After many civil wars, and much trial and error it probably was decided among men in Europe and Far East Asia thousands of years ago, that monagamy produced the most stable and prosperous societies.

This is why maintaining mistresses is (and was) generally tolerated but must always remain "officially" secret.

What of East Asian countries like Japan and China where polygyny were legal before Western influence kicked in? China used to be an unrivaled power with great wealth, military an culture, like in the Tang Dynasty.
Not arguing for polygyny, just taking more data into consideration.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that they were both essentially warring states for the most part.

The RVF turning into a polygynous tribe isn't a terrible idea, but I could see a lot of thirsty dudes trying to get in seeing it (correctly) as a font of basically free top shelf pussy. They'd just have to drop the right memes and buzzwords to get in. We'd have to have some kind of pretty extreme hazing ritual to ensure the guys getting into the tribe are of the right caliber.

Polygyny is associated with tropical environments where resources are plentiful. And in these environments, men hardly do any work, while women do all the work.

Consequently, polygyny is NOT compatible with the self-improvement, civilization-protecting message that RVF is most proud to hold and promote.