rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tariq Nasheed

Tariq Nasheed

Anyone read any of Tariq Nasheed's books (ex. "The Art of Mackin')

I've been reading him and I'm liking his philosophy a lot since it goes beyond the conventional pickup/red pill stuff and focuses on a bigger overall outlook on life, and how to apply the principles of "game" to all areas of your life, such as careers.

Tariq Nasheed

I like several of his old podcasts, which I pull out & listen to from time to time:

"Simpin' Ain't Easy"
"Interview With a Super Simp"
"Seven Signs of Simpin'"
"Extra Average Females"

I read one of his later books, which seemed to be based on a number of his podcasts. I haven't read "The Art of Mackin'," his first book, though I probably will seek it out at some point.

Nasheed and other black players offer one outstanding value to the non-black player: The Mack Mindset. I recommend all players learn about the idea of a "simp" (the opposite of a Mack), and learn to identify simpin' behavior whenever they encounter it.

Other useful concepts include Cupcakin' — excessive lovey-dovey behavior — and Trickin' — when a a man allows himself to be used financially or for material gain.

Nasheed spends much time talking about the perils of hoodrats & other specific topics of limited interest to non-black men. I've listened to most of his old Mack-related podcasts once, but the four I listed above are the ones I return to.

In his old podcasts, Nasheed can often be hilariously funny.

As of late, Nasheed has turned his attention almost entirely to pro-black politics. I have no interest whatsoever in his recent material.

Tariq Nasheed

Co-sign everything Scoundrel said.

Tariq is like the Tom Leykis for black dudes. There is a culture of the game that Tariq and a lot of black comedians share and comment on.

If you're going to learn traditional black American game
- Chester Himes
- Donald Goines
^ straight up pimps.
And

- Patrice O'Neal

There are a lot of ways to skin a cat, and traditional game focuses heavily on screening, selling the dream, and getting lots of investment from the chick.

WIA

Tariq Nasheed

Damn I'm sorry I missed this dude. I've heard about him but never caught his podcast. I'm currently listening to Simpin Ain't Easy. This is solid shit. He brings up topics that we discuss on the forum but I like the way he explains the game. To all the "moist niggas", I think its worth a listen.

"To be underestimated, is an incredible gift." Rackham

Tariq Nasheed

For the uninitiated, here is Tariq's "Simpin' Ain't Easy" podcast. The first part is him talking to callers — at 18:40, he gets into the topic of the show:

Tariq Nasheed

I'm hooked. I just listened to Simpin Ain't Easy and Interview with a Simp back to back. The Simp being interview says he sees something "special" in the stripper he's obsessed with. Tariq couldn't stop laughing at his ass. Listening to the interview, I could only think about being in the same situation before getting my shit together.

For the moist niggas out there, enjoy the fun:

Tariq Nasheed

Nasheed is a bit like Heartsite, good material in the archives from back in the day, but all his new shit is just race based junk that can be counterintuitive. There's nothing worse than getting stuck in the race obsession trap and not having fundamentals of game, life, and self perspective in place.

I hate to see young guys with no experience get stuck in the tribal warp and use that as an excuse for all of life's ills (as many of the sphere already have).

His game advise is on point though.

Tariq Nasheed

Quote: (05-09-2016 06:24 PM)Scoundrel Wrote:  

For the uninitiated, here is Tariq's "Simpin' Ain't Easy" podcast. The first part is him talking to callers — at 18:40, he gets into the topic of the show:

I've never heard this but I've heard it all before. I could predict almost every word. Straight out the barbershop.

The strength of this style game is that

It puts your head on straight

But the weakness is in it how it educates. That's not a specific knock, because most things are hard to teach.

But game is something you want to learn RIGHT NOW.

WIA

Tariq Nasheed

I couldn't find it with a search, but there was a hilarious episode where, I guess because some guys were sending him pictures of themselves to ask about their style, some dude sent Tariq a picture of himself in a thong asking for commentary.

The rant was epic. He was saying things like, "Sending me a picture in a thong? You owe me an apology! You owe the listeners an apology! And most of all, you need to apologize to THE GAME!'

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Tariq Nasheed

Thanks for mentioning this guy, OP. I just picked up the Mack Within and I'm loving it so far. I found this bit funny:

Quote:Quote:

When you get with a female, either she likes you, or she doesn't. It doesn't matter how much money you spend. If a female is really feeling you, you can take her somewhere free, and you two will still have a good vibe. You can take her to the park. You can take her to a museum. Many museums are free. If you live in a coastal area, you can take her to the beach. If she wants a red lobster, let her catch one from the ocean herself.

Tariq Nasheed

I've been listening to his older podcasts on YouTube. I like him much better in this medium than the current wanna be intellectual academic that he is definitely not.

Tariq Nasheed

I think game gurus eventually progress to politics. You can only shag a variety of lizards for so long before it becomes humdrum and one moves to other pastures. Most of these cats eventually get married or procure a long term wifey. Tariq's wife is Dominican and he is has kids. Hard to open sets weekly when you have to take the anklebiters to nursery or little baseball league. I know of no game gurus who are in their 40s. I think the mantle has to be passed accordingly as one gets on. When Michael Jordan was younger, it was pure crossovers, spin moves and facials then it progressed to fallaways and up and unders. Now it is golf strokes and extremely poorly tailored jeans. You see where I'm going with this? Game has its stages. Those lot have aged beyond it and matured into what many older folk transition into... which is politics.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Tariq Nasheed

Tariq Nasheed

Tariq's old school game advice which you can find the archive of his podcasts on youtube on the Mayback1984 channel is a goldmine of wisdom. I've read two of his books, The Mack Within, and the Elite Way, which are good if you're at the beginner or early intermediate stages of game, but not particularly useful for advanced guys. Old school Tariq is some of the purest and most straight up game you'll get, unfortunately Tariq hasn't put out much game advice in at least a year or two, he's like the opposite of Heartiste and Return of Kings, he's hardcore pro-black, but to the extreme that he's turned into a complete conspiracy theorist nut. What is it with game gurus going full bore into race politics?

Adding this on: Tariq bought the rights to the book "Black Players and Pimps", this is a very informative study into the world of black pimps during the 1970's in the SF Bay Area it was written by a professor at UC Berkeley and his wife who posed as a stripper to gain access to their world. Great insight into game principles and female psychology, old school Black American player pimp game is the OG shit, I know WIA and some of the other players on here know about the book and what I'm talking about.

Tariq Nasheed

Quote: (05-11-2016 12:56 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Old school Tariq is some of the purest and most straight up game you'll get, unfortunately Tariq hasn't put out much game advice in at least a year or two, he's like the opposite of Heartiste and Return of Kings, he's hardcore pro-black, but to the extreme that he's turned into a complete conspiracy theorist nut. What is it with game gurus going full bore into race politics?

Yeah, but who doesn't go off the rails anymore anyway? The awesome thing about the internet is that it gives you access to voices you might not have heard otherwise. The unawesome thing about the internet is that without any barrier to entry, people are free to take their thoughts wherever they want, and, let's face it, the value of a good editor, or even a real talking, constructive criticizing friend, is vastly underrated these days.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Tariq Nasheed

I like his game advice. I read The Art of Mackin and The Mack Within when I was younger, forgot about it, did game on my own for some years and revisited those books. The advice holds up really well. It is not step by step, methodical advice like a lot of other game books, but they give a solid overview.

I'm not a big fan of his political opinions though. Too far left, pro black nationalist for me.

I think it's common for game writers to move on after 3-5 years. They seem to transition to political commentator or doing something else entirely. That's understandable though since you get older and lose interest in sleeping with random women. Also, how many books could you possibly write about getting laid?

Tariq Nasheed

I've been listening to the Mack Lessons podcast consistently to kill time at work, though 95% of the stuff he talks about I'm familiar with, but every now and again he drops some absolute jewels.

Tariq Nasheed

I'm not a fan of this dude.

Tariq Nasheed

I listened to the ABC news thing and the reality is, while overall understanding basic biology of male and female interactions (anyone with sense and some intellect can do this), he has fallen prey to particular black paranoia which sees everything as race-based. If not for the internet, I would excuse him for this, because there aren't that many voices in his community, regardless of why, that will point him in the right direction - or rather, the very small number are delegitimized for being "Uncle Toms". He doesn't get that the cultural marxism spread by the media is an entire movement that just happened to most obviously afflict the black community first because it was the easiest to grab hold of, and take-off as a mini experiment.

Also, if he were really honest, he'd start talking about how affirmative action has disproportionately "helped" black women even more than any other group, which ironically in the end still leaves them unfulfilled. There's so much more to be said but for many reasons, I'll just leave it alone.

I wish guys like this were open to having real conversations with those of us who just want to point them in the direction of reality, but sadly I fear emotion always trumps truth seeking and reason, and for that reason, the conversation is worthless until a major reset occurs. At that point, they'll have figured it out themselves, anyway. The hard way.

Tariq Nasheed

Quote: (11-07-2016 10:59 AM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

he has fallen prey to particular black paranoia which sees everything as race-based.

Another masterpiece

Tariq Nasheed

Aren't you white Twist?

WIA

Tariq Nasheed

If I'm "white" or if I'm "black" what is your point? I'd like to know, you usually are very well written/spoken from what I have seen. I'm hoping you aren't falling into silly, categorical thinking here.

Tariq Nasheed

Quote: (11-07-2016 02:09 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

he has fallen prey to particular black paranoia which sees everything as race-based.

Another masterpiece

Where does he get some of this stuff from?

Tariq: "Police are told to execute black people"

Interviewer: "Police on black crime"

---

What a great idea it is that the police just wake up in the morning on a mission to "execute black people".

This kind of stuff is sad because this guy has the ability, I imagine, to use his brain for better. I sit and watch this and wonder, after hearing conspiracy and complaints,

What is his solution???

I'm leaning towards the fact that he is ignorant of a great many things.

Tariq Nasheed

Quote: (11-07-2016 03:14 PM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2016 02:09 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Another masterpiece

Where does he get some of this stuff from?

Tariq: "Police are told to execute black people"

Interviewer: "Police on black crime"

---

What a great idea it is that the police just wake up in the morning on a mission to "execute black people".

This kind of stuff is sad because this guy has the ability, I imagine, to use his brain for better. I sit and watch this and wonder, after hearing conspiracy and complaints,

What is his solution???

I'm leaning towards the fact that he is ignorant of a great many things.
He has no solutions. He has resorted to making money off of black victimhood and suffering by preaching "white supremacy" for the reason behind black fuckery. He's this generation's Jesse Jackson.

And it's a damn shame too considering how his game advice was spot on, solutions-based, and for black men, more of an effective tool for their personal upliftment.

Tariq Nasheed

Quote: (11-12-2016 02:59 PM)SuS Wrote:  

And it's a damn shame too considering how his game advice was spot on, solutions-based, and for black men, more of an effective tool for their personal upliftment.

Perhaps, this is more lucrative