rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Cities/Countries for Black American Guys???

Reality is a Black guy will likely receive different (good or bad) treatment from women than a white guy worldwide. Where do Black guys get the best reception from ladies???

One place is Monterrey, Mexico. Search for my post on Monterrey.

Can't speak from personal experience, but I rolled in France (Beaches and Paris) with two Black Playboys and the both did really well.

They both had super tight Game and were smooth cats all around. So I would assume they would do well anywhere.

I think it depends, but the places you might get the most attention and stand out as rare and exotic to the women, you might also get a lot of negative attention from the dudes. For instance I was out in the middle nowhere Bolivia and the girls were all staring at me becuase they don't see white guys with blue eyes ever, but the men also seemed more stand offish and protective than normal making it a little uncomfortable to approach.

Bieng black if you go to let's say Germany in a medium or small cities for instance you will find allot of girls that think that all black are cool or that all black dudes are straight out of a hip hop video...be prepared to get questions about 'gangsta' shit ..they just do not know any better don't get offended. On the other hand you go to a big city like Berlin or Hamburg, where they have some African and Caribean immigrants then my friend, you have pretty much lost your exotic value. That is not to say you won't get laid, but it will be more like you are in the USA. You def. won't get any puss from girls who are just curious like you will in a sheltered homogenous town.

I can say that you are better off in maybe France or Holland (the Dutch are very liberal and open, though there are plenty of black men already there so you might not be out of the ordinary...but still can get laid) or some parts of Germany.

Remember this all through Europe people are more open about sex...not necessarily having it, but the topic is not taboo When I was renting a room from a lady in Germany the topic of sex came up allot from her asking me, others asking her etc...she was old.

Latina America is tough for a brother (except for maybe Brazil or the Coast of Colombia / VE)

Africa? Caribbean? N. Brazil?

I've heard Sweden is good to us. Never been there though.

I agree with Rocco, Latin America is probably not the best place for us. They universally worship Caucasian features. There might be some exceptions but it'll be an uphill battle and maybe not worth it. Brazil might be okay though, but even then it seems like most the black dudes that go to Brazil end up doing the p4p thing.

Didn't Virgil Kent go to Colombia? How did he do down there?

I think http://therawness.com/ went to Sweden a while back if memory serves me correctly.

Speaking for our black board members going by what Speak Easy said, going to Carribean, N. Brazil, yes you might get play (as anyone would) but its like a white boy going to Sweden. He might be seen as American/white guy but he is still a white guy and he will need to game harder than if he were "unique" or exotic. That is what you want to play off of when abroad it seems.

Speak Easy I would nix Africa...I hate to generalize but I dont think an American black man going to Africa is a good idea at all.

I worked with a brother who was Spec. Ops in the Army, he was excited to get to advise foreign militaries in Africa. He was totally stoked until he got there and the African officer shook everyone's hand but his. He caught flak non-stop and total disrespect from the Africans. It changed his perspective on Africa. Of course that was only one man and one country, but I have heard this type of thing before and I don't think its that rare.

Quote: (04-29-2010 02:50 PM)Rocco81 Wrote:  

Speaking for our black board members going by what Speak Easy said, going to Carribean, N. Brazil, yes you might get play (as anyone would) but its like a white boy going to Sweden. He might be seen as American/white guy but he is still a white guy and he will need to game harder than if he were "unique" or exotic. That is what you want to play off of when abroad it seems.

I see what you're saying, but the problem is some of those places where you might be seen as most "exotic" might also be places that are very xenophobic too, like E. Europe and Russia. I hear about black dudes doing good there, but at the same time you have to be looking over your shoulder for skinheads.

As for other countries, I've heard hit and miss things about Japan. Many trendy Japanese think of blacks as the epitome of cool. Korea and China though are quite racist from I hear. I think we'd probably do alright in the Philippines. Most Filipinos I've met in the U.S. seem to have no hate toward blacks. I dated a Pinay girl for about six months and had incredible sex. Thailand might be ok too. They don't seem too prejudice over there.

I've heard a lot of brothas rave about Australia(I'd guess the same for NZ?). There aren't too many of us living there at all and the people are pretty friendly so might be a worthy place to check out. Canada might be alright too.

My main problem with this whole thing is that our "niche" tends to be women who are into hiphop and shit like that. I'm definitely not on the hiphop tip, at least in style of dress and what I like to listen to. So I don't get any advantage of appealing to those type of girls.

speakeasy:
"My main problem with this whole thing is that our "niche" tends to be women who are into hiphop and shit like that. I'm definitely not on the hiphop tip, at least in style of dress and what I like to listen to. So I don't get any advantage of appealing to those type of girls."

That is exactly the problem I see also. I like hip hop but by no means do I dress "hip hop" or use a lot of slang.

I spoke with one member of the board about Iceland that had been there. He told me that many girls like black/brown guys but some expect you to show them how to speak like a gangster and other things related to a portion of the "hip hop" scene. His advice to me was not to buy into it. He said that showing them that all black/brown people are not like that actually got him laid just the same.

West Coast USA. This is where I live, everybody fucks everybody out here.(In the big cities) Just play it smooth.

Every other place that I've heard was good has already been mentioned in this post.

If I was black i would go Australia, Germany, Sweeden, Japan, and maybe Russia/EE. And I would do alot of research online first to find out the most welcoming spots.

And don't count out Africa, I have met some beautiful african girls from Ethiopia, Eritea, Kenya, and a few other countries too.

Israel could be a sleeper.

I have no real experience on this subject, but I have heard some things about Japanese women wanting to experiment with black guys. I'm sure Australia and New Zealand are cool, but I got to say from the Kiwi women I met abroad, they definitely don't tend to be that attractive. I would second the notion of the Scandanavian countries, their cultures and landscapes don't interest me personally, but if you are mostly traveling to smash poon then your exotic factor would be very high there, plus they are very tolerant and more socially/culturally liberal. Eastern Europe sounds super sketch, I'm half middle eastern, and kind of look (Jewish, Armenian, Iranian, etc.) and I'm even a little bit concerned about how I would be treated. I will say that one country no one has mentioned that I think would be dope is Switzerland. Everyone in Switzerland speaks English, it's a cool place, interesting architecture/landscapes, fine ass women, not a huge population of black folk, and very tolerant and liberal.

Latin America is bad for dark people. They worship at the Caucasian shrine for some reason. In Peru, about 15% of the population is white Hispanics yet all the models, TV hosts, actors, etc are all white. My maid in Peru would always talk to me and was openly racist, and hated on all the dark Peruvians that come from the jungle region. She was hilarious. She spoke okay English and would tell me stories. Like some American girl she knew who was dating some black Peruvian guy and she says "I dont understand, she is pretty white girl she with ugly dark face man."

And then it was funny when she first met my GF in Peru who was very dark. Then afterwards she would still rag on dark people but then catch herself and say something like "but your gf she is very pretty"

That being said, being an American still makes you high value regardless.

I completely disagree with all of the responses in regards to Latin America. I have spent a large amount of time in Bogota and they seem to love black american men (the non-stereotypical type). I have absolutely no problems when I go there. The same goes for Medellin. I have plenty of friends that are girls in Bogota and they have told me that I'd clean up if I lived there because women absolutely love black men.

The things to be aware of is that they love American, Canadian or British black men but not their own. This is because blacks in south america are not viewed in a positive light, however if a black north american were to go to those cities, many notice that he is different by the way that he dresses and quite honestly where they see him. I also like hip hop (real hip hop) but I don't subscribe to the stereotypes such as the typical dress or slang. Boy do I ever clean up in Colombia. I've been stopped in gyms, the mall and in clubs to be told that I'm attractive. When I go to this one Salsa place in Bogota, I always get asked to dance. The last time I went, some girl asked me to dance and then while dancing with her she said that she wanted me back at her place. I went and finished it off a few days later after getting her number. It may have been a risk but it paid off.

If you are black and from Europe or north america, the uniqueness is there. By the way, I'm Canadian and we have plenty of blacks in Canada. Therefore black americans hold no special value (over and above the normal value that they hold all over the US). Canada doesn't view americans as special or exotic in anyway because the countries are so much alike. I find that blacks in Canada don't hold the negative stereotypes as blacks in the US do. That being said, I'm going back to Colombia.

Deebow I kind of agree with you, I mean there are plenyty of Blacks in Colombia (not so much in Bogota) and yes they are looked at differrently than N.American blacks. But, I also know in Bogota I have witnessed first hand 3 black men getting turned down from entry into a bar, because they were black (they were not Colombian). Things are not the same there from my experience at all.

Now I think its important to note, that if you or Speakeasy or any other black man is cool, polite, educated etc and well dressed North Americans, you are more likely to pick up women on those things alone. That is anywhwere. With game and looks and your own way about you, any men regardless of color can get noticed anywhere. What I think the theme was though, was where would you stand best chances bieng black and using that as a method to meeting girls.

I mean I guess it depends on the goal right? If you want to just get laid, then play off the hip hop shit and play into the expectation. If it is respect and friendship and all that shit then be what you really are and hope for the best while abroad.

Baron you are right on too....I noticed they like to call themselves white when indeed the majority are def. mixed with native blood.

I went to a club in Guatemala once with my Guate amigos and my one friend was barred entry into this up scale club. I thought it was due to his clothes, but the bouncer said something about it bieng a white club "for guys like us..." talking about he and I... I turned and left and when I asked him "You think you're white dude?" he looked very confused and angry. Not that I cared about his race, but he was discriminating against my friend meanwhile he could easily be discrimenated against for the same thing. Ironic.

Quote: (04-30-2010 01:15 PM)Rocco81 Wrote:  

Baron you are right on too....I noticed they like to call themselves white when indeed the majority are def. mixed with native blood.

I went to a club in Guatemala once with my Guate amigos and my one friend was barred entry into this up scale club. I thought it was due to his clothes, but the bouncer said something about it bieng a white club "for guys like us..." talking about he and I... I turned and left and when I asked him "You think you're white dude?" he looked very confused and angry. Not that I cared about his race, but he was discriminating against my friend meanwhile he could easily be discrimenated against for the same thing. Ironic.

Unfortunately that sort of shit is common in Latin America. I've heard about it in Mexico too. They will say something like, "this club is for 'good people' or 'beautiful people'" or something like that, which is just another way of saying you have to be of mostly European blood to get in. Even in Brazil, they might not say explicitly that "this is a white club" but what they will do is make the cover price so high that only the white/European Brazilians(upper classes) can realistically afford entry. I like many aspects of Latin America, but the race situation down there disgusts me, at least in certain areas.

Rocco,

I hear you. It looks like we just have different experiences in Bogota. I can only speak from my own personal experiences. I typically go to the upscale clubs and see a few blacks from the US embassy there. I have also heard from other Colombians that the Afro-Colombians are treated bad. You are also probably right in that a well educated, dressed, etc man will get attention anywhere. In sticking with the theme, I'd also say that you are correct in that you can't necessarily use your race as an asset. However, I've noticed that because maybe I appear clean cut, educated, and well presented, women in Bogota may then see a rarity that is not common there. If they were ever curious about black men, I may have represented a safe option that doesn't perpetuate the stereotype as they are normally used to seeing. This is probably been successful.

As for being turned away from clubs in Mexico and Central America, I haven't been there to have that experience, but it is frustrating to hear that this stuff happens.

Polland.
My cusin went pretty fine in his stay.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Very interesting. Are the ladies in any other cities/countries 'brotha' friendly???

Quote:Quote:

Speak Easy I would nix Africa...I hate to generalize but I dont think an American black man going to Africa is a good idea at all.
I worked with a brother who was Spec. Ops in the Army, he was excited to get to advise foreign militaries in Africa. He was totally stoked until he got there and the African officer shook everyone's hand but his. He caught flak non-stop and total disrespect from the Africans.
I co-sign this 100%. I don't want to generalized either and maybe they just didn't like my Boy and I but at least in Namibia and South Africa I felt they had very little respect and showed even some contempt for American black men. On a positive note, People in Zambia and Botswana were super friendly but I didn't find the local talent there particularly that attractive. Africa is HUGE, so your millage will vary. I know a few people that have been to Ghana, Nigeria and Gambia, they said nothing but good things about the females over there. I am planning a Cairo to Cape town 6 month trek at the beginning of next year, so we'll see how that goes.

Latin America is probably not the best place for us. They universally worship Caucasian features. There might be some exceptions but it'll be an uphill battle and maybe not worth it.

For the most part this is true, there's a whole lot of White worshiping in LA. however, personally i feel that language barrier is more of an handicap than race is. Also, targeting the right demographics also helps. this sounds counter intuitive but in LA I tend to stay away from the lower class girls because from my experience they tend to be most closed minded. I have been to just about every country in LA, The only two places I felt as if women gave me a weird vibe as if I was invisible were Ecuador and El Salvador.

they will do is make the cover price so high that only the white/European Brazilians(upper classes) can realistically afford entry. I like many aspects of Latin America, but the race situation down there disgusts me, at least in certain areas.
They do this in NY as well. I actually like clubs with high covers prices because it keeps all the broke hood, thirsty dudes out of the club. And it make the place more comfortable for the fellas with good game but who can't function when every dude in the club is sweating the fat chick with leggings.. if the only barrier for entry is the high cover then I don't see anything wrong with it.

As for being turned away from clubs in Mexico and Central America, I haven't been there to have that experience, but it is frustrating to hear that this stuff happens.
I have never experience this either. A quick anecdote, when I was in Cuzco I was hanging out with this young Brother from London that was living there for a while. Around midnight on a Friday night we went to the main square to see what's popping. I then see to this club called "Mama Africa" that was directly in front of us and it looked like it was jumping. He turns to me and tells me "I tried to go in yesterday and they didn't let me in, I think they only allow White people." I immediately became enraged as if the spirit of Malcolm X had taken over me. I go to the club with him to confront the same bouncer from the day prior and not only does he let me in but says no cover for me. He then turns to my friend and tells him. "Te vas a portar bien hoy?" Meaning, "Are you going to behave today?" Apparently, this MO FO forgot to tell me that he got shit faced at that club the week prior and trashed the place and that was the real reason why he was personal non grata. LOL.

Very interesting. Are the ladies in any other cities/countries 'brotha' friendly???
It all depends on your budget, second languages you speak and how much time you have. IMHO, you are good to go in pretty much any capital city in Latin America as long as you staying at LEAST 2 weeks. Make sure you dress crisp (90% of dudes down there wear stripped shirts with those awful trucker hats), and leave the skinny and baggy jeans, Basket ball Jerseys, and Air Jordans back home. You don't have to take that whole Gangsta persona just be yourself. Model yourself more after Obama than Snoop Dogg because the local Black population with a little money try very hard to look like a bad BET video. Learn a few basic words in Spanish. If you do all of the above, Its almost impossible not to get any play. Nevertheless, If you strike out with the local chicks just find a local hostel and put your bid in there with the Gringas, the sole reason why they even there is to fuck someone darker than themselves. Its like being Goldman Sachs Executive, you can't lose.

Deebow you are right on dude. I think regardless of race if you present an edcuated and friendly demeanor (leaving game asside) you are going to attract more friends/women/respect than if you play into a certain stereotype. Do your thing and undertsand that people in other countries don't care about american football or NBA or Ed Hardy hats or 90% of American music be it country or biggie.

It's funny about your story of the dude in Peru, I've seen similar examples. Once I was in Germany and met these 2 American dudes, one who was from Jersey and was a big hockey fan...he kept talking shit about Jersey Devils this and that, using stupid slang that nobody there cared about...other was a black dude from Ohio that kept on talking about how these German "thugs" couldn't last in his "hood"...I had to remind him that its not where you are from, rather its where you are at, and there are tough dudes everywhere that you cannot sleep on. Also, I had to remind him if he was such a thug he wouldn't be living in Germany on his dad's tab hahah ... but it was just annoying and furthered my bias toward 90% of other American tourists I have encountered regardless of thier race.

Further more as the globe is getting smaller people are less and less exotic. I mean even just 10 years ago bieng a different race in a foreign land would have either gotten you tons and tons of pussy or on the flip side, could have gotten you killed.

Nowadays with global economy, more people travelling , immigrating + internet etc...there are no big secrets anymore. This can be bad for getting laid because all of us become less exotic and rare (in the places where our respective looks/races are rare) but it can be better as far as real cultural understanding. Like Deebow was alluding to, you want to be seen and judged as a man of his own merit, not simply as a man who will fit into a role/stereotype of what someone expects you to be.

Quote: (05-03-2010 02:23 PM)Rocco81 Wrote:  

Further more as the globe is getting smaller people are less and less exotic. I mean even just 10 years ago bieng a different race in a foreign land would have either gotten you tons and tons of pussy or on the flip side, could have gotten you killed.

But don't forget, there has to be some sort of a hookup culture there. No matter how "exotic" I am, I'm probably not going to be getting much ass in Kazakhstan or Yemen...or anywhere else in the burka belt.

Black guys, esp. those who are hip, intelligent, and don't come off low-class, do quite well in the United Kingdom and France: two countries greatly influenced by the US in their levels of patronizing political correctness towards blacks and admiration for urban black culture.

The other advantage to London and Paris is that it's a focal point for women from Scandinavia and Eastern Europe, who may not have dated a black guy for fear of social ostracism back home but now feel free to be more daring in their choices.

I would say this is NOT the case for Asian guys, who are generally stereotyped and sh*t on within the Anglosphere with the geeky, nerdy, "Chinaman" image. I've seen Asian guys who had a tough time in the UK with white women transform into "super charged" playboys in places like Prague, once they could be themselves without having to deal with the underlying negativity they faced in the UK/USA.

In other words, dating is a lot like real estate. Location matters.