rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Preworkout Powders?

Best Preworkout Powders?

Anyone use a preworkout before hitting the gym? If so, is there a particular product that you would recommend?

Thus far, I have used C4, HYDE and FINAFLEX. Someone told me B-NOX is good, but I haven't tried it.

Best Preworkout Powders?

I'll sip a Red Bull, but that's it.

Best Preworkout Powders?

I like pump based pres more than stimulant based. Top 2 for me are:
1. ProSupps Dr. Jekyll
2. Cellucore No Extreme N-Zero (this one is good for cutting)

Arnold Iron Pump sucked and tasted horrible.
White flood was also a good one that taste really good

Best Preworkout Powders?

Quote: (03-03-2016 11:07 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Anyone use a preworkout before hitting the gym? If so, is there a particular product that you would recommend?

Thus far, I have used C4, HYDE and FINAFLEX. Someone told me B-NOX is good, but I haven't tried it.

Most of the stuff you buy is filled with so much crap. I usually just make my own [Only on the days I'm feeling flat].

- Tablespoon of coffee.
- Tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Teaspoon of creatine.
- Teaspoon of beta alanine.

I add hot water, low fat milk, a handful of ice cubes and drink it as an iced coffee.

Best Preworkout Powders?

Quote: (03-04-2016 12:22 AM)Rush87 Wrote:  

Quote: (03-03-2016 11:07 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Most of the stuff you buy is filled with so much crap. I usually just make my own [Only on the days I'm feeling flat].

- Tablespoon of coffee.
- Tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Teaspoon of creatine.
- Teaspoon of beta alanine.

I add hot water, low fat milk, a handful of ice cubes and drink it as an iced coffee.

Thanks, I have all of that as well but I'm looking for powders right now.

Best Preworkout Powders?

[Image: utdwtR6.gif]

Best Preworkout Powders?

Hyde is awful, way too much caffeine, just tweaked out on it. One scoop and then the rest in the trash. I don't make use of them much anymore but when I used to, I had 2 as my go tos. If you want creatine in the mix, prejym. If you don't want creatine, nitronox. Prejym tastes good enough. Nitronox is hands down the worst tasting supp i've ever had but it's got everything you'd want, the agmatine makes it bitter which is why none of the flavors mask the horrid taste but energy pump and focus are great. Nitronox is the best pwo i've used but you gotta shoot it like tequilla, stick it in a magic bullet type blender with as little water as possible, and blend the shit out of it and throw it back and try not to taste it on the way down.

Best Preworkout Powders?

I don't know how you guys take those. I've tried some before and I was wired and jittery as fuck. I felt like I could lazers out of my eyes too.

Now that I think about it, I didn't see what they gave me or see them mix it so I wouldn't be too surprised if it was coke.

Best Preworkout Powders?

I like a cup of black coffee with coconut oil or a tab of yohimbine with a tab of albuterol. I do not and would not recommend you waste your money on pre workout powders.

Best Preworkout Powders?

I believe this commercial

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Best Preworkout Powders?

I think a better question it is, how do guys keep motivated at the beginning of the workout. Since the first 5 minute of a workout sucks. Because your body and bring doesn't want to push or work harder.

Also, lets be honest its pretty hard to stay consistent with same routine over 6 months.

Pre workout is a marketing terminology. Its not needed for gains in the gym.

I recommend:

Black Coffee
Any amino acid warm-up is also good.

Other than that, do what would keeps you motivated.

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
– Bruce Lee

One must give value, but one must profit from it too, life is about balance

Best Preworkout Powders?

Quote: (03-05-2016 10:06 AM)elimanning Wrote:  

I recommend:

Black Coffee

Been there, done that. I'm looking for recommendations for specific preworkout powders on the market.

Best Preworkout Powders?

I've tried a bunch of stuff for pre-workout and right now am enjoying Blackstone Labs Dust V2, or on more natural days good strong black coffee or sometimes guarana powder.

I have a near full tub of Mutant Madness which seems like powdered placebo. A complete waste of cash, despite the store keeper assuring me that more than two scoops and it's gonna be a trip to the hospital.

In Asia I used some of the energy drinks that are sold in little medicine bottles like M-150 or Red Bull +Theoplex. Sugary as hell and fun to drink out of whiskey cups while contending jetlag but not as good as Dust V2 by any stretch.

Anyone used Jack3D? Never tried it, but heard excited things about it. The active component 1,3-DMAA, triggers the 'fight-or-flight' response. Because of its potency it seems to have been outlawed in a lot of places and has become hard to find.

I guess the question becomes, are you trying to get ready for a work out or just wanna get tweaked?

Best Preworkout Powders?

For all the guys saying PWO are a waste of money, they're not. I've been going to the gym 3 to 6 days a week for the past 5 years (the first 2 years without taking any pwo) and can notice a difference in my strength and stamina if taking a pwo or not. As I said there are two kinds of PWOs, stimulant or pump based. The stimulant ones are loaded with caffeine which is where you get the jittery feeling. If you dont like it then try pump based PWOs. Also there many different brand so the one you tried might have sucked because of their ingredients.

I dont need to motivate myself because I've just told myself that the most important part of my day is going to the gym for those past 5 years. The people who cant motivate themselves are the people who quite or who buy a membership after new years. I take the PWO to get a more effective workout.

I've heard good things about Jym PreJym and how it has clinical doses but its expensive is why I havent tried it. The guy who made it has a Phd in the field and is ripped himself.

Best Preworkout Powders?

A donut makes a great pre workout.

If I'm ambitious or a little tired I'll also take 100mg (half a pill) of caffeine. I'm sensitive to caffeine so I take it easy with that stuff.

Most pre-workouts are mainly a buttload of caffeine, artificial sweetener, and artificial flavoring. They get you wired and then you burp up gross fake watermelon taste during the workout. You could probably chug diet Mountain Dew or Red Bull for a similar effect.

Creatine and Beta Alanine don't need to be taken just prior to your workout.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Best Preworkout Powders?

Quote: (03-05-2016 11:10 AM)franko100 Wrote:  

I've tried a bunch of stuff for pre-workout and right now am enjoying Blackstone Labs Dust V2

Never heard of that one. The only other one I tried was NO Explode in RTD form. Used to like to drink Turbo Tea back in the day. I like to try powders with a kick now.

Best Preworkout Powders?

Another good preworkout called S.A.W. Super Aggressive Workout by Trec Nutrition. Its available in powder or capsules. I don't think you're gonna be super aggressive from taking it, but it does the job and you can get it in small sample portions.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:10 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (03-05-2016 11:10 AM)franko100 Wrote:  

I've tried a bunch of stuff for pre-workout and right now am enjoying Blackstone Labs Dust V2

Never heard of that one. The only other one I tried was NO Explode in RTD form. Used to like to drink Turbo Tea back in the day. I like to try powders with a kick now.

Best Preworkout Powders?

You should check out GAT- Nitraflex Testosterone Enhancing Pre Workout, Watermelon flavor. It contains beta -alanine, caffeine, other ingredients and no creatine, which takes out the water retention aspect. This stuff helps get you a nice pump and adds and if you are are vascular to begin with, it really increases this aspect.

It's a German company and they have done alot of clinical trials that support their claims as well. I would recommend this.

note: you can get a good pump without taking pre-work out drinks, it really comes down to your intensity during the work out, but it does give you an added boost.

Best Preworkout Powders?

Quote: (03-05-2016 03:22 PM)Rico Ramon Wrote:  

You should check out GAT- Nitraflex Testosterone Enhancing Pre Workout,

weak product.

Best Preworkout Powders?

I bought this recently. My first time buying something like this so I can't compare it to other products but it seems to work pretty good. I do 2 scoops (recommended serving) before and on the way home from the gym. First time I used it, it felt I just did a line.

http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/evlutio...nergy.html

The fruit punch actually tastes pretty good, "blue raz" is whatever, but drinkable.

Best Preworkout Powders?

i like optimum nutritions blend because it comes with BCAA's in every scoop.

Best Preworkout Powders?

Use Jack3d, recently got pulled off the market, so I went and found a year's worth of it and stashed it.

Best Preworkout Powders?

Quote: (03-05-2016 10:06 AM)elimanning Wrote:  

I recommend:

Black Coffee

Other than that, do what would keeps you motivated.

This is what I use when I get lazy and need to workout at 7 am. I don't take it everyday.

I have found it does put me in the mood of pumping out sets for gains.

You can buy the below at costco for 30 us dollars.

Optimum Nutrition AmiN.O. Energy Iced Cafe Vanilla, 62 Servings
Features: BCAAs & Amino Acids, 10 Calories, Caffeine and Colombian Coffee Blend

http://www.costco.com/Optimum-Nutrition-...44167.html

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
– Bruce Lee

One must give value, but one must profit from it too, life is about balance

Best Preworkout Powders?

Most pre-workout powders and supplements are expensive and overloaded with caffeine, which is one of the cheapest supplements sold online. I order my stuff raw from powdercity,

I mix about:

200mg caffeine
10-20mg Yohimbine
10mg synephrine
150mg L-Theanine(to combat any jitteriness)

A simple stack like this comes out to be much much cheaper than any powder or supplement you can buy.

“It is impossible to overlook the extent to which civilization is built up upon a renunciation of instinct....” - Sigmund Freud

“You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.” - David Foster Wallace

Best Preworkout Powders?

Ive tried buying the ingredients separately and then scooping them in my mouth and downing them with water before a workout. Taste like absolute shit and upsets my stomach...