rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

First baby drop-off box for unwanted newborns installed in Indiana

There goes everyone's theory about small mid west cities being the last bastion of femininity.

link
Quote:Quote:

WOODBURN, Ind. (AP) — A Safe Haven Baby Box where mothers can drop off unwanted newborns anonymously with emergency help moments away is now available in northeastern Indiana.

The padded, climate-controlled container was dedicated Tuesday at the Woodburn Volunteer Fire Department about 15 miles east of Fort Wayne near the Ohio state line. It’s on an exterior wall of the fire station.

The Knights of Columbus of Indiana will pay for the first 100 baby boxes, which cost $1,500 to $2,000 each, said Monica Kelsey, a volunteer with the fire department who has been advocating for baby boxes in Indiana for several years.

A second one was dedicated Thursday in Michigan City.

The boxes are equipped with a security system that notifies emergency personnel when a baby is dropped off. Emergency responders can get to the child within minutes.

All 50 states and the District of Columbia have safe haven laws, which allow unharmed newborns to be surrendered without fear of prosecution. Indiana’s law allows mothers to drop off newborns at police stations, fire stations and hospitals.

Critics of baby boxes contend the containers make it easier to surrender a child without exploring other options and can deprive mothers of needed medical care.

Kelsey, however, said that some people want total anonymity. She spoke of a girl who called a hotline she volunteers for who wanted to know where a baby box was. The girl refused to go to a hospital or fire station to drop off the baby, but eventually, her boyfriend brought the baby to a hospital.

“This is not criminal,” Kelsey said. “This is legal. We don’t want to push women away.”

The Woodburn baby box was actually installed April 19, the anniversary of when Kelsey says her birth mother abandoned her at a hospital when she was just hours old.

State Rep. Casey Cox, R-Fort Wayne, has supported the concept of baby boxes in Indiana and has been working with lawmakers and Gov. Mike Pence’s administration on safety protocols.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-05-03-at-12.47.42-PM.png?92d00b]

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

So females can dump of babies like they're doing a deposit at a bank or dropping off the cleaners.

It's just so like omg convenient !

The fucking degeneracy.

The larger culture is full of degeneracy. No area is immune. Yes, there are a lot of immoral and amoral whores out there. That being said, the very best girls, the good ones, don't make the news. Still, this isn't a welcome development. Back in ancient times, if I woman got pregnant and gave the child up because she slept with a cad, she would be forced to join a convent. We can't do that anymore, because, sexism. Allowing women political power was the greatest shit test collective manhood has failed at.

Look at how ridiculous this is; If a man wants to opt out of paying child support, he's an evil bastard and should be thrown in jail. A woman that wants to opt out of mothering responsibilities has an opt-out. Seeing such utter evils taking place make me all the much more convinced to screen the hell out of any woman I date before LTR. We can't solve the cultural problems by walking away from them, but on an individual level, we need to be far more selective about the women we keep around.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Only a cold-hearted psychopath could carry a baby for nine months, give birth, place it in a box and walk away, never to see her child again. Most sane people wouldn't even do that with a puppy. At least by taking it into an adoption agency, she could have peace of mind that the child would be properly cared for.

I don't see what the problem is. It's not news that unintentional pregnancies happen all the time. This is just a less irresponsible alternative to abandoning your baby in a dumpster, or raising a kid you don't want.

Quote: (05-03-2016 01:13 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

So females can dump of babies like they're doing a deposit at a bank or dropping off the cleaners.

The fucking degeneracy.

True but I would rather women leave their babies in that drop-off box than a garbage bin/outside to die.

Easiest response: a small, wireless camera constantly filming the baby drop off boxes.

Quote: (05-03-2016 01:24 PM)Delta Wrote:  

I don't see what the problem is. It's not news that unintentional pregnancies happen all the time. This is just a less irresponsible alternative to abandoning your baby in a dumpster, or raising a kid you don't want.

While this is less reprehensible than dumping a baby in a garbage can, it misses the underlying premise:

The more you subsidize or encourage something, the more you get of that "something".

If women hear that they can get pregnant, dump off a baby no questions asked, they will do so in increasing numbers.

Furthermore, they will start to normalize that there is nothing sacred about being pregnant, or who you choose to get pregnant with, or why it might be important to get married instead of getting pregnant via cad flings.

In an age where female responsibility is at historic lows, we certainly don't need to be encouraging this kind of behavior.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

http://www.parentfail.com/wp-content/upl...-Fail1.jpg

Quote: (05-03-2016 01:27 PM)MiscBrah Wrote:  

The fucking degeneracy.

True but I would rather women leave their babies in that drop-off box than a garbage bin/outside to die.

And how often does that actually happen? I might be proven wrong, but I would think that it's extremely rare. This state-sanctioned abandonment of babies simply serves to cheapen human life. Adoption needs to be a formal process. We know how indecisive women are - it allows her to make an irrational on-the-spot decision that she will almost certainly regret.

There is one benefit of this.

Fewer child support demands on men.

Imagine you knocked up some slut who doesn't want to get rid of the baby because of ethical or religious reasons.

Then you hear they're installing these baby boxes all across your city.

Convincing her to give up a baby through the formal adoption process is FAR more difficult then convincing her to drop off the baby at one of these boxes.

You could be in the car with her one day when the baby is screaming away, she's stressed out and more malleable.

Indirectly you're still paying for it via tax but it's no longer a life-consuming burden.

Of course then you're screwing over everyone else in your state because they then have to pay for your baby.

Ah VasalGel can't get here soon enough.

What happens if your wife is suffering from post-natal depression, and in an act of desperation drops the child off anonymously at one of these boxes? Assuming that you are able to track the child down and want to continue to care for it yourself (after you divorce the wife) is she then liable to pay child support in the same way that men are required after they "abandon" their families?

Please tell me this is some hoax.

Professor in Bioethics Peter Singer (Princeton?) teaches that a mother of a newborn should have a “grace period” after birth of several days to decide if she wants baby or not. And after that she should be able to request an “abortion” (that how he calls infanticide). He holds that position for almost 30 years. His followers argue that it is limited to cases when a baby born with severe defects only. However he never took on opportunity to clarify his position. I guess he said exactly what he meant in that general form.

Many years ago he was invited to speak in 4 German universities, but student didn’t let him talk screaming “Nazi”. Here in US he receives standing applause every time he speaks.

I recently saw a screenshot from a janitor on 4chan saying how he, when cleaning up the ladies room, would find aborted babies several times a year. Once he described it as being potentially viable, had it not been sitting on the bathroom floor covered in shit all night.

I think these types of things are more common than we're led to believe.

Not on here much anymore. I'm either out on 2 wheels or trying to kill something.

If I return my VHS tapes in the Blockbuster drop box a day late, I'm charged a fine. Women can put their living infants in this box, and walk away with zero consequences?

What exactly do they consider a "baby"? Can a woman drop an unwanted three year-old into the box?

What about unwanted teenagers? Unwanted thirtysomethings who still live at home?

Will we soon have boxes for women to drop their no-longer-wanted husbands?

Quote: (05-03-2016 02:48 PM)Scoundrel Wrote:  

What exactly do they consider a "baby"? Can a woman drop an unwanted three year-old into the box?

What about unwanted teenagers? Unwanted thirtysomethings who still live at home?

Will we soon have boxes for women to drop their no-longer-wanted husbands?

[Image: b4ca3c8a4c4ce2774456e721887f0a40.jpg]

That's the attitude of these women.

Quote: (05-03-2016 01:24 PM)Delta Wrote:  

The problem is you will eventually pay for millions of bastards all sluts abandoned without any consequences. West is already failing under the weight of taxes and disappearance of middle class. Stuff like this will bury you alive, morally, financially and probably literally.

Quote: (05-03-2016 01:42 PM)Valentine Wrote:  

There is one benefit of this.

Fewer child support demands on men.

I bet she couldn't find the guy - if she could find the dude, she would just make him pay and control his life. This is for the women that got the wrong name and number. Hi my name is "Yossariansright." [Image: lol.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Good news is, even my hardcore hippie Bernie bro facebook friend, is shocked and turned off by this.

Tough call for we men of the manosphere

Fight Degenerate shit like this being displayed on broad daylight and at the same time fight the expanding islamic domination(one of the only surviving traditions which puts women in their right place : under the dominant guidance of men)

I've seen a lot of inhumane and vile stuff in my short life, but this baby dumpster, approved and made by the government tops it all, this is way far worse than legalized and incentived abortion

Damm, i've known poor brazillian people who would raise 5-10 children with much kindness and love, even in the worst moment of desperation they would never think about simply dropping their child on the sideway.

Sure, poor people having 5 kids is very stupid but still they have the heart and decency to take care of their own kin, mind that Brazil is the biggest catholic country in the world, and poor folks here are very religious.

But yeah, privileged american women have all the problems in the world and taking care of their own mistakes would ruin their precious lives of status grinding,attention whoring,iphone indulgence and basically doing nothing to improve the world and society we live in

The Knights of Columbus of Indiana

[Image: jordan.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (05-03-2016 01:27 PM)MiscBrah Wrote:  

The fucking degeneracy.

Sure, that does happen here true.

But we should be stopping this before it even begins.

How women go down this road and decide to drop off a baby - there has to be more options than a deposit box in a wall.

Quote: (05-03-2016 04:38 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

The Knights of Columbus of Indiana

[Image: jordan.gif]

As a Catholic, I find this so embarrassing. We are acting as enablers of those who wish to whore around. The local chapter of the Knights has been trying to get me to join. If they pull this nonsense, I'll give them an earful.

Years ago, women who were unfit to care for their own kids placed them in the care of their barren spinster relatives who wanted kids but couldn't have them. That way the kid stayed in the family.

This is what happened with John Lennon, who was left in the care of his aunt when is mother realized she preferred drinking and carousing to child-rearing.

But now women are all trained to be barren spinsters, so the government gives them drop-off boxes. In a weird way, this is the culmination of what feminism has done to our society.

In that light, this Beatles album cover takes on whole new meaning. Beatle geeks have long thought the image was a comment on the "butchered" contents of this America-only release, but maybe Lennon thought on some level it was a reflection of his life.
[Image: L1350274.jpg]