rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Q and A with a psychopath

While reading the book "The Wisdom of Psychopaths" by Kevin Dutton (great read btw), a lot of the stuff, which he described, seemed familiar to me. I could pretty much identify with most of the characteristics, which where supposed to indicate psychopathy.
Out of curiosity, I engaged in some amateur online self tests to measure my level of psychopathy. I came out pretty strong in these tests, so I decided to consult a psychiatrist to ease my mind, that I am not going insane or anything.

During the 15 sessions I've had, he asked me about my genuine opinions on every topic you could imagine. He wanted to know about every girl I've been with, my relationship with my parents and my views on life and moral values. He often wanted me to imagine to be in a specific situation and how I would react (mainly moral questions.)

For example:
"Imagine you are player 1 and another person is player 2. Player 2 is handed 500 bucks by the "game master". Each of the players get to make 1 decision. Player 2 decides, how he would like to have the money spared between you guys. It is completely up to him. You (player 1) get to decide whether you are accepting his offer or not. If you accept, the money will be divided, on his terms. If you refuse, because you think it's unfair, nobody will get any of the money. Imagine player 2 wants to keep 450$ and would like to let you have 50$, would you accept this offer?."

My answer: "Yes, I would accept any offer of him." (Psychopaths don't take anything personal. For me it's only about the money, I see no point in ratting him out, since then I wont receive any money.)

After 7 sessions he suggested, that I could do an EEG Test, which basically measures ones brain waves. While my head was linked to the computer, he showed me numerous pictures, videos and noices over a big screen and headphones. The whole test took us about 45 minutes and then he turned to me and showed me the results on his computer.
[Image: qn0khYB.png]

He pointed out several areas, were I received neutral or pleasent pictures/videos/noices. (Horses, Flowers, Blue Sky, Birds Singing, and so on.) Then he showed me how my brain reacted to pictures of amputations, guns, blood and gore content.

Most of the stuff he explained to me, I had already read in the book, so I wasn't exactly dubious about what it meant for me.

While normal people's brain waves freak out, when confronted with alarming, dangerous or unpleasent impressions, mine remained neutral and undisturbed.

"In fact, your brainwaves even got more relaxed and continuous, like in a meditative state.", he explained to me.

"So, what does this mean for me? Am I going crazy, because I feel pretty normal, like always.", I wanted to know.

He replied: "Since you told me, that you have never aggression problems or commited any crime, I think that you are a "functional psychopath."

All night, I read up on the topic of good/successful/functional psychopaths and took in everything I could find on the internet. Over night, my uncertain and clueless mind turned into pride and even more narcissism, lol. I think this emotional disfunction has only advantages for me. I didn't tell anyone so far and don't plan on doing that in the future. Most people wouldn't recieve it very well, I guess.

However, I figured I could share my insights and experiences with the forum on how it is like to be a psychopath, since I thought it could interest some of you.

I will answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Cheers,

Sudo

This user has commited suicide

With that type of brain you could do very well in business and politics or the millitary (provided you are of sufficient intelligence which is likely as it is the dumb Psychos that resort to crime and violence),
but knowing you are a psychopath I could not trust you.

I would not be happy to work with you or do business with or know as a friend. If this is true, don't tell anyone the results.

@Guitarman
Thank you for the comprehensive advice. Concerning your trust issues: For me, a good friendship is a benefitial one. When Both friends can learn from another and grow with each other, it's benefitial. This is the Kind of friendship which I am interested in. It would not make any sense to me to betray or act against such a friend. I will be helping out such a friend any time, for I know, that he will eventually return the favor. However, I do not feel obliged to all those "friends" who are loser friends, form my childhood days. There is no reason for me to cursh/manipulate/betray them, since I do not gain any pleasure out of Things like that. I would do it, if I would get something out of it, which would be worth the potential revenge/Trouble.

What, Psychopathy isn't total gibberish ?

@Orion
I'm afraid not. However, it's not a field which is 100% conquered by psychologists. They still argue, whether the causes are genetic, developed, or both.
From what I've learned so far, psychopathy isn't to be seen as a "light Switch"(Either you are or you are not a Psychopath), but rather like a volume knob (the borders are fluid and People can be a psychpath to a certain extend.)

I personally find any short of label like this rather dubious.

How is that functional psychopathy?

Maybe that "meditative" state you enter when you see horrible pictures is mental strength to be able to handle dangerous situations well. Whereas most people freak out and panic (leading to their death) you would assess the situation and make a decision that would lead to a positive outcome for yourself.

I call that being mentally strong.

Not to mention there's the bias of being aware you're in a test and responding accordingly.

What annoys me greatly about psychology is that they assume that the "average" is normal and deviations from it are not. They fail to take into account the various strengths and disadvantages of being "normal". Like above, being a functional psychopath when remaining calm in dangerous situations? How about an emergency services worker or soldier that is able to operate very well under pressure.

When some nitwit sees a hyperactive young boy, I see a future player, go-getter, and trail blazer. Lets treat him with cocaine line substances. Unrelated note, it's no wonder that the world's power brokers enjoy cocaine. It probably makes that ADHD mind perform fifty times more effectively.

When I see a well behaved calm little girl/boy, I see another future cubicle drone. To them this is normal.

As you can see, I have a negative opinion of this branch of science.

Sarcasm, trust issues.

I don 't need to give you comprehensive advice that is what the psychiatrist is for. Your reasonable sounding words about conditional friendship that benefits yourself above could just be examples of the following:- • glib and superficial charm and • pathological lying • cunning and manipulativeness.

But since you are asking for questions; I have one for you - how many characteristics of Hare's list do you feel apply to you?

Dr Hare's Psychopathy list.
• glib and superficial charm
• grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
• need for stimulation
• pathological lying
• cunning and manipulativeness
• lack of remorse or guilt
• shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
• callousness and lack of empathy
• parasitic lifestyle
• poor behavioral controls
• sexual promiscuity
• early behavior problems
• lack of realistic long-term goals
• impulsivity
• irresponsibility
• failure to accept responsibility for own actions
• many short-term marital relationships
• juvenile delinquency
• revocation of conditional release
• criminal versatility

Considering you are "reaching out " to other members of the forum in Germany for meet ups and talking about the "mutual benefits of friendship" I would have even more serious doubts if I could trust you,

I have met, identified and dealt with Psychopaths in the past.

" There is no reason for me to cursh/manipulate/betray them, since I do not gain any pleasure out of Things like that. I would do it, if I would get something out of it, which would be worth the potential revenge/Trouble."

You're a nice guy!

Quote: (03-05-2016 06:41 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

I personally find any short of label like this rather dubious.

How is that functional psychopathy?

I am told, that "functional psychopaths" basically tend to blend with Society. It is hard to make them out, since they don't do any stupid shit. Basically, the functional ones aren't really sadistic and have a better Impulse Control. They reflect their Motives and weigh all the possible Outcomes.
The "destructive psychopaths" dinstinguish themselves by commiting crimes from Young age. It's hard for them to surpress their immediate Impulses and they Chose instant gratification over Long-term Goals.

@Guitarman

I think These apply to me:
• glib and superficial charm
• grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
• need for stimulation
• cunning and manipulativeness
• lack of remorse or guilt
• shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
• callousness and lack of empathy
• sexual promiscuity
• many short-term marital relationships

Cheers

"look at me, look, I am such a special badass snowflake, looook, guuuuys! Pay attention, validate me, pleeeease", said no true psychopath ever.

You know, I'm not a psychologist, but to me it sounds like you're a narcissist more than anything. The only thing psychopathic about you is that you seem to desire to be (perceived as?) a psychopath. The only thing worse than psychopath is an aspiring one.

I'm watching House of Cards right now, and whenever I binge watch a show, I always find myself think "Man, I should be a politician, it would be so cool to be cutting deals in back rooms and stabbing backs", then the show ends and I resume my normal life with the goals that I have, not the ones that a television show told me I should aspire to have. So you read a book about how psychopaths are awesome. You take an online quiz, where I would bet you didn't actually choose answers that really describe yourself, but answers that describe what you aspire to be. Then, with external validation of your self-prescribed psychopathy, you go to a psychologist who identified (what I would describe as) common traits of narcissism in you. He also recognized that you weren't in there looking to cure yourself of psychopathy, but to bathe in it's dark power and harvest it's energy so that one day you can be a hedonist like those people you see on television.

So congratulations man, you're a PSYCHOPATH, and as you well know, all the bitches love psychopaths. Just make sure you don't overwhelm them with your almighty alphaness and dark triad super powers.

Q & A with a psychopath ..

Dude are you kidding me, get outa here.

Equivalent of a chick showing her tits on Insta for likes.

Next.

Psychiatrist probably misdiagnosed you. You went in seeking psychopathy, so that's what you got but the reality is probably closer to Aspergers. Your writing looks like that of a robot. I have no reasonable belief that you are actually a psychopath. Probably thought you were not like 'normal' people and wanted some kind of answer for it.

Sudo, that's only 9 out of 20 criteria. Assuming each one gets a 2 that's 18 points.

To be classified a Psychopath you need 30 points.

You're on the spectrum but not a psychopath.
More likely you have some Narcissistic tendencies.

http://www.minddisorders.com/Flu-Inv/Har...klist.html

No special snowflake though. You are not Hannibal Lechter.

Psychopath Wannabe troll perhaps.

If you're asking yourself these questions you aren't a psychopath.

A true psychopath wouldn't care if he was one nor spend money on a shrink to find out. Quit succumbing to navel gazing.

These are examples of psychopaths:

thread-42403...80507.html
thread-43597.html

The first one obviously is a faker. The second one was very successful in what he was doing. Neither care that their psychopaths nor sought out treatment.

According to all mainstream psychology, mentally sane person is only the one who:

- Shows immediate interest and success in elementary school.
- Is passive and submissive
- Has a deep desire to specialize in one field, get employment
- Has a need to be admired by a bunch of nobodies
- Has a need to financially support a woman

Even the so called alternative psychology shows the same pattern - It claims it want's to motivate you to a path of self-actualization, but it turns out o be same old - If you don't desire success, popularity, affirmation from masses, approval for your romantic or business successes - then, you have some kind of disorder. Your own peace of mind was never relevant for it, only how it mirrors in society.

According to all psychology, Buddhist monks are mentally ill.

Remember guys, he's German. Of course he writes like a robot! He's reaching out to other members because Germans love cannibalism. He literally wants to eat the RVF membership!

Q and A with an Attack Helicopter. Anyone wanna have a go?

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

May I be the first to suggest that this thread isn't going in the direction the OP was hoping for.

I stand by my analysis.

The first rule of being a psychopath: don't tell anyone you're a psychopath.

Quite the epic failure here.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

What age are you?

If you think you might be a psychopath, change yourself as an act of will. First of all, develop your sense of values. Be the kind of person who is trustworthy based on your own sense of honor and integrity. Develop the other classical virtues as well.

Secondly, examine your ability to bond with other humans. Most people don't need a rational analysis of the meaning of honor and virtue to know how to relate to their family and tribe. It's wired into us emotionally. Get in touch with this part of your self. Some people have low Emotional Intelligence (EQ), but you can learn to get better in this area.

A psychopath is a broken person. Don't just apply this label to yourself. Most likely you have a few traits on this spectrum, but you can choose to grow in a positive direction. Almost nobody is rock solid mentally. The first step is to choose the right path, then follow it. This is no different than choosing the red pill instead of the blue one.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote: (03-05-2016 09:19 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Was it hard to fit in at school when you couldn't stop thinking about air-to-air missile strikes and accurate close air support for ground troops?

Quote: (03-05-2016 09:19 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Do you feel inadequate when you're standing at the urinal and another attack helicopter rocks up with 50mm cannons and you're only packing 30mm?