rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finding Red-Pill (Amiable) Friends

There have been many posts regarding helping friends take the red pill and the general consensus is that you cannot help someone who does not want to be helped with which I agree.

However, I still want to have at least one like-minded friend with whom I can openly discuss my ideas and beliefs.

So instead of trying to transform any existing friends and inevitably failing, why not bypass that issue altogether and instead find men who already share similar beliefs?

That is easier said than done, so my question is this: how do you screen newly-met acquaintances for being open to the red pill?

Are there signs that you can pick up on shortly after meeting someone that indicates their predisposition? If so, which ones?

What is the best place to find these potential friends?

And lastly, how would you approach this at a Midwest college specifically?

I'd start slow. Most people who you form meaningful bonds with- it'll happen over time. Listen to what friends have to say, and relate to them via experiences you have and observations you make. Experiences can be funny, frustrating, sad, exciting, whatever. Red pill truth is everywhere out in the world wherever you go, and it can be fun to notice and point out. As long as you're not dealing with a total SJW chump, most guys can handle small doses of this stuff when you point it out.

Example: I was with a couple other guys at a restaraunt a few weeks ago- one guy slightly red pill and the other guy a total lost cause- just moved in with his GF of 2-3 years - a single mom and he helps take care of the kid (7-8 yrs old). She makes more money than him.

This blue pill dude started telling us that his brother his getting divorced. Wife leaving him after many years, no explanation from her. I say something to the effect of "that's fucked up" and he immediately starts saying "well y'know my brother has a temper and blah blah"...like it was automatically his brother's fault that this woman was leaving him without explanation.
I kept a straight face, but when he went to the bathroom I pointed the whole thing out to my slightly red pill friend. That it's fucked up that this guy is doing anything but taking HIS OWN BROTHER's side and assuming that the female is in the right. Even though she's leaving without explanation. A perfect example of what Rollo Tomassi talks about as far as the feminine imperative that surrounds us.
Because I have a bit of a running dialogue about this stuff with my friend, he got it when I pointed out how fucked it was that this dude was siding against his own brother. And that there's a reason for that that most people are not aware of.
Anyhow, speak your mind about shit and don't worry too much about what people think. You'll see naturally what kind of guys are receptive to these ideas. Don't push. Be tactful. Just be cool and funny because a lot of these observations will be pretty amusing. People will notice, women included, that you have a different view of the world than most ot the assholes out there.

TL;DR version - gym is probably a good spot

Look in the mirror. [Image: lol.gif] it isn't that easy to meet people in real life that don't toe th PC line.

At the gym make sure it isn't planet fitness. Make sure the guy seems to take lifting seriously. This may be insulting to some but I would probably stay away from scrawny guys. My experience is they are not GENERALLY red pill.

Guys that seem like they could be tough in a fight a generally red pill. And the coolest thing in the gym is even if he is a bad mofo GENERALLY if you just ask about an exercise or something they open up. They respect it if you are doing work. They won't respect you if you are yapping on the phone. Put your weights back. Act like you understand how to behave in a gym and red pill guys will respect that. And be regular. Meaning be be dedicated. After a while they accept you because you show up. Happened for me while boxing. I box at an old school place. After a while they just realized I wasn't going to quit and it was ok to invest some effort into interacting with me. I know I went off the deep end about the gym but I hate a lot of the fuckers that don't know what to do at a gym.

Once you know them bring up borderline topics and gauge their reaction. Did you catch MMA last night and see if they say anything about the women fighting. even though this is not red pill thinking, don't put your thoughts out there. Size up thensituation.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Go to an ROK meetup.

Whatever you do, if you're going to insist on talking red pill with people at large, don't use sperg terms like "hypergamy" and "HB9".

You'd be surprised at what you can get away with saying when you put it in real terms. Look at Patrice O'Neal - he was able to say RP shit without saying "hypergamy" or any term like that.

Quote: (03-01-2016 01:41 AM)Chetthebaker Wrote:  

I'd start slow. Most people who you form meaningful bonds with- it'll happen over time. Listen to what friends have to say, and relate to them via experiences you have and observations you make. Experiences can be funny, frustrating, sad, exciting, whatever. Red pill truth is everywhere out in the world wherever you go, and it can be fun to notice and point out. As long as you're not dealing with a total SJW chump, most guys can handle small doses of this stuff when you point it out.

Example: I was with a couple other guys at a restaraunt a few weeks ago- one guy slightly red pill and the other guy a total lost cause- just moved in with his GF of 2-3 years - a single mom and he helps take care of the kid (7-8 yrs old). She makes more money than him.

This blue pill dude started telling us that his brother his getting divorced. Wife leaving him after many years, no explanation from her. I say something to the effect of "that's fucked up" and he immediately starts saying "well y'know my brother has a temper and blah blah"...like it was automatically his brother's fault that this woman was leaving him without explanation.
I kept a straight face, but when he went to the bathroom I pointed the whole thing out to my slightly red pill friend. That it's fucked up that this guy is doing anything but taking HIS OWN BROTHER's side and assuming that the female is in the right. Even though she's leaving without explanation. A perfect example of what Rollo Tomassi talks about as far as the feminine imperative that surrounds us.
Because I have a bit of a running dialogue about this stuff with my friend, he got it when I pointed out how fucked it was that this dude was siding against his own brother. And that there's a reason for that that most people are not aware of.
Anyhow, speak your mind about shit and don't worry too much about what people think. You'll see naturally what kind of guys are receptive to these ideas. Don't push. Be tactful. Just be cool and funny because a lot of these observations will be pretty amusing. People will notice, women included, that you have a different view of the world than most ot the assholes out there.

TL;DR version - gym is probably a good spot

Excluding cases where people have been severely wronged by their family, lacking family loyalty is a huge red flag against someone's character.

Perhaps I'm antisocial, but I would never bother pursuing a friendship with that man.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

If you're constantly going out, find other guys who are good at game and befriend them.

meetup.com, find local sessions that attract guys doing typically manly pursuits. DJ's are often cool redpill'd people with huge social networks open for the joining.

You can also run into them while you are out approaching girls. It doesn't take much to get a good feel for who our people are just by looking at them and talking for a couple seconds. There are way more of us than you'd think. Shake hands with the smart looking group of guys who are dressed well, especially towards the start of the night as people are filing into the venue.

and yeah, the rok meetups will change you life.

Quote: (03-01-2016 07:35 PM)Silver_Tube Wrote:  

meetup.com, find local sessions that attract guys doing typically manly pursuits. DJ's are often cool redpill'd people with huge social networks open for the joining.

You can also run into them while you are out approaching girls. It doesn't take much to get a good feel for who our people are just by looking at them and talking for a couple seconds. There are way more of us than you'd think. Shake hands with the smart looking group of guys who are dressed well, especially towards the start of the night as people are filing into the venue.

and yeah, the rok meetups will change you life.

I had no idea meetup.com existed. Thanks, definitely going to check it out.

I've tried bringing up even little bits of stuff with a couple guys I talk to regularly and the results have been pretty poor. One sort of talks around it and the other, who was a guy I talked to pretty often, doesn't really speak to me anymore. So it's definitely time to start looking outside current circles of friends.

Often times you can also find networking groups for businessmen who meet in your area. I found out about one from a friend that meets a couple of towns over, about 15 minutes away. From what I've heard, there's usually at least a few like-minded guys there. Granted, it's probably not all that useful for someone in college, but maybe for others.

You probably can't find red pill friends because you aren't willing to put in the work. Many posters suggested an ROK meetup, the the obvious solution would be to organize and host an ROK meet up. If you don't do this, just be honest with yourself, you aren't willing to put in the work. The advice about hardcore athletes/gym enthusiasts being red pill is gold. To meet excellent people you have to do excellent things, that could be workin out hardcore or buying those $500 tickets to the real estate convention (assuming you're into real estate). The $500 is a filter to seperate the ordinary people from those who excel in real estate (chose real estate purely as an example). Also, just buying tickets isn't enough, you have to put in work which means introducing yourself to strangers. Putting in work applies to everything in life including getting laid.

I find I just say whatever I want to say, and those that want to stick around as friends do so, and those that I 'hurt with my mean misogynist words' disappear. You'd probably be surprised how red pill some guys can be… A lot of guys probably think what we think, but I doubt it's ever presented to them in a way that is rational or without coming across as an 'angry butt hurt MRA'.

Quote: (03-02-2016 07:24 AM)Rush87 Wrote:  

A lot of guys probably think what we think, but I doubt it's ever presented to them in a way that is rational or without coming across as an 'angry butt hurt MRA'.

Agreed.

There is no need to talk about any of this stuff. Just DO and BE, and you will naturally find people you enjoy hanging out with. "Red pill" (does anyone else think this term is corny as hell?) discussion topics tend to range from neutral at their absolute best to horribly, horribly negative at worst.

"Most women are sluts"
"Feminism is the worst thing that ever happened"
"99% of women are not worth marrying"
"Women suck at most things compared to men"
"The West is doomed, we should all leave"
"SJWs are evil slime"
"That chick who claimed she was raped and didn't press charges is lying"

It doesn't matter if the statements above are true or not; no one likes being around negativity in real life. Talking about this stuff out loud does not make you any more of an alpha male hardass. The biggest issue with our movement is that so many men whine and make aggressive, offensive statements to the internet, but continue to get walked on in real life. I'm not trying to sound I'm the uber-alpha King Leonidas myself, because I'm not. But I do try to take action to match what I believe in.

If you want to make "red pill" friends, it's not hard. Look at a prospective friend's actions:

-Does he bang a lot of girls?
-Does he bang very attractive girls?
-Is he genuinely funny?
-If he's in a relationship, does he have the upper hand?
-Does he workout and play sports?
-Let's say an athletic girl wants to join an all-male, 5 on 5 pickup basketball game at the school gym. They have to guard each other. Is he the type to play soft defense and let her score, or does he shamelessly exploit her as the weak link so his team wins and stays on the court?
-Do people generally like being around him?

He's probably someone worth befriending.

Visit a Trump rally.

Dude if you're at college it should be easy as hell. Join clubs go to events, there are mixers and things every week.

There should be free classes in beginning of semesters for stuff like dance class or intramurals. There is nowhere easier in the world to meet people than college.

See anyone you like or wish to emulate in your classes? Tell them you're looking for a new sport/club and they will tell you about their favorite one.