rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My simple method to rapid weight loss while eating fast food

In the last 2 months I have lost 25 pounds.

If that's not impressive on its own, I did it while maintaining, and in some cases improving strength and stamina.

And I did it without any cooking whatsoever.

I did it by combining 3 "diets" - paleo, ketogenic and intermittent fasting. It's a lot simpler than it sounds

Paleo means you only eat meats, veggies, sweet potatoes and fruit (more or less, there are lists of what's paleo and what's not)

Intermittent fasting means I skipped breakfast. That's it.

Keto means that I generally eat low carb, high fat, high protein.

This can be done entirely by eating out.

Example - in Chipotle - get a salad bowl with no beans or rice, and have them load it with barbacoa and guacamole. The perfect low carb, high fat dish. Now eat those twice a day - weight loss is guaranteed.

There are places like Dig Inn, Hu Kitchen, Roti Grill that make paleo fast food eating simple. Or you can just visit "hot food bars" like the ones at Whole Foods.

Downsides:

No Alcohol - Alcohol contains a shitload of calories. At our gym, they mentioned you can occasionally have a glass of red wine per day. I took full advantage of that, especially on dates.
Your first week - your workouts will feel like shit. Your body is re-adjusting, and its completely normal. Counter that by eating fruit right before and right after a workout. Speaking of which:

Workouts:
Since you're low carb, quick, high intensity workouts will be better and more sustainable for you at this point. A typical Crossfit workpout is perfect - a 20 minute "strength" portion and a 10-20 minute "Endurance Wod" portion.

It's really that simple. I'll share more details if people want them, but off the top of my head that's what I did

Hope this helps someone!

I just switched from Paleo to Ketogenic in conjunction with intermittent fast. So far so good. On the plus side a ketogenic diet has been show to kill off a lot of pre cancer cells.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

There's a lot of different school of taught when it comes to diet, so I'll restrain from infusing my beliefs on this thread. The only reason that I'm writing in, is to warn to be extremely careful if/when you plan to bring your carbs up eventually. Because at the moment you are most likely going in and out of a state call ketosis,

where your body is creating keytones from the fat your consuming in your diet, and/or transforming your protein intake to glucose via Gluconiogenesis. If you increase your carbs suddenly, your body will be like a sponge and store those carbs right away as fat as a precaution measure. I've done this mistake myself, and it's not fun to go through! I usually bring my carbs up over a period of 4 to 6 weeks to avoid this. Just a heads up

I did a ketogenic diet for nearly 6 months and I didn't really lose weight (i was in ketosis for the entire period according to ketostix) but I think this was because I was already 170 lbs but trying to get a shredded physique. I was also lifting weights regularly so I think my body was in a stage of maintenance. I'd have to nearly starve myself to drop more weight, as I was still eating high calorie.

Ketogenic diets are nearly the best way to lose weight, as you're almost never hungry due to all the fat and protein. I'm currently eating low-carb again, but I think my plain Greek yogurt addiction (which is quite decently low carb) is keeping me out of Keto.

Congrats Kid. 25 lbs is a big chunk of weight.

I only lasted 2 weeks on a keto diet. I'm a big meat and potatoes kind of guy. I lost 20 lbs by counting calories. I've implemented some of the keto basics incidentally from calorie counting. I rarely eat bread or pasta now. I used to love bread and pasta, but I love having a flat stomach more. Spaghetti squash is hands down the best replacement for pasta. And most meals work great without bread.

90 percent of my calories come from chicken or beef.

Good work with the weight loss, but I have one thing to say about alcohol.

Alcohol is 7 calories per gram. The real weightloss dealbreaker is when you drink higher carb beer, sugary wine, or mixed drinks.

Dry wine, liquor, and light beer all have the majority of their calories from alcohol.

The thing about alcohol is that, although it arguably does not help fat loss, it is metabolized first (otherwise a couple drinks would keep your drunk for a whole day). The danger with alcohol, other than drinking on a mostly empty stomach is when you binge eat while drinking.

Since the body processes alcohol first, it does not store as fat. I would simply view it as lost time, if you have four drinks during a day of dieting, it would be like losing four hours of that day. You are not burning any fat while drunk, but if all you're doing is drinking you're not putting any fat on, either.

So it's not a huge deal if you have a couple glasses of dry wine, it's not going to screw with your weight loss too much.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

That seems pretty expensive. If you don't mind me asking how much did that rack up daily?

Quote: (04-02-2016 01:29 AM)Roadrunner Wrote:  

That seems pretty expensive. If you don't mind me asking how much did that rack up daily?

That'd end up being around 19-22$ish daily. For just two chipotle trips

If you do this every single day, and do zero grocery shopping/eating out, you're spending $600/month on food.

No thanks.

Now if you want to get some frozen chicken breasts, seasonings and veggies and make your own guac, I'd guess you could do this from scratch @ $100/month. And without the copious amounts of salt Chipotle puts on everything.

Quote: (03-31-2016 03:41 PM)Kid Strangelove Wrote:  

In the last 2 months I have lost 25 pounds.

If that's not impressive on its own, I did it while maintaining, and in some cases improving strength and stamina.

And I did it without any cooking whatsoever.

I did it by combining 3 "diets" - paleo, ketogenic and intermittent fasting. It's a lot simpler than it sounds

Paleo means you only eat meats, veggies, sweet potatoes and fruit (more or less, there are lists of what's paleo and what's not)

Intermittent fasting means I skipped breakfast. That's it.

Keto means that I generally eat low carb, high fat, high protein.

This can be done entirely by eating out.

Example - in Chipotle - get a salad bowl with no beans or rice, and have them load it with barbacoa and guacamole. The perfect low carb, high fat dish. Now eat those twice a day - weight loss is guaranteed.

There are places like Dig Inn, Hu Kitchen, Roti Grill that make paleo fast food eating simple. Or you can just visit "hot food bars" like the ones at Whole Foods.

Downsides:

No Alcohol - Alcohol contains a shitload of calories. At our gym, they mentioned you can occasionally have a glass of red wine per day. I took full advantage of that, especially on dates.
Your first week - your workouts will feel like shit. Your body is re-adjusting, and its completely normal. Counter that by eating fruit right before and right after a workout. Speaking of which:

Workouts:
Since you're low carb, quick, high intensity workouts will be better and more sustainable for you at this point. A typical Crossfit workpout is perfect - a 20 minute "strength" portion and a 10-20 minute "Endurance Wod" portion.

It's really that simple. I'll share more details if people want them, but off the top of my head that's what I did

Hope this helps someone!

Can you provide more specifics about your complete Chipotle diet. You said you only had two barbacoa Chipotle salad bowls a day but then you would eat fruit when you work out.

- What specifically were you putting on the salad bowl besides barbacoa and guacamole?

- What fruit did you eat when you work out? Did you ever eat fruit on days you did not work out?

- Did you always skip breakfast?

- How often were you working out?

- Did you drink only water during this time?

For the past few weeks, I've been experimenting with a deeper kind of intermittent fasting - namely, skipping both breakfast and lunch, and only having dinner.

I've never really eaten breakfast, so I've always been intermittent fasting, without really know it. This helps me out a lot as that's about 16 hours already where I don't consume food. (I do have coffee in the morning and tea throughout the day.)

I eventually started experimenting with going without lunch in addition to going without breakfast, as finding food for lunch or cooking it is kind of a pain. But it seems to be working out so far - I don't really miss lunch either. I think that being well-hydrated and drinking plenty of decaffeinated kombucha tea through the day helps (I always have a bottle of tea ready and make several bottles daily). I get a bit hungry but I always have a dinner prepared at home that I can look forward to, which is probably a key.

Benefits: reduced expenses, longer periods of fasting, less energy spent on thinking about what to eat (less time cooking, less time thinking about what to cook, or less time spent buying prepared food)

Drawbacks: you get a bit hungry after about 1pm (for me it's not a big deal - also, Edward Limonov is famously youthful and healthy for his age and basically does the same thing)

I feel like the whole low carb thing is getting a bit overblown. Don't get me wrong - I use to practice as a doctor and would often advise people who wanted to lose weight to cut down their intake of carbs, especially simple carbs. But sometimes I feel people are hailing low carb diets as the solution to all their weight loss and overall general health problems.

Interesting case study - the Tsimane people of Bolivia apparently have the healthiest hearts in the world and they eat more carbs and less fat than the average American (that's saying something!) : http://www.bbc.com/news/health-39292389

Also, in terms of weight loss, I think some people just respond better to low carb diets whilst others respond to low fat diets. If you've had a DNA test done by 23andme, you can find out which group you fall under: http://rockstarresearch.com/these-5-gene...ur-body-2/

I know for myself, I've experimented with different versions of a low carb diet with minimal success, but it wasn't until I did a 23andme test and found out that i actually fell under the low fat group that i actually started to see impressive results. So impressive in fact that I managed to lose 15lb in my first month!

I have skipped breakfast for years and have managed to remain a healthy weight and look slim (early 40s).

I eat a lot of carbs and my only exercise is walking, but I do walk a lot. I drink quite a bit of alcohol too.

I really think there is something in skipping breakfast.

If I do happen to have breakfast (like it's included in a room rate) then I find myself even hungrier at lunch, so I end up eating way more than a no breakfast day.

Quote: (05-12-2017 10:32 AM)riverfish Wrote:  

Also, in terms of weight loss, I think some people just respond better to low carb diets whilst others respond to low fat diets.

This is very true. However I personally don't feel that the low carb message is yet overblown. People have been conditioned for so long by shit like the 'health food pyramid' that the alternative message that high fat low carb can work for many people still needs to be put out there forcefully.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Yessir. I lost 35lbs on Keto in about 9 months with zero exercise. The last 3 months I combined cardio with Keto and lost about a half/pound a week. Now, I'm doing intermittent fasting (IF), keto and 5x5 strength training workout. I don't own a scale but I can tell the IF is fastracking results.

If you want to go on keto for a lot cheaper and actually feel filled up just buy a cheap portable grill and make steak and grilled veggies. Makes for especially nice shitting, you'll feel like you're launching a torpedo out of a submarine.

Quote: (05-15-2017 02:00 PM)DimeBait Wrote:  

Yessir. I lost 35lbs on Keto in about 9 months with zero exercise. The last 3 months I combined cardio with Keto and lost about a half/pound a week. Now, I'm doing intermittent fasting (IF), keto and 5x5 strength training workout. I don't own a scale but I can tell the IF is fastracking results.

Did you track calories or just ate what you wanted as long as you kept in ketosis? Thanks.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I did almost this exact thing a couple years ago and can confirm it worked for me, for weight loss at least. I don't eat breakfast and for supper I eat real meat, eggs butter, seasonings and vegetables (not veggies because I am not a three year old).

For my lunches, when I couldn't bring food or if I wanted to go out with people I would do the following.

1. Mcdonalds - Mcdoubles without "cheese" or ketchup. Don't eat the bun.

2. Qdoba/Chipotle - grilled meat, grilled vegetables, chalula in a bowl

3. Mongolian grills - Meat, low carb vegetables, and only the oils and other low carb sauces (the nutrition facts are on their website)

4. Cafes that serve breakfast - Bacon and eggs or steak and eggs.

5. Any fast food salad that has un-breaded meat. I keep olive and avocado oil at my office instead of dressing.

I know some of these things aren't the best for you like preservatives, fake oils, factory raised animals et al but were talking just keto here so don't get uppity. [Image: smile.gif]

I didn't lose those last few vanity pounds eating like this but I was close. I am guessing because of the salt and preservatives but it was easy and I felt good.

A simple way to do this as well is rotisserie chickens. Cheap as hell and a lot of protein usually lasts me 2-3 meals. Buy spinach and a vinegar based dressing. Easy and cheap eating that's healthy. All available at just about every grocery store.