rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Traveling Europe Q&A

Traveling Europe Q&A

I have been in Europe for about 3 months now and will plan on being here for another month. I am 22 and if anyone has any questions about the best ways to travel, where to go, what to see, etc feel free to ask. I would also advise anyone under the age of 35 to ONLY stay in hostels. It is a great way to meet people and there are tons of girls and if you stay at any decent hostel they organize pub crawls within the hostel and just about everyone goes. I also saw some threads about rooming with girls and things being awkward if you fuck them or come on too strong. I wouldn't worry about this at all considering you are typically staying in a city for 1-4 days. Girls are also fairly horny (they have also been traveling for a few months like most backpackers and don't have their fuck buddies with them). I also found Eastern Europe to be the cheapest, funnest and it also had the MOST amazing women. You have to be completely socially inept or really weird to be unable to get with these women. Also if anyone is over here and wants to meet up just PM me and I can give you dates of my travels. I would also recommend backpacking Europe to anyone who has enough money to do so, it is life changing and for those of you who are scared of approaching women you can talk to as many as you want because the next day you will be gone forever so no awkwardness.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote: (07-21-2011 03:20 PM)Horizonz Wrote:  

I would also advise anyone under the age of 35 to ONLY stay in hostels. It is a great way to meet people and there are tons of girls and if you stay at any decent hostel they organize pub crawls within the hostel and just about everyone goes.

Hmm. I thought most people travel to meet locals, not other tourists.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Yeah, if I were 22, I'd do it too. Now - nah.

Traveling Europe Q&A

I'd change it to anybody under 25 to stay in a hostel. I'm 27 now and I wouldn't be caught dead in a hostel for more than 2-3 days.

Traveling Europe Q&A

I like the strong start:

"if anyone has any questions about the best ways to travel, where to go, what to see, etc feel free to ask."

Then the airball:

"I would also advise anyone under the age of 35 to ONLY stay in hostels."

And then another:

" at any decent hostel they organize pub crawls within the hostel and just about everyone goes." (Sounds about as much fun as knee surgery).

" I also found Eastern Europe to be the cheapest, funnest and it also had the MOST amazing women."

Now we are on to something.

Where did you go?

What was best?

Break it down.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Backpacking in Eastern Europe is something I've been planning on doing once I graduate college. I am studying Russian so the language barrier should not be too difficult. I would like to see what your itinerary looks like because I want to see which cities you decided to go to and how long you stayed in them.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote:Quote:

I wouldn't be so sure. The majority of people I meet abroad don't seem to meet any / many locals at all. They just hang aroud with other tourists doing touristy things and going to touristy places. They seem amazed when I tell them I spent a week shacked up with a local chick or have befriended a bunch of locals and been getting driven all over town / partying with them.

Traveling Europe Q&A

I could understand staying a few days in a hostel to begin with in a city, in order to meet some people. But if I can afford a hotel I don't see any point in staying in any type of shared accommodation. I would be paranoid storing my suit or Omega Seamaster in a hostel.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote: (07-22-2011 03:39 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

I wouldn't be so sure. The majority of people I meet abroad don't seem to meet any / many locals at all. They just hang aroud with other tourists doing touristy things and going to touristy places. They seem amazed when I tell them I spent a week shacked up with a local chick or have befriended a bunch of locals and been getting driven all over town / partying with them.

It's because most people are pussies...

This is exactly why I don't enjoy hostels anymore. It's the same people you meet back home, doing the same shit you do back home, going to the same bars they go to back home, drinking the same shitty beer they drink back home, dancing to the same music they dance to back home. No thanks. If I wanted to do that... well, I'd stay home.

Give me a nice apartment in the middle of town and a week to build a little local social circle, and I'm set.

Traveling Europe Q&A

I do stay in hostels, all the time and every time. I like them. Good sociable vibe, easy to meet people, someone always up for doing something and guaranteed a party but I make sure I break away from that crowd at some point. Other gringos begin to get on my nerves after a while, just can't be bothered with them.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote: (07-22-2011 12:10 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I like the strong start:

"if anyone has any questions about the best ways to travel, where to go, what to see, etc feel free to ask."

Then the airball:

"I would also advise anyone under the age of 35 to ONLY stay in hostels."

And then another:

" at any decent hostel they organize pub crawls within the hostel and just about everyone goes." (Sounds about as much fun as knee surgery).

" I also found Eastern Europe to be the cheapest, funnest and it also had the MOST amazing women."

Now we are on to something.

Where did you go?

What was best?

Break it down.

I was more giving some tips, but here are the answers you requested.

Best Cities
Paris Contrary to what most people say the Parisians are actually really friendly people. However attempting any french with a Parisian will definitely ensure a better relationship. The locals just want to hear you attempt the language even it is as simple as "Bonjour (Hello) or "Je Prend (Ill have...)." The girls here are also gorgeous and there are endless things to do at night. On the Champ des Elysses there are plenty of posh, chic clubs that are actually reasonably priced, unlike everything else here. Also if you are into high end fashion there are big name designer shows you can actually get tickets to. You can also head down to the St. Michel area where everyone just grabs a few bottles of wine and drinks by the river (great place to meet groups of girls). The food here is also amazing, but it doesnt always come cheap. However, compared to the rest of Europe I wouldnt say Paris prices are significantly higher unlike London or any city in Switzerland.

Prague Dirt cheap, you can live like a real king here if you are willing to just drop a little cash. Bottle service at a lot of clubs is around 65 euros for 1L. It should also be noted that tipping the bartender goes a long way (if you tip the bartender will typically throw a few drinks your way for just 5 euros (125 krones). If you like pubs there are plenty serving beer for just under 1 euro, so its easy to get drunk. There are also these huge pub crawls that cost around 15 euro and you go to 3 pubs and then a 5 story night club. You get way more than your moneys worth here. Tons of historic sights if you like that, apparently the city used to be underground so you can take a tour of the old prague. Also super easy to get weed, its like Amsterdam here. Just ask reception and they will point you in the right direction.

Vienna They have a club here called Flex which boasts the largest sound system in Eastern Europe. It is fucking amazing and the Austrian women are absolutely gorgeous and extremely outgoing. I went out 4 nights in Vienna and 3/4 me and 2 friends from the hostel all got pussy. Pretty city, lots to see (Mozarts House, Chateaus, etc)

Zermatt The absolute best hiking in Europe. I love to hike, rock climb and if you enjoy it this is the place to be. I would hike up to the Matterhorn base camp and the views and countryside are absolutely amazing. The people at hostels here are extremely outgoing and you will almost always meet others that want to tag along for a long hike. I met the most beautiful girl here and we decided to take part in a long 8 hour hike and it was just fantastic and we even ended up traveling together for a few days after. Really interesting people here, would say the people here are the best.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Top 3 cities with the most beautiful women in good numbers?

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote: (07-24-2011 01:59 PM)1bliss Wrote:  

Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia. If you don't want to go to the Baltics I would say Paris, Prague and Berlin.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Kiev, Odessa and st. Petersburg kill Paris and berlin when it comes to hot girls. Prague is closer but still doesn't compare. I was fond of the girls in Budapest as well.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote: (07-25-2011 05:32 PM)Horizonz Wrote:  

Quote: (07-24-2011 01:59 PM)1bliss Wrote:  

Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia.

Well, those ain't cities.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Ya don't really like german girls tbh.

I'm guessing you're talking about Tallin when you say estonia lol.

What about Milan? Barcelona? How's Paris (i hear a lottt of mixed opinions on it)

Traveling Europe Q&A

I was underwhelmed by Paris girls... although they do dress very well.

(Sorry if I'm kind of hijacking this thread. I just spent 4 months in Europe as well.)

Traveling Europe Q&A

You're going to be bored to death if you don't stay in hostels in Europe.

Anyone below 30 should stay in a hostel in my opinion.

Ofcourse, you should rent a private room.
There are some very luxurious hostels, with flat screen tv's, electric heating systems, comfortable beds, ...

If you arrive here in Europe, don't know anyone, stay in some 100€ hotel, you'll be bored as hell, trust me.
Chances are much bigger you won't get laid.
Tons of Asian, Latin American and others stay in hostels. Ofcourse, always pick the best hostel with the best and most mature reviews.

For the ones who say they don't even want to be caught dead in a hostel, you probably don't have enough experience travelling thru Western europe, chances are high your wallet or your right/left hand was your best sex partner here.

Hotels (not hostels) are good if you travel as a couple - or if you go to meet girls you have already been in touch with.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote: (07-26-2011 12:56 PM)Hairyballs Wrote:  

For the ones who say they don't even want to be caught dead in a hostel, you probably don't have enough experience travelling thru Western europe, chances are high your wallet or your right/left hand was your best sex partner here.

You may want to get to know the members of this forum a bit more before you start throwing around statements like this. I've been to every country in Western Europe (except Switzerland), have spent a total of 9 months in Europe in the last 3 years and got laid in most places I went (I have 20 flags).

G's experience and opinion on here is about as highly regarded as it gets, so you may want to be careful what you insinuate about him as well.

I understand the appeal of hostels -- it's easier to meet people and finding a party takes less effort. But the reward is far less as well. You're pretty much never going to run into a really attractive girl backpacking. There's a serious lack of quality in hostels. And since almost no one in these places takes time to make local connections, everyone ends up "partying" at lame tourist bars and picking up the sloppy local leftover, if anything. Having so many other foreigners around can make you complacent and you'll become less likely to develop a local social circle. You take in little culture. And you're pegged by everyone as a cheap tourist. Not to mention hostels are cramped and often dirty or poorly maintained.

Hostels = easier, lower reward.
Apartments = harder, higher reward.

If you like the low-hanging fruit and are broke, by all means, hostel it up. I did it for years. It was fun. But I don't enjoy it anymore. I've out-grown it. The fact of the matter is, if you're shooting for the top of the pyramid, then you need to have your own place and take the time to develop local connections (at least 1-2 weeks).

Traveling Europe Q&A

Anyone below 30 should stay in a hostel in my opinion.

Ofcourse, you should rent a private room.
There are some very luxurious hostels, with flat screen tv's, electric heating systems, comfortable beds, ...

If you arrive here in Europe, don't know anyone, stay in some 100€ hotel, you'll be bored as hell, trust me.
Chances are much bigger you won't get laid.
Tons of Asian, Latin American and others stay in hostels. Ofcourse, always pick the best hostel with the best and most mature reviews.

Hotels (not hostels) are good if you travel as a couple - or if you go to meet girls you have already been in touch with.

No that sounds more like it's you that have problems recruiting talent outside of your comfort zone. Sure I could go for busted backpackers at hostels, but when was the last time you met a classy, sultry hot local in that kind of environment?

Traveling Europe Q&A

If you spend most of the time in your room/hotel, then why you travel at all? You can hang out in hotel bar in your town, no need to fly anywhere.

If you spend all the time outside, and only come back to sleep (alone or not), I fail to see how would you be "bored to death".

For the ones who say they don't even want to be caught dead in a hostel, you probably don't have enough experience travelling thru Western europe

You're thinking too much about yourself.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote: (07-26-2011 04:30 PM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

You may want to get to know the members of this forum a bit more before you start throwing around statements like this. I've been to every country in Western Europe (except Switzerland), have spent a total of 9 months in Europe in the last 3 years and got laid in most places I went (I have 20 flags).

G's experience and opinion on here is about as highly regarded as it gets, so you may want to be careful what you insinuate about him as well.

I understand the appeal of hostels -- it's easier to meet people and finding a party takes less effort. But the reward is far less as well. You're pretty much never going to run into a really attractive girl backpacking. There's a serious lack of quality in hostels. And since almost no one in these places takes time to make local connections, everyone ends up "partying" at lame tourist bars and picking up the sloppy local leftover, if anything. Having so many other foreigners around can make you complacent and you'll become less likely to develop a local social circle. You take in little culture. And you're pegged by everyone as a cheap tourist. Not to mention hostels are cramped and often dirty or poorly maintained.

Hostels = easier, lower reward.
Apartments = harder, higher reward.

If you like the low-hanging fruit and are broke, by all means, hostel it up. I did it for years. It was fun. But I don't enjoy it anymore. I've out-grown it. The fact of the matter is, if you're shooting for the top of the pyramid, then you need to have your own place and take the time to develop local connections (at least 1-2 weeks).

Honestly hostels are much better if you are under 30 and I have met plenty of gorgeous girls in hostels which leads me to believe you hardly ever stayed in them. I have also stayed in hotels and if I wanted to I could stay in a 4 star hotel every night but it just isn't enjoyable. Hostels also promote all sorts of social events for a younger crowd. I don't really think people say "what a cheap backpacker" probably more like "wow that is great they are traveling the globe and gathering insight from a different perspective." You also don't have to live like a bum at a hostel. I still dine at some great restaurants and pick up bottle service at clubs. I would rather meet a lot of people from all over the world which is what I believe a hostel allows you to do.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote: (07-26-2011 07:07 PM)Horizonz Wrote:  

I have met plenty of gorgeous girls in hostels which leads me to believe you hardly ever stayed in them.

I've stayed in more than I'd like to admit and have never met a high quality girl in any of them... which leads me to believe that you don't have very high standards, or the game to successfully fly solo in foreign country.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote: (07-26-2011 08:26 PM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

Quote: (07-26-2011 07:07 PM)Horizonz Wrote:  

I have met plenty of gorgeous girls in hostels which leads me to believe you hardly ever stayed in them.

I've stayed in more than I'd like to admit and have never met a high quality girl in any of them... which leads me to believe that you don't have very high standards, or the game to successfully fly solo in foreign country.

I am not going to get in a silly argument over who has higher standards or bangs hotter girls on the Internet. But I do believe there are lots of pretty girls in hostels and I think 99% of the people would agree with me. Obviously not everyone is beautiful but I tend to see a lot of Brazilian, Swedish and Lebanese girls which I tend to find attractive. Also the flying solo argument makes no sense. I travel alone just like you but I prefer hostels being 22 and I can meet way more people in a short amount of time. Most hostels also have bars so you drink there then make some friends and head out to a swanky club.

Traveling Europe Q&A

Horizonz: I've stayed in tons of hostels, and they are usually sausage fests. Sure they are pretty girls, but are you banging them? If so, what's your game? Where do you seal the deal? Dorm or private room? What kind of numbers are you talking (i.e. how many nights in a hostel until you get one of the pretty girls you describe)?

I will say that hostel girls in Europe are ten time better than the ones in South America.