rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any opionion on Ivan Throne (aka DarkTriadMan)

Not putting any links here, people can google the guy. Popped up in my Twitter feed. I've read some articles and listened to the interview he did. At first glance, pretty solid, however it looks like the "image" he presents is very artificially constructed. Which might be due him being a self confessed psychopath.
Any insights, anyone ever met him or got the free ebook?

I've got the free book and it has valuable advice. The advice presented on that book is about using your natural instincts to succeed in a tough environment. It's not your typical self-help book.

In his website you can find reviews from Thisistrouble.com and other third party sources.

Even Ivan Throne has an account here. His username is Dark Triad Man.

Quote: (05-28-2016 10:19 AM)DrCotard Wrote:  

I've got the free book and it has valuable advice. The advice presented on that book is about using your natural instincts to succeed in a tough environment. It's not your typical self-help book.

In his website you can find reviews from Thisistrouble.com and other third party sources.

Just to confirm, Dark Triad Man is indeed my username here.

I appreciate the back and forth. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Regards,

Ivan

Quote: (05-29-2016 10:53 AM)Dark Triad Man Wrote:  

Just to confirm, Dark Triad Man is indeed my username here.

I appreciate the back and forth. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Regards,

Ivan

You ever met the guy? What's he like?

Quote: (05-28-2016 08:30 AM)not-a-pua Wrote:  

Any insights, anyone ever met him or got the free ebook?

G

This thread has reminded me I need to put the link to his site on mine.
I do like and appreciate his work and how he points out the práctical application of methods that have been morally vilified so as to facilitate the inception of a passive populace is worthy of reflection.

@Dark triad man:
My uttermost respect

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Quote: (05-30-2016 12:34 AM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

This thread has reminded me I need to put the link to his site on mine.
I do like and appreciate his work and how he points out the práctical application of methods that have been morally vilified so as to facilitate the inception of a passive populace is worthy of reflection.

@Dark triad man:
My uttermost respect

Thank you, that is a gracious compliment.

You make an accurate connection to a purpose within the work I do: bringing men to awareness of the difference between utility and morality.

When utility is subjugated to morality, false morality enslaves.

I want my brothers unshackled and ferocious. The times demand it.

Regards,

Ivan

Congratulations on the new book "The Nine Laws" Ivan. Who wrote the forward? Can we get a preview chapter or other type of sneak peek at the content? Looking forward to getting the book.

Uzi

I first came across Dark Triad Man just a few weeks ago in the Free Speech Isn't Free review thread. There he has posted a comprehensive and glowing review of Free Speech Isn't Free which he also posted on his own blog, which naturally led me there to check it out.
There is a lot of RP wisdom to be found on it, particularly this post on the 8 Incarnations of the Female, which I found myself reflecting on for quite a few days after.
His tone may come across a bit like a "Give-me-your-money-and I'll-show-you-the-way" type self help guru, but there is a wealth of good information there for the taking.
First impression = Valuable member.

Quote: (01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  
I stand by my analysis.

Quote: (07-04-2016 09:12 PM)Uzisuicide Wrote:  

Congratulations on the new book "The Nine Laws" Ivan. Who wrote the forward? Can we get a preview chapter or other type of sneak peek at the content? Looking forward to getting the book.

Uzi

Uzi,

The foreword is still up in the air. There is a tentative one, but the author specifically asked me to leave it open for the publisher to decide. Similarly with excerpts - I am on their timeline and process now.

However, you can see some snippets on the official feed: @TheNineLaws

I am indeed looking forward to delivering it to everyone. And many thanks for the congratulations - much appreciated.

Regards,

Ivan

Quote: (07-05-2016 03:39 AM)Tex Cruise Wrote:  

I first came across Dark Triad Man just a few weeks ago in the Free Speech Isn't Free review thread. There he has posted a comprehensive and glowing review of Free Speech Isn't Free which he also posted on his own blog, which naturally led me there to check it out.
There is a lot of RP wisdom to be found on it, particularly this post on the 8 Incarnations of the Female, which I found myself reflecting on for quite a few days after.
His tone may come across a bit like a "Give-me-your-money-and I'll-show-you-the-way" type self help guru, but there is a wealth of good information there for the taking.
First impression = Valuable member.

Tex Cruise,

Thank you. I am glad that the article resonated with you.

I did get a certain amount of flak for that one from the expected horde of outraged harridans. Great fun.

Regards,

Ivan

I've been following this guy on Twitter for awhile. I have not read his books. Regardless, he seems legit.

I like the way it is written. Very Daoish. Like reading the Tae te Ching or the I Ching. Or at least the article in the above link was written in this way. I would probably enjoy it if most of his writing was written in this vein. I like the copies of the Tao te Ching that say "The enlightened man does this" or "The superior man chooses this path", etc.
Well done, DTM. Keep it up.

Quote: (07-05-2016 10:10 AM)AboveAverageJoe Wrote:  

I like the way it is written. Very Daoish. Like reading the Tae te Ching or the I Ching. Or at least the article in the above link was written in this way. I would probably enjoy it if most of his writing. I like the copies of the Tao te Ching that say "The enlightened man does this" or "The superior man chooses this path", etc.
Well done, DTM. Keep it up.

AboveAverageJoe,

Thank you for the kind words.

Regards,

Ivan

For those who have asked about meeting me, here's someone who has:

Ivan Throne and Sam Botta in discussion

Sam Botta's an amazing man. Absolutely inspiring. I do recommend his work.

@sambotta

And compelling. It is rare to find a man you can hold an intense discussion with for ten hours and not run out of content or interest.

Vital experience.

Regards,

Ivan

Dark Triad Man-

What exactly is the "Dark World", and how does it differ from the normal world?

Quote: (05-28-2016 10:19 AM)DrCotard Wrote:  

You should always trust your natural instincts. Every time I have rationalised a decision away from where my instincts lay, I regretted it. The power of the subconscious.

Quote: (07-05-2016 03:12 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

Dark Triad Man-

What exactly is the "Dark World", and how does it differ from the normal world?

This is a good question, and there are two overlapping answers. I'll summarize how I use the term, briefly:

First, it is a dark world in the sense that it is a pitiless, Darwinian place. Predation, invasion, collapse and overthrow are inherent and irreducible qualities of it; we can enumerate infinitely, but it boils down to "this is essentially a pretty hard, cruel place most of the time".

Second, it is a dark world from the standpoint of its finite nature. It has a beginning and an end, and all things within it move inexorably towards entropy, decay and death. It is a dark world because it is mortal; we can certainly forestall many things, but in the end "we're all dead, and even the stars wink out eventually."

You can (and should) tumble and turn these things.

The Nine Laws will be covering this in rather significant depth, including how the Dark Triad Man works within this dark world as a feature of the landscape, and how the delivery of fate is in fact consciously and deliberately detonated.

It is in that deliberate steering of outcomes, that a man finds satisfying fulfillment and joy in living.

Regards,

Ivan

"How the delivery of fate is in fact consciously and deliberately detonated."

How the what is what?

Quote: (07-10-2016 11:09 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

"How the delivery of fate is in fact consciously and deliberately detonated."

How the what is what?

Making things happen on purpose. Actually taking fate into your hands and consciously steering it, rather than reacting to it.

Thought, word and deed are aligned. They are focused into vision, planning and competence. Most people stop there, and it is indeed good enough for most people. The Dark Triad Man takes it a step further with narcissism, Machiavellianism and psychopathy. He thereby has hold of the steering wheel, the accelerator and sees the curves ahead.

By that weaponization of the human being is generated the ability to direct the outcome of consequence, karma and justice itself.

No Way is flawless in execution. But these are the basics.

The Nine Laws covers this in very robust detail, including more than threescore training exercises designed to crack open the concepts, their execution and communicate clearly how to employ them. This is important.

I want my brothers equipped, and strong, and connected. There are bad times ahead.

Regards,

Ivan

Quote:Quote:

You ever met the guy? What's he like?

You can get a feel for me in the interview posted this morning at Troublesome Radio:

[Image: Dark-Triad-Man_Troublesome-Radio_Part-Tw....jpg?w=663]

Regards,

Ivan

Seems interesting, but I'm a bit skeptical of self-proclaimed Dark triad Alpha Machiavellian narcissit Psychopaths. We have a bad track record with those.

thread-42481.html
thread-54253.html

Still, I'll definetely be checking out The Nine Laws, and I'll post a review if you open a review thread for it.

Quote: (07-11-2016 02:03 PM)Killer Joe Wrote:  

Seems interesting, but I'm a bit skeptical of self-proclaimed Dark triad Alpha Machiavellian narcissit Psychopaths. We have a bad track record with those.

thread-42481.html
thread-54253.html

I've seen that.

Applications of dark triad to dating scenarios is typically rather silly; the PUA equivalent of saying "I'm Batman". Troublesome Radio and I discussed that in the first interview a couple of months ago.

Quote:Quote:

Still, I'll definetely be checking out The Nine Laws, and I'll post a review if you open a review thread for it.

Many thanks, I appreciate that. I'll have to check in on the correct protocol for posting a review thread. (I appreciate this forum as a place to read and share, not as a marketing pit.)

And that said, once the publisher and I have cleared some more steps, I will be asking some folks to review the manuscript ahead of publication. Roosh is definitely one of them, if he is inclined to do it that honor.

Regards,

Ivan

All,

Very proud to announce this today:

[Image: Dark-Triad-Man_The-Nine-Laws-Vox-Day-Announcement.jpg]

Announcement Link

Much respect to all.

Regards,

Ivan

Ivan, I enjoyed your level III post on revenge and vengeance and how the two are different. You've indicated that revenge is tawdry, stupid and a foolish attempt to punish the dark world. While vengeance is aligned with karma because it's impersonal, accurate and seemingly guided by a higher force.

I get the impression that you are somehow indicating that God doles out vengeance?
Do you believe in God? If so do you believe he is responsible for karma?

Regards, Uzi

Quote: (07-29-2016 03:51 PM)Uzisuicide Wrote:  

Ivan, I enjoyed your level III post on revenge and vengeance and how the two are different. You've indicated that revenge is tawdry, stupid and a foolish attempt to punish the dark world. While vengeance is aligned with karma because it's impersonal, accurate and seemingly guided by a higher force.

I get the impression that you are somehow indicating that God doles out vengeance?
Do you believe in God? If so do you believe he is responsible for karma?

Regards, Uzi

Uzisuicide,

Good question. It's a difficult answer to get across.

Think of it this way:

Human beings are the conduit and aperture of fate in the dark world. We are a pipe, each of us, that focuses and directs the flow of destiny.

Thought, word and deed all resonate in the world and have consequence. Aligned, they have very powerful consequences. This is awareness in the present.

As you condense your thought, word and deed into focused channels, you are using vision, planning and competence. These things extend ahead into the future, and shape that consequence into karma.

Most people stop here.

They don't go any further. They think of something, they say they are going to do it, and they get started. They may focus their thinking into a concrete vision, and their spoken intention takes actual shape of plans - and their deeds are competent, have traction.

But after that, most people roll the dice.

This where the Dark Triad Man is separated from the rest. He takes this vision, planning and competence a step further, and hardens them into controls.

Vision becomes narcissism, the glittering belief in the self as the great champion before victory in the ring is real.

Planning becomes Machiavellianism, the utterly detached and seamlessly woven mastery of plans and motivations, harnessing other men to do the work of establishing that vision into reality.

Competence becomes psychopathy, the unbounded and the unfettered, unstoppable in pursuit of outcome.

At this point, you have a weaponized human being.

To the extent that thought, word and deed are aligned; as vision, planning and competence are focused; and the honing of the self into a weaponized human being through narcissism, Machiavellianism and psychopathy is effected - great power to steer the impact of fate itself is achieved.

And here is where the concept of Heaven and/or God is brought into play.

What is this Way of Heaven? It is that which is utterly true, completely sincere, without shade of falsity.

Where that is correct, one has the ability to match the momentum of consequence, karma and be the vehicle for the delivery of fate. For at this point it is not your will that is done, but that of the universe itself.

Call it God, call it Heaven, call it Providence - same thing.

Do I believe in God? I think the question is one I will ask until I exit this life.

How do you embody sincere truth, the perfect delivery of pure consequence, karma and fate? Isn't that called justice?

It is difficult, and we are troubled, flawed, stuttering and shuddering animals.

Therefore our delivery is laced through with illusion.

It's hard work. But with training, you find the Way.

The Nine Laws are the rails of momentum that your locomotive of spirit roars most accurately down.

This, really, is why I wrote the book. And what I wish to teach: the operating system for this process, this way of achievement.

Regards,

Ivan