rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vancouver or Montreal for young black male?

I'm thinking of moving to either vancouver or montreal from a praire province in canada. I'm under 20, black and I run my own decently succesful Internet venture.

I'll be getting a motorcycle soon so whichever city is better for riding a motorcycle would also be a good plus.

Which city do you think I would prefer?

I have visited both, only difference being I visited one as a kid (Montreal) and another as an adult (Vancouver). I can't speak for Montreal because I have not been there since I was young, but I can say that you will probably like Vancouver. Girls there absolutely love black guys and you won't starve for female attention there. I was there for one week and was getting girlfriend proposals left and right. Plus Vancouver is very mild in the winter, and the women are beautiful.

This thread is also a great resource as well in terms of options for black guys and travel. The guys in this thread have a lot of valuable info to share.

I would think Van is better for a motorcycle. It rains a ton but at least you won't have a 6+ month winter. Probably shouldn't base your decision on that though

"The price of being a man is eternal vigilance." - Kareem-Abdul Jabar

Shouldn't of made a new thread for this

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

fewer brothers in Van >>>Move to Van

There is a 100+ page thread discussing exactly this topic:

thread-1964.html

Use the search feature next time.

Americans are dreamers too

Man I wouldn't mind getting a move to Van city myself, but the price of Real Estate is just too crazy for me! If you got the money to live nicely... I would say Vancouver. Visiting Montreal as a tourist is cool... but if you plan to live there, speaking French would definitely be recommended my friend!

Do you think the girls in vancouver or montreal are better looking?

Montreal.

Vancouver is ridiculously overpriced. It's tough to afford living in the city. So probably either you're going to end up in a undesirable part of Vancouver (such as east Vancouver or south Vancouver) or you're going to end up in the even less desirable suburbs. Also, the people are generally unfriendly and the women have high bitch shields. Black guys do well just because of the scarcity of them, but it's still not worth it.

Vancouver is not expensive. Not sure why this keeps getting parroted.

I would choose Vancouver over Montreal in a flash.

You work from home? Write off part of your rent, bills, etc. You can get a good place for under $2k easy, downtown, air tight logistics.

Summer is coming, the city is about to be flooded with insane amounts of hot women more concentrated than LA.

My black friends talk about a small minority of chicks that chase just black men. But for most people, Vancouver is a wash. Be well dressed, well spoken and fit and you will do well here, regardless of race.

The outer cities are different though, and Surrey remains the biggest city with the most response to thug types- white/black/asian/brown.

I ride too. Some of the best riding in the world right out your front door. East coast does not even register on the bikers radar when you have Alaska, Yukon, Alberta, BC, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, NorCal right here.

Vancouver is very expensive.

http://www.cknw.com/2016/01/25/new-surve...the-world/

Quote:Quote:

Vancouver comes in third place as least affordable major metropolitan market, only beaten out by Hong Kong and Sydney, Australia, according to today’s Demographia International Housing Affordability Survey

Quote: (04-16-2016 04:35 PM)Ron800 Wrote:  

Do you think the girls in vancouver or montreal are better looking?

both have good looking girls according to my roomate( all big citcies in canada have a lot of good looking girls so dont worry about that) , you should ask which one is easier

my roomate lived in both and prefer vancouver

went to Vancouver around this time last year. I haven't been to Montreal so I'll just talk about Vancouver

got a flag from a Canadian-Israeli girl that says I was only her second lay ever... after the lay I completely believe her lol.

Anyway back to the topic, Vancouver is a cool town, everyone there is crazy friendly and race was never an issue at all. Granville Street is pretty cool during the weekend, definitely hit that up. It'll have all of the good bars/a few clubs. A lot of backpackers are there too. I stayed in a hostel on Granville street (Hi Vancouver Central) and there was a backpackers bar right across the street, that I was told I could easily find an Australian girl.

I guess this is just Canadians in general but everyone was extremely friendly. I made some friends in one of the bars on Granville street, and one of the guys was the head chef. Payed for my dinner so that was really cool of him (although I'm sure he wasn't trying to pick me up, his girlfriend met him up later that night).

Drinks aren't that expensive downtown, and neither is food. I was pretty much on a bar food diet lol, and every meal was about 7-15 Canadian bucks.

There are a lot of Asian women, I never tried to game one but I'm not sure on if they're into black guys. I'm sure there are quite a bit that would be down for the experience. There is a big college in the city (UBC) you can try your luck there.

I'll definitely go back, just because everyone was so damn friendly and there's a really good atmosphere in VanCity.

quick story, I was in a bar talking to the Israeli chick, and as I'm running my game or whatever, a black dude saw me sitting there and said "ayyyyy" and pointed at his arm, then pointed back at me. The girl was dying. I was too. Shows you how many black ppl are there lol.

edit: just realized that you wanted to move there.. from what I heard real estate is expensive.. regular houses are >500k CAD, not sure if you want to buy. I heard that the Chinese go to VanCity and buy up the real estate since in China they can only own one property... BUT they have the mildest winter of any of the major Canadian cities so yeah...

Quote: (04-16-2016 07:27 PM)BlueOcean Wrote:  

Vancouver is very expensive.

http://www.cknw.com/2016/01/25/new-surve...the-world/

Quote:Quote:

Vancouver comes in third place as least affordable major metropolitan market, only beaten out by Hong Kong and Sydney, Australia, according to today’s Demographia International Housing Affordability Survey

That has nothing to do with the OP and his priorities.

If you were from Vancouver you would not be putting that survey up here.

This argument needs to be put to rest. For quality, whole ingredient, fresh food Vancouver might be one of the best values in the world. Drinks too, at the very high end places rarely top $20. The best cocktails in the city are $12-$14. Local beer is $6-$8 a pint, domestics can be had for $3-$5.

A good studio/1 bdrm in the hottest locations can be had for under $2k.

Those prices are low, in my opinion, compared to the other west coast cities.

What people are confused by is this: Vancouver is a tiny little peninsula, surrounded by ocean, mountains and rivers. It was also, until recently, severely under built. The West End was basically the only place that was dense, and the population density of there is at Mexico City levels. Everywhere else had no density.

So you have a lot of competition for detached, single family homes. All the land is used up long time ago. Most wealthy people in Canada retire here, playboys park here and of course foreign oligarchs and billionaires buy homes here. This attracts the newly minted as well, who also want to own detached homes.

Most people under 40 live downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods in high rise condos. There are no houses here. So what do you expect? Real estate has to go up. The last houses under $1mil are essentially gone.

But this will not effect us at all. Unless your entitlement tells you that you need a detached home with a yard and all that shit.

Canadian women.... meh...

I was in Van two weeks ago and stayed at the Patricia Hotel ($58/night with tax) in my favourite area, East Hastings, the place is like a fucking zoo with crack heads and junkies everywhere. The hotel has a nice blues/jazz bar with reasonable prices on beer and food, there's a bunch of $5 lunch places on Granville and those meals are decent too. Overall I think that Vancouver can be reasonably priced if you look for deals and don't mind sleeping in zombie town although there's also cheap hostels on Granville as the poster above noted.

I've lived in both places. If you've got yellow fever you might like Van.

Personally I fucking hated the place. Depressing as shit. Yes, you can ride most of the year but it'll be the only thing keeping you sane.

Montreal has a brutal winter, but the summers are amazing, the women are hotter and the food is great. It's also dirt cheap. No contest, Montreal. But see for yourself - spend some time in both cities.

I feel like Vancouver is good if you want a low key trip to get some easy Asian poon, I wouldn't want to live there. Industry in Vancouver is shit, it's mostly real estate based, and the land is really expensive for what you're getting back (a pretty boring city). Vancouver could be dope if you were big on hiking and stuff, but other than that, I don't see much benefit of living there long term.

Montreal seems like a better place for a 20 year old to live, a lot more is happening, more busy city, more businesses, way more nightlife.

I mean you have a location independent business, so maybe the industry thing doesn't mean as much, but Vancouver seems like Canada's Portland or something.

As an extra-white white guy, I've got to say Montreal. I don't see the brothers (or any other category of males) doing well in Vancouver. It felt like Toronto West when I visited.

Quote: (04-19-2016 10:17 PM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

I feel like Vancouver is good if you want a low key trip to get some easy Asian poon, I wouldn't want to live there. Industry in Vancouver is shit, it's mostly real estate based, and the land is really expensive for what you're getting back (a pretty boring city). Vancouver could be dope if you were big on hiking and stuff, but other than that, I don't see much benefit of living there long term.

Montreal seems like a better place for a 20 year old to live, a lot more is happening, more busy city, more businesses, way more nightlife.

I mean you have a location independent business, so maybe the industry thing doesn't mean as much, but Vancouver seems like Canada's Portland or something.

Fair enough, but remember he is 20.

When you are 20 and you move to a place that is already established, then you are late to the game. Battling with the vets and the new hustlers.

You find a sleep spot and follow the money. Sleepy town with no money trail? Forget it. Boring city with oligarchs, gangsters and playboys setting up shop? Its only upside.

No one ever gets rich following the herd. 15 years ago, yeah Montreal.

2016? Vancouver.

Vancouver

So in vancouver there is only few blacks but how is the dark skin(no asian) community in Vancouver,I mean middle eastern/italian,latino..looks,is it exotic?do they pull easily ?

I think the OP needs to provide us a bit more info on what he's looking for in a city. Vancouver has warmer, albeit rainier weather with hot Asian and white chicks. Definitely has that west coast hipster granola thing going on similar to Seattle and Portland but not as bad I think. Physically, the place is gorgeous with mountains and the ocean right there so for an avid biker, I'll bet its heaven. Very few black people but the OP said he's from the prairies so he's most likely used to being in a place with not so many black people. Plus, a lot of guys have said that Van chicks love black guys since they don't see many of them.

Montreal has much better nightlife than Van for sure (although Van has gotten much better in this regard than it was) with later closing times and cheaper places to drink. Hot, friendly women as has been well discussed. The big thing in Montreal is the French issue. Since he has his own gig, he doesn't have to worry about it for work but for social life, it will help immensely. I know when I visit Montreal, which is often because my daughter lives there, the women and people in general really respond nicely when I speak in French to them. OP should definitely be open to learning some French if he's going to live there. Lots of black people living in Mtl. Weather is cold as fuck in the winter but again the OP is from the prairies so he should be used to cold assed weather.

Another nice thing about MTL is the close proximity to NY, Boston and other east coast US and Canadian cities. Mountains not to far away either so great biking there too. I think MTL is cheaper to live in than Van. Rent in particular is stupid cheap in Mtl, way cheaper than Van but the taxes suck ass in Quebec. I'm guessing the taxes in BC aren't all that great either though.

Tough choice, not sure which one I'd pick. Probably Mtl because I love French culture and language. At least he took Toronto off his list.

Doc holiday is right. If you go to montreal literally learn just a few french phrases like hello my name is and do excuse me do you speak english. I did that and the people really appreciated it and 95% of them transitioned over to english immediately and were very friendly. The beauty of MTL is that even though there are black people, it's not the same hold up like in certain parts of the U.S where it's seen as a negative. You dress well and smile people will assume things differently than if you dress like a rapper and act thuggish. I enjoyed my time there, but it is cold as fuck lol.

-CD